• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Trumpets: A Hoenn RP [T] | OOC Thread

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Trumpets: A Hoenn RP [T] | OOC Thread
    Name: Tabitha Rose

Hometown: Nimbasa City, Unova

Appearance: Tabitha stands at a height of about 5'9" with a somewhat slender body build. She has long, crimson-red hair that she keeps pulled up into a rather tight and high ponytail. She also has pale, chocolate-brown eyes. Her facial features can sometimes make her look more than a little bit intimidating. Her eyes are a bit on the narrow side and it appears that she is either frowning or at the very least smirking constantly. Tabitha's clothing is quite fitting for the more seasonably warmer temperatures of Hoenn. She tends to always wear tank tops and skirts with a pair of black, tight shorts beneath them. A pair of black, fingerless gloves can usually be found on her hands with a matching, black bandanna on her head. Even when she goes without these two accessories, Tabitha will always make sure to wear her black, leather vest and white scarf. A pair of brown boots commonly adorn her feet and she sports a tattoo of a Koffing on her left shoulder.

Personality: Rebellious. A troublemaker. Crafty. Sneaky. All of these are words that unfortunately describe Tabitha quite well. Tabitha is a girl that hates the norm and prefers to keep to herself rather than mix with the company of others. She can be downright mean spirited, and is not afraid to bend the truth or the rules to her own advantage... and definitely is not afraid to use others to further her own means. Other than herself and the few friends she managed to meet back home in Unova happens to be her trusty companion, a Tepig she affectionately named Hamton.

Despite all this, Tabitha is home to a somewhat adventurous soul. She thrives on going through new experiences and most certainly does not care to stick around in one place for too long. Even though she normally does keep to herself and tries to avoid interacting with others, Tabitha constantly finds herself becoming quite talkative if it is a subject or something else she finds quite interesting. Tabitha unfortunately has a soft spot for cute things... and tries to keep it a secret at all costs, feeling that it would make others think she was soft.

History: Tabitha was born and raised in NImbasa City of the Unova region. She never really knew who her father was, and spent most of her life being raised by her mother. At least, that was what it looked like on paper. In reality, her mother often had to work two jobs which left Tabitha with... more than bit of time to wander around and get into trouble. It was something that started to reflect in her school life and with those around her. Tabitha would often get into fights, cut class, and all the like. As time grew on, Tabitha's wild antics only continued. Eventually, she became a genuine high school dropout, instead choosing to spend her time running about with a gang of rowdy, hell-raising thugs... all while she was only 17. It was during this time that Tabitha happened to meet her best friend in life, a stray Tepig she named Hamton. No one is quite sure just how the two happened to form such a close relationship... It is a secret that the girl has kept deep in her heart all this time.

Eventually, Tabitha would end up biting more than she could chew. After managing to land herself in trouble with the law, she was forced to pack up and shipped off to live with her aunt and uncle in the far-off region of Hoenn with the attempt that the time away from all those troublemakers and negative influences would be enough to rehabilitate her. Unfortunately, those thoughts were merely... thoughts. Tabitha simply could not stand the calm and quiet life she was being forced into and constantly dreamed of running off and trying to find a way back to her friends that she had left behind in Unova. The only problem was, Tabitha did not have the slightest inkling as to how she would pull this off. That is, until she remembered that she did have a Pokémon. She figured that if nothing else, Tabitha could use the career of a Pokémon trainer to fund her trip back home. After all, becoming the champion of the Hoenn region had to be a profitable career... right?

Though this is probably more than a little vague, rest assured that further details of Tabitha and Hamton will be developed through the course of the RP.

Starter Pokémon: Tepig

Nickname: Hamton

Moveset: Ember, Odor Sleuth, Flame Charge, Defense Curl, Body Slam, Taunt

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Carnivore Chie is RESERVED for Tepig.

May I remind all reserved people that they only have 48 hours of reservation to finish their SU's. :)

Century

CANDY FUCHSiA BUiCK
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2019
    Name: Seth Anton

Hometown: Pewter City, Kanto

Appearance: Seth stands in at about 6'2". His unkept hair, which is a thick dirty blond is usually pushed back ala hockey hair. He is Caucasian, with a slight tan. A pair of black sunglasses typically covers his bright blue eyes. His attire mostly consists of a white shirt underneath a colored track coat. He is mostly in a pair of slightly ripped blue jeans, which is switched depending on the occasion. He is always carrying a Pokemon belt, carrying his active party, with his Pokeballs behind his back. A red pouch hangs over his left front pant pocket containing empty Pokeballs. Carrying the rest of his items is a black, slightly tattered backpack, as well as extra clothes and ect. His left back pocket always contains a can of tobacco.

