• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the stupidest thing you've ever seen someone get offended by? 8)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • So there's this story arc in Naruto called pain arc. Also called pein arc. And I pointed out to a friend that peins and penis are anagrams. He went berserk and started yelling 'dont diss naruto, you hater! Pain arc was awesome. Screw you!'

i was taken aback.

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
    Years
  • Im an atheist, and I don't mind someone saying, your in my prayers and things of that nature, but I have another atheist friend who got OFFENDED when he sneezed and someone said "God Bless." He went on a rank about how we should take god out of our every day speaking, and over all it was a funny/disappointing thing to hear.

Outlier

So there's this story arc in Naruto called pain arc. Also called pein arc. And I pointed out to a friend that peins and penis are anagrams. He went berserk and started yelling 'dont diss naruto, you hater! Pain arc was awesome. Screw you!'

i was taken aback.

Sounds like most of the Naruto fans I encounter to be honest. {XD}

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I had to tell him I was just making an observation and actually loved the arc myself lol. Well, most of my friends aren't like that, thankfully.

Years
  • I saw someone get offended over another person calling the Mario 1-up a "free life." He claimed it should never be called that and to stick with 1-up. It truly made me worry about him. :(

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
  • There is this guy in my parallel class who goes mad over anyone who possesses milk or cheese or such products, because he is lactose intolerant (and maybe a bit paranoid) and he thinks that everyone wants to make him totally jealous because they can consume lactose-containing things and he can't whereas that is nobody's intention

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My grandmother likes to drink water extremely hot. If you give her water that's not hot enough, she'd get pretty upset with you and make a big deal out of it. Haha.

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
    Years
  • ALL of the "Beliebers" whenever I say that the little brat should be in jail for drag racing and held accountable for his actions.

I will never understand how so many people can become so completely rabid when anyone demands someone be held accountable for their actions. I mean, seriously? The little punk isn't even a US citizen, and should have been deported a long time ago. Let Canada have their village idiot back.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I have a perfect story for this thread that just happened a few hours ago!

In work earlier tonight, I was standing at the top of the stairs leading to my office in wait because I recognized a voice from downstairs. The voice belonged to a customer who comes shopping every night with his wife. The wife is friendly and awesome and I like talking to her, but the husband is a major pain in everyone's butt. So I was just hiding upstairs, enjoying my drink, and listening to his story about their dinner that they just came from.

The man didn't tip a server because the server only brought them two bread sticks.

He ranted and raved about his lack of bread sticks for twenty minutes. He absolutely hated that server for not bringing him three more bread sticks, and then this man blamed his wife for eating all the bread sticks. Ugh.

Actually, a lot of the customers in my store are easily offended. If one customer brushes up against another, there's usually a string of swears screamed through the entire store as the two customers get into a fight. Or some customers want to ban children under the age of 18 and their parents from ever entering the store.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
  • There's not very many things that I, myself, get offended at. I've got a 'whatever' attitude, but there's a few things you can say to me that I will get offended at.

Here's something that happened recently, which was really stupid for someone to get offended at:

Ok so my brother is friends with this guy, and this guy came to visit my family one day, and he left and accidentally left his earphones and sunglasses behind. He was texting my brother saying things like 'bring my earphones to church on Sunday' (we go to different churches, so it was pretty much a 'drop them off' kind of thing). Anyway, my brother was getting seriously angry because this guy wouldn't ask him, and instead would tell him. I mean, you take 10 minutes to look at this guy and you can tell he doesn't like people, so I'd assume he doesn't really text/talk to many people either.) So yeah, my brother got all high and mighty and stopped answering this guy's texts, and was all like 'He can't tell me what to do!'

This generally annoyed me, because my brother was overreacting to a stupid little thing, instead of dropping the earphones off at his place while we were in town or something.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • I remember a story, when i was a rookie, i wanted to ask a question to Giradialka, regarding my hack and due to my slow internet i accidently spammed in his profile, and he was very angry, i still get a laugh when i remember that, wonder if he's still angry with me.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I have a perfect story for this thread that just happened a few hours ago!

In work earlier tonight, I was standing at the top of the stairs leading to my office in wait because I recognized a voice from downstairs. The voice belonged to a customer who comes shopping every night with his wife. The wife is friendly and awesome and I like talking to her, but the husband is a major pain in everyone's butt. So I was just hiding upstairs, enjoying my drink, and listening to his story about their dinner that they just came from.

The man didn't tip a server because the server only brought them two bread sticks.

He ranted and raved about his lack of bread sticks for twenty minutes. He absolutely hated that server for not bringing him three more bread sticks, and then this man blamed his wife for eating all the bread sticks. Ugh.

Actually, a lot of the customers in my store are easily offended. If one customer brushes up against another, there's usually a string of swears screamed through the entire store as the two customers get into a fight. Or some customers want to ban children under the age of 18 and their parents from ever entering the store.

This is America at its best, folks. Absolutely pathetic.

One of the things that piss me off is when people get all offended when I try to help them or shoot advice their way. I'm literally giving them a free ticket to the end of the maze and they throw their hand up like "Nu-uh, I'm gon do dis mySELF" and go in and royally screw themselves over. The good part is I get to look at them and say "what did I tell you" while they pout in their chair.

Years
  • The closest I can get to the most simple thing someone gets offended by is my mother. She gets offended whenever someone disagrees with anything she does, including challenging opinions of hers, and even doing something she disapproves of.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
  • The closest I can get to the most simple thing someone gets offended by is my mother. She gets offended whenever someone disagrees with anything she does, including challenging opinions of hers, and even doing something she disapproves of.

My Mum does this too. It gets rather annoying.

One example is: if either I or my siblings even suggest that she may be doing something wrong, she gets so offended. For example, we may say 'you're always on your computer or phone' (which is perfectly true), she will get all offended and reply 'No.. I'm.. Not!'

It seems like we can't disagree with her on anything without here getting offended.

Togfan

Decently-behaving Anime Girl
    Years
  • I had a very nice yuri picture on an about me page on some forum (basically just two girls staring at each other, blushing (it was cute okay :c)) which got removed and left me infracted because yea, it's "offensive"

There's one thing to be offended by lesbians, then there's being offended by something resembling lesbian intimacy

Back