• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reapers: Keepers of the Balance (M) [Most Original 1Q '13]

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years

Shima Kuno; Berlin, Germany; Earth

Mission 1: The Unusual Lost Soul

Shima had just arrived, and was patrolling the streets when a strange sound rippled through the air. Shima calmly walked toward the sound, staying aware of all of her surroundings, and keeping her senses alert. The streets where filled with bustling people moving here and there. The same sound rippled through the air once more, a little more clear than the last. Shion had memorized her mission. The details ran through her mind, as she repeatedly played it back.

"Find the lost soul of a dog, and bring it to heavens' gate before it becomes a demon. We know it's unusual, but it is a mission none the less."

"Yes."

Shion had accepted without much thought. It WAS unusual for a lost soul to be anything but human, so when she was told it was a dog she accepted immediately, knowing that it was unusual might make it a tougher challenge than usual. Shima was still focused, so when she heard the bark of a dog, her hand went directly to the hilt of her Raven's Blade. Shima scanned the area with her eyes. A young girl, about 9-12 was about to touch the lost soul Shima was after.

"Stop! Don't touch it!" Shima said, grabbing the girl and moving her away swiftly, just as the wisp tried to take possession of her. Shima gave the girl a quick look-over pushed her away. "Run. Run! Go home child!" Shima growled, sending the girl running off. The Dog hadn't possessed the girl, so it should still be pure. Shima stood and walked to the wisp. Where had it come from, and how had it died? Shima wanted to know but she had no time. "Here we are.. You like to bite? Then come with me." Shima said gently, extending her hand to touch the wisp.

Shima had just barely made it to the wisp before it took off in the other direction. A game then. It seems reluctant to leave, but why? Shima wondered. Shima went after the wisp.

Last edited:

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022

Spencer - Chapter 3

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, Spencer. We should probably get up the volcano now. Terrorists are probably gonna drop something like that from a plane or helicopter or something and I don't think the Afar have much anti-air defense. Do you think you could jump high enough to take something like that down or that it would be better to use one of my explosive arrows?"

The voice came from behind Spencer and he knew by instinct it was his partner for this mission. Although he seems to put off a happy vibe, Spencer couldn't help, but feel a trace of anger in his voice, as if he were frustrated in the same way that he himself was. Killing innocent people... just for practically existing. They had no say or control in the matter and they didn't even know anything. This was cruel... Spencer wasn't going to just outright slaughter these people... there were families here. Looking up to Luka, he frowned.

"I... can... I can take down a plane or helicopter, but we would have to be sure that this device doesn't fall period... I don't want anything to happen to the..." Spencer paused for a moment and bit his lip.

"What about... after the bomb threat is done? I don't want these people to be hurt and I haven't even established contact."
r

DeathofShadows

The Brightest Darkness
Years

Chapter info.

Missions:
None...

Partners:
None...

Healthy

Kalek Noire
The End
Part One

Kalek was only slightly impressed at the heartlessness of Destiny's kill. They were called Reapers for a reason. He shrugged, and said, "Very well, we go that way," gesturing in the direction the native had pointed out. He passed into the underbrush, thinking that Destiny and Bernard were close behind.

Of course, he knew he would have been much more alert, because the blade swinging from the dense brush caught him completely be suprise. The man wielding the sword, however, was what stopped Kalek in his tracks.

"Did you miss me, Brother?" Artemis was standing over Kalek, blade pointed at his throat, "Don't worry, I won't waste my time on you again, you Assassin scum. It's about time I cleaned our family name of your foul blood." He swung, and Kalek barely blocked with his hidden blade. However, his brother seemed to be expecting this, as before he knew it, his own broadsword had split his sternum and was burried into the ground.

The pain was too much, and Kalek's vision went red and hazy. He was aware of his brother laughing as he ran, and he moaned as much as his partially filled lungs would allow. He saw Destiny nearby, and said to her, Don't try... To save m-me... To live by th... The sword... Is to die... By the s-sword..." With this, Kalek exhaled his final breath, his centuries-old spirit leaving his dead body.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

The first thing that Kalek was aware of was a breeze. A slight breeze, that had a hint of ocean. Just like the rural areas outside arome where he an Velia had spent a lot of time together... He could hear the grass fluttering in the wind, and the leaves of some trees brushing together. He opened his eyes, and saw Paradise for the first time.

It was breathtaking, and styled almost exactly the way an ancient Roman garden would. The sky was a brilliant blue, the few streaked clouds showing that not a single drop of rain was coming for another week at least. However, the beauty of it paled in an instant, as a beautiful woman came I to view from around a ston pillar.

It wasn't that she was beautiful, really, it was that he recognized her. The aburn hair, the sly smile, Velia was everything she had been, and more. He took a few tentative steps, and then rushed over and swept her in his arms, laughing. She then whispered into his ear words that he thought he'd never hear.

"Kalek," she said, "Welcome home..."

Fixed Float!

Gesturing broadly to the crowd before him, the bearded Bard said, "Fare thee well friends, and forget not the importance of love, and shortness of life. Live to the fullest, and you will be successful. Thus ends the embolding tale of Kalek Noire, Assassin of the Roman Brotherhood, and Master Reaper." The bard bowed, and slowly left the stage of the ampitheatre, the crowd cheering.

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017

Camillia Abbott -chapter - 3
Telepathy
Thoughts

Camillia groaned as her eyes opened slightly. She still was laying were she had fallen, and all she felt was pain. That man will get it...I will have my revenge she swore in her mind wincing as she tried to move. More pain coursed through her and she fell back onto her back. It hurt to much for her to move and things were still blurry. She could still feel the effects of the poison that had been used against her. But she was glad to have made it to Limbo. For now she had no fear of death since she was no longer in the mortal realm. She just had to deal with the pain and weakness until someone found her. She had plenty of things at her home that could cure her.

