• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which new pokemon did you hate the most?

Pinta77

It has to be klefki. Klefki is the "klink" of this generation imo

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • It has to be klefki. Klefki is the "klink" of this generation imo
    Eh, I think both Klink and Klefki were pretty cool. The concept of machines or object Pokemon have always been kind of fun as long as they aren't outright stupid like food (Sorry, Slurpluff and Vanilluxe, the only Pokemon that pulled that joke off was Farfetch'd). Klink's line felt like a new version of the Magnemite line, and Klefki makes me think of little spirits that inhabit different objects.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • It has to be klefki. Klefki is the "klink" of this generation imo

Aw, I think Klefki is pretty cute. I didn't like it at first but then I recently caught one in my Y version and have been playing with it in my party and really enjoying using it.

The one thing that freaked me out though was in Pokemon Amie, it spins around when it's happy and the bottom of the keyring part splits apart. It just looks weird.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    Honestly, I liked most of the designs from gen 1-6. I feel like most people in this thread when asking for pokemon are wanting Digimon rather than Pokemon. Pokemon are never meant to be someone super super cool looking. That is what separated pokemon from other franchises is that the designs are simple and reach a large audience.

I just got a little annoyed seeing all the comment like 'I wanted a super gigantic evil dragon with red eyes and claws that look like freddy kreuger' comments.

Back on topic, I think Binacle is my least favorite of the new designs but I think most of the new designs were well thought out imho.

Jack

ego
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2020
    Hates a strong word xD.

I disliked Honedge, was kind of ridiculous imho.

Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Mar 16, 2019
    There's a bunch I don't like, but I honestly think Barbaracle is the most Godforsaken ugliest thing I have ever seen, pokemon or not. I don't care how good it is, I will never use that thing, or Binacle for that matter. It looks like some Clive Barker nightmare that's gonna walk outta the darkness in like Hellraiser VII or whatever number they're up to now.

I also really dislike Aegislash and Honedge, Doublade somehow looks awesome, but enough with the inanimate object pokemon, and yeah, that includes you Kelfki. Just wait til they think of the next logical step beyond Mega Evolutions...the ability to merge pokemon together and combine their stats! Klefklingklang I choose you!

Carbink is pretty lame.

And I'm honestly really surprised it took until page 4 before someone mentioned Flabébé. I got enough of those lame fairy-aphids in Wonder Trade to never want to leave the house in the springtime again.

Most of the rest of them I liked.

Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    Klefki, it has to be Klefki. Absolutely no thought into that pokemon at all. Someone was like "We need more pokemon!!!" and one of the designers just looked down and saw his car keys. Ugh that one drives me nuts.

It really annoys me when people make comments like these, saying that the designs are uninspired... Just because they are based off of inanimate objects, doesn't mean that some thought was put into it. If I remember correctly, Klefki is based on some kind of myth or legend, explaining why it is fairy type, and showing at least some thought went into its design. When we are talking about bad designs, there really isn't any. You may not like it, but other people do, making it good to them. No design is actually overall bad, or overall, good.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I still maintain that there are no bad pokémon designs, just people who set their expectations too high

If you're asking which one I personally like the least though, that would probably go to Dedenne. I know that these electric rodents appeal to a lot of people, but I'm not one of them. >_>

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
    Years
  • If pressed for an answer, it would have to be Binacle. I get the design and all but it just doesn't appeal to me, probably because I can't see how it would move. I need to imagine it running after angry trainers on its hands and the ensuing Benny Hill chase that follows for it to work :/

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    If pressed for an answer, it would have to be Binacle. I get the design and all but it just doesn't appeal to me, probably because I can't see how it would move. I need to imagine it running after angry trainers on its hands and the ensuing Benny Hill chase that follows for it to work :/

Well barnacles aren't known for being very mobile. They probably act like turrets in battle, can't move but just fire off attacks at the enemy. (After all, nobody questions how pokemon like Metapod or Cascoon move)

They're also not supposed to be pretty, I think they're based off goose barnacles.

I think that's what makes me appreciate the Binacle line, understanding that being ugly is the point, being strange is the point. You're not going to walk down to your local pet shop and pick up a barnacle.

Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    Trevenant, just noooo! Especially since it ALWAYS breaks my shiny chain!

Last edited:

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • Let me tell you guys a story about one Pokemon from Gen 6 I don't like: There once was an ugly Barbaracle, he was so ugly that everyone died, the end! I remember when Biancle leaked and I actually hoped it was fake, because it's probably even uglier than Garbodor (which I think looks ugly intentionally), and it's evolution is no better...

Probably just as bad is Bunnelby and Diggersby; is it just me or are the regional rodents getting uglier with each generation? Granted I kind of like Watchog, but it's like they are trying to make Pokemon just to be hated, starting with Bidoof and continuing with Patrat and Bunnelby.

Not ugly, but probably one of my least favorite Pokemon of Gen 6 is Dedenne, another electric rodent that doesn't evolve and basically only exists to sell plush toys and nothing more. That's the reason for most of the electric rodents even existing is just to sell plush toys; they don't evolve, their stats aren't that great, and they don't really learn any good moves, they just exist to capitalize on Pikachu's popularity and to sell plush toys, when in reality they're nothing more than a waste of space in the Pokedex. If you're going to capitalize on Pikachu's success, why not use Pichu and Raichu than just make a completely new Pokemon?

One Pokemon I don't hate but has a design that bothers me is Braixen. Did it really have to be a bipedal fox, because I would probably like it more if it was quadruped. Delphox is fine as a biped, but Braixen not so much, to the point where it's more or less what I like to call the Lucario of Gen 6: Bipedal canid, very popular with a large portion of the fandom (furries especially), and is seen almost everywhere. Actually, the Fennekin family in general bothers me in the fact that it's a fire type fox Pokemon, and it's like they think Vulpix and Ninetales aren't good enough (and the fire kitsunes from Gen 1 are among my favorite Pokemon of all time), so call me a bit jealous.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • I really didn't like Furfrou, the only reason he's in is too fit with the French theme. I mean yeah he needs to be included but I still don't like him.

Back