The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 2nd, 2014, 01:45 PM
Rainbow_Dash
Swagmaster Admiral

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
I can't help but feel that the (real)Pony of Shadows might pop in in the finale...
Old April 2nd, 2014, 07:48 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
As we're getting closer and closer to the season finale, does anyone have a favorite episode so far?
It's tied between "Three's a Crowd" and the Cheese Sandwich episode, because 1) Discord is a master troll, and 2) Weird Al is awesome.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 10:09 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
As we're getting closer and closer to the season finale, does anyone have a favorite episode so far?
There've been a couple of episodes that I've enjoyed, with my top ones being Pinkie Pride and Maud Pie. I wasn't a big Pinkie Pie fan to start off, but the more I've been watching, the more she grows on me.

Spoiler:
Anything with Weird Al in it always makes it better, and I was happy that Cheese Sandwich was basically him in pony form, rather than him trying to play a different character. I also loved the huge contrast between Pinkie and Maud in their episode, and I hope that this isn't the only time we see Maud going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamais View Post
A couple weeks ago though, something led me to looking up the names of the main characters on the show, and I figured that was as good a time as any to give it a shot.
With April Fools out of the way now, I guess I can say that what I was referring to when I signed up was this forum description for PGen. This is what I get for trying to be punny!
Old April 2nd, 2014, 10:37 PM
Denny Hamlin
The S o u l Survivor

Nature: Brave
Pinkie Pride is definitely another favorite of mine tbh! Her attitude seemed a but over the top, but she's still funny regardless.

Spoiler:
Weird Al guest starring in that episode blew my mind at first, but he really did pulled it off! I applaud at the writers that made it possible. It was a great episode that I will watch over and over. <3

& Brendan that was the best pun you made on AFD imo. <3
Old April 3rd, 2014, 04:12 AM
Monster Guy
The Best Possible Thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamais View Post
With April Fools out of the way now, I guess I can say that what I was referring to when I signed up was this forum description for PGen. This is what I get for trying to be punny!
I would so watch that. My favorite would be Clefairity. xD *shot*

You try to think of a good one this early in the morning.
Old April 4th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Denny Hamlin
The S o u l Survivor

Hey guys! Got news to share!~

My Little Pony toys are back at McDonalds! They are promoting the Rainbow Power special.

http://www.happymeal.com/en_US/index.html#/Toys

excuse me for a sec, I'll be getting one with (hopefully) Rarity in it!~
Old April 4th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Houndour2005

Here is a new teaser from the upcoming episode Testing, Testing 1, 2, 3 that is about the Wonderbolts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3yefNO5Ep4
Old April 5th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

TwiDash Galore:

Spoiler:
I'm not kidding, there's so many TwiDash moments in this episode due to the heavy focus on just those two before the rest of the mane six jumped into the fray. Putting that aside, this is an episode that pretty much everyone can relate to, because we've all been there before: A very important test is coming up, and you have so little time to study, to the point where you just want to give up. But in the end, we all have a different method of studying for a test, just like how Rainbow Dash was able to learn her history through multi-tasking (flying and scanning the area while talking), which brings me to this question for those who've already watched it:

Which of the mane six's study methods would you prefer?

Personally I would go old-school and pick Twilight's method, because it's a method I've been taught at school throughout my life.
Old April 5th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Hani-senpai
The Boy with a Sweet Tooth
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Hani-senpai
Username: Loki of Sassgard
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: It's a cross between Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy for me. :/ If I can choose just one, it'd probably be Fluttershy. She was my first favorite.
Additional Information: Rainbow Dash is just so cool and confident. I love how she has no fear towards anything and has such a carefree attitude. I also love Fluttershy because she's shy and doesn't always get heard, which is a lot like me. I also have a big Fluttershy plush and a little Rainbow Dash. :3 I really want to get a Rainbow Dash hoodie.

Also, I may not post here much. I haven't gotten that far in MLP since I've been trying to watch it on Netflix at the moment. :[ I'll do my best to post here when the topic is good for me though.

pair tumblr blog mibba deviantart credit
Old April 6th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Denny Hamlin
The S o u l Survivor

Yay! Welcome, welcome, RainbowShy!

I have one of Fluttershy's traits, and that would be how she is so super kind with animals. I love that in her, because whenever an animal is in trouble, she will do anything to keep it healthy and safe, no matter how big or small!

Hope you can catch up with the episodes! Thank goodness for netflix and all. Seasons 1-3 are on there :D Also the club is spoiler free so there's no need to worry about getting spoilered and all. :)

What would be your favorite episode so far?
Old April 7th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Hani-senpai
Community Supporter

Quote:
Yay! Welcome, welcome, RainbowShy!

I have one of Fluttershy's traits, and that would be how she is so super kind with animals. I love that in her, because whenever an animal is in trouble, she will do anything to keep it healthy and safe, no matter how big or small!

Hope you can catch up with the episodes! Thank goodness for netflix and all. Seasons 1-3 are on there :D Also the club is spoiler free so there's no need to worry about getting spoilered and all.

What would be your favorite episode so far?
I tend to have her shyness. I know she's really shy and kind of quiet at times. That's how I am, especially in real life. >w<

I'll watch them on my iPad at some point, even though the sound is a bit messed up.

Well... I don't really have any favorite episodes that I can think of. o.o

Old April 7th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Denny Hamlin
The S o u l Survivor

Youtube is also a good way to watch the episodes (PM me if if you want recommended channels and such), so in case you aren't around netflix you can still watch the episodes there.

