• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Best Wishes [Discussion Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Wasn't Dento just taking Ash's order. In an eccentric way...
    Yeah but just look at that facial exspression, he seems excited talking to Ash! It's not like anyone said he was asking for an autograph! He could be excited that hes actually taking an order from his idol or somthing? Then again, maybe it could be the other way round since Dento is a Gym Leader so hes probably acomplished more then Ash!?
    Spoiler:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Does anyone have a color picture of Ash's new look in this series? I have seen the drawing and some other shots, but I'd like to see a full head-to-toe picture, if anyone has one.
    From the post made earlier with higher quality screen shots, this is probably the best shot of Ash from head to toe with his new clothes. [link] I don't mind his new clothes at all. Instead, I favor them more than the rest. Ash was always into red a majority of the time, so the new white vest and blue shirt fits him well. Pants isn't much different from his DP ones though. I like his new blue pack, his hat is okay for me, and his shoes are cool. Oh, and new gloves! That's great. n_n;

I don't mind his new eyes. At least we can see it's true color now. Overall though, new is a plus for me. :] He does look a bit older too. Though, I guess he needs to be without Brock around anymore - he's got to show he can handle himself around Dento and Iris, although I'm sure Dento will be doing most of the cooking and giving advice.

I really don't mind the "eye" change for Ash. The preview at the end of the episode and the clips on the website did show that he was throwing pokeball's left and right, lol. Mamepato seems like a given but it seems he was trying to capture a Shikijika as well, which I wouldn't mind if he caught. It does look like it'll be a lot more comedic. I'm excited to see how this series will shape out.
    I agree. It did show a lot of Ash throwing Pokéballs around. It also appeared that not only might he have Mijumaru, but it's possible he might gain all three starters once more - though I wish for that to not happen. If Ash catches all three starters, then it leaves less room for him to capture more of the Isshu Pokémon out there. So, here's hoping Mijumaru is for Ash, Pokabu for Iris or Shooti. While Tsutaja is with Dento seeing as he's a Grass Gym Leader.

Ash catching a Shikijika for his Grass-type instead of a Tsutaja would be interesting I'll admit.

Omnis

Needs to train... A LOT...
    Years
  • (I know all this has probably been posted anyway, but WHATEVER :3)

There was recently a trailer for Best Wishes, revealing a lot of things. First off, would be Satoshi's (Ash's) costume for the season.

Ash_BW.png

Yay for official stock art!

It's funny, I think his new hat is like a mix of his D/P hat and his old, original hat.

Secondly we have Pikachu using Iron Tail, which (unless it's a new move entirely) looks much different than what it used to be. Wider Tail, actually looks like it's made of metal and whatnot.

21bu5z.png

And finally, we have a bunch of images which may or may not spoil a lot.

2m4um41.png

For one thing, it looks like Dento (The guy with the green hair, who is also the first gym leader) has a Yanappu, one of the recently released pokemon. This being said, we can assume that Dento is a grass-type gym leader. Satoshi also seems to be turning his hat around again (kewl) which is something that ended around the Johto saga.

So after seeing these images, what are your thoughts?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

• I agree. It did show a lot of Ash throwing Pokéballs around. It also appeared that not only might he have Mijumaru, but it's possible he might gain all three starters once more - though I wish for that to not happen. If Ash catches all three starters, then it leaves less room for him to capture more of the Isshu Pokémon out there. So, here's hoping Mijumaru is for Ash, Pokabu for Iris or Shooti. While Tsutaja is with Dento seeing as he's a Grass Gym Leader.

Ash catching a Shikijika for his Grass-type instead of a Tsutaja would be interesting I'll admit.

Yeah, it does appears from the clips that Mijumaru will at least be caught by him. I'd prefer if only got one starter as well for the same reason you mentioned. To me, it looks like Shooti will have a Tsutarja, as there is a clip of Pikachu battling one in what appears to be an alleyway. Also, the preview at the end of episode showed Shooti commanding for a move, then the next scene shows a Tsutarja using Grass Mixer. Then again I may be wrong and reading too much into it. :D

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
  • Turning his hat around again? Nice! Ash is back into the business, I see! =D

I'm also liking his outfit: they managed to balance it out this time, especially with the same color scheme of his original one (I think).

