• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 16, 2011
I had this idea for a Lucario sweeper

Lucario @ Life Orb
Modest nature
EVs: 4 HP/252 Sp Atk/252 Spd
Moves:
-Calm Mind
-Aura Sphere / Focus Blast / Wacuum Wave
-Flash Cannon
-Psychic

I suppose Shadow Ball is another option instead of Flash Cannon but you loose STAB.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Use Shadow Ball > Flash Cannon, you get more coverage and you really only need one STAB. Especially when Fighting + Ghost hits everything in the game for at least neutral. Psychic isn't the best of coverage, so maybe Close Combat to kill off Blissey (Lucario does 2HKO Blissey with Aura Sphere, but it can paralysis you after the first hit).

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Why do you nee Psychic though ? Unstab psychic is terrible. Flash Cannon also provides redundant coverage.

Lucario also needs Vacuum Wave or junk like scarf tran and what not are gonna stop your sweep.

Try Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball/Vacuum Wave/Calm Mind

Aura Sphere + Shadow Ball hits everything in the game for at least neutral and generally hits more threats to Lucario (Rotoms, Latias etc) so is generally better.

Heck Sub/Calm Mind/S-Ball/Aura Sphere works too.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Focus Blast may work on Special Luke. After 2 Calm Mind's it can 2KO Blissey, but with poor accuracy.

Here are good options for movesets:
-Calm Mind
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball
- Close Combat / Wacuum Wave

Shadow Ball + Fighting move is for coverage. CC is for Blissey or Wacuum Wave for ScarfTran.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Focus Blast may work on Special Luke. After 2 Calm Mind's it can 2KO Blissey, but with poor accuracy.
+1 Timid LO Aura Sphere 2HKOs max SpD Calm Blissey: 493 Atk vs 405 Def & 651 HP (90 Base Power): 308 - 366 (47.31% - 56.22%). Just need Stealth Rock up, and it is guaranteed to KO even with Leftovers. So yeah, Aura Sphere > Focus Blast.

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 16, 2011
any one have a aipom move set?

Use Ambipom.

Ambipom @ Choice Band/Life Orb
Technician ability
EVs: 4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
-U Turn
-Fake Out
-Low Kick
-Payback

Or try an Anti-Lead set and run Fake Out and maybe PayBackSash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
no i want a aipom i hate ambipom so any one got a move set?

any one have a aipom moveset
Ambipom is much, much better competitively. It has better stats in everything and has a much wider movepool. Any set Aipom has can be done twice as well by Ambipom. You could try it as a Rain Dance lead in NU but to be honest it would still suck.

Aipom @ Focus Sash
Nature : Jolly
EV : 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Taunt
- Fake Out
- Rain Dance
- U-Turn

There are many way better leads that do this even in NU, Aipom honestly has no competitive value. Sorry

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I've got this Sunny Day team with me on Shoddy, with a Rapidash, but I'm looking to replace with Moltres, because of defensive values etc.

Anyone got a good Sunny Moltres moveset I could use?
Thanks in advance.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
Years
I've got this Sunny Day team with me on Shoddy, with a Rapidash, but I'm looking to replace with Moltres, because of defensive values etc.

Thanks in advance.

It should have Morning Sun at least. And a Fire-type attack of course. (Flamethrower, I think.) Don't know about the rest, though.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years

Thanks in advance.

Moltres @ Heat Rock / Life Orb
Modest
4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- HP Fighting / HP Ice / Will o Wisp

If you're using this on a Sunny Day team and you need more sun support, then Heat Rock is a good choice. Make sure you have a spinner on your team as well, since Moltres fails to Stealth Rock =(

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Would it be stupid to put a Focus Sash on a Lead Tyranitar?

Nope, that's totally viable. It depends on what you'd rather have him do. Lum Berry lets you deal with sleeper leads, but if you're not worried about that, Focus Sash lets you use Counter pretty effectively and lets you deal with other suicide leads.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
I forgot that I was using a Sub set. D: But thanks anyway. Here's another T-Tar related question, though. If I want him to be able to take a hit, Sub, and then SR, how low should his Speed be?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I need a moveset for Lead Aerodactyl and Gliscor using Stealth Rock. I'm trying to find a good Stealth Rock user. Any help would be appreciated :)

Aerodactly@Focus Sash **Ilead
252 att / 252 speed / 6 def
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Gliscor@Leftovers
252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Impish Nature
Trait : Sand Veil
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Fang / Stone Edge / Aerial Ace

Last slot is up to you, Stone Edge hits mence and Gyara switch ins, AA hits fighters and Fire Fang is probably the best move as it hits Scizor, Breloom and Heracross still.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Metagross is very reliable, and can be used later in a battle, which is key in today's metagame.

Metagross@Occa/Lum Berry (With Sleep leads becoming more prominent, Lum is very useful)
Clear Body
Adamant Nature
252 HP/236 Atk/12 Def/8 Spe

• Stealth Rock
  • Meteor Mash/Earthquake
  • Bullet Punch
  • Explosion
Standard set is standard. SR for obvious purposed. The second slot, and also your item to an extent, depend on the choice. MM is a powerful STAB, but EQ hits all the fire types that will nail you (Which makes you want to use the Occa Berry). Bullet Punch takes out Focus Sashers, and Explosion is just when you're done. You can always ditch Bullet Punch and run EQ and MM.

Back