• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon StarterKit XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gmack

I'm back!
Years
  • This is really looking good! Your knowledge of scripting will really make this starter kit amazing. Definitely going to make a game with this.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • Wow, this is looking great. Gotta' give you props; you're doing an amazing job.
    Keep it up, I'll definitely support this any way I can.

Years
  • Thanks for your support people :D

Hrm, there'll be a little announcement in the next PlanetCast (Podcast made by me and the staff of my site) concerning Christmas at PlanetDev and the like, so stay tuned for that around next weekend sometime.

If you're not a member, check out the link in my sig, it'll take you there.

Concerning the kit right now, i think i'll be working on the summary screen next. That should be easy enough :D

Also, if you haven't seen the video yet, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFzi0HX6n94

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • Thanks for your support people :D

Hrm, there'll be a little announcement in the next PlanetCast (Podcast made by me and the staff of my site) concerning Christmas at PlanetDev and the like, so stay tuned for that around next weekend sometime.

If you're not a member, check out the link in my sig, it'll take you there.

Concerning the kit right now, i think i'll be working on the summary screen next. That should be easy enough :D

Also, if you haven't seen the video yet, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFzi0HX6n94

Can't wait, last one was fun.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Noticing the mystery gift function, does that mean in theory if we had the kit we could download a shiny bulbasaur right now? Or is there a method by which you can allow/disallow the function in game (say you have to do x event to unlock it)?

Other than that it looks fantastic CNG. Keep up the good work!

Years
  • Yes, if you had the kit, you could download the gift right now.
    I'll add in a switch condition so that you can only access mystery gift if a certain switch is on.

Years

Instead of doing the summary screen, i opted instead to make the Season splash screens for when you first enter the game.

I'll only be providing very simple graphics for them as I think that if you have imagination you can do something special with it.

Years
  • I can't believe you made all of that.

Great job, keep it up!

One question...

Are you going to add an online function, like battling, and trading through the internet in real time?

That would be awesome, but still, awesome job!

Last edited:

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
    Years
  • Good Job chris :] i would love to help with the remaining graphics here is the start of my portfolio and you can take a look from there :]

tylerab01.deviantart.com

Thanks

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Looks really good, I've always wanted to get into making a game....but never really got the right oppurtunity to get a start.

Hopefully I might try it with this when it's finished.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • The only complaint I have is that the scrolling Pokémon moves too slow.
    Look at the RBY title screen, and you'll notice that the Pokémon move a lot faster than they did in yours.
    But everything's looking great so far. Keep it up, Chris.

Years
  • I don't think that people are understanding this, i've repeated myself over and over that i'm trying to make this as close to Black/White as possible. Please read the posts guys before asking the same questions over and over.

I don't mind answering questions, but answering the same ones gets a bit tiring :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back