• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Is there such a moveset like a bulky DDTar set? Because I would like to try it out if there is, otherwise I'll just fool around with EVs/Nautres etc until I make one that works.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Bulky DD Tar probably isn't going to work that well since it needs a maximum speed investment to be effective. Shifting some of the EVs to HP or the defenses not only weakens its offensive power but the extra bulk really isn't going to come into play since it already has some bad common weaknesses to fighting, ground, water ect.

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
Years
Is this set for smeargle ok?

smeargle@ choice scarf
jolly
own tempo
6 hp, 252 def, 252 spdef
spore\magma storm/whirlpool/fire spin
trick
baton pass
substitute

stops things from being set up (trick scarf thing), puts to sleep or immobilizes them, uses substitute for protection, switches out to ddnite, or dddos,ect.

If you have any suggestions, say them.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Well, poop. Oh well. I guess thats what I get for theorymoning.

There is a bulky CB Tar however that lives crazy hits like a Petaya boosted torrent Surf from Empoleon, Specs Aura Sphere from Mewtwo and a LO Gengar Focus Blast etc.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Is this set for smeargle ok?

smeargle@ choice scarf
jolly
own tempo
6 hp, 252 def, 252 spdef
spore\magma storm/whirlpool/fire spin
trick
baton pass
substitute

stops things from being set up (trick scarf thing), puts to sleep or immobilizes them, uses substitute for protection, switches out to ddnite, or dddos,ect.

If you have any suggestions, say them.

I really wouldn't. As far as trick-scarfers go, there are far more effective options out there, like Jirachi, Rotom ect. EVs are messed up too, you'd want max speed with a bulkier spread probably. If you want to use Smeargle, he's best as a lead spiker, where he can best take advantage of Spore \o/

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
Years
Level 67
Likes to thrash about.
Adamant Nature
HP: 208
Atk:271
Sp. Atk: 135
Sp. Def: 157
Speed: 155

[Fire punch] [Earthquake]
[Outrage] [Dragon Dance]

Holding a Yache Berry.

Already has the Effort Ribbon.
It might have the effort ribbon, but did you ev train it?
Also, you might want to change its item to life orb, or dragon plate.

Neighbor

is Hwip.
Years
> ::A Quirky Little Idea?::

Dear PC,
Neighbor here. I was just wondering if it's possible to base a whole competitive WiFi team around everybody's favorite fluff ball, "Furret"! Um. . . so if you please, post your thoughts or ideas on, Movesets, EV breakdowns, or even valuable partners that have the 'amazing synergy' with the furry little critter.
- Love. Neighbor.

Here's what I have so far for moves...

• Protect

• Super Fang

As for partners I'm stuck. If you want to suggest one, add extra information explaining your choice.

[P.s.]
I would like Furret to play a support role, while doing damage to the other team.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Lol gonna go ahead and request a moveset for... Mew =P

Best mew sets are the following.

Mew@Leftovers
252 HP / 190 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm nature
- Taunt
- Baton pass
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance / Nasty Plot

Use dual screens with this. Behind them, NOTHING stops this set from passing and then the sweeper you pass to WILL decimate things.

Mew@Lum Berry
252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 Spe.
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- U-Turn
- Explosion

Lead mew, pretty self explanatory. Lum Berry for Darkrai.

Mew@Leftovers
252 HP / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-o-Wisp
- Thunderwave / Toxic / Hypnosis
- Softboiled
- Taunt / U-Turn

Double status Mew. Cripple things basically and then U-Turn out or Taunt them and stop them setting up and healing.

Anything else and Mew is outclassed.

BlackRay

The other trainer.
Years
I need a good moveset for a jolly Hitmontop. Explain Jolly? I would like the Hitmontop to be fast enough to be able to break speedy walls or damage sweepers (Since most sweepers tend to be fast). Plus it lowers SP.ATk which is its WORST stat.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I need a good moveset for a jolly Hitmontop. Explain Jolly? I would like the Hitmontop to be fast enough to be able to break speedy walls or damage sweepers (Since most sweepers tend to be fast). Plus it lowers SP.ATk which is its WORST stat.

Use Adamant, there is no need for Jolly since Hitmontop has priority for sweepers and its faster than most walls anyway.

Hitmontop@Life Orb
252 HP / 252 Att / 6 Speed
Adamant Nature
Trait : Technician
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch / Stone Edge

Last slot is up to you. Bullet Punch hits pokes that resist mach punch, however stone edge lets you hit Rotom, Altaria, Moltres who otherwise wall you.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019

Hitmontop @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
252Atk/252Spe (other 4 don't matter tbh)
Ability: Technician
-Mach Punch
-Bullet Punch/Stone Edge
-Close Combat
-Sucker Punch

Mach Punch is for Priority and it gets STAB and Technician boost, so it becomes really good. Close Combat is for omgwtf damage, and another STAB. Sucker Punch is to take out other Choice users. Bullet Punch/Stone Edge is kinda your decision, Bullet Punch is another priority move, which is nice but it doesn't offer much more coverage, except it hits some more stuff for neutral damage, stone edge hits Fire Types and Flying (why you would leave it in on flying i dunno) for Super Effective damage.

I just kinda threw that together but it seems good enough for CB. (Also, you can put in Pursuit I guess but its not really good on it, since you shouldn't switch into Psychics anyway, but I suppose it works for Chansey and such)

EDIT: So I dont get slammed by D_A for being a nub: I assumed he wanted something that could take out a sweeper or force a switch, so I just went with CB, mostly cause its my favorite set for Top.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2010
I'm trying to setup a nice Movset for a Pichu-Pikachu-Raichu only run on Plat. My goal is to send over an Egg with the moves bred into it + any TMs I might need. Haven't played with Egg moves before, so I might end up sending over a hundred+ eggs. xP
Raichu:t026:
  1. Thunder Punch
  2. Magnet Rise
  3. Brick Break
  4. Toxic

I opted Punch over Shock because I -think- the physical-ness of it gives a chance for Static to kick in. Might be wrong. If nothing else, it'll allow a Sp. Atk reducing nature, making the breeding less restricted. (Brick Break's physical too, and no special based attacks, unless there's something weird about Toxic)

I threw in Magnet Rise to avoid Earthquake. From previous uses of Raichu, he is really fragile. I'd like to avoid Earthquakes, mudslaps, etc. 1hkos.

Brick Break to handle steel types and rock types(will cover a lot of earthquakers).

Toxic is a 'last resort' kind of deal. If I have nothing to use on a Pokemon I can Magnet Rise, Toxic, and spam Potions. xP

Only spent 20 or so minutes looking over list of moves Pikachu/Raichu can learn, so I'm looking for some opinions on my moveset, suggestions, improvements, an entirely different one, etc. from people who have been doing this for much longer. Basically, anything constructive is welcome.
Thanks.

Edit:
If it's relevant, I have an English Plat, Ruby, Sapphire, Leaf Green, and Jap SS game I can readily breed/tutor on. Could probably get my sister to let me use a Diamond and Pearl(English).

On a related note, do all Pikachu-Raichu breeding combination of held items produce Pichus, or does it work on a similar note of Snorlax and Munchlax: A certain item can be held to change the egg from the baby to the first form.
Or in other words, can I hatch a Pikachu out of an egg, and not a Pichu?

Last edited:
Back