Someone find me soon she thought wincing in pain again before the bliss of unconsciousness overcame her.

Years

Adrian Frode

"Oh come on!" Adrian had just cut through yet another wave of the paranormal arachnids that were swarming around him. It seemed as though for every one of the spider demons he killed another thirty were still there - and of course there was still the matter of finding the one with the soul.

He saw Masato and the strange, rocky demon that had appeared go over the edge of the building.
At least Masato will be done with that soon... but we should probably finish these off too before they start to spread. Adrian continued to leap and run amongst the contingent of spiders whirling his sword around at high speeds so that it appeared to be nothing but a blur. Bits of spider demon flew all over the roof top but Adrian was yet to hit the correct one.

Noticing that Masato was once again on the roof Adrian called over to his shoulder too him
"You might want to stay there, the subtle approach isn't working".
Adrian whipped his blade in a flurry watching it engulf itself in flames before stabbing it into the roof causing the fire to erupt outwards in a blazing sphere vaporising the army of spiders. Adrian fell to one knee noticing that, at last, a glowing sphere of blue light was hovering circles around the roof top. Sighing loudly he turned to Masato
"Can you get that? I need a minute."

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Masato Ryu - Chapter 3 - Mission Over

Masato watched from his vantage point as Adrian used his powers to vaporize all the spiders on the roof and the welcoming glow of the last soul penetrated the night sky. Soon Adrian fell onto one knee, exhausted. Apparently using that much energy after the battle with the demons took a lot of energy out of him. "Can you get that? I need a minute," he heard Adrian say to him as Masato stood up on the roof itself. Thankfully, he had one extra soul jar stashed away!

Masato pulled out his soul jar and rushed forward before the soul could get away. With one swift motion, he swiped the jar and netted the soul on his first try. He quickly sealed it before the soul could get out and turned to Adrian. "All three souls are now accounted for. If you'll go ahead and return to Limbo to rest, I'll deliver the souls and report to the grims for us," Masato stated as he tucked the jar into one of his secret pockets and summoned a portal beside him. "I'll see you back in Limbo, my friend," he said nodding before entering the portal and closing it behind him.

The portal took him to the gates of Hell. Everything still looked the same since last time he was here. He quickly dug out the soul jar holding the serial killer and opened it, releasing him into the fiery realm. Masato made sure the killer entered fully before creating a portal to Heaven's gates. He quickly entered and immediately closed his eyes from the brightness that enveloped him. The brightness paralyzed him for a second before his eyes adjusted to the light. Opening his eyes, he saw the golden gates inlaid with pearls that were opening before him as a golden path was revealed to him. Masato took out the other jars and released the mother and daughter in front of the gates. The two were seemingly overjoyed as they walked hand-in-hand through the gates, which closed behind them. Seeing that the mission was now accomplished, he created one last portal that would take him to Limbo.

He stepped through quickly and appeared nearby where the grims were and went inside to report on their success. He also notified the grims about the monster that attacked them while they were busy with the spiders. When finished, Masato walked out and noticed someone out of the corner of his eye laying on the ground. He slowly turned to the body, noting with eyes growing wide that it was Camillia! She had cuts all over her, assuming that she was attacked by someone. Quickly, he tried to wake her up, but to no avail; she was out cold. He scooped her up into his arms and carried her to her house.

Upon entering her house, he found her bedroom and gently layed her down on the bed. He looked over her injuries, noticing that they were too superficial to knock her out. She didn't seem bruised from a blunt weapon attack or strangulation, either. Was there someone else from the Harbingers that could use poisons like she could? If so, that'd be another dangerous enemy for them to overcome. He shoved that thought to the back of his mind as he decided to heal her outer wounds. He placed his hand on her shoulder and concentrated as he absorbed her damage into him. Soon her cuts had healed completely and, as he finished, he fell to his knees as the toll of everything else got to him and he was exhausted.

He slowly trudged out of the bedroom to let her rest as he went into her living room and sat down heavily in a chair. As he sat down, he felt his eyes growing heavy and soon falls asleep to recharge his batteries.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017

Telepathy
Thoughts

Camillia opened her eyes to find herself staring at the ceiling of her bedroom. But who...who brought me here she thought sitting up slowly. Whoever they were they did a good job of healing her, and she owed them thanks. Getting out of bed slowly Camillia changed from her mortal outfit to her normal dress for when she was in limbo. Letting her curly hair flow down her back. Slipping on her shoes she grabbed her sword in order to clean it of it's poison.

Upon walking out of her bedroom the first thing she spotted she saw Masato fast asleep in a chair. so it was him that brought me here. she thought cleaning her sword of poison before putting it up. Deciding to let Masato sleep a bit longer she busied herself with making antidotes to all the poisons she knew of. All the while thinking of her harbinger. Just my luck it has to be not only the only ancestor of Kenton still alive, but he also looks just like him and is named after him too.

After getting the antidotes to the point were they just needed to boil before they cooled Camillia washed her hands before going over to Masato and gently shaking his shoulder. It's time to wake up now

Last edited:

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Luka Sokolov - Chapter 3-6: Volcanotop Showdown

Spencer's concern made Luka even more unsure of himself and if he really could complete the mission. He was wasting time, though, and the terrorist could get here at any moment now so he would just have to forget about that part of the mission now if he wanted to save the people in the first place. "The aircraft is probably going to come and drop the bomb, so I suggest that when it drops, you jump and catch it, then I take the plane down with an explosive arrow. That way, the bomb doesn't fall at all." Luka's voice now held a certain authority about it, but it soon softened. "Go make contact with the natives. This may be your last chance. Don't worry, I'll alert you the moment I see the aircraft approaching. One thing I've got going for me is my incredible eyesight, so I'll spot it with enough time for you to get here."