Personality: Seth is a very likable person from the instant you meet him. He comes across as a wisecracker, always chiming in with something humorous to say. However, when it comes to battle it is a complete different story, as his competitive nature makes him a very hard person to battle against. He trains his Pokemon with the intention to become the Elite 4 champion (as any other trainer, I suppose). His Pokemon are brought up on the idea that winning is important, but it is also important to show compassion for your opponents.

Seth is very determined, and when his mind is set on something, he does it. He isn't the brightest crayon in the box, so sometimes this will lead him to trouble. Everything aside, he's pretty level headed and doesn't have a temper. It would take a lot to make Seth mad. When he's travelling (or doing anything else for that matter), you can usually find him with a dip of tobacco in his lip.

History: I'd like to develop it through the RP if that is alright.

Starter Pokemon:

Squirtle
    Male
    [ Tackle | Water Gun | Withdraw | Bubble | Bite | Protect ]

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    Jegretis is RESERVED for Chespin
    TheRaccoon is RESERVED for Chikorita
    Century is RESERVED for Squirtle
    Gelius3 is RESERVED for Torchic

@TheRaccoon is your SU done? :)) I don't want to accept any unfinished SU's. And you might have something to add more to your SU.

I'm sorry. Yes, it's done, unless you feel like something is missing.

jombii

Years
  • RedJ is RESERVED for Piplup

Also, @TheRaccoon. Nothing really. I just thought you might be adding more. Anyway, you're ACCEPTED. :)

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years
  • Alright, I think I've decided. Reserve me Totodile.

Edit: You know what? I lied. Gimme Treecko instead.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    And since I'm part of this, you can count on the IC to get through quickly ;);)

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    My SU!

Name: Gelius Clayton Clark

Hometown: Lavaridge Town

Appearance: Gelius stands at 5 feet and 11 inches and weighs 124 pounds. He has red eyes and brown hair. His hair is all messy and wild. His skin is cream colored tone and has a scar on his right shoulder due to a surgery.

He usually wears a black t-shirt under his green jacket with black stripes. He wears blue jeans and black tennis shoes. He wears black gloves on the hands. He wears a black hat on the head to cover his mess and wild hair. He carries a green bag with him. He is sometimes seen with a scarf, when the weather is cold.

Personality: Gelius is a stubborn guy who loves to battle. He is sometimes reckless and idiot. However Gelius has a heart of gold and loves to help anyone. He is quite friendly and smart. He can even sacrifice himself for the ones he cares.

His battle style was developed over the years. He does fast reactions and thinks always in another plan when the previous one fails. He studies about his enemies an opponents before challenging them.

He is very popular between girls around his town. However, Gelius does not even know if this is an advantage or a disadvantage. Gelius was very good at hiking, but since after the accident, he started to be afraid of entering a cave or hiking. He also suffers some aches from the right shoulder.

History: Gelius born and grew up in Lavaridge Town with his older sister and his grandparents. He used to study in Rustboro City, but the way to school was way dangerous. When Gelius turned 3, he developed a love for a specific pokemon, Torchic. He had a small Torchic plush, and when he turned 4, he recieved his own pokemon, a Torchic. Torchic initially was a family pokemon but when Gelius turned 7, Num, a Numel, came home under his Sister's treatment. Since then Torchic became Gelius' own pokemon. He used to battle with Num everyday.

When Gelius turned 12, he started to train with some gym trainers to become stronger. When he turned 14, he decided to explore the Mt. Chimney. However, a group of powerful pokemon attacked him, making him serious wound, including the shoulder that was moved out of his place, and was hospitalized by 1 week, recovering on the next 2 months. Yet he suffers from aches on the shoulder.

Now Gelius is 19 years old, has his partner Torchic, and was about to start his journey. Now he is on Route 101, almost reaching Littleroot. Lets see what awaits to them

Starter Pokemon:
    Turbo - Male - Moveset: Ember, Bounce, Crush Claw, Flame Burst, Night Slash, Heat Wave

Done! Tell me if something is wrong.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Here is my SU:

Name: Mako Vernon

Hometown: Floaroma Town

Appearance: I will have a rough sketch up sometime this week :) But here is a written appearance for now!

Standing at around 6'1" feet, Mako is a pretty tall fellow, yet also chubby, weighing in at around 190-200lbs. He was always a bit hefty compared to other children, and he has been the target of bullying for most of his younger years because of this (keep in mind, he's not obese or anything). Working on a farm has given him a solid build though. He has short and wavy dark brown hair. His eyes are also a nice shade of blue and his face is generally free of acne, save for the occasional pimple or two that will arise every so often. Most people would say he's actually not bad looking. He wears a grey t-shirt and light brown cargo shorts. Attached to his waist, hangs a light brown belt that holds his Pokéballs (only the ones that have Pokémon in them). On his left hand is a silver watch, and on his feet, he wears casual black shoes (nothing too fancy really).

