• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which new pokemon did you hate the most?

Jack

ego
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2020
im surprised no one is irritated by the fact that a pokemon was based off a keychain of keys..

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 12, 2014
Strepoli and Ottaro (Are they written right?). I know they are actually from Black and White, but I did not play those two so actually they were new for me. :-D

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Diggersby and Binacle. Bunnelby was so adorable! Why can't be have nice things? :(

Binacle is just plane ugly and unnecessary.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I really wasn't all that disappointed by the new pokemon this time around.

Binacle is stupid, but it's evolution is okay. Honedge, Swirlix, and Klefki are all examples of pokemon based off of inanimate objects which I disliked at first, but I've come to accept them. :) There are certain evolutions which I was disappointed by Aromatisse no longer looking like a bird, Malamar having legs, Florges being much larger than "the smallest pokemon", and Diggersby being ugly. However, I wouldn't say that I hate them, because I understand the direction the designer's were going with them.

...compared to some Gen 4-5 pokemon which I still despite to this day. >_>

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
Years
Klefki, Honedge(Duoblade & Aegislash), Binacle(and Barbaracle). I don't see how they can be Pokémon.

Klefki is a bunch of keys. Honedge is a sword and Binacle is like a pair of mole's arms with eyes on them stuck in a rock.

Kotetsu

バンパイア
Years
Klefki. Without a doubt Klefki. I just dislike everything about it. A pair of keys, really? :p

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Not sure why the inanimate object Pokemon always get so much hate....

Years

Because they are inanimate objects, there's been a pretty long track record of them getting hated. But I actually like the "inanimate objects" we got this generation. Klefki and Aegislash are actually now among my fave Steel-types.

Cheychu

Giggly Gengar
Years
  • Age 30
  • NC
  • Seen Jun 26, 2015
I'd have to say Honedge....even though i like the pun
heh
Honedge
on edge
hehe..eheh..heh...hhheh.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
I honestly didn't find much of this generations Pokemon appealing. But I do love this set other then 5th generations.
But the bacon winner here is of course:

250px-689Barbaracle.png

Years
Negativity is lame, so I'm going to pretend you asked which I like the most. Lots of cool new Pokémon in this generation, but I'm going to go with Meowstic and Pangoro. Thought they were pretty cool when I found them as Espurr and Pancham, and together they pretty much destroyed Team Flare by themselves.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 27, 2022
There really weren't many I disliked this gen.. None of their designs really won me over, but I didn't hate them, either.
Klefki was definitely a silly design, but I just didn't much care for it. Same goes for Diggersby and Honedge - they're none too appealing, but I don't hate them, I just actively avoided them.

Am I the only one that thought Barbaracle looked kinda cool? I kept him around when I found it, he was neat-looking and super handy to have around.

Pillodox

Ruff
Years
Diancie, Carbink, Klefiki, Floette, Florges, Spritzee, Aromatisse, Swirlix, Slurpuff, Deddene, Sylveon and Xerneas.

I also disapprove the changes to Clefa, Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Marril, Azumaril and most of all, Granbull.

Years

I think people deem them uncreative because they're not alive in the real world. But I think they're creative. I still hate the Vanillite line because of their dumb looking smile, though.

Having said that, I was quite disappointed with Pangoro's performance in battles, but maybe I came in with too much expectation because it's so badass-looking. Same can be said for Pyroar. I also don't like Aromatisse... But for the most part I liked the new Pokemon introduced this generation.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
I liked all the Pokémon introduced in this generation. I am still disappointed with Aromatisse, though. They could have made a badass Plague Doctor Pokémon, maybe a fairy/poison type, and they made a can can dancer. Really GameFreak? :(

Back