After flashing a grin, Luka stood and took off without giving Spencer a chance to respond. While he was crossing the village, he reached the center and stopped to just look at it. This might be the last time I see this place looking this way… He stood there taking it all in when he noticed someone familiar running towards him. It was the little girl he had cured who had woken up already. Luka didn't know how to react, but suddenly all the thoughts about the final part of his mission surfaced themselves at once. Then the little girl came up and hugged him. He felt the tears threaten to start pouring again, but he managed to steel himself and keep from crying. His face showed noticeable emotional pain, though. "Don't worry, I'll be back. Everything will be fine," he lied. Was it a lie, though? He was seriously considering simply defying the Grim Reapers now. He didn't ask for this, and maybe he didn't even want to be a reaper anymore if that was the cost of saving these people.

Luka felt rage but beneath it a new resolve boiled within him. Feeling an inner strength powered by his desire to protect this village, Luka ran to the volcano, climbing it as fast as he could. It wasn't as fast as someone like Spencer probably could go and was nowhere near as fast as Adrian, but it was still significantly faster than his normal speed. Despite the massive size of the fire-bellied mountain, Luka managed to reach the top sooner than he had expected. Once at the top, he reached into his quiver and took out the metal case containing his utility arrows, saying the password to open it. "Прости, мама." He felt a light drain of energy, but he ignored it and set the case aside, prepared to load an explosive arrow for whenever he saw the aircraft approaching.

He waited and waited, hoping that Spencer was getting some sort of fulfillment out of contact with the Afar, but the thought was cut short when he noticed something in the distance through the scope of his crossbow. He wasn't quite prepared for what he saw, though. Great, when the hell did terrorists get their hands on military-class heavy bombers? It seemed to be a sort of convoy as well since there was a trio of smaller planes around the heavy bomber in a sort of delta triangle-ish formation. And since when were they so coordinated? Heavy bombers were actually relatively slow, so instead of reaching for an explosive arrow, Luka took a flare arrow and shot it upwards. They would have seen him anyway if he had started off trying to blow them up, but this way he alerted Spencer, and caused them a moment of confusion while they tried to figure out which of their enemies was actually being signaled. Luka only had three explosive arrows, so he had to make them count. Spencer would have to help make up for one of the planes, but the priority was still the bomber. He loaded the crossbow and prepared for battle, not quite looking forward to being hit by the missiles that modern heavy bombers usually carried on them or whatever gunfire the smaller planes had.

siiadams

Years
Masato Ryu - Chapter 3 - Camillia's house

Masato felt someone gently shake his shoulder and Camillia's words flowed through his mind, "Its time to wake up now." Almost as though obeying her command, his eyes slowly opened as a yawn escaped from his lips. His head turned and locked eyes with the telepath, smiling as he did so. "I'm glad to see you're ok," he spoke as he stood up and stretched, not sure of how long he had been asleep. He then turned to her with an inquisitive look on his face. "So what happened with your mission?" he asked, "The cuts on your body seemed too superficial to deal any lasting damage. Did another Harbinger strike?"

He then turned his attention to the area where she made her poisons and watched as the chemicals were being heated or whatever she would do to make them potent. It was interesting to him to see how the process worked. Maybe one day he'd be able to learn how to do some, as well. He turned away and kept his eyes on Camillia, wondering if there was indeed something else wrong. If his theory was true, was she suffering from poisoning, as well?

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017

Telepathy
Thoughts

Camilla smiled and blushed faintly as Masato yawned and woke up locking eyes with her. "I'm glad to see you're ok," he stood and stretched. "So what happened with your mission? The cuts on your body seemed too superficial to deal any lasting damage. Did another Harbinger strike?"

I was sent to the Amazon she began walking over to the antidotes that were heating. Grabbing a ladle she poured a little of one that was light pink in color into a vial. Seems I found my harbinger...none other than the last of the line I've sworn to destroy. she frowned her empty hand clenching into a fist. To make matters worse...not only did he beat me this time. But he deals with poisons as well. The poison sapped my reaper powers while I was in the mortal realm. she sighed feeling the antidote in her hand cool. This is the antidote I managed to make she added before drinking said antidote. Right away she felt the affects, she felt her strength returning, but she also felt a wave of dizziness and swayed a little on her feet.

siiadams

Years
Masato Ryu - Chapter 3

Masato kept his attention on Camillia as she explained what happened. Apparently, when she went to the Amazon, she met up with the last of the bloodline she was warring with. In a bizarre twist, he looked like the original and had the same name. Even more bizarre, he was a practitioner of poisons like she was. How was it that the Harbingers had access to enemies that had such personal ties to the Reapers? Nothing made sense with them anymore. To make matters even worse, he developed a poison that sapped their reaper powers. How much more lop-sided could things get?

As he thought these things, she drank her new potion and suddenly started swaying. She looked like she was ready to collapse at any moment! Quickly, Masato was by her side. He had his right hand underneath her right elbow while his left arm slipped around behind her to keep her body upright. As he did this, he suddenly realized what he was doing and now it was his turn to feel his cheeks redden. "Lets go sit down and relax," he suggested, "I have an odd feeling we'll be seeing them again real soon. We have to conserve as much energy as possible." He gently urged her away from her poisons towards the chairs in the living room.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022

Spencer - Chapter 3

------------------------------------------------------------------

Spencer nodded to Luka's suggestion to catch the bomb. He was going to catch the bomb and hopefully the plane would be taken down with ease... but, afterwards... then what? Spencer averted his eyes from Luka and kept them to the ground. He didn't want to kill anyone who didn't deserve it and these people wouldn't stand a chance at defending themselves. He was already responsible for abandoning his own family in becoming a Reaper, he wasn't going to allow any more families to plunge into despair. It was something he was still dealing with now and it wasn't pretty. Luka's voice softened, being audible to only Spencer.

