• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together 2010 Event Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    A draw off of the generation 5 Pokemon released so far? Like each user has to face another with a selected Pokemon, they draw that, winner advances to next round and eventually in the final round (well obv judged by the artists of PC, or the hosts, depends) the winner is chosen.

"How about... A draw off! Of the new pokemon" - that much of the idea is credit to Siggy, the rest I figured out. XD

Years
  • Lego Building Competition

Judges tell us what they want us to build. People have a "Build-off" and it will eventually come to the finals where the judges will decide who has built the best *Insert Lego Creation here*...

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I call hosting the iSketch competition this year!

Also, a CoD night doesn't sound half bad. Oh, and we should have a giant Skype Pokemon conversation, where we just talk about Pokemon! :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • What about a Rom Hacking and Game Development Map-off?
    Try and make the best map, considering three factors (Playability, Beauty and Size), which you'll be rated out of ten?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • What about a Rom Hacking and Game Development Map-off?
    Try and make the best map, considering three factors (Playability, Beauty and Size), which you'll be rated out of ten?

Tried that last year, didn't work out.

I call hosting the iSketch competition this year!

Also, a CoD night doesn't sound half bad. Oh, and we should have a giant Skype Pokemon conversation, where we just talk about Pokemon! :)

I call hosting it with you. :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Bring back the photography contest. Maybe also a video-making or AMV contest.

Would a wi-fi Pokemon battle tourney work?

I'd also like something related to art, though I may or may not participate depending on how artistic you have to be, lol. Something like creating graphics (sigs and the like) I could handle.

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Oh yeah!
    Stop animation competition?
    I'd host!

Warioware D.I.Y Contest.

Three rounds.

1.Games-maybe sav?

2.Music-rip

3.Comics-screens

bobandbill

one more time
    Years

• I agree!

How about a fanfiction contest? You know, where we create one-off fanfics with a certain theme. :D

This. There was one last time, believe it went well. Of course though one would need judges, and judges who have time to judge and whatnot to boot. (Although I think maybe some other writing stuff could be possible as well... and heck if it can be tied to improving stuff over there like reviews cleverly, somehow... ;p) Anyways something to considr, more brainstorming can wait with the specifics?

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
    Years
  • I call dibs on the arts and crafts contest.
    Now. to decide on a theme.....

EDIT: The theme is decided! And ..... its a secret.... >_>...... shh....
    EDIT AGAIN: Its a pokemon painting/sculpting contest!

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Design-A-Pokemon Contest! I wouldn't mind hosting it again :D

Bay

Years
  • This. There was one last time, believe it went well. Of course though one would need judges, and judges who have time to judge and whatnot to boot. (Although I think maybe some other writing stuff could be possible as well... and heck if it can be tied to improving stuff over there like reviews cleverly, somehow... ;p) Anyways something to considr, more brainstorming can wait with the specifics?
    I judged that last Get Together. :P But yeah, don't mind doing hosting it this time. I got judging experience from last contest and also from a contest at Serebii (which incidentally happened at the same time as the Get Together D: ), so yeah. XD

I'm glad the Get Together is coming again, though, It was really fun last year. I also would like a Photography and Graphics contest come again too. Oh, and the Trivia game. Haha, I enjoyed the first few rounds of that. XD

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Design-A-Pokemon Contest! I wouldn't mind hosting it again :D
    I co-hosted this even last year and it turned out exceptionally well. I'd agree to helping out with this event once more as well.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I reckon we should have a Shoddy tourney with a theme, such as Anime teams only. XD;

And manga characters. ;) I wouldn't mind participating in this one if it goes through.

I was playing Colosseum yesterday when I didn't have internet and thought of a challenge, however it's not necessary to be involved in the Get Together. ;( Unless maybe we complete it in the three day time frame of the Get Together...and emblems be given for whoever completes it first, second, third, and then participant emblems. :) I wouldn't mind running this one, of course. The idea was a no purification challenge. But if this idea gets approved, I will look into rules more. :)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    K, I would really love a Modern Warfare 2 tourney. I would say Free for all rounds until we get someone with the highest score.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Were the threads from last year deleted? Because It'd be nice to be able to see the threads from last year's competition.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back