• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [General] Items Discussion

The Red Chain

With B&W being a brand new generation, there are tons of new items that are being revealed day by day. So, I have compiled a list of the recently revealed items for discussion! Gonna spoil tag it just in case someone has slow internet that decides to view.

Spoiler:

When other new items are revealed, I will add them to the list~
    As you can see most of these items listed are held items, and I made this to discuss these new items. What they can do for you in battle, which Pokemon would be great with them, and other such things. ^^

Feel free to discuss other new items as well that you come across in the games that aren't already listed here.
    Please keep in mind that this is not for TM/HM discussion. Please post about those in their appropriate thread.

I will post soon to give my thoughts. :3

Last edited:

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Aiming Mark is going to make Spinning a lot easier. Stall is going to be extinct, if not, very hard to do. Mono attackers will probably see a rise too, since you only need one attack to do the job.

That said about Aiming Mark, Rought Helmet could be used on stall teams, especially those that use Rough Skin as an Ability on some pokemon, effectively stripping 25% of health each time contact is made.

Suimin Goggles is going to be a nightmare on Trick Starmie. SleepTalk / Whirlwind Crobat could be used as a gimmick on stall, since you could use the goggles to sleep, and since Sleep Talk has the same priority as a normal move (e.g. flamethrower), you can get off a fast Whirlwind and rack up entry hazards on Pokemon over and over again, until you wake up, and by the end of the turn when you wake up, you're back to sleep. The one turn Crobat wakes up is your only chance deal with it.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    suimin goggles sound awesome! yay for hydro pump superseding surf!! :D

the rest are decent too

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Apparently Aiming Mark works in a way like so.

Equip a Gengar with Aiming Mark. Staraptor can hit you with Double Edge, but you can't hit it with Shadow Ball. Gamefreak trolled us. Stall has a decent chance now...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • -Aiming Mark is my favorite item on the list. I'm also wondering if it lets the Pokemon bypass abilities like Water/Volt Absorb.
    -Pumice Stone could be useful for those heavyweights weak to Low Kick and Grass Knot (like Tyranitar)
    -Suimin Goggles is a really good item to Trick on to non-Water Pokemon (assuming the user is the Water type)
    -Red Card is good if you don't want to rely on Roar/Whirlwind (though it's a bit risky)
    -Balloon's effect makes sense (it makes the holder float above ground, dodging Ground attacks, only for it to pop when it's attacked)

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Apparently Aiming Mark works in a way like so.

Equip a Gengar with Aiming Mark. Staraptor can hit you with Double Edge, but you can't hit it with Shadow Ball. Gamefreak trolled us. Stall has a decent chance now...

but then that item is completely pointless.. unless you use use switcheroo or something? but that would be situational

Choroneko

チョロネコ
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2012
    Don't know any of the new items yet, ahaha :P.

(Off Topic)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2012
    If Aiming Mark works that way, it'd be like Toxic Orb, Flame Orb, Sticky Barb and the like. Negative effects on the user, but good if... flung? Maybe?

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    If Aiming Mark works that way, it'd be like Toxic Orb, Flame Orb, Sticky Barb and the like. Negative effects on the user, but good if... flung? Maybe?

tricked or switcheroo'd would be better

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    but then that item is completely pointless.. unless you use use switcheroo or something? but that would be situational

I know. I think I read it off Smogon or something, but I wouldn't take it as the truth. It could very well be that it works in the way I originally thought it would (e.g. Raikou can hit Donphan with T-bot when Raikou is equipped with Aiming Mark).

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I know. I think I read it off Smogon or something, but I wouldn't take it as the truth. It could very well be that it works in the way I originally thought it would (e.g. Raikou can hit Donphan with T-bot when Raikou is equipped with Aiming Mark).

it should work that way really i mean the way you said it would work (the gengar/staraptor example) is just ridiculous.

suimin goggles sound awesome though.. can't wait to see how much they raise speed by

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    it should work that way really i mean the way you said it would work (the gengar/staraptor example) is just ridiculous.

suimin goggles sound awesome though.. can't wait to see how much they raise speed by

Yep.

Kerudio is going to abuse it so bad, with access to high speed off the bat, great special attack and workable physical attack. It also has access to Swords Dance, Cheer Up, Aqua Jet, Hydro Pump, Close Combat, Focus Blast, Stone Edge...yeah, this thing is not pretty. Probably it's main flaw is that it has to rely on Hidden Power to deal with Grass/Dragons.

As for actual boost of Suimin Goggles, I don't know. I wouldn't imagine it being too big though, like the Choice Items.

Last edited:

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Yep.

[General] Items Discussion

This guy is going to abuse it so bad, with access to high speed off the bat, great special attack and workable physical attack. It also has access to Swords Dance, Cheer Up, Aqua Jet, Hydro Pump, Close Combat, Focus Blast, Stone Edge...yeah, this thing is not pretty. Probably it's main flaw is that it has to rely on Hidden Power to deal with Grass/Dragons.

As for actual boost of Suimin Goggles, I don't know. I wouldn't imagine it being too big though, like the Choice Items.

i would be happy with 20%

and also the accuracy boost will be handy. yay for hydro pump :)

Years
  • I'm really liking these items. :) The Suimin googles can really help out Pokemons like Emploeon, Suicune and Gyarados in OU. It alone may keep them in OU now that the majority of B&W pokemon will end up there.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    # Aiming Mark : Lets you hit opponents that are normally immune. For example : Poison vs Steel

This translation is wrong (not your fault, but the sites who put the info up x3). It was tested on smogon by a mod there and it actually did nothing.

Stellar of Smogon said:
    I tested Pendoraa equipped with Aiming Mark using Poison Tail (Poison) against Komatana (Dark / Steel). Poison Tail had no effect.

I tested Gobitto equipped with Aiming Mark using Night Shade (Ghost) against Chillarmy (Normal). Night Shade had no effect

Ive also been told that it removes your OWN immunities and not theirs. I.e if you put it on your own Bliss a Gengar can hit you with Shadow Ball.

Its best to be safe though to say we really dont have a clue what this item actually does at the moment.

Im glad it doesnt work like people think though. That would be broken beyond belief haha. :x

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Ah really well if you use Switch or Trickroo you can attack your opponent :D
    also what's the point of removing your own immunities...that sounds more useless that Fire orb (though that can be quite useful on a Guts pokemon)

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Ah really well if you use Switch or Trickroo you can attack your opponent :D
    also what's the point of removing your own immunities...that sounds more useless that Fire orb (though that can be quite useful on a Guts pokemon)

it isnt meant to remove your own immunities it is meant to be given to another pokemon to get rid of there immunities! another item for lopunny to use then! its very situational though

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • it isnt meant to remove your own immunities it is meant to be given to another pokemon to get rid of there immunities! another item for lopunny to use then! its very situational though
    I know but it's useless on a non Trick knowing Pokemon...good thing I have a Alakasm with that move...pesky Dark types...(Or I could just use Miracle eye...)
    Yeah it is...I don't like it's real purpose now I thought it was going to eliminate the opponents immunities without the need to switch items or waste a turn :(

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I know but it's useless on a non Trick knowing Pokemon...good thing I have a Alakasm with that move...pesky Dark types...(Or I could just use Miracle eye...)
    Yeah it is...I don't like it's real purpose now I thought it was going to eliminate the opponents immunities without the need to switch items or waste a turn :(

i know right the effect we thought it had was awesome but now its far too situational and i wont be using it

suimin goggles are still awesome though :)

Back