• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Trumpets: A Hoenn RP [T] | OOC Thread

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
  • Hoenn_Map.jpg

Trumpets​

A Hoenn Journey Roleplay​

Rated [T] | 5 slots left
    IC Thread | OOC Thread

Natural. This would be the word that could describe Hoenn in its entirety. There are very few large cities in the region as most of the areas are covered up forests, plains, and the Hoenn Desert. Hoenn also has the largest water route that is passable without the use of ships or boats. It has a tropical-like environment, with forests covering up almost sixty-percent of the landmass. There is only one true volcano, Mt. Chimney, which developed in the region. It is also constantly riddled by various weather patterns, such as intense rainstorm, drought, sandstorms, and falling ash from the mountain. It is a really diverse region when it comes to geography.

However, trainers do not flock here to sight-see. The Pokemon League, situated in Evergrande City, offers great challenges to trainers who aim to gather the eight badges the region has to offer and take a shot at the regional League. If an individual is not interested in taking the challenge of the Hoenn circuit but still wants to experience the joys of battling, Hoenn offers the most expansive Battle Frontier out of all the regions. He or she can challenge the seven Frontier Brains who specialize in a unique field, be it rental battle or the natural fighting style of each Pokemon.

As a trainer, you strive to explore the region and see what it has to offer. You decided to challenge the Gym Circuit and collect the badges. You might, one day, strive to champion the Pokemon League. With your Pokemon who you have to meet along the way, you are determined to grow both in strength and in character to call yourself worthy enough of the title, Pokemon Master.

Do you have what it takes?

How the RP works:​

This would be, by large, a sandbox RP. You would be free to do anything, so long as it remains within reason. As GM, however, I will moderate the areas that would be open to you. I will be directing your adventure towards the goal (that is, the Pokemon League) but you are free to do whatever you want during the journey. Make friends or enemies. Travel alone or together. Collect all Pokemon or try to barrel through the region with only your starter Pokemon. It is all up to you.

All players will be starting in Littleroot Town and progress from there. Routes and new areas will be closed to all players until they have managed to finish a quest or an event. However, once open, it will remain open indefinitely for you to come back to unless I specify it.

Capturing Pokemon​

There would be no limit on the Pokemon to be caught. The PC system is up and running so once you go over the six Pokemon limit, every Pokemon caught would be automatically sent to the cloud. The list of Pokemon available for capture would be provided by the GM everytime a new route is opened up.

When attempting to capture a Pokemon, the post must be ended with the ball shaking. The GM will decide if the capture attempt is successful or not. If it is not successful, feel free to try again.

There will be no acquiring legendaries in this RP. They would not play any special part in the RP, plot-wise, but feel free to encounter them.

Trading Pokemon is only allowed between players. That means no NPC-trading as this could complicate things as you can catch a Zigzagoon and trade it for a Metagross any time you want.

Moves​

A maximum of 6 moves per Pokemon is set. Moves must be legal on a Pokemon including Egg Moves and Tutors. However, there is no need for a complicated series of breeding a Pokemon just to get a certain move or getting to a specific place for a tutor. It is up to you when and where to teach your Pokemon new moves. As always, be realistic. TMs and HMs are non-existent.

For HM moves, it is naturally learned by a Pokemon. There is no need for an HM move to take up one of the move slots. However, ensure that the specific Pokemon that will be using that HM (if needed) can legally use it in the game.

Evolution​

There would be no leveling-based, trade-based and happiness-based evolutions in the RP. It would be up to the player if he or she wants to evolve his Pokemon, barring evolutions that requires stones. In this case, the required stone must be acquired during the RP.

In the case that a player deems an evolution to be coming, he or she must notify the GM and wait for GM's approval.

Gyms and Gym Battles​

Refer to ORAS Gym Leaders for the gym circuit leader set. A player can directly challenge a gym leader with any battle type he or she might think of, unless otherwise stated by the GM.

A Pokemon that is available for a Gym Leader's use will also be provided. It is up to the player to choose what Pokemon the Gym Leader will use from this roster.

Team Magma and Team Aqua​

The setting of the RP happened after the Delta Episode in ORAS. Team Magma and Aqua is no longer existent. However, members are still dotting the region, living their lives normally. There is nothing stopping you from interacting with them, as long as there would be no mass movement from these people.

Archie and Maxie, however, will be making an appearance later in the story.

Rules and Regulations​

- Rated T. Keep it that way.
    - Follow all the RP Corner and RP Lounge rules and we will be fine.
    - There will only be eighteen spots open. However, if I feel that the RP has gained enough attention, I can leave more spots open.
    - Be friendly to people!
    - No one is unbeatable, no matter how that Hoenn theme goes. No one is unbeatable.

Sign-Up Sheet​

Name:

Hometown: Anywhere in the world. However, do not use non-canon locations (that is, locations that couldn't be found in any of the games, core series or not)

Appearance: Pictures are appreciated. Written descriptions too. Whatever sails your boat.

