• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Specs Sceptile is very good. Its ridiculously powerful in UU, even capable of 2hkoing the moster sp.sponge Chansey with Rocks up with Focus Blast.

Sceptile@Choice Specs
252 SP.ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 DEF
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Not alot beats this. Leaf Storm for early game and Energy Ball for late, Focus Blast hits steels and Dragon Pulse for Altaria and its awesome neutral coverage.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
Focus Blast? I've been doubting it, not so good Acc and 5 pp. I'll try it.

How about Grass Knot? And I forgot, the nature's Mild.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years

How about Grass Knot? And I forgot, the nature's Mild.

Timid is preferred so you're faster than almost everything in UU. Since you're using Choice Specs, you don't really need a Special Attack boosting nature. Plus it doesn't lower one of your defenses. ;D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2010

if you're worried about Focus Blast's Accuracy , you might need to use Hidden Power Fighting Over it , but you will miss the 2HKO on chansey =/.

Painter

BEWARE THE LETTUCE CHILDREN!
Years
i want to try out a MixMence but i want to be original so how does this look
Salamence @ Life Orb
Mild
85atk/178spatk/252spe
Hydro Pump
Fire Blast
Brick Break
Outrage/Draco Meteor
any help guys

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
i want to try out a MixMence but i want to be original so how does this look
Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive / Rash
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
Earthquake / Roost / Outrage
Fire Blast / Flamethrower
Brick Break / Earthquake
Draco Meteor
any help guys
Fixed. Earthquake hits Heatran, etc and gives you unresisted coverage with Draco Meteor and Fire Blast. Roost is pretty cool to heal SR, LO recoil, SS, etc damage away, but sometimes it's hard to find time to use it. Outrage can serve as a useful way of late game sweeping once Steel-types are eliminated. You can use Earthquake > Brick Break if you aren't planning to break stall with this. EVs allow you to at least speed tie with other MixMence, and you 2HKO max HP / Def Bold Blissey with SR up ~97% of the time. Mild is an awful Nature, it limits Salamence when switching into physical threats with Intimidate. Naive or Rash is much better, depending on what your team needs.

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
Years
I'm wondering if this is a good set for Mamoswine.

Mamoswine @ CB
Jolly
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Snow Cloak
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Shard
~ Stone Edge
~ Ice Fang / Superpower

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016

Mamoswine @ CB
Jolly
Snow Cloak
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Shard
~ Stone Edge
~ Ice Fang / Superpower
That set is fine, though personally I run LO to switch between moves and not get locked into say EQ and have something setup on it.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years

Mamoswine @ CB
Jolly
Snow Cloak
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Shard
~ Stone Edge
~ Ice Fang / Superpower

Dammit Pokedra :<

Adamant is also an option if you want a little more power.

Alright thanks! Would Ancientpower be a good alternative to Stone Edge since it has better accuracy and the possible stat boost?

Anceint power is a special attack, and Mamo's special attack stat is abysmal. Stick with Stone Edge.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Alright thanks! Would Ancientpower be a good alternative to Stone Edge since it has better accuracy and the possible stat boost?

No because Stone Edge is a physical move, Ancientpower is Special, and the huge power loss isn't worth it. Stone Edge will always be the best, as it also has a high critical hit rate.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Okay, sweet, thanks. I'm guessing that Adamant nature would be better since Mamoswine is already slow and a boost in speed wouldn't do much?
You're outrun by Adamant Lucario (who really uses ES once an SD is set up), Timid Heatran (big threat in my opinion), Offensive Suicune (you have no reason to stay in on this anyway), and Adamant Gyarados (big threat). You only lose ~4% for damage when using Jolly instead of Adamant, so you won't loss any significant damage.

Jasonpower

Super Nerd
Years
I don't know what is a good move set for my Dragonite.
im using it for my story game not competitive so please help me out

Move set:
Outrage
superpower/hyper beam
thunder/thunderpunch
and dragon dance or surf

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
I don't know what is a good move set for my Dragonite.
im using it for my story game not competitive so please help me out

Move set:
Outrage
superpower/hyper beam
thunder/thunderpunch
and dragon dance or surf

In game doesn't really matter, so whatever you use will be totally fine. Superpower and ThunderPunch will be better if you're running a Dragon Dance set :D

Back