Personality: Growing up on a farm, Mako is rather hardy. If he is given a task, he will try his best to complete it. Not exactly shy, Mako has no problem talking or interacting with new people. Certainly not clingy, he knows when to take a hint if people do not like him, or do not want to socialize with him, as bullying has made him learn to tolerate people and understand when he's not wanted. He's not exactly a total downer, as he does have generally a cheery mood. In terms of getting angry, he does have a level of tolerance before he blows a fuse. Nothing really offends him too much, and rarely would most things being said actually cause him to fume. He does however take offense to personal insults to his family, as he does care for them. He's pretty much willing to do anything for his family, whether it be favours or simple chores.

He also likes to crack a lot of jokes, although he tries to avoid saying anything too cheesy. He does get a tad insecure about things, and one of them is what people think of him (although he may not show it). He could also be considered naive, as he often gives people the benefit of the doubt, unless they prove to be distrustful otherwise. If that happens, he won't exactly completely avoid talking to the person, but he will be weary of them and often try to give second chances when necessary.

History: I Think I'll showcase this throughout the RP :)

Starter Pokemon:

Chespin (M) - Pike
    Moves:
    • Vine Whip
    • Rollout
    • Tackle
    • Bite
    • Leech Seed
    • Synthesis

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
  • (EDIT #2: My friend decided to go above and beyond,and rewritten the whole entire SU! I hope you like what he did with it!) (EDIT: Fixed some things that now seemed.....wrong.....in the SU. Also changed and added some things. I keep looking carefully,and tried my best to destroy most of the wrong in my SU. I'm sorry for my mistakes. If something is wrong,I shall correct it ASAP.)
    Hooray,another RP! I'm wondering,can there be a contest arc thingy? To me,this won't be a Hoenn RP without contests! Anyways,here's my SU. I hope I will be accepted!

Hometown: Anistar City,Kalos

Appearance:

Personality:

Kristia is only concerned with having fun. As much as she enjoys winning, it was always about the joy of the competition. Whether in a sparring match with a friend or a true battle with a foe, she will give her all and expect nothing less of her opponent. She is very adventurous and loves having her friends along, whether it is for Pokemon battles, contests, or even dancing to music and eating cookies. She is also very affectionate and quick to give hugs to family and friends alike. When choosing Pokemon for her team, she often prefers to choose the cutest of the lot. She is noble and determined, never giving up and never failing to help those in need.

Don't let that fool you, however, as she is a tomboy at heart and won't often be found wearing frilly dresses and the like. Despite her fun loving side, she tends to be quite shy around most people, only letting her true side show to her friends or those who she deems important enough to open up to. This may lead some to think she is unapproachable, but it is often because she is concerned with something important or someone who decided to get on her bad side. Her close friends usually know that a surprise tickle attack will get her back to her laughing and cheery self.

She has never been to a formal school, but that doesn't mean she isn't smart. She is very tech savvy, and loves finding new gadgets to play with, often getting extremely excited and giggling madly when she gets her hands on it. She hopes one day to become a computer programmer herself.

History:
    Kristia had a rough childhood. Having been born with autism, she found it difficult to make friends and was often made fun of. She was also quite lonely, having no siblings and only her father to raise her due to her parents divorcing when she was 5. Her father, however, was very caring toward her, always being her friend and comforting her whenever the other kids had made fun of her or bullied her, or when her attempts at making friends failed and she would end up being teased instead. He was always there with a smile on his face and a warm embrace to make her smile again. She doesn't understand why her mother left, and she often wonders why her family hasn't told her, but that hasn't stopped her from loving them nor does it mean they don't care for her.

Every year on her birthday, all of her family, except her mother, comes from all around to see her and bring her a present. Her 16th birthday saw a very special present from her grandmother, a lover of travel who has seen much of the world. Her grandmother brought for Kristia her very own Fennekin and offered to take her on a trip to Hoenn. Although she has had no formal training in the art of raising a Pokemon, she has studied on her own and has been self-taught most of the basics. Following along with her grandmother, she and her Fennekin, whom she named Buu, are looking forward to the chance of receiving their very own Pokedex and starting on a journey to become a Pokemon master.
    (I'm thinking about developing her history throughout the RP.)

Starter Pokemon: Fennekin
    Nickname: Buu
    Moves:
    Ember,Psybeam,Light Screen,Flame Charge,Howl,Return

Last edited:

jombii

Years
  • Logical Cabbage is ACCEPTED!
    Jegretis is ACCEPTED!

GoldenHouou is RESERVED for Treecko.

Illuminarty: GoldenHouou took Treecko. If you want, you can still go for other starters?

