• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    O.K,

So I've been trying to hatch a Pichu with Hidden Power Ice but with no luck.

All I get is Fighting, Flying, Poison, Ground, Rock, Bug, Ghost, Steel, Fire, Water, Grass and Electric.

What do I need to do to make it's I.Vs higher for my Hidden Power type. Is it the PKMN in breeding (Female Raichu asnd Male Walrein) or do I just need to hatch more?

You have to just keep trying if you want a certain HP. If you want the Ivs to be higher make sure that both of the parents have high Ivs as well. If both parents have high Ivs then the pichu will more likely have better Ivs.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2016
    Kenta's Battle Tower Double Team

Okay, I can't even sleep tonight, because of how gypped I felt after the Battle Tower's unfairness today. Here's a quick overview of what's going on: in total, I've taken the Double Battle challenge for three runs so far. My best effort was 54 straight wins, but that's not the point: two of those three times, I was beaten by the same guy. It's a complete jerk-face who uses nothing but pokemon with Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, Fissure, and Guillotine. Through sheer brute luck, this talentless douche cut me off TWICE. And here's the team he "beat" with his unfairly-high luck.

Zapdos: Thunderbolt, Light Screen, Drill Peck, Protect. Item: Lum Berry.
    Metagross: Psychic, Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Protect. Item: Persim Berry.
    Salamence: Brick Break, Aerial Ace, Earthquake, Protect. Item: Life Orb.
    Snorlax: Body Slam, Rest, Selfdestruct, Earthquake. Item: Choice Band.

Do I even need to say why this is such a badass team? Tsk, I will anyway. Let's see what each team member has going for him.

Zapdos:
    1. Electric/Flying. For the record, S.T.A.B. on the moves. His only weaknesses are rocks and ice, the latter which can be cut in half with Light Screen, and the former which can be lessened by Salamence's Intimidate. Needless to say, I can also be more reckless with my Earthquakes, with him around.
    2. Thunderbolt. Let's face it, though I hate to admit it, Misty was right. Water-type pokemon kick ass. From Lapras to Milotic, those things can take a hit and return with a super-effective strike. Zapdos's Thunderbolt is the only real way to get these things HARD before they can establish a firm footing. And in a tournament where Earthquake hits everyone, I'm bound to see a lot of Flying-types for strategy. Zapdos kills them too. Really, the only ones who can stand against Thunderbolt are electric-types and ground-types. Any grass-types will just get a sodomizing Drill Peck right up the butt.
    3. Light Screen. Because he's fast (timid nature), I can rely on Zapdos as an immediate special defender. That's good when you've got a fragile Salamence and a slow Metagross to look after.
    4. No gender. I call Zapdos "him," but Attract won't work.
    5. Lum Berry. Many times, enemies have tried to take off Zapdos's killing edge by paralyzing him, freezing him solid, or putting him to sleep. When their first attempts fail, they don't get a second chance 90% of the time.

Metagross:
    1. Meteor Mash. A lot of people would consider it a rash move, for me to have no water or ice pokemon on my team. That's where Metagross comes in. The absolute power of this steel-type move is quite enough to take down any rocky enemies anyway.
    2. Pure stats. He's not a legendary, but if that speed were any higher, he probably would've been.
    3. Clear Body. How I love it when they can't screw with my stats.
    4. Genderless. Again, it's helpful.
    5. Only two weaknesses. The fire is halved by Light Screen (Zapdos is always his partner in the beginning) and the ground is weakened by Salamence's Intimidate.