I really like your theme, btw! I'm not a...shipping kind of person, but Dash x Fluttershy are two awesome bff's :3 They're both like, the opposite of one another ^__^

Episode review time! Twilight & Rainbow episode :D

Spoiler:
We can all relate to what Rainbow Dash did in terms of studying and such. We all didn't want to study for exams because all we want to do is to have fun and not study. I love how Twilight has shown her seriousness towards schooling and studying, and as a princess herself I believe she could be an excellent teacher in an academy or something.

also PINKIE PIE RAPPING WAS EPIC OMG.

and then

Spoiler:
Which of the mane six's study methods would you prefer?
Rarity's costumes, for sure. She designed them in every stitch and it's awesome to learn about the past in terms of fashion.
Old April 7th, 2014, 09:21 PM
Hani-senpai
Community Supporter

Oh, I don't ship them. XD I actually just combined their names like that because I love them both as my favorite characters. It just looked better with the Shy capitalized like that too. I actually made this theme myself to fit my name. :D It was hard to find pics of them that didn't look so shippy. DX

And thanks~ I'll keep that in mind.

Old April 7th, 2014, 10:27 PM
TheRainbowFennekin

Is it too late for me to join the discussion?
Old April 7th, 2014, 10:37 PM
Hani-senpai
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainbowFennekin View Post
Is it too late for me to join the discussion?
You have to fill this out to join:

Username:
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6:
Additional Information: (Why did you choose <pony>? What got you into MLP? etc)

:3

Old April 7th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Denny Hamlin
The S o u l Survivor

Yes yes! Please join in with the form required.

OR

you can introduce yourself by telling us how you got into ponies and stating your favorite pony. :3

& about youtube. I was gonna edit that post about recommending YT channels. Apparently all of the channels with the full episodes were taken down sadly. D: You know, copyright reasons and all that. Wanna watch an episode? It's $1.99 each. :P
Old April 8th, 2014, 12:45 AM
TheRainbowFennekin

(Thanks)

Name: Rainbow (I guess it's my official nickname on here?)
My favourite pony is Rainbow Dash.
I've been sorta obsessed with Rainbow Dash for a year now but I only just got around to properly watching the show this week. I got into it thanks to RainbowShy and because of other stuff.
Old April 8th, 2014, 12:55 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
New ponies are joining the herd.
Always nice to see new ponies around~

Anyway, tomorrow, I'll be watching Episode 21, since it's a National Holiday tomorrow in my country that I don't care about.
Old April 8th, 2014, 01:55 AM
TheRainbowFennekin

Awesome! I wish it was available on normal tv here and not cable TV. We don't have Netflix either. My dad's a bit of a TV hog and so I don't get to watch it that much.
Old April 8th, 2014, 03:53 AM
Monster Guy
The Best Possible Thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainbowFennekin View Post
Awesome! I wish it was available on normal tv here and not cable TV. We don't have Netflix either. My dad's a bit of a TV hog and so I don't get to watch it that much.
Youtube is your friend! You can watch full episodes for free.
Old April 8th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Rainbow_Dash
Swagmaster Admiral

Nature: Adamant
Welp. After the last episode I suddenly have a whole ton more respect for Pinkie lol. I think its my new favorite episode.
As for YouTube episodes, copyright claims have been taking down episodes, (not to mention JanAnimations and Button Mash as a result) so you'll have much better luck finding full episodes on Dailymotion.
Old April 8th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Monster Guy
The Best Possible Thing!

I used to be able to watch episodes on Youtube. :/

Dailymotion works too.
Old April 8th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Denny Hamlin
The S o u l Survivor

It's probably the only place to watch episodes should any of you don't have netflix. With the strict copyright infringement policy in tact on youtube and Hasbro's now urging people to pay to watch episodes, it's not really worth it. There are other options like buying-to-download episodes from Amazon or iTunes, or buy the seasons on DVD/Blu-Ray.
Old April 8th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Seconding Daily Motion, which is where I go when I want to watch older pony episodes. Otherwise, I have to make sure to catch the new episodes on Sunday at the latest in order to not miss them on Youtube.

I wanted to talk about the last episode because it was just so unexpected.

Spoiler:
This was a really important episode. I don't mean in terms of the plot when it comes to the box, or anything like that. But the lesson in the episode is one that a lot of kids (and adults) should hear to reassure them.

School is tough for anyone who doesn't learn in the way that is followed in the classroom. So many students are left behind because their way of learning doesn't match up to the "tested and true" way to teach that is used. And for those that don't learn that way, they feel "dumb" compared to the "eggheads."

As someone who learns in their own way compared to what's used in school, I could identify with Rainbow Dash. I thought I was dumb because I didn't understand the lessons in school. If I could study my own way, I would have enjoyed school a whole lot more than I did. And to hear that lesson that a person isn't "dumb" just because they have their own way of learning is an amazing lesson that everyone needs to hear.

Plus, I like that each member of the Mane 6 had their own way of learning. That shows that everyone learns in their own way, and that one way won't work for another person...or pony.

This episode was just really great. From the lesson to Pinkie's rapping (the 90's throwback with the video quality made me love that scene), this episode is one of my favorites of the fourth season.

We have to Mega-move it!
Old April 10th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Denny Hamlin
The S o u l Survivor

Spoiler:
Bringing back the topic of learning your own way, I'm more of a "take note" person. I take notes even if I don't have to. If my teacher says DON'T TAKE NOTES, I'll do it anyways. I find that reading and writing notes helps me learn a lot more than listening, because I don't have to sit there and be like "oh what did he say again?" In this case it sounds like I'm more of a Twilight Sparkle learner, because she pretty much takes notes whenever and wherever, but I'm also more of a Visual Aid learner as well. I want to see actual objects and study them. Rarity's costume method always works for me. If I ever want to see someone portray as a historical figure or an atom, I rely on visual aids and costumes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here