@gangueevee: SU means Sign-up. Also, there are several things on your SU that I find contradicting somehow. First, can you have the format of your SU fixed? Instead of having several sentences, try bringing them together to one or two cohesive paragraph/s. Also, you mention that "she never talks mostly to people" but "gives hugs to whoever wants it." I can't imagine someone who cannot freely talk to people and yet be able to hug them if they need it. I see her as a quiet girl but I cannot connect or see her as laughing like a crazy man.

And there are some wrong usage of verbs in your SU.

Also, why the grandmother? Where are her parents? I know it could be developed in the RP, but since you did a history part, might as well include these kinds of things.

Fix this things and I think we're fine to go. For now, RESERVED for Fennekin.

Also, some reminders.

@Gelius3, RedJ, CarnivoreChie and Veevee: Your reservations will expire in almost twelve hours. However, since I'm a benevolent GM, I will be giving the four of you until tomorrow, January 21, 10 PM to finish your SU. That is almost 24 hours from this post.

Thank you all for your interests. :)

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    I finished my SU! Tell me if something is wrong. (About appearance, history, personalty, grammar errors, etc...).

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
  • @gangueevee: SU means Sign-up. Also, there are several things on your SU that I find contradicting somehow. First, can you have the format of your SU fixed? Instead of having several sentences, try bringing them together to one or two cohesive paragraph/s. Also, you mention that "she never talks mostly to people" but "gives hugs to whoever wants it." I can't imagine someone who cannot freely talk to people and yet be able to hug them if they need it. I see her as a quiet girl but I cannot connect or see her as laughing like a crazy man.

And there are some wrong usage of verbs in your SU.

Also, why the grandmother? Where are her parents? I know it could be developed in the RP, but since you did a history part, might as well include these kinds of things.

Fix this things and I think we're fine to go. For now, RESERVED for Fennekin.

Wow,I'm kinda an idiot. Really. I should have noticed these things from the start! (Although I sometimes don't see differences between verbs and non-verbs......)
    I'm gonna try to fix this,and hope that it looks right. Sorry.....

Years
  • Name: Kai Wade

Hometown: Slateport City

Appearance: Standing at exactly 6'0 and weighing in at 183 lbs, Kai is rather muscular and about as fit as one his age can get, along with having a slight tan. This combined with his typical outfit may be cause for alarm upon first approach...or confusion. His outfit isn't quite what one would expect of someone living in Hoenn; despite the region's tropical climate, he tends to wear a pair of tan cargo pants and a black leather jacket, though a closer examination of his pants reveals that there are zippers around the knee section that allow him to remove the bottom leg portion at any time, and he leaves his jacket open in addition to it having its left sleeve ripped off, leaving his arm exposed except for the sleeve of the white shirt he wears underneath his jacket and a gray bandana wrapped just above his elbow. Along with those, Kai also wears a pair of black and white sneakers, black fingerless gloves, sunglasses and additional black bandana on his head, keeping most of his short sandy blonde hair and blue eyes hidden.

Personality: Loud, rowdy, overconfident and prideful, Kai acts as one would expect of someone dressed like he is. Kai is sure to always make his presence known wherever he goes and has absolutely no qualms about throwing himself into a fight, though his overconfidence tends to ensure that things don't always work in his favor. He also absolutely refuses help from others, no matter his own circumstances.

Despite all this, Kai's tough act is just that- an act. Once one gets to know Kai, they will find that he is not only jovial and friendly, but also extremely kind, going out of his way to help others whenever he can, a fact that he will vehemently deny or make him attempt to change the subject should anyone call him out on this in comparison to his usual outward behavior.

However, all of that goes out the window at the mention of Devon Corporation. Upon learning that someone or something is associated with the company in any way, Kai will become completely hostile towards them. In fact, Kai's hatred of the company runs so deep that he refuses to use anything produced by the company unless absolutely necessary.

History: Will be developed through the RP.

Starter Pokemon:

Piplup | Hector | Male
    Pound
    | Bubble | Peck | Water Sport | Bide | Fury Attack

And I think that's it. Let me know if I need to change/add anything.

jombii

Years
  • @Gelius3: There are some articles missing from your SU, so I suggest you proofread it again. Also, some "has" seems to be misplaced in places.

Also, why is his aiming not good? Why is aiming even important? It's a fact that seems to be important with your character, but isn't really given the focus. Also, when you RP, take note of his aching shoulder. I think even after recovering for two months, that kind of wound would leave something behind.

Fix the following above and you're accepted. :) so PENDING

Illuminarty is RESERVED for Bulbasaur!

RedJ is ACCEPTED! It makes me curious what made Kai hate Devon. I mean, PokeNav. :)

@gangueevee: Hmm... Okay, few more things. There are still some grammatical errors in your SU. Also, as I said, try to put it in paragraph form instead of pressing 'enter' every sentence. It makes your SU easier to read and much more coherent. Again, PENDING.

Back