• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Does ANYBODY still play their GBA games more than the newer games (NDS)?

Danny Leo

The Best There Is!
Years
DannyLeo
same. i finally caught all 60 pokemon for national again. i restarted, and decided it would be fun to beat game with only 3 pokemon xD and as a challenge, i beat elite four first time with, going into elite four, a level 54 blastoise and nothing else xD i used only one hyper potion, and a couple of ethers/elixirs xD came out with champion title, couple thousand pokedollars, and a lvl 69 blastoise ;)

Sweet xD. I'm always too afraid to go into the Pokemon League without a full team of six pokemon in their level 50s.

Pinta77

I play ROM hacks more than both because except for black/white and Black2/white2, ive beat them all multiple times. And even then, i beat white version once. I assume black is the same except for white forest or whatever.

Id say I play diamond version a little more then my gba games because i restarted the gba ones.

kingofeds

The Ed-olution is here!
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2022
I play semi-competitively against my friends on the DS games, but otherwise, I'm playing older games or hacks for the most part. I beat Black, got halfway through White and got a bit bored of them. Maybe I just have an affinity for the older games, but definitely 1st and 3rd generations see the most play from me.

Years
I own 2 DSes, a lite and a DSi. I also have a GBA SP which I use for playing my advance games. I don't play emulators because I consider myself a legit player. I have both HG/SS, White, LG, and Emerald. And I play all of them except White, I rarely ever play White.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
always played more of the older gen games than the 4th/5th gen ones. probably owning to the amount of hacks available for the older gens

Years
Hell yeah!

I still play emerald like there is no tomorrow, i play it on my gba sp. im probably gunna play a lot of black 2 when it comes out. ive never been so excited for a pokemon game on ds as such as black 2!

SSJ4Ash

Saiyan Poke-Master
Years
Still play a little ruby on my glacier gba or play Ruby/saphire/emerald, or fire red/leaf green on my CFW psp. :)

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
When I do play Pokémon games, I will always play a GBA game over the DS entries. FireRed for semi-nostalgia and its graphics style, and Emerald for its mechanics and features. Although the new games are technically better based on content and competition, I just can't get into them. I guess my problem is that there's just too many Pokémon, items, and mechanics for me to memorize anymore. Plus I don't like having to completely adjust what I'm used to after so many years of playing the classics, especially the Physical/Special split and pseudo-3D graphics.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
I dislike the newer gen Pokemon games too. The only things that I like are the wifi interaction with other people and the distribution of Event pokemon via wi-fi. Although the graphics have been updated, I feel that gameplay is way more important than grapthics and I really dislike alot of the gameplay of the newer games excluding HG/SS

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
My Pokemon Black has not been played in nearly 3 months. The most recent Pokemon games that I have played are Ruby and Emerald to be honest. I enjoy them so much more than the DS games.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
I do, but not as much as I used to. All Gen III games are my favourites. I may not have a lot of spare time for them but I play them from time to time. Mostly nostalgic purposes. And from that, I get some awesome Pokemon for me to migrate/transfer to the DS games.

-

Call me Dash.
Years
Yeah, I played Diamond, it's...ok. Haven't gone for 5th gen. But I do still play a lot of third gen. Sitting next to me I have... My original Yellow, Silver, Crystal and Sapphire. But then I have emulators.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2012
While I own most Pokemon games, I have a hard time enjoying them outside of emulators, they feel so slow to me.

Pokemon_Trainer_Danny

Slateport resident
Years
I do. Pokémon Emerald and Pokémon LeafGreen are the Pokémon games I mostly play nowadays. I only enjoy Pokémon Pearl and Pokémon White, but I love the GBA games.

Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
Yes OMG yes haha I love fire red and ruby and sapphire ... :) classics and some time I even go back to Red

Back