"Go make contact with the natives. This may be your last chance. Don't worry, I'll alert you the moment I see the aircraft approaching. One thing I've got going for me is my incredible eyesight, so I'll spot it with enough time for you to get here."

With a quick grin, Luka was gone before Spencer could even give him a bewildered look. So they were going to save these people. Spencer sighed of relief. He wasn't the only one who figured some of the commands were becoming absurd. He would have to figure out what to do after this mission in defense of his actions or if he was going to even return to the Reaper world, but the matter at hand occupied his entire being.

To get the people of this island out of here... it would be a miracle if there was some way at all. Most people would have run to the person in charge, but Spencer knew he didn't have time to search for them. He ran around the village starting from the center and yelled out for the people to escape.

"Please! Run while you can!" he shouted out in desperation. Children were still playing although some of the adults began to stare at him with curiosity. Maybe they didn't understand him, but it was good he caught their attention.

He pointed at the volcano, flailed his hands in the air and looked around at various people who seemed to not know what he was literally saying, but some appeared to have gotten the gist of it when he pointed at the volcano and some of the villagers began to panic and alert everyone although some looked at Spencer as if he were insane. Maybe some didn't believe him? It wouldn't make a difference now if Spencer did say it in Arabic or any other East-African Dialect, Spencer could only hope that they would trust their fellow villagers. Him saying what they already heard wouldn't make a difference, but it seemed that the majority of people believed him and minutes later, the doubtful few who remained followed behind. Whether they were nervous or following due to peer pressure, Spencer wouldn't know. He just knew, he didn't have long before the planes came.

He would help them evacuate while he could. Following the villagers, he noticed all were retreating to the lake. Some villagers already began to carry fishing boats down to the lake to escape. Wherever they were going, it seemed the lake would be the best way although he wasn't sure if there were enough boats. Some villagers began to run the coastline, not wanting to wait for a boat and get decent leeway ahead of the eruption. Spencer dashed around the village and was going to begin to look for anyone left behind before he saw a giant flare in the sky.

"Looks like I've used up all the time I've got, like it or not." Spencer sighed and took off towards the top of the mountain at full speed. He wasn't going to allow these people to be harmed just because of a selfish order he received, nor was he going to allow this organization to just waltz in and wreak havoc. This wouldn't be fixing his mistakes in the past, but it was a start to begin anew. Spencer wasn't going to allow anyone to restrain him for his own personal beliefs. If he and Luka didn't stand up now, no one would.

Reaching the top of the mountain with relative ease. Little to no time seemed to have passed after the flare was fired and first things Spencer noticed was the increasing temperature, the distortion of the air around him due to the humidity and then Luka at the top of the volcano.

"I hope I did good enough back there..." Spencer said as he wiped his face, which was covered in sweat, with his hand. He was already becoming drenched in sweat and his hair clinging to the skin on his forehead. These hot climates hardly suited him although he didn't have enough time to complain. Luka had loaded up his crossbow and appeared ready for anything the world was going to throw at him and Spencer closed his eyes.

Those allies from the Sahara and their deaths... they still haunted him. He was going to do their memories justice and survive as well as protect those around him. The sound of Planes in the distance brought Spencer's attention to the sky in the direction Luka was looking in. "What's the plan?"

r

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
(OOC: Using Brawler Font as of now, to retain manliness!)

Bernard "Demon" Westerly
Gods Dammit!

Bernard roared in anger as he saw the young Reaper slain by a Harbinger, calling him brother. "YOU BASTARD!" He drew his massive blade and charged the fiend. He would have torn the fool apart, but he spirited away in seconds, leaving him alone with the sadistic Reaper. "Dammit...Now I'm stuck with you." He looked to the woman and spat. "Well, let's not shame his memory." He looked down and sighed. "Well...I know you like this just as much as I do..." A scowl popped across his face. "We BOTH know how much that is." A sigh escaped his lips. What am I doing? This isn't me! Where's your quiet side, Bernard?! Bernard spat again, clearing his mouth of spare saliva. "I'm sorry for my...rude behavior." Demon hated apologizing. It made him seem weak...But he wasn't one to apologize. "I'm normally not like that, but if I had backed down, I would've looked like a cowardly fool instead of a normal fool. Now, if you're willing to put this behind us and carry out this mission, I am." He sheathed Demon-Slayer and gave a faint attempt at a smile, but it looked more like a broken-toothed show of teeth.

With that, he turned to the direction that Kalek lad had pointed. "So...I s'pose we should get moving." He began to set off at a light pace, avoiding any of the larger thorns. What got into me? That wasn't me! He bit the inside of his cheek in shame. I shouldn't have exploded like that...Maybe it was that lad's death that inspired me to return to normal...His normal deep thoughts began to return to him, and the heat of his blood began to cool. I almost lost it back there. When Bernard became truly angry, absolutely nothing could stop him. His adrenaline would start pumping, and he would go into the blood lust. The blood lust drove him to be a cold, unfeeling monster, and after the blood lust would fade away, he would revert to his normal quiet self. "I can't let that happen..."

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Destiny Saviouer :: Amazon Rain Forest, Earth
Chapter Three :: Fate's Dawning

"Very well, we go that way."

Destiny had been following not too far behind Kalek when she felt the presence materialize. The soul just suddenly appeared, without warning. In an instant, a man had appeared in front of Kalek. There was a brief confrontation, and then Kalek was gone. The man—apparently Kalek's brother—killed him and disappeared almost as quickly as he had come.

But not before Destiny latched onto his soul's wavelength, tracing its signature. She couldn't stop him, but now she would have no trouble tracking and identifying him in the future if the need ever arose.

"Don't try . . . to save m-me. . . . To live by th- . . . the sword . . . is to die . . . by the s-sword. . . ." Destiny turned to Kalek and watched as his spirit left his body. She didn't even need to check his vital signs—his soul was at the gates almost instantly.

Destiny looked off in the direction that the other man had vanished, gritting her teeth.

