• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
I always thought you could run a bit of a bulkier set for Bulk Up Gallade, something like 252 HP / 152 Attack / 104 Speed like the double status set so you have a better chance to set up/take hits. But sure, max speed and attack is fine like what D_A posted.

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 16, 2011
I always thought you could run a bit of a bulkier set for Bulk Up Gallade, something like 252 HP / 152 Attack / 104 Speed like the double status set so you have a better chance to set up/take hits. But sure, max speed and attack is fine like what D_A posted.

More HP lets Gallade's 135 Sp Defense come into play. Dual status ability is great but this where the so-called "4-move syndrome" wears him down. Though Will-O-Wisp along with Bulk Up can take away the threat from Physical sweepers because if you run Shadow Sneak/Drain Punch as your two attacking moves, and a priority move to compensate for sub-standard Speed and the fact you ran Will-O-Wisp instead or T-Wave as your status move.

Also who knows any non-Ice Pokes that work good on a Hail team?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Oh. okay. then. But i'm still going to try to find a way to make Xatu usefull! :D
Wish is pretty cool to use in NU, but might not work in UU, and in OU it gets outclassed entirely by Jirachi.

EDit: and i can't find your quote when you tell me about tangrowth :( sorry for my noobness :P
I can't find it either lol (and your question). :<

Oh and on a side note, do y'all think Latias is at risky out being Ubered after the Suspect testing?
If you look at the Suspect votes, it is 76 - 10, that means there is really low chance of it moving to Uber. :P Latias is easily countered by Tyranitar (even Surf doesn't 2HKO unless it holds Specs), Jirachi, Blissey, Metagross, Scizor (resisted hits), etc.

Also you told me before that Roserade is now OU or BL but Smogon still lists it as UU, however TeamUber (another community I'm in) has Roserade listed as OU now.
Iirc Smogon changes the tier list at the end of every month according to usage and then test them to see if the Pokemon who drop down a tier are broken in the tier they're entering (of course, Uber and BL aren't based on usage I think, just ban tiers), etc. So, probably at the end of September we will see Roserade in OU and Rhyperior in UU (and Alakazam next month probably since it is top 50, the borderline number between OU and UU) or BL if it is deemed too strong.

I'm not that for sure on things, since I just learned all this from stalking Smogon lol. :x

Also who knows any non-Ice Pokes that work good on a Hail team?
http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/art_hail_stall

Tentacruel, Rotom Frost, Swampert, Spiritomb, Starmie, Bronzong, etc.

Anti

return of the king
Years
Iirc Smogon changes the tier list at the end of every month according to usage and then test them to see if the Pokemon who drop down a tier are broken in the tier they're entering (of course, Uber and BL aren't based on usage I think, just ban tiers), etc. So, probably at the end of September we will see Roserade in OU and Rhyperior in UU (and Alakazam next month probably since it is top 50, the borderline number between OU and UU) or BL if it is deemed too strong.

I'm pretty sure (like 97%-ish) that it's actually every three months. They do usage statistics every month obviously, but they only change it a few times a year since things would probably be hectic down in UU if they changed it every month. Also, I think it would be hard to run the entire suspect testing process in a month.

So Roserade is still UU on Smogon to the best of my knowledge, to get back to the original question.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
I'm pretty sure (like 97%-ish) that it's actually every three months. They do usage statistics every month obviously, but they only change it a few times a year since things would probably be hectic down in UU if they changed it every month. Also, I think it would be hard to run the entire suspect testing process in a month.

So Roserade is still UU on Smogon to the best of my knowledge, to get back to the original question.

Yea, the usage stats change every 3 months. That means that if Roserade is still in the top 50 at the end of this month, it will be OU (oct/nov/dec).

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Level 67
Likes to thrash about.
Adamant Nature
HP: 208
Atk:271
Sp. Atk: 135
Sp. Def: 157
Speed: 155

[Fire punch] [Earthquake]
[Outrage] [Dragon Dance]

Holding a Yache Berry.

Already has the Effort Ribbon.

For competitive Pokemon, you need to EV train it. Grow EV-reducing berries. Those moves are decent, Fire Punch can deal with Ice-type threats. If your a begginer a simple 252 Attack/252 Speed would work good.

Also what's it's nature? Adamanat or Jolly are prefered.

Here is my favorite competitive site if you need help with
http://www.teamuber.net/

A question of my own:
Run Adamant or Jolly on Choice Band Gallade? (EVs: 252 Attack/252 Speed)
Can anyone list what crucial OKHO's and 2KO's I miss running Jolly instead of Adamant?
And also what Pokemon outspeed me using Adamant that I would have outsped using Jolly?

