• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

There is room for you on the bandwagon!

Years

Do you tend to jump on bandwagons or do you do what you want?

There are many 'bandwagons' in the world, social media, sports, films, games, even drugs.
So I ask you, do you tend to jump on the bandwagons?
Do you just go along with it, make people happy or do you do what you want to do, regardless of what other people think?

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2011
I do not follow trends, unless they seem interesting. I do what I want and sometimes people join me, or they don't. Conforming to stupid ups and downs is what makes pop culture so repugnant.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
We-ell... I jump on the bandwagon if it's something I feel like doing, never really just because everyone else is doing it. Or maybe I think "well, everyone is doing it, may as well give it a go." But never just to follow the crowd or fit in, it's always just what pleases me at the time. And of course in accordance with my own values- I'm not gonna start doing drugs or shooting people even if it's the new trend.

Althea

[For Sale]
Years
I tend to set fire to the bandwagon, rather than jump on it. I find trends to be quite irritating, because people never stop talking about them, and I don't really find trends to be the least bit interesting. Exceptions to this are extremely rare, and I just do my own thing.

=(^.^)=

Rawrr♥ PC's Snugglemonster
Years
I pretty much do what I like. Other peoples' opinions don't really affect anything I do or like. Sure, I can be kinda timid sometimes, and crave approval from others due to lack of self-confidence, but that's never enough to make me jump on some bandwagon that I don't like. If I like something, I like it. If I don't, I don't. Other people liking it or not makes no difference to me :3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I jump on the bandwagon only when I find its subject matter interesting. Most of the time, I go off and do my own thing.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Mehwagons.

It's a bit too off-the-course for me. I prefer going by the way I like, than follow a trend which makes others look more 'in'. That's probably what makes me less popular, though.

Melody

Banned
Years
I don't jump on bandwagons. I hate bandwagons. By the time I'm done hating on it it's already passed.

The few times I do "join in" it's extremely late, when it's much less a trend and more evolved from that.

Years
I'm usually too slow to catch something when it really starts to blow up and once a big following is established for something I find it hard to get into it because there's already so much established fandom that it's hard to keep up with it all and interact with other fans since I'm usually just a casual fan of something. And yeah, also a little because I don't want to be labeled as jumping on the bandwagon.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I don't jump on any sort of bang wagon regardless of what it is related too. Plenty of people like think Ke$ha is awesome but I'm just like she sounds like she is singing while holding her noise. There are a good deal of people that go crazy over COD and Halo, too me I'm like "Glad you like those games, but I don't see the appeal in them." Well I guess I retract that, when it comes to sports I root for the underdog from time to time like the Red Sox back in 04 trying to break the Curse, or George Manson and VCU when they were in the Final 4. I was never a fan of social media anyways so I don't see me being swayed a the newest forms of it. And drugs lol yeah I want to ruin my life so I can be "cool" right... I think I will pass on this there are no benefits to taking drugs nor to I see the appeal in it.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
In my school, I was among the first few people to set up a facebook account. Apart from a few people who I didn't even know were on it, I was one of first on twitter as well. Outside of those two, I manage to stay quite a distance from the bandwagon. I have a special hatred for all the FPS games that seem to be gripping the wallets of many guys I know. The popular music scene isn't my cup of tea for the most part, but there are a few VERY mainstream artists that I quite like. But that is less me jumping on a bandwagon than me just getting into something I find interesting.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Bandwagons? Only when it interests me. I don't hop on something just because it's the "next big thing." In fact, I consider myself to be pretty much out of the loop most of the time. Basically I pretty much do my own thing, which occasionally also coincides with the latest trends, but most of the time it doesn't.

And please ignore the fact I have the "Bandwagon" PC emblem; that was for a theme collaboration that I did indeed find interesting. I don't jump on bandwagons in general.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I jump on.. smaller bandwagons. XD Like, if there's a theme collab going on, and its gonna have a certain number of people then I join if I like the series enough. Trends though.. eh. Sometimes its fun to get into something that's a trend because I know there's gonna be plenty to talk about it with, if I do end up liking it. But I wouldn't ever like something or join something JUST because its popular.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Well... I guess it depends. Sometimes I do just jump on the bandwagon just to do so but as long as it isn't anything too serious I won't mind doing so.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Eh, I will jump on the bandwagon if it is something I already like, but if it isn't, I tend to ignore it. Like, if a band suddenly got real popular, and I like them , either before they got popular or after, I will go, say, change my theme to them because they seem to be popular at that moment. If I don't like something, I may give it a shot to see if I like it, but I don't force myself to like something just because everyone else does. XD

Oh, and, sometimes, the bandwagon will like, "break down", so to speak, and everybody else abandons it for a new bandwagon, and I will be all "But I still like this bandwagon, where is everyone going?" And I will stay behind and care for the bandwagon and try to fix it up, maybe get it new tires, and some comfy seats, and clean it up, and get one of those air freshener tree things for the rear view mirror for it, and maybe install a radio, and...

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
Edit: Oh my @-@ I accidentally posted in the wrong topic. Eep.

No, I don't jump on the bandwagon ^-^ I screw the rules and make my own. You people listen to pop, I listen to heavy rock and frilly techno. You people like "insert book title" here and I despise it :D I never like what's mainstream anyways. I prefer finding my own gems.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
The bandwagons I tend to jump on are things that don't really appeal to my real-life friends, so whenever I introduce things to them (like, say, the TV series Community), they think it's shiny and new and I'm starting a bandwagon. So, I do tend to follow them, but they're mostly started on the internet, and I won't follow them just because they're popular. I'll form my own opinion and then choose to follow them of my own free will and whatnot.

Back