Salamence:
    1. Intimidate. I can't get over what a cool ability this is. It weakens both enemy pokemon as soon as Salamence comes out (before they can even launch a Quick Attack), it's 100% accurate even if they're fully Double Teamed, and it happens to mean the tiny few hitpoints of difference between fainting and surviving (typically for Zapdos, when targeted with Stone Edge).
    2. Two weaknesses. Yeah, when they do come, Salamence will die almost immediately. Luckily, he tends to get in the first strike and cuts them off.
    3. Life Orb. I love this item. When you've got an already Adamant Salamence PLUS this, you can turn even medium moves into absolute devastation. Basically, every move becomes Double Edge while retaining its side effect. I have never respected Aerial Ace so much.
    4. As a flier, Salamence is immune to ground-type moves such as the ever-common Earthquake in double battles. That alone deserves recognition.
    5. Salamence isn't just a flying/dragon. Altaria is a flying/dragon. Salamence's stats are WAY better than most dragons, and with the least possible punishment, in my opinion. I'm surprised Pokemon Company didn't make him weaker, to cover for everything else he's got going for him (including that moveset).

Snorlax
    1. One is all I really need. See how that Choice Band and Selfdestruct's S.T.A.B. and Snorlax's extremely high attack power mingle so nicely? Let's not forget how the team's other three pokemon know Protect. Basically, when I'm backed into a corner, Snorlax can clear the board. And unless there's a Machamp that knows Cross Chop on the other side, there's no killing Snorlax before he kills you. If there's a stronger attack than Snorlax's Selfdestruct out there, I'd love to know what it is.

And I haven't really even gotten into teamwork. These four work brilliantly together. Earthquake is typically capable of being used very freely, and that's good when you've got two enemy pokemon facing you and one is ALMOST dead. These guys work with Earthquake, that isn't often the case. Also, like I said, three of the four know Protect. That isn't just useful in guarding against friendly fire, but it has also kept my guys alive through turns they shouldn't have survived, especially Salamence in ice battles. Like I said, I can always have a physical and special defense set up before my opponents ever get to move . . . unless my enemies have greater than 143 speed (average is 100). And everyone can cover one anothers' asses. Is Metagross about to be hit by ground or fire? Switch to Salamence- problem solved! Is Zapdos about to be Ice Beamed? Snorlax can take it! Salamence is about to be hit with Psychic . . . oop, now Metagross takes it instead. Oh crap, Trick Room! Actually, not a problem . . . now Snorlax is faster than anyone else, followed closely by Metagross.

See how it works? This is a near-perfect unison. What can possibly hope to beat this team, with a trainer behind it who's fought literally thousands of double battles and can predict the opponent's moves? We turn to Rock Lee for answers on this one: just because you can see it doesn't mean you can react quick enough to it. That's exactly what happens when the Battle Tower decides you've gone far enough for one run.

You start to miss three or four times in a row when the enemy uses just one Double Team. Horn Drill's 30% accuracy rate turns into 85% accuracy. Enemy Ice Beams suddenly start to freeze you solid every other time they hit. Psychic inexplicably gets critical hits every time, which is unusual even if the enemy were holding a Scope Lens. Aerodactyl's Rock Slide flinches both of your team's members. The enemy omnisciently knows to suddenly switch from Brick Break to Rock Slide, the moment you switch out Snorlax for Zapdos. Sleep attacks last for three to five turns, and there's nothing to be done about it. Meteor Mash misses three times in a row, which is atypical even if the opponent happened to be holding Brightpowder. Don't even get me started on the critical hits.

And you know what? I can tell you the numbers were this high, because my pokemon team could endure the pain for that long before finally getting snuffed out. It wasn't lack of preparation on my part. Battle Tower lets you go only to a certain streak of wins before the percentages get tweaked and the enemy trainers become miraculously lucky. Am I being irrational or paranoid about this? I don't think I am. I've considered already that in the first 50+ battles you fight, you're bound to have varying good luck and bad luck. All it really takes is on critical bad luck battle to finish you. And going by the Evolutionists' principle, "given enough time, it will happen"! Pounding your way through 200 enemy pokemon takes a buttload of time. Mathematically speaking, you can EXPECT to have a critically bad battle during one of those times, let alone in the total of 400 enemy pokemon you have to face for a 100-win streak.

