• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Speculators say that since everything is being rushed, there is a large chance Misty may not appear.

This may be crazy thinking but this could lead to the belief that Misty may never appear in the show again, except for cameos like in the opening.

I thought users already had that belief.

All I know is that as soon as I master the Japanese language to the extent that I actually seem like a Japanese person, and I acquire enough funds, I am going to go over to Japan with the intention of ending this whole Misty thing once and for all, even if it has to result in the cancellation of the show. To me, it's better that a show that doesn't give the majority of its characters closure and treats the majority of its female cast like... well... the Triplets from BATB ends up erased than allow it to exist and possibly corrupt the youth (which has already been corrupted enough for my Health class to even hint that Anorexia and Bulimia were caused by modeling magazines). If they won't bring Misty back to at least receive decent enough closure (meaning, she actually pursues her goal as a Water Pokemon Master rather than keep her holed up in the Gym doomed to become a JJM-esque character as a result), then the show deserves to cease to exist.

Besides, if you've seen my videos on youtube, you'll know exactly why I hated that stereotype.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Speculators say that since everything is being rushed, there is a large chance Misty may not appear.

This may be crazy thinking but this could lead to the belief that Misty may never appear in the show again, except for cameos like in the opening.
    Ah, that would suck D:
    She's like the goddess of Pokemon xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Ah, that would suck D:
    She's like the goddess of Pokemon xD

While I'm christian, and thus believe in only one god, I do somewhat agree with Misty technically being the goddess of Pokemon, as she was one of the first main characters.

Say, you live in Japan? Since you're a Misty Fan, and you are Japanese, could you go over to either the Pokemon Company HQ, Shopro, or TV Tokyo and try to establish contact with the person who heads those companies and negotiate them into bringing her back? Maybe you should also bring anyone in Japan in your country who is a Misty fan, as many as you can find, right to their doorstep and picket them in a manner similar to a protest, and make sure it's significant enough for them to notice. If what some fans are saying is true and Japan only cares for people within its country in regards to franchises, then something like this would certainly cow them enough to bring her back. I'll also intend to back you up by finding anyone in America to help.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Well, the fact that they've even sent Brock away and are trying to get a "fresh start" with the games implies to me they won't be bringing Misty back permanently. But I'd watch the series again if they brought her back for at least one season. :( I only watch the Misty seasons nowadays. They were just better overall and she's the best girl we've had.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    The only time we'd definitely know that Misty returning isn't permanent is if they cancel the show.

Personally, I'd rather have the show cancelled than allow the show to continue on with girl-swapping, especially girl-swapping with girls who are sexist stereotypes.

If they wanted to truly make a fresh start, then they should replace Ash and Pikachu as well, since that's the only way that a fresh start can truly happen (as it requires the complete elimination of anything old, and allow the main cast and absolutely everything to be new.).

Well, let's see how the new girl is. If she's good enough, while I won't completely end the boycott, I might put the alert status down until further notice. However, they'll still need to bring Misty back, even if the new girl is not of the Female Anime Stereotype, since she still needs to accomplish her goal, and not have her potential wasted at the gym to the point that she'll end up just like JJM.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Hopefully, Brock will come back soon. If all these good characters go, I'm not going to watch it anymore D:

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    True, there really will be no point in watching one of these days other than past episodes. I have been watching nothing but past episodes from the show's first and second generation for a while now but not doing marathons of them.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    Those two are my favorites and in fact if I were to rank the seasons I do watch based on how much I like them it would go 1, 2, 5, 3, 4 based on rewatch value for me. Boomerang (a US digital cable and satellite channel) is airing reruns of Pokemon's fourth season right now which is fillers upon fillers at this point. Plus, nice to see you again Pokeslob and just like me I see you are branching out a bit.

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
  • Hi everyone! I'm glad to see this club is still active!

I've dropped by to share a new Misty fanart :D

http://mistywishmaker.deviantart.com/#/d2wnxup

mistystaringupcoloringt.jpg

Also, I agree: I rewatch the old episodes to revive my love for Misty :D

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Welcome RockHardSemi!

Hi mistywishmaker, good to see you back. I like this fanart.

Hmm. Time goes on, Pallet episode is getting closer and closer. Still hope to see her there. I can't wait.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    Some people have doubts that its going to happen but her last appearance was a surprise going by episode titles and synopses.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back