• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Hey guys.

I'm not gonna be on the club for six months, starting on the 26th of January, and in fact am not going to focus on anything relating to Misty during those six months.

It's nothing against you guys. I just want to make sure that I don't become a similar monster to the likes of Cybercubed/Scott85/Gliscor'd by leaving the Misty fanbase for a while. If I can retain my loyalty to Misty for the six months, then I'll take breaks without worrying about losing my loyalty to Misty. If I ever end up somehow losing my loyalty by even the slightest amount, I'll return to the club in an attempt to regain my loyalty to Misty, and conclude that I shouldn't take breaks. You can thank my dad for suggesting it.

Anyways, as part of my new years resolution, I also intend to get some signatures at GPC before Wednesday, when Misty is officially off limits for six months. I'm sorry for not doing it sooner, but it's hard to do petitioning when there isn't an actual set schedule akin to High School. Oh, well. Best to do it now, especially when on Monday, I have a 2.5 hour break period between classes, which along with studies will give me more than enough time.

In the meantime, try to keep the club as active as you can, and try to gain more supporters to bring her back.

@Nickstr: Good for you. I'd be upset for breaking the boycott, but considering how it relates to episodes to Misty, which was made an exception by myself due to making the message more clear, I won't.

As for the repeal, I'd rather it be repealed than be kept passed considering how it was only created so some sick author can exploit loopholes he created to get away with creating rape comics. I mean, if it has to pass, it should have been without loopholes for terrible people to exploit.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 1, 2014
Its just my goal is to collect ALL of Pokemon's original series on DVD and I am so close to realizing it! I will also be going with Pokemon Chronicles but volumes 2 and 3 only as they contain the Cerulean City episodes.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 1, 2014
That is NOT a "cameo" more like a reference or mention. A cameo is a speaking role lasting for part of an episode, a complete episode, or multiple episodes that either influences the plot or is a passive role.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 1, 2014
If you think that way then I guess you will fit in well. I think so too but at least here unlike other groups you are not condemned for liking Misty and being open about it.

Misty Fan

Water Pokemon Master
Years
If i can join i will. I love Misty and yes she should come back she is cute and i loved her Psyduck. If they got rid of Ash as the main character Misty would be the best person as a replacement. Why did they get rid of Misty? They should of got rid of Brock first. I hope Misty returns during BW even if its for 1 episode only.

Years
If i can join i will. I love Misty and yes she should come back she is cute and i loved her Psyduck. If they got rid of Ash as the main character Misty would be the best person as a replacement. Why did they get rid of Misty? They should of got rid of Brock first. I hope Misty returns during BW even if its for 1 episode only.
Note that they did replace Brock during the Orange Island saga, but brought him back because Tracey was awful. But they have finally gotten rid of Brock in B/W.

For some reason, I feel that the writers have always wanted Ash's companions, but they still kept Brock. After replacing Misty, both May and Dawn were also replaced for the next region. I don't think Iris would last for another region either.

A lot of people have been speculating a special episode with all of Ash's previous companions on the occasion of Pokemon's 15th anniversary. We'll have to see if that even happens. ;D

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 1, 2014

I think the reason why Misty was gotten rid of was to add another prong in the advertising attack starting with Advanced Generation which included contesting. And yes as mentioned earlier on Brock was eliminated for the Orange Islands but I did hear he is gone now too. This is just second hand knowledge in my case I am finished keeping up with the Pokemon anime and refuse to watch any recent or first run episodes but still watch the show's first 275 episodes.

Tox

fight me
Years
Nine days since the last post. D: I'd like to join (if that's what you do here). It looks like the original creator has been gone for a long time so joining/adding banners probably doesn't happen a lot.

Anyway, back on topic: I think that Misty was eliminated from the animé so they could help promote the newer regions. Misty and Brock are both Kanto Gym Leaders and while Johto is connected to the Kanto region, Hoenn was made to be completely separate. Also, with the introduction of contests, promoting the Advanced Generation would be tough. Misty was always more battle-orientated and changing her personality would be horrible. I do think there's probably something to do with eyecandy too though which sucks because Misty was such a memorable character. She's by far my favourite female protagonist. I've made an AMV of her for my profile which will probably be redone once I buy a better video editor.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 1, 2014
That was DREADFULLY shallow of them but most likely the real reason as sad as it sounds. I don't think in the least that Misty has been forgotten by those outside of the Pokemon anime staff because there is still fan art and fan fiction along with anime music videos. As of today I can say that I have all of Pokemon's original series on DVD but discovered something of a surprise in the Johto Journeys DVD box set which I will show in the form of a picture. As for Misty, at the very least she IS eyecandy but calling her just that is shallow as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back