I stand by what I said. The odds get tweaked. The pokemon I meet during my 50th battle are no harder than the ones I fight in my 35th battle. Obviously you'll face nothing but weaklings up until battle 21, since the game likes to humor you. But why do the tough battles only get IMPOSSIBLE after 50 wins? I'm not fighting any legendary birds, gerbils, regis or sprites, I'm still butting heads with Lapras, Garchomp, and Rhyperior!

Your skill doesn't get tested. You simply go through the motions until you run into that jack-off who OHKOs or Critical Hits all of your pokemon to death before they can react. I wish he'd appear during my fourth Battle Tower fight instead of my fourtieth, so that when he luck-raped me I wouldn't have to wipe all my hard work and start over again. Given three continues, I promise you I would've gotten that 100-win-streak many times over.

Boy, it pisses me off. Apparently I need pokemon with ridiculously high speed, Battle Armor, and Sturdy. The best there is, apparently, isn't good enough.

andersennavy

Born to be the very best
    Years
  • Hi, im planning to have umbreon in my team as support but im at a loss 1) as to how I should spread the EVs and 2) What moves it should have. First, Im thinking about giving it 252 SP DEF and 252 DEF w the rest in HP. Movewise, I think im going to give it wish, mean look, sucker punch, Curse? but yeah im open to suggestion on the movesets. Thanks =)

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Hi, im planning to have umbreon in my team as support but im at a loss 1) as to how I should spread the EVs and 2) What moves it should have. First, Im thinking about giving it 252 SP DEF and 252 DEF w the rest in HP. Movewise, I think im going to give it wish, mean look, sucker punch, Curse? but yeah im open to suggestion on the movesets. Thanks =)

EVs are fine i guess, I would go like a little more in HP than SDef, since its already high on that but as for moves:

~Wish
    ~Heal Bell
    ~Payback
    ~Curse.

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
  • Hi, I was wondering if this is a good moveset for my Charizard on FR (In-Game):

BTW, It's a Special Attacker.

Spr_3f_006.png

Charizard
    Rash Nature
    255 Sp. Atk 255 Speed EV's

Flamethrower
    Heat Wave
    Blast Burn
    Fire Blast

...Any suggestions or comments? :X

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Hi, I was wondering if this is a good moveset for my Charizard on FR (In-Game):

BTW, It's a Special Attacker.

Spr_3f_006.png

Charizard
    Rash Nature
    255 Sp. Atk 255 Speed EV's

Flamethrower
    Heat Wave
    Blast Burn
    Fire Blast

...Any suggestions or comments? :X

Rash Charizard likes the following set:

Charizard @ Lefties/ Petaya Berry
    Rash Nature
    24 Atk/ 240 Spa/ 244 Spe

Sub/ Sunny Day
    HP Grass/ HP Ice
    Fire Blast
    Focus Punch

I guess if don't have either of those HP types you could run Dragon Claw for coverage, but eh, I don't rlly know much about 3rd gen outside of what Smogon offers.

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    i'm working on a bulky support meganium, so far the moveset is this.

Safeguard (>Aromatherapy imo)
    Counter (surprise KO)
    Seed Bomb (standard for attack)

i'm not getting rid of counter but i wouldn't mind parting with seed bomb. can someone give me two supporting moves OTHER THAN REFLECT/LIGHT SCREEN?

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011

Counter (surprise KO)

i'm not getting rid of counter but i wouldn't mind parting with seed bomb. can someone give me two supporting moves OTHER THAN REFLECT/LIGHT SCREEN?

Why don't you go with this then

Meganium @ leftovers
    Nature: bold
    Evs:216hp/148def/144sp.A
    -Aromatherpy
    -Counter
    -Leech Seed
    -Energy Ball

This is the support set with counter over Light Screen. Seeing as your are not using Light Screen maybe you should change the Sp.A evs to Sp.D evs to take special hit better.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday

Counter (surprise KO)

How is safeguard >> Aroma ? Safeguard is poop. Meganium is too slow to use it effectively. Aroma is much better since it heals your whole team.

