• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Terrifying Destiny

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
Years
  • yeah similar but not the same, if you look more exactly you will see that the colours are not at all the same, look:

its similar but in the game it looks much worse than the original tile........

butwell, I think no I at last found whats the problem, maybe I'll be able to post my maps with the new tiles soon ;D

nice story but i didnt like the part that humans are pokemon slaves i hated it .
    i cant wait until the first beta

why you don't like it that humans where pokemons slaves?
    if not if its not in the story why should someone look forward to have the controll over pokemons, I think its alright so........
    and the beta will maybe not come out soon, I don't like to do a beta if the game isn't enough far......
    I think there'll be a beta at least after 2 badges, so i have yet 8 maps to do and also change the scripts :S
    the beat will surely not come out before 1 month, but be patient^^

Last edited:

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • UPDATES!!!!

it's not exactly what I wanted but it looks also good so I'll leave it so^^
    but it's not all, I just made the "main tiles", now I'll make other tiles for example buildings and so........

here are the new tiles:

route103-1.jpg

route101-1.jpg

village1-1.jpg

(i know for the tile error but I was too lazy to correct it ^^, but it will be done at once)
    route106-1.jpg

dewfordtown-1.jpg

plz comment, say if you find them nice or if should change.....

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    UPDATES!!!!

it's not exactly what I wanted but it looks also good so I'll leave it so^^
    but it's not all, I just made the "main tiles", now I'll make other tiles for example buildings and so........

here are the new tiles:

route103-1.jpg

route101-1.jpg

village1-1.jpg

(i know for the tile error but I was too lazy to correct it ^^, but it will be done at once)
    route106-1.jpg

dewfordtown-1.jpg

plz comment, say if you find them nice or if should change.....
    That looks like just a pallete change.:/

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • no, not exactly, but your right i've got a problem with the tiles, it just doesn't work, can some one help me to insert them?

i already did exactly as in the tile-inserting tutorial but it still doesn't work, i couls only change the ground and the grass tile, the rest is just a palette change acording to the colours of the 2 new tiles.......
    but i really need help for changing tiles, i looked every tutorial and made the same but it doesn't work :(

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    no, not exactly, but your right i've got a problem with the tiles, it just doesn't work, can some one help me to insert them?

i already did exactly as in the tile-inserting tutorial but it still doesn't work, i couls only change the ground and the grass tile, the rest is just a palette change acording to the colours of the 2 new tiles.......
    but i really need help for changing tiles, i looked every tutorial and made the same but it doesn't work :(
    Tiling is on my list of hacking things to learn, so I couldn't help you...:(

Micro SD

HubbaBubba
    Years
  • Well, the maps look pretty good and so do your tiles. The tiles are a bit simple, but I'll give you credit; they're pretty good. However, the story seems kinda.... cliched I guess is the word.

A team would definitely help, but usually its best to also know how to script, map, and tile insert yourself. Most of which you can learn about in the Tutorial section.

But anyways, that's my $0.02. Good luck with the hack.

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • Can I be a pokemon inserter for you?

well, pokemon inserter is also needed in my team so your in :D

can you give me through PM your e-mail adresse so that we may talk about the hack.......
    i'll also say you wich pokemon i whant to insert

@ Micro SD:

well, actually i'm learning to script and its not very difficult, for the tiles its different, i learnded exactly how to insert tiles and if not i can create great tiles but when i inserted them it didn't work o.O?

so i either i missed a step in the tuto or there's another problem.......

but tiling , mapping, spriting and OW'ing is not a problem for me......
    so we can just say that i'm good in all what is graphic^^

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    no, not exactly, but your right i've got a problem with the tiles, it just doesn't work, can some one help me to insert them?

You have a problem with Tile Inserting? Ermm... Tell you what, I'm not gonna insert for you, but if you VM me with exactly what you did, I may be able to figure out an alternative way. Or you could add my MSN. Your choice. Either way, I'm willing to see what you did, and teach you if I know the problem, or at least go through it step by step.

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • ok, i'll add you in msn, it's better for talking.......

but i can already say you that i tried everything,
    i placed the new tiles in free space and i changed the palette acordingly to the colours of the new tiles but the colours just don't apear, for example i inserted a tree but in AM it apeared only to be 1 colour -_-'

well, anyway i'll explain you more precisely in msn.......

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    ok, i'll add you in msn, it's better for talking.......

but i can already say you that i tried everything,
    i placed the new tiles in free space and i changed the palette acordingly to the colours of the new tiles but the colours just don't apear, for example i inserted a tree but in AM it apeared only to be 1 colour -_-'

well, anyway i'll explain you more precisely in msn.......

MSN it is then, but I already know what you did wrong, just from you telling me that.

Night-Shade

Working On Pokemon Night Shade
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    if you need any help with title screen i can help i am experienced in ruby title screens

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • if you need any help with title screen i can help i am experienced in ruby title screens

that would be great! i already changed the title screen once but its not very good, i just changed the name and the pokemon, thats all.......

UPDATES!!!!

I know now how to insert tiles :D :D :D!!!

great thanx to deviation who taught me how to insert^^

day/night system included!
    here are also 2 new maps with 1 new tree and new grass!!, thats all for now but now that i know how to insert tiles i'll change all other tiles also, update of new tiles coming soon ;D

route102-1.jpg

route102-2.jpg

comment plz the maps and also the new tile^^

Last edited:

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    the mountian pallette stands out way too much it hurts =/
    The grass looks pretty poorly done, the shading ect. is completely messed

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • yeah your right its not very good but its one of my first tiles^^

don't worry the next will be better ;D

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • UPDATES:

I done a few new tiles, they are not really the best possible but I find them still good:

I just got the same maps with the new tiles:

route102-2-1.jpg

route102-1-1.jpg

the new tiles are the small trees, the high grass, I also added a new type of rocks, then there's also the water and the sand that is new......and a new cave entrance

comment plz on the new tiles :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Nice, the new tiles look good, but the stairs look horrible with the mountain tiles.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • The mountain palettes are way too bright. Tone them down and make them browner. And in that map, I think you should make the stairs more than one tile wide because it ruins the plyability of the map. :3

Back