"YOU BASTARD!" The English Reaper had charged off in pursuit of the Harbinger, but he stopped when he realized that pursuit was futile. "Dammit . . . now I'm stuck with you."

"Such a nice sentiment right after losing one of our own," Destiny muttered.

The English Reaper spat. "Well, let's not shame his memory." He looked down and sighed. "Well . . . I know you like this just as much as I do . . . ," he continued, a scowl crossing his face. "We BOTH know how much that is."

Agreed, Destiny thought.

"I'm sorry for my . . . rude behavior." Destiny's ears perked up, stunned by the words coming from the English Reaper's mouth. Was she hearing things? "I'm normally not like that, but if I had backed down, I would've looked like a cowardly fool instead of a normal fool." Did he just admit to being a fool? "Now, if you're willing to put this behind us and carry out this mission, I am."

Destiny's eyes had widened slightly. Had she heard all of that correctly?

"So . . . I s'pose we should get moving."

Destiny stood there, temporarily forgetting how to move. Apparently the English Reaper wasn't as large of a bigoted moron as she'd thought.

He was still a bigoted moron, of course, just not as large of one.

Destiny turned to follow the English Reaper, increasing her pace until she caught up with him. "I guess that means I can't count on you to slaughter all of the innocents so that I don't have to get involved in such business?" She looked at the man, some grudging respect building from the fact that he wasn't too much of a coward to admit some his his more major shortcomings. "Pity."

Destiny sighed. She turned towards the area that the Amazonian Tribe was allegedly located, tracing any spiritual signal that she could locate. "Let's get this over with, then."

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017

Telepathy
Thoughts

The moment she swayed on her feet Camillia felt Masato grab her elbow as well as putting one arm around her to steady her. "Lets go sit down and relax, I have an odd feeling we'll be seeing them again real soon. We have to conserve as much energy as possible." he gently led her to the chairs in her living room. Away from her poisons and antidotes, as well as the fumes they gave off.

Thank you Camillia smiled at him and pecked his cheek before taking a seat in one of the chairs. The antidote made me a bit dizzy she continued looking in the direction of what she was making. I'm stocking up on my supply of poisons as well as antidotes, it's the best idea if they have poisons too we'll need plenty of antidotes.

siiadams

Years
Masato Ryu - Chapter 3

She thanked him and as she did, she gently kissed his cheek. He temporarily felt time stop as his fingers gently touched where her lips were. He smiled in spite of himself as he looked into her eyes for another couple of seconds before following her gaze back to where her poisons and potions were being prepared. The skin underneath his mask was almost a beet red, blushing from all this.

"I...I understand," Masato spoke softly, clearing his throat when he heard how weak his voice was, "Is there anything I can do to help you with all this? I'm afraid I don't know hardly anything about chemicals, but I'm eager to learn...if you'll allow me." He then turned to look at her again, still smiling wide, as though he couldn't help himself.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Bernard "Demon" Westerly

[FONT=edca086fca6a8f6e11ecd960#201600]The female Reaper seemed...surprised at Bernard's apology. "I guess that means I can't count on you to slaughter all of the innocents so that I don't have to get involved in such business? [FONT=edca086fca6a8f6e11ecd960#201600]Pity. Let's get this over with, then."[/FONT][/FONT]

Bernard nodded, his eyes filled with determination. "We're going to do this in a way that minimalizes any casualties or injuries. We've already had more than one death today." The lad's final words filled his mind. "To live by the sword, is to die by the sword." Demon had never heard truer words. "I suppose I never introduced myself." He looked sideways out of his eye towards her. "I'm Bernard. Bernard Westerly. But others call me Demon." He gave her a non-chalant wave of the hand. "And I don't think we can consider these primitives as innocent, seeing as they contantly spawn these monsters into the world."

When the pair arrived in the village, Bernard looked to his partner. "Well, what do we do? I'm just the muscle, not the brains." He gave a low chuckle and fingered the haft of Earth-Shaker, the hilt of Demon-Slayer, and the handles of Claw and Fang. His weapons were dying to taste demon blood. "What do we do first? Take out the demons, or slaughter the tribe?" He hated the fact that they had to kill the entire tribe, but like he said earlier, they were threats to the balance.​

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022

Luka Sokolov & Spencer Holden - Chapter 3-7: Volcanotop Showdown

It didn't take too long for Spencer to finish whatever it was he had been doing, something that Luka couldn't turn to see since he had to stay focused on the enemy in front of him. "What's the plan?" Spencer asked. Luka thought for a moment. He only had three explosive arrows and there were four planes, one of them being a heavy bomber. Spencer was known for his spectacular strength and was capable of jumping high enough to take out a plane, but Luka feared the planes were going too fast for him to reliably leap from one plane to the next immediately after taking it out. The plane could spin out of control taking Spencer with him, or it could dive down in a panic making it difficult for Spencer to reach the next one. Luka could take out the three fighter planes leaving the bomber for Spencer, but the bomber was very large and it was uncertain whether or not Spencer could take it out in time. All Luka had to do was figure out a way for Spencer to take out more planes than one to save arrows. Or maybe the solution was to find a way to take down the plane AND the bomb simultaneously.

Luka turned to Spencer with confidence in his eyes. "My explosive arrows are earth-made, so they probably won't hurt you too bad if you're far enough. I think if you land on the front plane and I explode it with an arrow, you could leap off from it just before the arrow hits and ride the force to the next plane, taking it out and ending up back on the ground. Then I take out the next plane and use the last explosive arrow on one of the bombers' turbines. Then it will be unable to accelerate properly for escape but won't uncontrollably spin into the ground either. Finally, to keep the pilot from just diving into the volcano plane and all, I'll hit it with a grappling arrow. With you on the ground, you can take the cable at the other end and pull the plane, turning it around, then you'll try your best to catch it, or at least slow it down. For this plan to work, your strength and my shooting speed as well as accuracy need to be in top condition. The planes are coming fast, so we need to move faster. Unless you've got a better plan, you should probably get ready to jump!" Luka loaded an explosive arrow and prepared himself to time the shot with Spencer's jumps.