Last edited:

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
Years
I'm in need of some lead movesets for Quiet Azelf, Timid Mesprit, and Hasty Uxie. I think my best choice would be to use Timid Mesprit. But what about their movesets?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I'm in need of some lead movesets for Quiet Azelf (lowering Azelf's Speed is the last thing you want to do, so this isn't useful to be honest), Timid Mesprit, and Hasty Uxie (lowering Uxie's best stats is a bit poor). I think my best choice would be to use Timid Mesprit. But what about their movesets?
Now for Mesprit, that would be usable: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/mesprit. Really depends on what your team needs, most of the time Mesprit uses Timid Nature, so your options are broad.

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
Years
My team's in my sig and I was hoping to get Blissey out of there since I only use her for the Battle Frontier. In exchange I'd like to use Mesprit to start off a battle. Unfortunately, I'm not so good at picking movesets.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
For competitive Pokemon, you need to EV train it. Grow EV-reducing berries. Those moves are decent, Fire Punch can deal with Ice-type threats. If your a begginer a simple 252 Attack/252 Speed would work good.

Also what's it's nature? Adamanat or Jolly are prefered.

Here is my favorite competitive site if you need help with
http://www.teamuber.net/

A question of my own:
Run Adamant or Jolly on Choice Band Gallade? (EVs: 252 Attack/252 Speed)
Can anyone list what crucial OKHO's and 2KO's I miss running Jolly instead of Adamant?
And also what Pokemon outspeed me using Adamant that I would have outsped using Jolly?
I would run Jolly personally, I don't really think you'll miss out some crucial KO's and some Pokemon.

Here's a list of some Pokemon that'll outspeed you if you run Adamant.

• Naive Heatran (77)
  • Adamant Lucario (90)
  • Jolly Mamoswine (80)
  • Adamant Heracross (85)
  • Modest Porygon-Z (90)
  • Modest Rotom-A (86)
  • Classic MixMence 176 Spe EV's (100)
I don't think you miss any crucial KO's. You can still beat down most of the physical walls in OU if you predict right like you can always 2HKO Skarmory with CC, Celebi with X-Scissor(if you run it) and 2HKO Forrey with CC as well.

TheWannabe

I Wannabe A PRO!
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
how does this gallade sound guys confuse ray,thunder wave,shadow sneak,close combat idk its evs yet maybe you guys can help me out with that

Years
Hi guys!

I'm having trouble EV training my Jolly Furret.

I equiped it with a Macho Brace, which doubles EV points.

And I know 4 EV points = 1 stat point to that specific stat.

So I battled 8 Machop in a row before leveling up.

if you didn't know, i should of goten 16 EV points, making the stat points for my attack stat at least +4 since Machop give 1 ATK point times 2 thanks to my Macho Brace.

But for some reason, I only got 2 ATK stat points.

What did i do wrong?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
My team's in my sig and I was hoping to get Blissey out of there since I only use her for the Battle Frontier. In exchange I'd like to use Mesprit to start off a battle. Unfortunately, I'm not so good at picking movesets.
TrickScarf strategy is pretty cool to lead with in the BF. Something like Trick / Psychic / 2 support moves. But, you should ask this in the Battle Frontier thread.

Hi guys!

if you didn't know, i should of goten 16 EV points, making the stat points for my attack stat at least +4 since Machop give 1 ATK point times 2 thanks to my Macho Brace.

What did i do wrong?
I don't know sadly.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Hi guys!

What did i do wrong?

Actually, nothing. At lower levels, the stat gains are less noticeable when it comes to EV training. When brought to a higher level, the stats gained from EV Training when leveling up is much more noticeable, so don't worry about it :D

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
how does this gallade sound guys confuse ray,thunder wave,shadow sneak,close combat idk its evs yet maybe you guys can help me out with that
Hmm...you can probably just run the Double Status since WoW >> Confuse Ray since it'll help patch up Gallade's shabby Def stat.

Gallade @ Leftovers
Nature : Adamant
EV : 252 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Spe
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave / Hypnosis
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge / Night Slash

So, what ur saying is, its better to do EV training at a higher level, than i get more ev points?
You'll see the changes eventually when you're Lv 100, it's usually best to do it early in my opinion.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
So, what ur saying is, its better to do EV training at a higher level, than i get more ev points?
No, because it will be more accurate when you battle on Wi-Fi with Furret because it will be at level 100. You still get the same amount of EVs no matter what level you're at.

TheWannabe

I Wannabe A PRO!
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
gallade with confuse ray thunder wave close combat and shadow sneak and someone help me with evs?

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
@Wolf: I don't plan on using my current team + Mesprit in the BF. I have a separate team for that. I plan on using it for competitive battling.
Well in that case you could probably try the CM set or maybe the Specs set if you like. These sets work better in UU tbh, OU has better Specs users. Pick the set your team needs, immediate power or a setup sweeper.

Mesprit @ Choice Specs
Nature : Timid
EV : 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball / Trick

EV's beat base 85's, probably the most speed you need to run.

Mesprit @ Leftovers
Nature : Timid
EV : 56 HP / 252 SpAtk / 200 Spe
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Back