• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moving House

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I've never moved before, but I'm hoping to change that this year. Going to try to get a place of my own - a pretty big step, since I didn't live on campus in college and I've lived here my whole life. Scary but exciting!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The funny thing about me is that as a kid, I took pride in the fact that I was never going to move! Or so I thought. I don't accept change too well, so when I saw kids on tv shows that moved or "the new kid" that moved in and such, I was always like, "Glad I'll never do that!" Ohohoho. Silly Syd.

My first move was when I was 10, going on 11. We moved to a double wide behind my new step dad's barber shop on the highway and I had to switch schools. I hated that school and those kids were wretched. I didn't do a damn thing and I had them telling me "Go back to where you came from!" and I guess it didn't help that my response was always, "I would LOVE to if it meant getting away from you people." This was all 6th grade btw. By the time elementary school graduation came along (which I had graduated elementary school in 4th grade at my previous, and better, school) I was so relieved that I was going back to my old school with my actual friends. Even better was that we moved right down the street from the best friend I had left behind. Oh and yeah my mom divorced that guy js. And we eventually moved back into the house we had previously. So happy!

My next move was when I got a new step dad and we're still in this house, and thankfully, the school I went to wasn't that bad, and provided more opportunities than my previous one. So although it was a rough transition at the time (I won't go into detail...but believe me, it was BAD) it was for the best really.

The next move was to my paw paw's house, which isn't far from my mom's, just closer to my university. I lived there with him, and later my uncle moved in, for two years until my paw paw passed away in June of last year. I moved back with my mom, but idk if that really counts as a big move cause I've lived here before...lol

OH technically my first move I was like 2 so idk if that counts. Basically...I have moved seven times throughout my life, but I only listed the major moves. I think it's a bit confusing...I didn't move out of the state or county though so I mean, these aren't big moves to other people obviously. :P

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
Years
I moved once when I was about five or six, though I can't remember much about it other than the packed boxes in our old house, as well as looking at some new houses with my parents at the real estate. :3

However, just recently I moved out of home and into student accommodation at uni. It was exciting to begin a new chapter of my life; a change is what I really needed! I'm still living in the same city (just a different suburb), so I'm not far from my family which is great. It isn't a hassle to come back and visit them on the odd weekend when I am free. I feel this is a good first step towards independent life, because I'm still relatively close to them, while at the same time I can enjoy being independent. :D

Despite all this, the moves haven't been that significant compared to what some of you guys have experienced. All my moves have been within a couple of hundred kilometres. :)

ChocolateCrunch

Not an old man. x]
Years
I've moved 2 times. The first was when I was around 4 years old, but that was only around the corner. A few months ago I moved to my new little bungalow thing. My first move wasn't too bad because it was only a few roads away from my old house, but having my own place effected me quite a bit, with the rent etc.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
I've moved once, or twice, I've forgotten silly me but I was little then so I just went along with watever my parents said and... moved :P We moved pretty far imo

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Yes, I have moved house twice!

I moved out of home last November... took all my stuff to another house about 5-10 minutes away by car... then ten days later I moved it all back again because we got evicted :P

Years
I moved house quite a lot when I was younger. So far I've lived in five different places. They've all been within an hours drive of one another though.
My first house was in Chorlton, Manchester. Then when I was about 4-5 we moved to Stockport and lived above a funeral directors, then a few years later we moved to Salford and lived next to a duneral directors for about ten years. Then after that my parents got a house in Clifton and that's where they still live now. I still kinda live there to but right now I'm living in Ormskirk for unil.

I don't really mind moving house anymore. I guess that's a good thing since I'll be moving into another house next year for my second year at uni.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I have only moved once in my life. I was 5 at the time and according to my dad we moved because we needed a bigger house. It was only several blocks down and I could probably walk from my current home to my old home in about 30 minutes , about 10 minutes by car.(according to Google Maps lol.) Not that far really. Don't remember alot about the old house, but thanks to technology, I was able to find it and see what it looked like on Google Maps. :')

Back