"My strength should be more than enough to cover for my end." Spencer chuckled to himself before cracking the knuckles on his right hand loudly enough for there to be a slight echo across the volcano opening. "That does seem like an awfully good faith you have in your accuracy. If we succeed, this would be an amazing story to tell." Spencer switched to his right hand and cracked the knuckles on it too.

It would be a giant shame for Spencer and his resolve to fail now just because he missed a jump. He would fulfill his end of the bargain and he was sure that Luka would too. They made it there with ease and the success of their own goals would be determined solely on the few upcoming moments. He let out a deep sigh and took in a deep breath before walking back to get a running start. That's right... it was now or never. He would prove to the world how strong he was... and how much stronger he would be when he had something to protect. "Sorry little sis. I know I can't even fix my damages, but hope this is the first thing I can do to repay my failures as a brother." Spencer muttered under his breath as he came to a halt on the opposite side of the volcano. He gave a quick grin to Luka and nodded. "Good Luck." The question was... was he feeling lucky?

Taking off at breakneck speed on his toes, Spencer began to dash in the direction of the first plane. He pushed off exactly on the edge of the outer volcano and felt the wind lashing at his eyes as he seemingly flew higher at an impressive altitude and he was still gaining speed. He somewhat managed to maintain his orientation, with his feet being towards the ground, although he felt somewhat nauseous. The initial jump took out more energy than he though although he would have more than enough to destroy the planes. Clenching his first as the first plane came within 15 feet, Spencer roared as he reached out for the plane wings, just barely clenching onto it with 3 fingers, and noticed the pilot of the plane was trying to shake him off. "Give me some breathing room, you jerk."

Hopefully, this shot wouldn't be ruined. He was already feeling slightly dizzy although he had faith in Luka. When this was over, he was going to learn how to fly so he would never have to do something like this again.

Spencer made the jump without a hitch. Well, maybe a little hitch considering that he had barely caught the plane wing, but it shouldn't be too much of an issue. "Get up, fast! I can't shoot until you're ready to jump!" Luka aimed for the plane's engine, the aircraft being small enough for that to be a viable option, but it seemed that the terrorists realized that they were in danger and started to shoot at him. Spencer was safe as long as he was on that plane, though. Luka cursed as he was forced to get out of position to avoid the bullets. He didn't often face gunfire, but it seemed distinctly slower as a reaper than it was as a human. The trouble came from the difficulty of aiming at a moving target while running and dodging bullets. "Spencer, we can't afford to waste any time! You need to jump!" Luka pulled the scope up to his eye, hoping his practice for this sort of situation (aiming while running, he hadn't quite expected to aim while being shot at by planes) would pay off.

Spencer readied himself on the wing on the plane as he lifted himself quickly on top of it, laying down flat on his stomach. He felt half-ready to leap like a frog and half-ready to lose the contents of his stomach in the air. He clenched up his fingers and leaped off in the direction of the nearest fighter plane, in a mostly vertical jump. He knew he wouldn't make it, but he would have to rely on Luka's ability to readily aim and fire.

While Luka was surprised at how quickly Spencer could get himself out of trouble and into position, he probably shouldn't have been knowing how much more skilled the average reaper was than him. He'd have to prove that he while he wasn't as good as them, he was still good. This was a chance to show that. Luka jumped forward and slid down the volcano side a little, the new position requiring just a little more adjustment on the part of the plane's guns. It was a miniscule amount that only gave him a couple extra seconds at most, but those seconds were all he needed.

Luka took the first free moment he had to align his shot and let the arrow fly, hitting the aircraft dead on. As predicted, the force propelled his partner forward towards the plane he had aimed at. Understanding that time was of the essence when these vehicles were going a couple hundred miles per hour, Luka hopped back to his metal case and loaded the next explosive arrow which he immediately shot at the other plane. Now the only fighter left was the one Spencer was on, so Luka loaded the final explosive arrow and prepared the grappling one.

The heat from the explosion that propelled him was intense threw off his balance in mid-air and Spencer knew he couldn't miss his mark. He was beginning to see how difficult aerial combat could be, even when it was with technology in the hands of a human. If he had to fight a Harbinger in this type of fight, he would be finished, but with a plane, he would have no problem as long as he could launch himself the right way. His jump turned into something of a vertical dive and he began to picture himself being launched out of a cannon with his hands by his sides.

Shaking this thought from his head, Spencer was just feet away from the plane. He pumped his fist and let out a war-cry and smashed his head straight into the side of the plane, planting himself into the starboard side of the plane's body. His momentum slowed down and he came to a complete stop... but this was just the beginning. Spencer pushed both of his elbows to the sides as if pushing for elbow room, increasing the size of the hole in the plane he had created. He could hear the loud drone of the engine begin to slowly stutter and then pick back up. Judging by the sound of it, he was burrowed right in a few feet away. Punching away at the insides of the plane, Spencer found the engine, bashed it with a single punch and a large spark came out of it. Climbing out of the hole he had tunneled (which now seemed more like he had disassembled the plane), he slipped out and tumbled towards the ground like a rag-doll towards the edge of the volcano. He had nothing to propel himself with or to steady his landing... it was going to be rough.

No sooner had this thought came to mind, did the plane explode and it threw Spencer at a high speed into the side of the volcano. A decent amount of dirt got displaced and was now obscuring his view of everything around him... just great. His clothes dirtied and he could feel some tears in the fabric, along with the fact he couldn't feel his vest. Getting to his feet, Spencer readied himself for the finale.

