• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Terrifying Destiny

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
Years
  • the tiles are not all finished, I'll change all tiles possible......
    i'm already working on the stairs and the mountain colour i'm also working on to find a good colour.......
    I also inserted a new house and a new pokecenter, I'll also post them soon ;D

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • I got a small update, first there's a new map, and then I wanted also to say that I at last managed to script/change a dialogue :D
    of course I can't good but it's still a begining^^
    so here's the map

Pokemon Terrifying Destiny

comment and rate plz :)

an overview of the progress till the beta:
    mapping: 85%
    scripting: 1%?
    tile inserting: 10%
    sprites: 1% ==> I only changed the main character but even the main is not finished
    OW's: 1% ===> but with spriting I'll start later more seriously

well so in fact I'm not far at all exept in mapping, but I got spriter and a scripter now, so it will progress quicker :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    The only thing I don't like about the map is the rocks sticking out of the puddle.
    It just doesn't....look right....

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • yeah the palette I have yet to change, I will also add new rocks because these are horrible I find, they are not enough natural, never we can see rocks which are so round.......
    I'm now at last inserting building tiles also :D

RedBaron474

I don't even know
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    Peter got married and bore a son

I think you should maybe change this to Peter got married and had a son. When you put it this way it sounds like Peter gave birth to his son.

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • I think you should maybe change this to Peter got married and had a son. When you put it this way it sounds like Peter gave birth to his son.

lol^^ your right......
    but anyway the storyline isn't definitiv, I even haven't started because I'm not good in scripting sp the storyline is not a problem, when I'll start with it it will be very much changed

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • this month I must prepare for very important exams so I'll no more be able to hack, so this thread can be closed(but not deleted), in one month I'll come back with hacking, but for now it will be impossible for me to continue :(
    but don't worry I'll still try to come sometimes to the forum when I got time ;)

so the project will be asleep for 1 month........

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I don't see why you have to close It if it's sleeping for only one month.

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • hmm......well ok, then it should not be closed^^
    but well I just wanted you to know that I'll no more hack for 1 month or more or less.......
    so it means no more updates :(
    but don't worry when I'll be back I'll work even harder than I ever did ;)

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • very very small update but as I aid I have nor more much time yet 2-3 weeks -_-'

but anyway, here is the update:

I at last know how my worldmap should look like, today I got 2 hours to do it :D
    it isn't completely finished but it's already aproximately what it will be in the end.......
    well, a screenie sometimes can tell mor than thousand word ^^
    so here the worldmap:
    Spoiler:

I did it with paint so it isn't very good^^

but anyway, plz rate and comment, and if you could say me what I can do better or worse^^

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • here is the worldmap and there is a yellow cricle on the map what is all I have completely finished hacking........
    it is maybe 1/6 of the region that is finished.....only -_-'
    but well at least you can see how far I am with my hack......

here the map with my progress:
    Pokemon Terrifying Destiny

I think when I will have finished till the town and mountain where is the number 4, the mountain number 1 and the town just above I will release a beta........
    I know no need to say that it is nothing what I did till now and that I'm progressing slowly, but with school and all these axams I have not much time -_-'

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • UPDATES!!!!
    since I broke my foot I can do nothing else exept saying all day on my PC, so now I decided to make a profit of my injury, I will work hard to progress as never :D

everything will be updated on the first page till tomorrow, but here I'l already post a list of all updates!

- New tiles
    I used wesleyFG's romabse before but finaly I changed every tiles that I decided to restart everything on a clean ruby rom, but everything what I already got is on the new rom again, I got even more than before^^

- New maps
    now the first 8 maps are completely finished, and fixed, of course small changes can apear but anyway not they will no more be to recognize, these maps I will already be able to show you ;)

- New main character's sprites (at last :D)
    I did a few sprites, but I can't show them coz I will surely yet change them alot, sorry for now, but soon you will see them coz now I'm back in action, I work more than ever! :D

- At last a title screen :D
    yeah, I got a title screen from a friend, the title screen matches with my story-line, don't think anymore of the old story-line, it was the worst thing I ever did^^ I got a new now ;)

- New story-line
    yeah, so I got a new story-line coz the one I got was really really bad, noone told it directly to me coz it would be disapointing for me but I still saw that everyone found it was bad, even me I found it bad after reading it a few times^^
    unfortunately I can't reveal it yet coz the story-line is yet fresh and not detailed and so on, I must yet change very much at it so I prefere to show it only when I will have more inspiration for it, I hope you not sad for this^^

well, I will change the first page to do it as good as possible with all updates exept those unrevealable, but these also I will update soon, the next week coming you will have the sprites and story-line ;)

I also now got a real team, it will be shown on the first page also

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Can you please refrain from cursing in your posts? I know it wasn't aimed at anyone, but it's certainly not nice to read. ;;

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • oh yeah ok sorry^^
    yeah mustafa it would be great :)
    you can send me a PM with proof of wok and if you want you can also join my team :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2010
    If you need it, I'll be your beta tester. I'm very good at spotting errors, and I nitpick consistently. Particularly grammatically. :) But if there are any errors, I'll find em.

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • ok, great!!
    violentiris777 you will be my beta tester, when I will finish with scripting the first part of the game till beta I will send you the game :)
    thanx for joining the team :D

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • ok guys!! I just finished updating everything exept the story!! :D
    take a look at the first page and tell me what you think about the return of my hack^^
    if you don't understand something ask me, coz my english is not that good, maybe the last feature of the list you haven't understoid, I had difficulties to explain but I'm anyway sure that some don't understand what I meant^^
    you can comment about everything I posted new, if you don't like, something, question, suggestions and so on.....thx :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2010
    Sweet, I'll be ready. :)

For your town name, maybe try looking at Japanese words for "beginnings." That's about the only advice I can give - try and make it seem meaningful and relevant somehow.

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • yeah I know, it's what I'm looking for but it's not that easy to find^^,
    if not the name of the first village is meangingful coz there is the sea at the east and the sun rises on the east, so I called it sunrise village, it is meaningful but it sounds not very good, thats the problem.....
    I can find for any town a meaningful name but they never sound good -_-'

in fact, strange that no one replies, is no one interested in the update I posted on the first page?
    oh, I see, the most important is the story-line, right? and coz there is no yet no one replies.....
    ok I'll post as quick as possible the story-line ;) but anyway I'd like also comments about the graphics and so plz......^^
    and plz if someone wants to help, reply also :)

Back