• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I tried and tried to rng last gen, but with no one in real life to teach me, it was to overwhelming. Being older and from a hick town that didn't really have computer classes until I was ready to graduate hurt me on the computer knowledge front, XD.

You know there is a tutoring program for RNGing, right? RNGing is pretty easy once you get used to it.... The hard part for me was getting over all the lingo. Understanding what was meant by a seed for example confused me at first. There are also YouTube videos that show it step by step pretty well.

Oh... If you have access to Pokemon Emerald, RNGing in Gen III for at least wild encounters is pretty easy.... the trouble is finding decent spreads. What makes Emerald so easy is there is no clock to reset each time, it is a soft reset of the game and trying all over again.(other Gen III games are not worth the trouble to RNG on.... it worked different).

Gen IV was difficult because you had two timers to worry about. But once you get used to it, it becomes like second nature.

Gen V was a bit easier because for MOST RNG projects you only need to be accurate to the second.

It all takes patience if you really want to, I am sure you can learn it.

Years
Ah I did not know there was a tutoring program. Awesome!
I just used to have several people over the Internet trying to help and that's just nuts to me.
It's sucks being one of those hands on learners that learns by watching examples and asking loads of questions and then playing around with it myself.

That's actually how I have succeeded in my job as a 2d c.a.d. program user with having no college behind me. Who says you gotta go to college to get a good job. XD

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
The tutor program is largely a failure due to no one signing up and our tutors mostly disappearing. :( Join #tradecorner and see if someone will help you there, too~

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
The tutor program is largely a failure due to no one signing up and our tutors mostly disappearing. :( Join #tradecorner and see if someone will help you there, too~

Yeah, there are still a few of us around who in #tradecorner who can help with most RNG things you would need to know! :D

/me still asks Mac for help cause i'm noob.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I just can't say I can always help, but I can help when I'm around. That's why I never really signed up as a mentor for it.

Years
(From Wikipedia)

A random number generator (RNG) is a computational or physical device designed to generate a sequence of numbers or symbols that lack any pattern, i.e. appear random.

Spoiler:

So there you go, EV, some RNG for you.

Last edited:
Years
Number of participants entering has died down the last couple days, though.

I might (probably will) do another one like this soon with more shinies.

Years
Several of us should get together and have a friendly contest to see who can get the most participants in a giveaway.
Something to break up the monotony of the days and also benefit several other members of the community.
Thinking about it, that could stir up some "business" for the trade corner as well ;)
Just a random thought.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I read number and quit. If anyone needs me I'll be drowning in homework and trying not to die. Or just hatching yet even more eggs

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
That's cake on my face. I thought at first we were talking about a computer program, XD.

Sorry. Did not mean to confuse you. I also did not realize the tutoring was allowed to fall flat.

here is one youtube video I just found for RNGing in last generation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEGeZ2ZE-V8
I watched about half of it, and it seems to be a really good step by step, and you should be able to just follow along on your own 3DS, and do the same steps in the video to try it out.

Years
@EV: The shiny charm hasn't been friendly to me yet either. 8( Taking a break from MMing to do other things, maybe sweet scent for horde shinies because it's more fun. Too bad the IVs are more risky that way, waa.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
@EV: The shiny charm hasn't been friendly to me yet either. 8( Taking a break from MMing to do other things, maybe sweet scent for horde shinies because it's more fun. Too bad the IVs are more risky that way, waa.

Hmmm.... while I don't seriously MM or shiny hunt like others do, this has me thinking that on my X I should stop at the Kalos Dex and not bother with the National Dex.

Years
Woot! Just caught a shiny male friend safari espurr.
Third encounter of the day and it was a shiny
2rgi83l.jpg

Imma just sneak this one in here from today too...
1217lau.jpg

Last edited:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Because this thread is pretty uneventful at night on my breaks I have started looking into other sections of the forums. I have discovered a thread where you can post pictures of yourself. I will be posting a picture of myself soon so that anybody here in my favorite community on PC can see what I look like.

If you ever wondered what the guy behind the Premier Ball looks like the tome is coming!! I will post a link to the thread here when I finally post it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
@lunis nice shinies there! Hope you get more in the future :D

@iAzire Remind not to look when you do :P jk, bet you look adorable just like everyone else does here <3

Just wanted to say....
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back