Luka watched as Spencer hit the ground hard, having successfully carried out most of his part. Now it was Luka's turn again. He aimed at the turbines below the wings of the bomber, but he saw something else. "Oh, crap." Now that the bomber no longer had the fighters at its side, it didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting them and prepared to unleash the missiles stored below its wings. He was in more of a rush than ever, needing to take this thing out before he took a missile barrage to the face. Even a reaper couldn't escape that unscathed or maybe even alive. He quickly released the arrow he had prepared which hit its target dead on, but the bomber retaliated immediately after, releasing the weapons under the undamaged wing. Luka grabbed one of his normal arrows and shot it at the leading missile, causing it to burst, but he couldn't shoot fast enough to hit all the others so he instead loaded the grappling arrow, attaching the spool of cable to his belt. Even if he were to be hit by the missiles, everything could still be in place for Spencer to complete the mission himself. "Don't worry about me, if I get hit, the metal cable should still be fine! You need to take it and complete the mission!' Taking a deep breath, Luka tried to relax despite the incoming missiles, and once he was steady he hit the plane without problem. Then the missiles did their work, hitting all around Luka.

He was still alive, and very lucky to be so. It seemed like the pilot was frantic and shot the missiles too close together so that when the first one exploded the force moved the others off course. He had sustained clothing damage, bad burns, and maybe more than a few broken bones, but he was alive. He had landed right by the edge, even luckier not to have fallen in. It seemed fortune was on his side today, so maybe everything with the villagers would turn out okay as well. He tried to get up, but it hurt badly to do so. Instead, he started casting his numbing spell while he shouted to Spencer, "Take the...urgh...the cable spool, I'm fine!"

Spencer struggled to his feet, noticing the pain in his stomach. He wasn't good at evaluating wounds and he had no time to do so. It felt as if his landing broke a few ribs and his forearms were both scraped. Acknowledging Luka's request to finish the mission, he ran to where the cable was near Luka and gripped it in a tight fist. He had to make his grip as strong as his will and resolve or everything would have been in vain. Spencer was not the type willing to put in so much effort to fail twice in a row. He wasn't going to allow this mission to end in failure unless he died first and he would not be made a fool of.

The plane wasn't too far from the opening of the volcano. Taking off with the cable in hand, Spencer ran down the side of the volcano, stretching the cable out to it's limit as he stopped and began to halt the plane, although it was costing him physically. He was at a slight advantage because of his strength... the question was... will it hold out?The weariness of his hands increased and soon he could feel something pop in his arms as he screeched and wailed in pain. He remained holding onto the rope and not budging. The damaged he sustained was taking it's toll although he wouldn't let it end this way. He couldn't.

His eyes rolled back in his head and he could no longer handle the pain. His mind was beginning to shut down, although he continued to pull. Soon his pull started weakening although his grip remained. The plane began to move inch-by-inch closer to the hole before suddenly Spencer crouched, dug his feet into the ground, then straightened his back while pulling and swung his arms over his head, throwing the plane out of balance. He summoned up a wave of strength and began to pull the wire in to himself as bit-by-bit, his arms and fingers began to crackle and his veins bulged out of his skin. He couldn't allow his body to take much more punishment. The pointer fingers on both his hands began to poke at his skin before they broke and Spencer wailed out while projecting his pain into his pull on the rope.

Spencer pulled the plane straight at himself with a burst of strength once more and it collided with the ground almost point blank, jamming itself into the ground and flames appeared all around it after the initial impact. He had completed his mission... although he couldn't relish much in his success. He began to lose his balance and he fell right on his back next to the plane. Explosion or not, he had finally made some sort of goodness out of his strength. He had managed to save someone, and that was enough for the moment. He could feel his consciousness fading out... maybe it would all end if he blacked out? He closed his eyes and fell still, although still breathing.

The sound of the plane hitting the ground and the volcano not erupting was a big relief to Luka, who had finally managed to numb the worst of the pain. He sat up and looked around at the sight of a completed mission. Spencer seemed to have taken some serious damage and laid on the ground nearby, but he was alive. It took some effort, but he managed to stand up and make his way over to him, once there being able to confirm he was indeed alive. He took a few breaths and rested his eyes for a moment before reopening them and creating a portal back to limbo which he pulled Spencer through. We did it...the terrorists have been stopped and the people are alive... The people...there was still the issue of that. He ignored the portal and looked over to the village where he saw many of the villagers in boats on the lake. He took a moment to watch them, glad that they were safe. It took a while of watching before he realized that something was wrong. He felt around for his crossbow which he had dropped in the explosion but didn't feel it nearby. Had it fallen in the volcano? Luka looked around, panicking, and was relieved to see it on the ground a ways away. More luck. He crawled over to it slowly and peered through the scope to see what was bothering him about the scene. The boats weren't moving. Had something happened to them? Adrenaline filled Luka's veins as he broke out into a sprint towards the village, closing the portal behind him.

Death.

Luka stood by the side of the lake surrounded by death. Corpses filled the boats and littered the shore, some even floating in the lake. The entire village was destroyed in the time it took them to defeat the terrorists. But how? Luka was speechless, eyes wide and unbelieving. He looked around at the same images over and over, blinking and rubbing his eyes repeatedly as if he would open them and awaken from this nightmare. But this was real. In his scanning of the awful scene, he spotted the body of the little girl who had embraced him before he left to the volcano. Luka ran over to her and dove to his knees, grabbing her wrist to check for a pulse only to learn what he already knew but refused to accept. Tears streamed down his face as he brushed away the long hair covering her face, but what lay beneath caused him to cringe in horror. Blood streamed out of her face, eyes, nose and ears, much of it already dried. There were spots where glands had swollen hideously and patches of badly necrotic tissue as well. The sight was grotesque and while Luka had seen his fair share of gore, this sort of thing on a little girl was just too much. He started to feel dizzy from the sight as well as his own exhaustion and he had to run off to vomit.