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
  • Turning his hat around again? Nice! Ash is back into the business, I see! =D

I'm also liking his outfit: they managed to balance it out this time, especially with the same color scheme of his original one (I think).
    i don't get why things like turning his hat makes so happy, but now i wanna start watching the show again

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
  • i don't get why things like turning his hat makes so happy, but now i wanna start watching the show again

It's probably nostalgia xD

In the Kanto saga, Ash had a number of habits such as turning his hat around whenever he threw a Pokéball (whether to catch or send out). It actually became his trademark movement around here, since he'd do that almost every time xD

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • usa
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    I actually like this outfit, whatever happened to his original hat? he finally sell it? or leave it at home?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • His new look looks incredibly awesome!! I feel i will be all over this show no matter what, i can not wait. to bad i have to -.-
    Iron tail looks more metal now which is a grahic plus from the past season, (no suprise). i didnt see, but you guys are saying ash is turning his hat again. yes! seems like he will get mijumaru, i was hoping for pokabu or yea. me and ash kinda have a fav pokemon connection sometimes xD

its really a whole new place this time. new joys (or what they called) new jennys (ah not to fond of new look but hey) a photo person, like todd. they starting over, and looks like iris will kinda hate ash 9like misty) wow they really did rebirth the series. hopefully it dosent suck.

About his first hat who knows it could be like pikachus ball, he keeps it with him for good luck or yea. itll be cool if he takes it out this season for a episode to give it away to a small kid (=OO) or as a memory flash back. though the kid one sees likley.

i wonder how the new theme will be. hopefully not like the d/p. they were good but i hoping for more kanto/advanced/battle fronteir type.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    it also looks like there will be no bike-frying introduction to the female lead! It looks like the way he meets her is more funny :D
    The classic bike frying is a classic but I agree, the Iris's hair is a pokemon is much funnier! :D

Years
  • I wouldn't say that Ash's eyes have changed color... If you look at the 8th Japanese opening at the very beginning you'll see that he's always had brown eyes when they zoom in real close, but man they are really defining them. But yeah, his eyes are usually black otherwise.
    I really like the new outfit, but it will still take some getting use to. I'm really happy that they didn't just rip-off the main character's outfit like in DP. I like the new style of the anime in general. However, all the ugly Isshu Pokemon are kind of ruining it for me. :<

And I just can't see how you guys think that Dento is an Ash fanboy.

I actually like this outfit, whatever happened to his original hat? he finally sell it? or leave it at home?
    Ash's mother is waiting patiently for her little boy to become a Pokemon Master so that she can eventually sell his hat and his other belongings. Why else would a parent let their 10-year old child run around in the wilderness alone?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2011
    I hope they do a 2010 revamp of Mezase Pokemon Master for the opening. EPIC ASH TURNING HIS HAT AGAIN!

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • Yeah but just look at that facial exspression, he seems excited talking to Ash! It's not like anyone said he was asking for an autograph! He could be excited that hes actually taking an order from his idol or somthing? Then again, maybe it could be the other way round since Dento is a Gym Leader so hes probably acomplished more then Ash!?
    Spoiler:

I personally think Dento is taking Ash's order in this shot. I mean, the atmosphere is somewhat restauraunt-ish, and a lot of people have theorized that Dento is a waiter or somehow involved in the food industry.

Years
  • Looks like Ash has a second game counterpart now:
    BWProtagonistBWAsh.png
    You mean fifth? I always considered Ash to be the counterpart of each protagonist, since the ones in the anime don't seem to be fulfilling those roles.

At least he didn't completely copy his outfit like what he did to Lucas (Aside from the hat). If I had to list my favorite Ash outfits in order, it would be:

Hoenn
    Isshu
    Sinnoh - Kanto/Johto

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • You mean fifth? I always considered Ash to be the counterpart of each protagonist, since the ones in the anime don't seem to be fulfilling those roles.

At least he didn't completely copy his outfit like what he did to Lucas (Aside from the hat).
    It's always seemed to me that a character in the anime has to physically resemble their game counterpart:
    -Ash greatly resembles Red since Ash is based on Red
    -Ash never resembled Gold/Ethan in my opinion aside from both having a cap
    -Ash never resembled Brendan in any way in my opinion
    -DP Ash sort of resembles DP Lucas, but I never saw the similarities aside from the pants
    -BW Ash greatly resembles the BW Protagonist in my opinion since the outfits seem the to be exact same aside from color differences with the hat and jacket, along with Ash's jacket having shorter sleeves

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    I just noticed this, but isn't Mijumaru missing it's shell in this pic?
    EDIT: I didn't notice it but it is holding it. I always thought it was on it's body, but I guess it can be taken off for shell blade. My bad :D

bestwishespromo.jpg

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • White is NOT Ash's counterpart!!! It's Red and always will be. Ash and White only have the same Pants and Trainers. And White is older... please don't do this to me.

Oh, it's the same thing with Lucas. Same Pants and Trainers. Also same Top Colour scheme but different styles. And hats are different.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back