• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have bad police where you live?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    FreakyLocz14, at least you don't live in Oakland.

I've heard stories about my town's police falsely accusing people they don't like of things like drunk driving. I don't think they're all bad, but positions of authority attract certain types who like to abuse their power so I stay away from the police whenever possible.

Oh God Oakland is such a terrible place. The odd thing is with all the gang bangers and drug dealers and what not I might like having an agressive police force.

You would think the Oakland PD would have plenty of real crimes to deal with given the high crime rate so they wouldn't be so inclined to harass me for some petty citation offense anyone could make the mistake of commiting.

Dragma

Trainee
    Years
  • Oh my God, yes! The Haymarket, VA police officers are the the worst!

I know I'm supposed to respect law enforcement, but these guys pull you over for just about anything! I was going 26mph in a 25 zone, and they pulled me over!

Years
  • I'm living in a small village 30 kilometres away from a bigger city. There is pretty much no criminality here, so all the police has to do for most of the time is flashing speeders.
    I rarely ever see them doing anything else than patroling or make speeches at school.

Snooki

Lucky
    Years
  • Our school security gaurd does, he's like eighty years old and wouldn't be able to protect any of us at all. He can't see well either, so if an intruder came in he'd probably shoot an innocent high schooler by accident.
    I could ramble about how crappy he is for days, but he's funny--he carries an umbrella and almost hit me with it once ^w^ He chases people with it when they walk on the grass we're not supposed to walk on. I'm pretty sure he would try to protect us if anything happened though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    Where I live the police are decent. They usually come right away after you call them. But, I think it really depends where you live. In the town we used to live in, they weren't that great at all. They would come way late, or they'd pull over people who were maybe 5 mph over and not pull over the person going 15 mph over the speed limit. *shrug* So, I guess it depends.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Well, I guess the police are okay around here, but an annoying thing (that I'm sure happens in lots of places) is that they are never there when something really bad happens, but they are always there for small violations of the law. But at least they are not as bad as breaking the law them selves.

RCMF13

HI GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
  • Yes the police around here are stupid.

They arrested someone for something they didn't do. Now, there's a group of people in our village that break the law all the time. When asked about whether or not they did it, the police said "we don't bother with them anymore because we can't be bothered".

^that actually happened. I'm NOT joking.

The police will also not respond to calls about poaching unless they hear "gun". Poaching is against the law, and the police have to respond to calls by law, but they don't.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    The police here are perfectly fine...

Amazingly to me, I'm one of the only people here yet without a complaint.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I think police shouldn't devote so much resources to petty violations. They should focus on big things like homicide, narcotics, prostitution, rape, etc. and if they just so happen to come across someone speeding while working one these things they can still ticket them but wasting taxpayer dollars on such menial things seems like a waste of the money they take from my paychecks.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    No, but they did push for a huge tax increase so that they could have SUVs that they didn't need.

I protested with my local green group, but they still passed it. (Didn't bother to let the people vote on it...)

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    No, but they did push for a huge tax increase so that they could have SUVs that they didn't need.

I protested with my local green group, but they still passed it. (Didn't bother to let the people vote on it...)

Glad in my state we practice direct democracy. Any time taxes are to be increased the measure goes on the ballot. We can also recall elected officials we don't like.

Back