Who would do something like this? Why would anyone do this? How could anyone be so depraved? Those were the main questions plaguing his mind. "So? What do you think?" Luka felt his questions had been answered upon hearing that voice. His face contorted with rage and he drew his sword, charging in the direction of the voice.

"ATTANO!!!" Luka shouted as he sliced down at the harbinger, only for it to strike air as usual. He didn't care, though. Luka continued slashing the reappearing Attano only for him to disappear again every time. "HOW. COULD. YOU. DO. THIS!" He emphasized every word with a slash, but to no avail. He was exhausted and badly injured, but the indignant rage and adrenaline kept him going. Instead of an answer, though, Attano began to laugh.

"Why are you blaming me? This is all you, Sokolov!" Luka stopped cold. What the hell? What is he trying to pull? Attano kept talking, seemingly struggling to get the words out through his laughter. "This is your work of art! And through a hug? Brilliant!" Suddenly it all made sense to Luka. This was his fault. The power he had sworn to never use, it somehow... Attano saw the horrified look of realization on Luka's face and laughed harder. "You mean you did this by accident?! Ahahaha, oh, my sides! You're kidding me, right? Oh, man, haha!" Attano was sick, but remembering the image of that innocent little girl, Luka could say the same about himself. The thing that harbinger was looking for...this had to be it. This power could be devastating in the wrong hands; Attano's hands.

There were no words for Luka, what could he possibly say? His eyes continuously darted from corpse to corpse, always returning to the body of that little girl who had spread this mystery plague to the entire village because of him. His preeminent thought was What have I done? but there was another voice in his head that was saying Mission accomplished, good work. He couldn't bear to be here any longer, so he made a portal and dashed through it. Attano didn't try stopping him or even following him. He seemed satisfied enough.

Luka returned to Limbo, but he didn't stop running. He didn't even stop to check on Spencer who was on the ground near where the portal had left him, he just ran and ran, not even seeing where he was running. At some point, his damaged legs gave out and thrust his face into the ground where he stayed, not bothering to get up. Instead, tears flooded from his eyes with no signs of stopping. He shuddered at the memory of what he had done, the image of that little girl. There he stayed, wallowing in his misery even after his tears had all dried up until he finally passed out from exhaustion.

Years

Adrian Frode

Adrian lay flat on the rooftop for several minutes after Masato had left. He hadn't expected such a simple mission to take so much out of him and wished that he had resorted to magic earlier.
It looks like I'm still somewhat feeling the effects of being run through with a sharp object repeatedly after all. Calder, you have no idea how many times I'm going to stab you in that arrogant face of yours....

Eventually Adrian pushed himself to his feet with a sigh and sheathed his trademark charcoal-coloured sword... the last dregs of demon-spider still dissolving on the blade.
"Yuck... how come Masato didn't have to get stuck with the damn spiders...". Adrian summoned up a portal and in an instant found himself in the dull air of the Reapers' home.
"Home swe... well home" he chuckled to himself and headed back to his small house to continue resting up before his next mission.
Where did that extra demon come from...

???

"Well?" The hooded figure was standing on a plateau in the centre of a large cave that was covered in ornate carvings each of which that pulsated with his powerful magic. Before him a small group of men and women, all dressed in white were assembled. These were the best the harbingers had to offer, the most loyal and most powerful soldiers amongst his followers.
"Reports" he ordered the group. A tall, thin man near the front of the assembled harbingers whose features were hidden by a white robe stood and in a calculated, silky voice said to his leader
"Four Reapers who thought they were going after a large demon in the Ukraine are now dead. They were quite surprised to see me their instead." Another man was the next to report, a grin on his features as he recounted what had occurred on his own mission
"One, my brother actually, dead and another critically wounded in the Amazon."
"Is that all Artemis? Laughable" a huge man laughed loudly behind Kalek's brother.
"Well how did you do Aries? Or do you still still struggle to count past one?"
"I killed seven in the Gobi."
"Seven looks an awful lot like the number one..."
"ENOUGH!" the figure on the plateau roared "I will not have you bickering like children in my presence, foolishness like this could prevent us from toppling the reapers. Move along. Attano?" Attano's laughing voice could be picked up from the back of the room
"Unfortunately I didn't kill either of my targets. However, one accidentally slaughtered a whole village without need, I think my words of encouragement will cause enough chaos to more than make up for that."

The reports continued for a short while. Kris has killed a small patrol in the Daintree, Zulu had failed in killing two reapers with a demon he had manufactured and their army was set to grow significantly in the near future.
"We appear to be on track then" the figure looming over the assembled harbingers stated in a cold, even tone "we are quickly eliminating the reapers that spoke out strongest against us and we have halted any plans to bring in assistance from reapers handling other realms. We are getting very close to taking down the human reapers, from their we'll move on to other realms and soon we will have freed the multiverse from the oppression and control of the grim reapers."
and I will rule everything, a deity.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017

Telepathy
Thoughts

Camillia watched as Masato put his fingers to the spot she had kissed and he smiled making her smile in return. "I...I understand," he said clearing his throat and Camillia chuckled. "Is there anything I can do to help you with all this? I'm afraid I don't know hardly anything about chemicals, but I'm eager to learn...if you'll allow me."

If you'd like to learn, I can teach you the basics. she smiled at him and moved over to the antidotes she was brewing. there is a harbinger now that an use poisons as well. I'll need all the help I can get to make sure we have enough antidotes just in case she grabbed a ladle and stirred a yellow colored concoction.

the first thing to learn really is what herbs to mix to make what poison and what to use to make that poisons antidote she stirred a few more times before pulling a book of her bookshelf and handing it to Masato.

This book lists all the herbs I use for what and how to use them. I put it together when I was still a mortal. This was a hobby of mine back then too she sighed. Made me look even more like a witch then my ability to see things other mortals could not.

Back