Personality: Mention your battling style, strengths, weaknesses, and how you act around other people.

History: OPTIONAL. You can mention or develop your character's history during the RP.

Starter Pokemon: List provided below. Include gender and moveset. Nickname if possible.

Starter Pokemon
    Available ones would be front sprites. Back sprites would be reservations.
    4.gif
    1.gif
    152.gif
    393.gif
    653.gif

List of Players​
    Click for SU

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think I'll try to be a player here and only be GM for Begin Again, actually :3 maybe you'll do the same, respectively? Please reserve Cyndaquil for me!

jombii

Years
  • ^Yeah, I was thinking of the same thing. I'm still not sure. If all slots are taken, then yeah. I'll just GM here.

Cyndaquil is reserved for you, though! :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I wasn't sure if you wanted us to get a pokémon from a professor or not. If you did, will this Cyndaquil story work? If it's not necessary, I can take away the professor part and just say she found a wild Cyndaquil instead. But then it wouldn't make much sense for her to travel to Littleroot, unless you could only register for the league at the lab there or something. Anyways, hope you like her!

abert_zps2bc8eeac.png
    Name: Abertina Jack

Hometown: Oldale Town

Appearance: On the short side. Dark-ish red hair and maroon eyes, with freckles lining the pale skin on her cheeks, nose and also shoulders. Her physique is good, with a great stamina and strong arms and legs without it showing too much. This comes from her job. On her journey, she wears practical clothing that is suitable for a warm country like Hoenn, including a blue bandana, gloves with good grip, and glasses because she is somewhat near sighted.

Personality: Abertina is fascinated by fire. Having worked in the forest a lot, she has learned to be cautious and even alarmed at any sight of a flame, but she thinks it's beautiful nonetheless. She knows her way around the outdoors and how to find shelter and climb and find edible berries, as well as avoid wild pokémon when necessary. She has never owned a pokémon of her own; the strong pokémon helping out in her work don't count. They are not that friendly anyways. One of the things that interest Abertina the most is how different people can be. She has never met two people that were too similar in her eyes and manages to find something unique about everyone and can see strengths in even those who don't believe they possess any. Since she hasn't had much experience with pokémon, she also wonders if pokémon have such unique personalities as humans, even though many pokémon look more or less exactly the same as their kin.

As a person, Abertina is mostly cheerful and optimistic. It will take a lot for her to see a situation as hopeless, as she always tries to find the light in any trouble. She can be gutsy, even to the point that she comes across as self centered and ignorant of other people's feelings at times. This is very much not true, rather she can get so focused on a single person that she tends to view the rest of the world as less important until she has figured out the object of her current focus. She is afraid of the dark and absolutely loves stories about aliens, legendary pokémon, ghosts and other unexplained phenomena. She might not be the most intelligent person in the bunch when it comes to things like mathematics, logic or even history - she never got any higher education than high school and didn't think she needed it either. But she has her bright moments and can make sense of things that others wouldn't, especially when it comes to the wilderness or emotions.

I refer to her as Abertina in this SU, but I think I'll make people refer to her as Jack IC actually.

History: Abertina has been working as a lumberjack in the woods around Oldale for years now. But disaster struck and their whole factory and equipment burned down for unknown reasons. However, Abertina did find a lonely little Charmander in the rubble and suspected that it was responsible for lighting the fire. Now out of work, with her parents on her back about getting a new job somewhere, Abertina has decided to let her life take a dramatic turn. Instead of just finding a new job, this might have been the catalytic event she needed to get out into the world and experience things instead of staying in the safe routines of her tiny hometown. She brought Charmander with her to Littleroot Town to ask the pokémon professor there for a pokédex, and it turned out that Charmander had actually escaped from the lab there in the first place. Tasked with making the little pokémon repent for its recklessness by becoming a strong, successful partner to its new trainer, Abertina is now setting out to journey Hoenn and collect the gym badges.

Pokémon Team:
    Spoiler:

Acquaintances:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

jombii

Years
  • The Pokedex thing is why I am to have you start in Littleroot Town, so your story is really fine. You're ACCEPTED! Also, Jack Lumberjack

I'm still not sure if getting the Pokedex is a prerequisite in registering for the league, but hey. Players in this RP will be given a Pokedex in Littleroot, by Birch, and that is why you will start there. :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Cool! Let's hope some more sign up soon so I can put my plans for cray Jack into action :3

jombii

Years
  • RESERVED.

I actually failed to mention this but reservations can only last for 48 hours. :)

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Okay then! This will be my 48 hour placeholder then!

The Trainer Arc

Seraphine "Sora" Katri||20 years old||Female
    From The Earths of Verdanturf Town

XY_Pok%C3%A9mon_Breeder_F.png
    Seraphine stands approximately five feet and seven inches tall, and she only weighs about 120 pounds. She has soft, brown chocolate eyes and long, brown hair. As a farmer, she wears a stained, old yellow shirt with a green apron that carries smudges from years of working. She has on latex gloves and worn out brown boots and a satchel on her waist that carries tools. When she's not working in the farm, she usually wears faded jeans, worn out black sneakers, and a faded red shirt. She pulls her hair in a ponytail, and she doesn't wear any makeup. She wears a sturdier black satchel.

