• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I had this idea for a tank Cresselia

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Modest nature
EVs: 252 HP/152 Def/32 SpA/72 SpD
Moves:
-Charge Beam
-Ice Beam
The last two slots are your pick but I recommend choosing from the following:
Reflect, Light Screen, Lunar Dance, T-Wave, Will-O-Wisp, Psychic, Moonlight

This set gives Cressy 444 HP, and 315 in both defenses, which although sacraficing some of her walling ability, she does it pretty good with the Leftovers. Modest nature pluse the bit of SpA EVs pair nicely with the boosts from Charge Beam, and paired with Ice Beam gives that great BoltBeam coverage. T-Wave and Will-O-Wisp are your status options, and the Screens can increase her walling ability. Psychic is an option if you want a STAB move. Moonlight can recover some HP, and is best on Sunny Day teams.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I had this idea for a tank Cresselia

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Modest nature
EVs: 252 HP/152 Def/32 SpA/72 SpD
Moves:
-Charge Beam
-Ice Beam
The last two slots are your pick but I recommend choosing from the following:
Reflect, Light Screen, Lunar Dance, T-Wave, Will-O-Wisp, Psychic, Moonlight

This set gives Cressy 444 HP, and 315 in both defenses, which although sacraficing some of her walling ability, she does it pretty good with the Leftovers. Modest nature pluse the bit of SpA EVs pair nicely with the boosts from Charge Beam, and paired with Ice Beam gives that great BoltBeam coverage. T-Wave and Will-O-Wisp are your status options, and the Screens can increase her walling ability. Psychic is an option if you want a STAB move. Moonlight can recover some HP, and is best on Sunny Day teams.

Use Moonlight + Reflect. Reason being is that you need recovery and Reflect stops you being Pursuit bait. Bold >> Modest. Also doesnt get W-O-W.

Use the correct thread please too.

~Moves~

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Ok, i'm needing a good set for my pokes. Smogon won't open so:

Sneasel
Jolly
252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 Hp

What moveset and items???

Milotic
Timid
EVs/Moveset/Item???

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 16, 2011

Sneasel
Jolly
252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 Hp

Milotic
Timid
EVs/Moveset/Item???

You want Weavile, so evolve your Sneasel please.

Weavile @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Jolly nature
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe
Moves:
-Ice Punch / Night Slash
-Pursuit
-Brick Break
-Ice Shard

Ice Punch and Night Slash are more powerful STAB, but Ice Shard always hits first and Pursuit is for predicted Switches. Use Life Orb over CB if you dislike being Choiced, but the power drop may be dissapointing. Another option is an Adamnat nature with a Choice Scarf for a revenge killer.

or try this as an Anti-Lead:

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Adamant nature
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe
Moves:
-Ice Shard
-Fake Out
-Counter
-Taunt

Fake Out nullifies Sashes. Ice Shard makes sure you're not outsped by the likes of Ninjask and Aerodactyl. Use Counter when you predict your Focus Sash will be used on a potential OHKO. Taunt prevents leads from setting up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024

Sneasel
Jolly
252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 Hp

Milotic
Timid
EVs/Moveset/Item???

Timid is a pretty bad nature for Milotic, but i suggest using it as a choice user if you do.

Milotic@Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
252 sp.att / 252 speed / 6 hp
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Electric
- Hydro Pump / Dragon Pulse / Hypnosis

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
There's also Swords Dance Weavile, but yeah, Scizor kind of owns the crap out of it. Come to think of it, it owns the crap out of any Weavile =/

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
On my Rampardos, will having an odd number of hit points nulllify a Substitute/Berry set by leaving him with Green HP after the third Sub?

EDIT: Also, please don't just call me an idiot for using Rampardos (though I wouldn't mind it if you also answered the damn question). I know that its pathetic speed makes it all but useless. I don't care.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2010
Would Gyarados w/ aqua tail be better then with waterfall?
Life orb & 252 evs in attack and speed

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
On my Rampardos, will having an odd number of hit points nulllify a Substitute/Berry set by leaving him with Green HP after the third Sub?

EDIT: Also, please don't just call me an idiot for using Rampardos (though I wouldn't mind it if you also answered the damn question). I know that its pathetic speed makes it all but useless. I don't care.

I believe you need an even HP stat divisible by 4 to activate your Salac Berry after three subs. A 31 HP IV with 4 EVs will give you 336, which is divisible by 4.

Waterfall is always the superior choice, you don't gain any significant KO's with Aqua Tail, plus you get a cool 20% flinch rate for Waterfall. The 90% accuracy of Aqua Tail can be a real pain if you're about to sweep and it misses. Definitely use Waterfall ;D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2010

STAB Aqua Tail hits harder than x2 Ice Fang while Waterfall doesnt, but like what Aura said , Waterfall is a superior choice for the flinch rate and Aqua Tail's 90 Accuracy is kinda risky ....

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
i Dont Really think this deserved a thread to itself, but on a team of:

Scizor
Darkrai
Ambipom
Aerodactyl
Porygon-Z

im looking for a Bulky defensive poke.

Preferably with a lot of HP and the ability to learn baton pass,Reflect/iron defense and Light screen/Amnesia.

Just looking for suggestions. Once ive finished ill make an RMT but my main principle is not to use your typical overused pokemon. Ok Maybe Scizor is, but he is my favourite, so thats my reason.

also, is:

Dark void
Dark Pulse
Substitute
Dream Eater.

a good set on Darkrai? Its meant kinda for stalling, but i hope to make my last pokemon a staller.

Thanks.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
i Dont Really think this deserved a thread to itself, but on a team of:

Scizor
Darkrai
Ambipom
Aerodactyl
Porygon-Z

im looking for a Bulky defensive poke.

Preferably with a lot of HP and the ability to learn baton pass,Reflect/iron defense and Light screen/Amnesia.

Just looking for suggestions. Once ive finished ill make an RMT but my main principle is not to use your typical overused pokemon. Ok Maybe Scizor is, but he is my favourite, so thats my reason.

also, is:

Dark void
Dark Pulse
Substitute
Dream Eater.

a good set on Darkrai? Its meant kinda for stalling, but i hope to make my last pokemon a staller.

Thanks.

Darkrai is uber and thus banned.

And no Dream Eater is horrible, the foe can just switch. :/ Use Nasty Plot.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
ok now we've established that darkrai is banned, i need to figure out a replacement.

i still need ideas for a :

staller.
Replacement for darkrai( with high spd and spA.)
Thanks

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
Since the gen shift, I'm a bit confused about Scpetile's best new replacement moveset.

From: Leaf Blade, Crunch, Dragon Claw, Thunder Punch(all become obsolete 'cause they're all Physical type attacks). Sweeper moves

To?:

I've been thinking of Detect, Leech Seed and Dragon Pulse. Can you guys suggest of something for my Sceptile?

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Since the gen shift, I'm a bit confused about Scpetile's best new replacement moveset.

From: Leaf Blade, Crunch, Dragon Claw, Thunder Punch(all become obsolete 'cause they're all Physical type attacks). Sweeper moves

To?:

I've been thinking of Detect, Leech Seed and Dragon Pulse. Can you guys suggest of something for my Sceptile?
Subseed works fairly well in UU, you could something like this.

Sceptile @ Leftovers
Nature : Timid
EV : 216 HP / 40 SpA / 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Alternatively a Specs set could work as well.

Back