• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon StarterKit XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I've decided to take a break from this for a month or two, for these reasons:

1) To fully focus on my college course to prepare me for setting up my business next year.

2) While not working on college work, i'll be trying my hardest to make some money. This could be either through scripting or by getting a job, most likely the latter.

3) While not doing any of those things, i'd really like to continue with one of my projects that has been on hold for a while.

As i said above, I will DEFINITELY come back to this in a month or two, i just need a break.
I've been creating scripts and script related stuff for about two years and never really got round to applying my skills into a game, so that's what i'll be doing.

Sorry if this causes inconvenience to anyone, but if you want to flame me for being human, then go ahead :)

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Sorry if this causes inconvenience to anyone, but if you want to flame me for being human, then go ahead :)

Okay.

Grr. You, you. You human!

Okay, that's all I got. I suppose I'll just continue my project on Essentials until said point in time when you get back to work on this. It's been looking great so far, and I think between college and finding work, I can't blame you for being too busy. Good luck with everything.

koby1

The M4's Best Freind
Years
@CNG by pokemon version I ment like the one CP used. Also by "wifi" I ment like you can send your team (not a copy) but similar and battle... ALSO I do not blame you for taking a break. GOOD LUCK WITH JOB HUNTING

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
@CNG by pokemon version I ment like the one CP used. Also by "wifi" I ment like you can send your team (not a copy) but similar and battle... ALSO I do not blame you for taking a break. GOOD LUCK WITH JOB HUNTING

There still isn't a pokemon version, CP used the same one cng's using just he managed to recode the script to be compatible with essentials.

Years
Just a quick heads up for you guys who were wondering why my site hasn't been online.
It was because my host had changed his domain name so i had to update my nameservers, which wasn't possible due to the lack of internet.

Site is back up now :D

http://www.planetdev.net

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
Well first of all, there isn't a pokemon version of the Neo Mode 07 script :3 but yeah, there are only 7 terrain tags.

I'll be looking into that.

As for wi-fi, there'll be something coming soon about that, i have to get everything sorted.

I think this is 1 feature to leave out, RMXP was not the best for online games.
But the engine is coming out nicely!

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Well first of all, there isn't a pokemon version of the Neo Mode 07 script :3 but yeah, there are only 7 terrain tags.

I'll be looking into that.

Here's an idea.

What about an external manager like Poccil made? It supports terrain tags up to 99. That should be enough for anything, and then some.

Also, what about priority tiles? Could those possibly be used instead? I know it would require editing the script, but priority tiles are supposed to perform a similar function, right? Besides, if you did that, then you'd be able to use terrain tags to set up water and such, which seems more reasonable to me.

Just an idea...

Well battles and trading more than likely won't be real time, it'll be more in the GTS kinda style.
GTS battles?
... Explain, please.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
As in the trading style, like uploading your pokemon to GTS then someone else trades with you.

That's what it'd be like i think.
Yeah, I get that, but you said battles would work like that, and that confuses me.

How do battles work for a GTS setting? There's only one way I can see that working and I highly disapprove of it.

Also, thanks for at least checking back on the thread, too. I've seen plenty of projects where the creator just abandons it entirely without ever releasing it.

koby1

The M4's Best Freind
Years
Just to clear up what I meant by WIFI Turn based where you can upload your team to a server and download others... you can choose to connect to server if you want.
Neo Mode 7- What icegod said.
Also a new thought came across me can you script it to where while and after the pokemon attacks you can hear a person speak like in Pokemon Battle revolution.

Years
IceGod64 said:
How do battles work for a GTS setting? There's only one way I can see that working and I highly disapprove of it.

What way were you thinking of?
What i was thinking of was people upload their teams to a SQL database and others can choose to battle them etc.

Koby1 said:
Also a new thought came across me can you script it to where while and after the pokemon attacks you can hear a person speak like in Pokemon Battle revolution.

I can do that as an Add-on yeah.

IceGod64 said:
Also, thanks for at least checking back on the thread, too. I've seen plenty of projects where the creator just abandons it entirely without ever releasing it.

Heh, well as i said, i'll be going back to it in a month anyway, so best to answer questions as I go rather than a month's worth at once.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
What way were you thinking of?
What i was thinking of was people upload their teams to a SQL database and others can choose to battle them etc.

That.

Battling only works realtime, IMO. There are too many different strategies a CPU-controlled team wouldn't understand.

Years
It wouldn't be that hard to host your own server with, say...Hamachi. But the problem with that is that your computer won't always be left on. I would say somehow host it through your website, but the company who hosts your website might not do those things :<, that and the extra costs that will no doubt be involved.
Also, try having a look at HyperGTS (I won't link to it, because it mimics the GTS. Sort of "hacking" cross between "AR").
HyperGTS is a program that mimics the Global Trade System, by setting your NDS to connect to your computer first, before going through your router, you can re-direct it to the "fake" GTS and Send or Receive Pokemon.
A similar approach could be used, but it will be RMXP on a computer connecting to an IP address through the internet....../Hamachi seems easier Lol

Years
Well i'm taking a month's break from it, so not in the next month at least :)

I would say maybe 2-3 months, so don't wait for it before starting your project.

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2013
alright, i wanted to know cause i have a little problems with your script and the other pokestarters i can't make it work perfectly but iam glad (don't know how you say that) that your are going to make a pokestarter

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Hmm, well i guess i could somehow work on something to make battles and trades realtime, it'd be really tough though...
I hope that isn't demanding too much, it's just important to me.

It will be easy to add new Pokemon in your engine, correct? I plan for my game to have 51 fakemon to even the species count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back