• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moving House

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • Once! But when I was really young, three or so I think. We bought another house in a neighbouring suburb and decided to move there! Not a big shift, but still a shift! We still own the first house we lived in; we currently rent it out.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I've moved ~15 times in my life, 3 of them across country if you don't include my move to college since that's only temporary.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    When I lived with my parents up to age 18, I never moved once and it was nice to be completely settled. Once I moved out though, oh my... let's see. I lived in a dorm my first two years at college, then the same college apartment for two years after that. It sucked to move then, but it wasn't nearly as bad compared to later. I moved into an apartment and then moved into a rental house the next year. I then moved into a townhouse the year after that! I hate moving, omg! D: It's so much work -.- but luckily I've lived here for three years now and it's been working out great. :D

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I did, in September of 2011. I'd lived in my old place for all my life, and everything and everyone I cared for lived there, so moving was hard, but I managed.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    When I was nearly a year old, my family moved from a drug-ridden, somewhat dangerous city to a small, middle-of-nowhere town. I can't remember living in the first place, obviously. Considering the first several months of my life were spent in a hospital, I'm not even sure I ever was in the first apartment. x:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I've moved four times in my life. I see a lot of friends and family who have moved from places that have been demolished or trashed and they get really emotional about it, so I'm glad I've never lived at a residence long enough to get that attached.

I have had some houses that I preferred over others, though, and do kind of miss them but I like where I'm at now.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • When I was 7 years old I moved to Denmark for a year because my Dad got a job there, then from Denmark to Scotland where I still live today. I am planning to move me and my daughter to England to be closer to her dad's parents.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • A few times with my family and once on my own. The family ones were a pain because my mom owns all of this junk that she refuses to get rid of like half of an encyclopedia set from the 80's and large plastic bins full of outdoor Christmas decorations. Most of it stayed packed since we had no use for it, but we still had to lug it around from house to house. I'll probably end up moving at least once more in my lifetime, but if things go well then it'll be the last time.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Moved from New York to Europe, and then moved house like 4 times in the course of 7 years cause of crappy landlords. Finally gonna move to our own apartment, which was finally free of any tennants.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
  • I spent my entire life until I was 17 in my parents house, when me and a friend moved into a small house together. about 2 years ago my partner moved in with us and my friend went off to university, but still stays during the holliday.

When I moved in, it was pretty easy as the only things I bought with me were clothes, a necklace and my PC. Everything else I bought new, it felt more like a 'fresh start' that way. and I didn't have many fond memories of my old stuff/growing up.

Years
  • I've moved so many times I have to count it out.

Illinois to England. England to Wisconsin. Wisconsin to Nebraska. Nebraska to Japan. Two house swaps in Japan. Japan to Kansas. One house to another in Kansas. Kansas to Germany. Germany to Nebraska. Nebraska to Wisconsin. Wisconsin to Kansas. Move into apartment in Kansas.

Soooooo, at least 13. Possibly more if I've forgotten swapping houses in other places.

My mom was in the military; that's why we moved so much. I hope I don't have to move again anytime soon. It's nice to know that I'm in the position where I can just stay for awhile.

Years
  • I only moved house once, when I was very young.

A hailstorm damaged the house I was living in so I moved to the next suburb down. At least I have had no problems since then and I've been living in my current premises for 12 years now.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I've moved only three times in my lifetime. The first time was from Europe to the US when I was 5, the second was moving across the street to a different apartment about 2 years later, and the most recent was in 2001 when I moved to my current residence.

I vaguely remember not wanting to leave the first time, but the other times I didn't have a problem moving.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I spent most of my life in one house, but I moved about two times before that, two times during (it was my grandparents' house, so we moved out and moved back in twice), and have since moved (technically) twice after it. We're going to be moving again at the end of May. I know I lived in one house before, but I'm pretty sure we moved once (maybe twice) before we moved in with my grandparents. I'll have to ask my dad about that.

We stayed in New Jersey for all of them, except for one when we moved to Virginia for a short period of time and then moved back into the house I consider the one I grew up in. I miss it. :(

Aeon.

Carrion
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    I moved to a different county when I was fourteen. I didn't have a problem with it, especially since it was a different part of the State.

Years
  • I've lived in 6 different places over the course of my life, but never moved any further than 16 km/10 miles from my previous place. It was always just far enough away though that I had to switch schools each time, where I think I had a period of going to 4 different schools in a span of 5 years.

Back