• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Best Wishes [Discussion Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Man, all these trailers and images are making me excited!! I simply can't wait for Best Wishes and B/W as well.
    Is it just me or do the pokemon of Isshu region look really cute? xD
    I saw a few trailer clips and yeah, the CGI is really great. I mean, for example, Iron Tail looks absolutely lifelike with Pikachu's tail glowing like steel.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    You mean fifth? I always considered Ash to be the counterpart of each protagonist, since the ones in the anime don't seem to be fulfilling those roles.

At least he didn't completely copy his outfit like what he did to Lucas (Aside from the hat). If I had to list my favorite Ash outfits in order, it would be:

Hoenn
    Isshu
    Sinnoh - Kanto/Johto
    Well actually Gold/Jimmy/Ethan Made an appearence in chonicals and Brendan and Lucas made appearences in movies (well the introductions of movies!) Its only Red and the new guy so far!

Also, in the matter of clothes, anyone can wear the same thing from the same place... there not all offical one of a kind clothes :\ (Unless delia decides to made his new clothes like for his sinnoh outfit!)

White is NOT Ash's counterpart!!! It's Red and always will be. Ash and White only have the same Pants and Trainers. And White is older... please don't do this to me.

Oh, it's the same thing with Lucas. Same Pants and Trainers. Also same Top Colour scheme but different styles. And hats are different.
    Well he could be! It's a far away place and all, Red is the only playable character who hasn't made an appearence in the anime, it could be the same for the new guy!

Also, his name isn't white... you'll have to wait for the manga to come out for his colour name or wait for the games to come out for his actual name (like brendan is ruby, Ethan is gold, lucas is diamond...)

Last edited:

joacen

Starter Pokemon: Oshawott
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Thanks for the image, Hiiro. I really like Ash's new outfit, and apparently so does everyone else. It's kind of reminiscent of Ash's original outfit, in terms of color and design. And Ash is finally going back to turning his hat! Since Kanto, he has only done it on rare occasion, so that adds a nostalgic touch. This looks like a big step forward for the anime.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • White is NOT Ash's counterpart!!! It's Red and always will be. Ash and White only have the same Pants and Trainers. And White is older... please don't do this to me.

Oh, it's the same thing with Lucas. Same Pants and Trainers. Also same Top Colour scheme but different styles. And hats are different.
    It's always been possible for a game character to have more than one anime counterpart (Red has Ash and Ritchie), so it's fair to say that it's possible for an anime character to have more than one game counterpart.

Also, am I the only one that isn't seeing a big resemblance between DP Ash and D/P Lucas? :P

Years

• Well actually Gold/Jimmy/Ethan Made an appearence in chonicals and Brendan and Lucas made appearences in movies (well the introductions of movies!) Its only Red and the new guy so far!

I know that, in fact, I anticipate Black appearing in a pre-movie cameo as well but none of those characters are f
    ulfilling the roles they have in the games. That's why I said that Ash is a better counterpart to them. Ash is doing everything for them.
    And we all know they only throw them in for fanservice anyways.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I can see for any of the movies to come in this arc, it may just cameo both Black and White in battle like they did with Lucas and Brendon. At least they might, if the female protagonist isn't shown in the anime since Iris takes that role now.

I'm glad that Ash looks better in the clothes now, than he did in the beta art. Thought I'd mention that.

Chub 777

Golden User
    Years
  • I like the new clothing for Ash. It makes him look young, though...

Also, how does a girl carry around a 5-15 kg "rock" in her hair?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I love how big this thread getting! :D BW ftw!~

Im really starting to love Iris she's awsome :3

Ya know somthing I don't think anyone has mentioned yet... Maybe Iris may have some connection to Zoroark? They do kinda resemble eachother in a few ways. Like their hair, both of their hair looks a bit the same and bushy, Also, if you look at the new movie staring zorua and zoroark, zorua likes to hang out in zoroarks hair the same way kibago likes to hang out in iris's hair!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • that sounds interesting, this had been discussed before. i mean ash cant be the only one to have connections?!
    like they suddley meet zoroark and shes in a trance or something like max and deoxys.

Also i would like a opion on this due to someones question about ash's 1st hat. We know about pikachus pokeball. do you think he still carries it around? maybe he'll mention it this saga, and maybe give it to a worthy boy, and then later they do a spin off featuring that boy? xD

also looks like pikachu didnt get a huge power reset

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I love how big this thread getting! :D BW ftw!~

Im really starting to love Iris she's awsome :3

Ya know somthing I don't think anyone has mentioned yet... Maybe Iris may have some connection to Zoroark? They do kinda resemble eachother in a few ways. Like their hair, both of their hair looks a bit the same and bushy, Also, if you look at the new movie staring zorua and zoroark, zorua likes to hang out in zoroarks hair the same way kibago likes to hang out in iris's hair!

I'm meant to say that. First you out-Iris-fanboy ADK7, now you out-say-my-thread-is-big me. Oh it's on T__T

On-topic, I like how we get new footage every Thursday now, with each DP episode. I wonder what we'll be seeing next. Maybe like for of Prof. Araragi and the starters, maybe not who gets what but more of their characteristics.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'm meant to say that. First you out-Iris-fanboy ADK7, now you out-say-my-thread-is-big me. Oh it's on T__T
    When I said the threads getting big, it was a good thing, as in, you made a sucessful thread and the fanbase of black and white must be getting bigger... its all good :D

Anyone else want to comment on my zoroark-Iris assumption?

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I know what you meant, but I wanted to say it first :P

Then again, if I did, it'll be sad, 'coz I'm bigging up my own thread... so thanks! :D

Someone else has mentioned the Iris/Zoroark thing before, I don't see it.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Just like Lucario and all the talk everyone had about Ash getting one or it sharing this huge connection with Ash, it's starting again with Zoroark - this region's Lucario. .-. The hype for this Pokémon is just about similar now.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Double posting because I can it's important.
    Don't do this at home, kids. >_>;

Anyway, turns out that from the screen shot below, that Iris isn't actually an "anime-only" character like that earlier blog had everyone thinking. However, this could open up doors in the anime that there just might be more to Iris than we originally thought depending on her role in the game [seems important].

Spoiler:

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I saw that, shocked me as heck still it would have been cool if she was an anime only character like Tracey but whatever. I'm still looking forward to Iris character, she seems like a fun one.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Im glad shes im the games and I hope we can battle her!~
    On topic: Well maybe she will have some myserious background in the anime then? In the picture serebii says Iris and the other guy is telling White/Black about the Dragon/Dragons so maybe this means she may be smart as well as a Female Tarzan (or Jane if you wish xD)?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • People speculated that Dawn would have some connection with with Palkia and Dialga and they were wrong so I don't know why people are doing the same with new girl. I don't know why people can't understand that this won't be any different from previous sagas.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back