• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Android WiFi battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

br00talb

Banned
Years
hello hello hellooooo br00talb here once again! well my suggestions is due to the new wifi multiplayer feature for androids My Boy gba Emulator I think some new battle/trade categories in the gba section. this could turn out high like I've said in other threads. we could start hosting tournaments using the gba games and even other non Pokemon games considering we never could before. idk I just want you guys to look into it it could be fun!

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
Years
Is My Boy! the only Android emulator which has this feature?

I prefer using Gameboid as I've always used it and never had problems but I know it doesn't have such a feature. If other emulators also have the feature though, at least it would open the doors to more people getting involved with such a suggestion.

br00talb

Banned
Years
Is My Boy! the only Android emulator which has this feature?

I prefer using Gameboid as I've always used it and never had problems but I know it doesn't have such a feature. If other emulators also have the feature though, at least it would open the doors to more people getting involved with such a suggestion.

I believe only My Boy has it for android. I mean I been using it for the longest time and yet to have had a problem I like it. and the suck part is the purchase but I mean it's only $5 . I wish it were free then EVERYONE would be down like you said.
if you have the free version you can play online but only with someone who has purchased the app.

edit: it'd be nice to see a Pokemon rom hack based around online play. it would have to be put together perfectly though.

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
Years
I believe only My Boy has it for android. I mean I been using it for the longest time and yet to have had a problem I like it. and the suck part is the purchase but I mean it's only $5 . I wish it were free then EVERYONE would be down like you said.
if you have the free version you can play online but only with someone who has purchased the app.
I'll have to try it out at some point and see if I like it or not. I'm happy enough just completing my current runs with Gameboid for now though.
edit: it'd be nice to see a Pokemon rom hack based around online play. it would have to be put together perfectly though.
Yeah it would but it would be very hard to program it to include too much online play though. I'm sure it'll be done at some point though.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Since this deals with my forum, I'm going to go ahead and say no. For one thing, I don't have an Android to even monitor this and two, if you want to have gen III style battles, surely there are some battle simulators out there that will allow you to do so that way. But yeah. Since this is to a specific phone, not gonna go over with me I'm afraid. If you want to have this kind of thing on your own, that's fine, but I don't think it's gonna be a PC-wide or official thing.

br00talb

Banned
Years
yeah I get it say no more but what's a simulator compared to a real person on the original game lol and I'm sure someone would be willing to monitor it if it even really needs moderating. and I didn't mean like a crazy event or anything right of the bat. I just want ppl to know it exists for android ya know?

Years
What Sydian means by a simulator is "Pokemon Online", which is a way for people to battle competitively against other players without pouring hundreds of hours into developing the perfect Pokemon in the cartridges.

Information on PokeCommunity's own battle server for Pokemon Online can be found here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289012

Also, emulating actual licensed games falls well outside the realm of being legal, and that's where the line happens to be drawn on PC.

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
Only the premium app can be the server, the free users can be clients and maximum of 16 players can be on one server I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back