Also Energy Ball is better as it helps in long stall wars thanks to the S.Def drop. Though i guess if its to break Raikou's subs then go ahead.

Leech Seed, Toxic, Synthesis (<--id use this with counter), Screens and Grass Whistle are pretty much its best support movepool options.

andersennavy

Born to be the very best
    Years
  • i wanna make a wall dusknoir. What would be a good moveset for it. so far im thinking will-o-wisp, rest, fire punch, ... yeah ok and i dont really know what move for the last one, earthquake maybe?. Any suggestion will help! =) Also what item to equip it? THanks =)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • i wanna make a wall dusknoir. What would be a good moveset for it. so far im thinking will-o-wisp, rest, fire punch, ... yeah ok and i dont really know what move for the last one, earthquake maybe?. Any suggestion will help! =) Also what item to equip it? THanks =)

482.png
    @ Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    252 HP / 28 Atk / 228 Def
    - Pain Split
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Fire Punch/Earthquake
    - Ice Punch/Thunder Punch

Standard Walling set for Dusknoir, even if Dusknoir is outclassed by Rotom-A in almost every way possible, and that I stole this set from Smogon

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • How is dusknoir outclassed by rotom?

It is slower and has less HP, Rotom-a has better all around stats and doesn't die so fast and has access to (in my opinion) far superior moves.

hint: Dusknior is nicknamed Sucknior for a reason.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Gamer forgot to note that Rotom-A also has better typing and ability. ;x

Years
  • I need help for a team

Hey, I'm Erik and I'm just starting competitive battling.

I've already EV trained my Kingdra and Tyranitar, so here they are:

TSUNADRA(Kingdra)
    Male
    Nature doesn't matter to me. He's strong enough already.
    EVs: Attack, Speed and a little bit of HP.
    Movepool:
    Dragon Dance
    Outrage
    Substitute
    Waterfall
    Ability: Swift Swim, I won't bother getting Sniper. Got 15 Kingdra in my box with this ablility.
    Item: Undecided. Mysticwater? Dragon Fang? Lum Berry?

T-Tar(Tyranitar)
    Male
    Nature doesn't matter
    EVs: Attack, Speed and some HP in the mix.
    Movepool:
    Dragon Dance
    Crunch
    Stone Edge(soon to be Taunt I think)
    Earthquake
    Ability: Sand Stream
    Item: Undecided. Muscle Band? Soft Sand?

Give me your comments and tell me what other 4 Pokemon would go great with them.

Also, no Ubers. Tyranitar has that job done, and no Shaymin either.

I've got my own ideas, Like Aerodactyl, Sceptile...but I'm clueless XD.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Shouldn't this go in the Request a moveset/Simple Q&A/Breeding Questions thread?
    Anyways, if you want help, i can help, PM me if you want so.

Saud-Blaziken

You Think You Can Beat Me?!
    Years
  • Umm.... Thats not a bad team actually if u continue it correctly.
    Give Kindra a Lum Berry for now and when u Wi-Fi battle other people see whats the best item for him.

For you T-Tar.... IDK really sorry.

and you should get Metagross on your team as a defensive pokemon or as an offensive pokemon your choice.

Thats all hope I helped you! :)

Years
  • Cool. Lum Berry it is.

I should've said this earlier earlier, sorry.

I want my team to be full of attackers, no Blisseys or Torterras. Metagross could work, but Steel-types may have good resistances, but other Tyranitars out there will kill it in seconds with it's own Substitute-Dragon Dance-Earthquake/Crunch combo.

If I need a Tank, I'll be fine with it. But only like 2 or 1, the rest need to hit fast and hard.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Also, you NEED natures for competitive battling, as well as the exact EV's you gave to a pokemon.

Back