• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could choose any pokemon to start with...

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
  • Gee, starting off with a legendary Pokemon, how fair.

I'd like to start with a Hitmonchan, but if evolutions are out of the question, then a Heracross. See, no evolutions :D.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • lol... I don't think it works that way Iveechan ^_^; Starters seem to have to have a total of 3 different stage of evolution. And so in terms of fighting type, there's just Machop and only Machop for you ;p

Not much choice for me too... Spheal o.o;
    I really like the whole Spheal family... except for Walrein because it evolves from a beloved seal to a freaky walrus (I hate walrus in real life too, and I love seal in real life...). Too bad no Chinchou, no Wooper, no Seel to choose o.o;

Aedan

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • If it didnt have to have 3 evolutions, i would choose Meowth...

Otherwise, an Eevee would be great..

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
    Years
  • BULBASAUR RULES! eh hem. And not just for its attacks, its just plain out the cutest, smartest, toughest, coolest, pokemon! If i lived in *Any city* i'd move to Pallet, just to get Bulbasaur.
    But, otherwise. Hm, I've always wanted bulbasaur! lol. And the starters aren't always three-evolution pokemon. Misty started out with a staryu, and Brock an Onix. I think misty started off with staryu. Either Staryu or Goldeen, I've always assumed a staryu that evolved into Starmie. Hm, intesting! lol- off topic. Oh, Erika started off with a Gloom. And Max almost started with slakoth. Wait, does that have three evolutions? I think so. Hm.
    There were those ones that started off with Nidorans (male and female). Thats all I can think of right now. Well, I'd start off with Bulbasaur. Other then that, I would literally accept ANY pokemon! I'd even imagined how I could love a goldeen if it was a pokemon i'd gotten. All pokemon would be nice! (all as in any, but all of them is okay to)

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • If we had to follow the three-evolution rule, I'd probably have to chose Larvitar or Dratini...if not, I would choose something like Dunsparce, Chimecho, or Murkrow...neglected stuff rules :P

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
    Years
  • Hmmmmm... *Goes off into my Pokemon daydream world* I'd love to start off with a very young Absol , a Togepi or a Eevee ^__^ They'd fit me fine !

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
    Years
  • Zapdos? Absol? How fair. :P

Well if it were upto me I'd start out with a Altaria and if I could pick a legendary I'd pick Jirachi, ^^ but that's not really fair either.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    I, myself, would definetely pick a dratini, hands down. It's final evolution, Dragonite, has been my favorite pokemon since I can remember, can you tell? It's just so graceful, gallant, and not bad of a pokemon all together. It has some decent stats, and a nice, all around movepool, enough for me anyways. I'm not hardcore player or netbattler, but I think Dragonite would be an awesome pokemon to have :P

~DragonTrainer
    :dragonite

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    There?s Poliwrath and Blaziken, even though their respective original forms aren?t fighting. ^_^;;

Oh well, I?d take Pichuu I guess. It?s my favorite Pok?mon, even if its last evolution can?t do much at all. -.-;

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I like Raichu! It's so cute. ^_^; Anyways...

I would definately start out with a Pichu. I don't care about its stats or anything, lol. I want a Pikachu so much, and starting out with its super-cute pre-evolved form would not be a bad idea. Whoever created Pikachu is a genius, in my opinion. It's just the most adorable thing ever, and if you disagree, then I'll come hunt you down and attack you!

Not really, but don't say it, just incase. >_>

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Call me strange but I just find Quagsire to be so much cuter than Raichu o.o; (Pichu and Pikachu...? Umm... just as cute ;p)

Now if I can bend the rule... then I'll either take one of the following: Wooper, Seel, Chikorita, Chinchou, Lapras... la di la di la~~

Actually... I can use Horsea as well ^-^

*dream team of favorites: Articuno, Lapras, Quagsire, Dewgong, Lanturn, Kingdra*
    *winning rate for dream team: 2:50, as there are times where those sheer colds will be lucky and work out in my favor XD;*

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    It?s cute, but it just can?t cut it without some luck or maybe against other UUs? HP water isn?t the same as Surf I?m afraid. Oh well.
    This post was aimed at Kayleigh. o.o;

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • the last time I've seen a Raichu definitely surprised me... it went physical... o.o; It subbed on my switch and then focus punched next turn x_x; (Poor poor Zangoose!)

Raichu is just lacking speed and special attack compare to Jolteon, who has a better ability too (not to mention baton passing skill)

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    frostweaver said:
    Call me strange but I just find Quagsire to be so much cuter than Raichu o.o; (Pichu and Pikachu...? Umm... just as cute ;p)
    I'm glad you think so, lol. And Chikorita is just as cute! It's one of my favorites. I love the design; its color, the little leaf, its feet, it big, adorable eyes, everything!

Kairi said:
    It?s cute, but it just can?t cut it without some luck or maybe against other UUs? HP water isn?t the same as Surf I?m afraid. Oh well.
    This post was aimed at Kayleigh.
    Ooh, well, good point. Pikachu didn't seem to be very... good on Colloseum, in my opinion. (Since we're talking about this stuff.) Either that, or I'm just a bad Trainer. o_o; I couldn't even get one hit on the Easy level. The other Pok?mon always KO'd it first. But, all three of those evolutions [Pichu, Pikachu, and Raichu] are still cute. They would be nice for little companions, maybe not so much for fighting, but just to have as a little pet, kind of how Togepi is to Misty. I would love to have a little baby one! ^_^

Back