Personality: Seraphine cares much for her loved ones, and even strangers, who can't help themselves out. Given that she grew up in a humble farm, she enjoys the labor and always enjoyed the company of others, having the time and patience to hear them out. She's hardly ever sad, and her optimism towards life makes people get annoyed by it or appreciate it. Sure she sometimes has to put up with criticism a lot, but she shrugs it off and continues to do what is expected of her. Seraphine has a big heart, and there isn't a single person that she looks down on, only those that she gets intimidated by. Despite how one can appear, Searphine believes that everyone has some good in them, no matterhow dark their motives are.

Although she means well, sometimes her clumsy and naïve nature can irritate any person quickly. Another thing is that she isn't brave, and she would practically rot behind a desk out of fear. Her happiness can come too often, and it usually follows in the worst of situations, and sometimes she doesn't get the meaning of no. Seraphine can be childish to situations where she's expected to be mature. Also, she can get carried away with her jokes, and they're pretty corny truth be told. Speaking of the truth, Seraphine knows how to keep a secret, and she won't tell the truth for the sake of peacekeeping. She also trusts people too much, and therefore others can easily take advantage of this.

~History will be developed throughout the RP~

Buddy's Arc

387.gif
    Buddy
    Male

Razor Leaf||Superpower||Earth Power||Seed Bomb||Iron Tail||Crunch

Last edited:

jombii

Years
  • You are reserved! :) Please take note of the 48 hour reservation period.

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years
  • Oh man, would love to join this, but I dunno which starter to pick.

... I'll get back to you with a reserve once I've decided.

jombii

Years
  • Chimchar is always safe answer. A fire monkey is a logical way to answer any question.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Placeholders are fun.

The Trainer

Name: Noah Victons

Hometown: Jubilife City - Sinnoh

Appearance:
    __male_pkmn_trainer___commission_for_scattystorm___by_kysel-d5yaa2c.png

Noah stands at 5'8". I couldn't do a written description to save my life. Luckily, found this. It's exactly what I'm going for.

Personality: Noah is generally an intelligent person, but is often seen as hot-headed and ignorant. While this is mostly true, there is more to him. He is an excellent leader, though he often prefers to work alone. He has always had an interest in Pokemon battling, and wants to be a Gym Leader one day. Noah is not the most social person, but his history would explain why. When he does get involved in a conversation with someone, however, he talks a lot. He is able to bond well with most people, but chooses not to. This is not true with Pokemon, as he enjoys being with them. Noah always wants to do things his own way. He is often way too confident in himself. In battle, he tends to poison or burn the enemy then stall it out until the opponent's Pokeon faints. If he is not able to do this, he starts off with overusing a move like Smokescreen, then go all out with brute force.

History: Will be developed throughout the RP. It's pretty dramatic, so this is the best way to unfold it.

The Partner

656.gif
    Indigo - Male
    Growl - Pound - Lick - Water Pulse - Smoke Screen - Camouflage

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    Name: Amy Aldred
    Hometown: Rustboro City

Appearance: Attached Thumbnails

Personality: Amy is a very open and friendly person, who likes being around other people (and pokémon), especially children. Because of that, most people tend to like Amy. However, sometimes she's a little to friendly, since it also makes her very naive, something which makes some people take advantage of her. People often tell her she wouldn't make a good pokémon trainer, since she's too kind to pokémon.

History: Amy grew up in Rustboro City with her parents. Her father was a scientist at the Devon Corporation, where he worked with fossils. Sometimes he took one home to show it to Amy. She always pretended to be very interested, but mostly because she knew how much her father loved to talk about them. Amy herself was more interested in her mothers job, who was a florist. She often helped her in the shop, and she loved doing so. However, for her own future, Amy has different plans. Her dream is to become a teacher at the trainers' school in Rustboro. She spends a lot of time at the school already, just to help where she can, and all the kids like her very much. Amy now wants to make it her full-time job, but before she does, she wants to see a bit more from the world than just the area around Rustboro. That's why she decided to sign-up for the Pokémon League in Evergrande City. The people around her tell her that she's too nice to her pokémon, and that because of that, she wouldn't make a good pokémon trainer. To Amy, that's just another motivation to prove them wrong.

Starter Pokemon: Joli (Chikorita, Male) | Tackle; Growl; Razor Leaf; Poison Powder; Synthesis; Aromatherapy

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Can i reserve Torchic? maybe today, tomorrow or the day after tomorrow my SU will be done.

jombii

Years
  • Jegretis is RESERVED for Chespin
    TheRaccoon is RESERVED for Chikorita
    Century is RESERVED for Squirtle
    Gelius3 is RESERVED for Torchic

@TheRaccoon is your SU done? :)) I don't want to accept any unfinished SU's. And you might have something to add more to your SU.

Back