• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's make a list of hacks that just NEED to be made

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2015
Like the title says, let us list the concepts for pokemon hack games that just NEED to be made. A good example of this would be, say, zombies. Which Snakewood did. So, let's just lay all the themes and concepts out that everyone obviously would want.

Starting with my contribution to this list

Post-apocalyptic theme

So, what else is something that obviously needs to be done at least once?

Blah

Free supporter
Years
A few things I'd like to see:

- You get to play as a travelling Gym leader or something similar.

- Replacement of the gym system in a way that's not relevant to battling. I've seen people do things like, the player needs to defeat an evil organisation (and what a surprise! that organisation has exactly 8 evil sergeant and 4 evil admins and 1 evil leader).

- Death, in a dark and sad manner. I've seen implied death only in hacks
Spoiler:

- Hack with a protagonist is the rival and you're the antagonist (I wanna see a friendship develop between the two, and eventually you convert to the good guys! Cheesy stories keep me happy :3 )

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
Pmd. Nuff said. Seriously, why are there so few?

More dystopians/darker storylines, a nonmodern setting, crossovers (there are a few, but there really need to be more), unique gameplay.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 22, 2022
I still have yet to see a completed Colosseum demake. So many people have tried...

Years
Soo Many Possibilities!

1. The Complete Orange Islands Game!
2. Pokemon X and Y 2D edition!
3. Pokemon Snap 2015 aka Pokemon Snap 2! for the 3DS.
4. A Minecraft and Pokemon Company Collab Game, not Pixelmon!

Yea! SkorXX signing off!~~

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
More hacks that don't follow the 'get all the badges beat the evil team' storyline would be nice, at this point I pretty much snooze on most of those. Say, a hack with you as a pokemon researcher who has to collect mons for study or something - the pokedex is built right in after all. Or a Pokemon Snap inspired one where you go around New Island and eventually meet Mew. Or a Detective hunting down Team Rocket and Team Magma - why always leave it up to ten year olds, am I right? I'd do the detective one myself but I have no ability to come up with cool murder mystery plots and stuff. -__-

Oooh, you know what'd be fun, a Pokemon Stadium inspired Hack. Although that doesn't have much of a story and would need better trainer AI.

Moar Yellow Hacks of any kind.

A hack where you play a ninja. (< Mostly joking, but srsly I would play actually)

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
Oooh, you know what'd be fun, a Pokemon Stadium inspired Hack. Although that doesn't have much of a story and would need better trainer AI.

I would love this. A hack where you get every (fully evolved) Pokemon at Level 100, every HM/TM/Move Tutor,an unlimited-use move relearner and breeder. Pokemon Showdown - GBA-edition, basically. You could just pick the Pokemon you want and play against a bunch of sample teams, and perhaps have some way of creating your own.

With all the new attacks and abilities being implemented, perhaps it could help players trying to get into competitive battling, perhaps? The AI is pretty dumb, tho.

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
- Replacement of the gym system in a way that's not relevant to battling. I've seen people do things like, the player needs to defeat an evil organisation (and what a surprise! that organisation has exactly 8 evil sergeant and 4 evil admins and 1 evil leader).
My hack,

crossovers (there are a few, but there really need to be more), unique gameplay.
My hack,

More hacks that don't follow the 'get all the badges beat the evil team' storyline would be nice, at this point I pretty much snooze on most of those.
My hack,

^_^^_^

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
Look, this really is a must... Let me write the things which I have been craving to see and play and feel, in a pokemon game.

Let me present you with a rough region map first (just to use as an example): http://s30.postimg.org/6nefjwv41/adf.png
1) As you can see, there are "12" cities to feature a gym in one region, instead of usual 8 used in every game. What I am imagining is, the player starts the game but the game world doesn't go linear except the first part of the game. And no city on the world map is blocked or restricted from accessing early, so player can take on any gym he wants in any order, and can travel almost pretty much any city/town with freedom, and all gym leaders use 6 pokemon in battles, and the levels of gym leaders' pokemon are determined according to how much badges you've got before battling them (example; level 10 team in your first gym, level 20 if you've got one badge, level 25 if you've got two badges, level 30 if you've got three badges, and so on...), and both your pokemon and gym leaders' pokemon's level become fixed to that level for the duration of the gym battle, and your pokemon don't gain experience, and both you and gym leader can't use any healing items (just like battle frontier/battle tower/world championship/battle subway etc. etc. from original pokemon titles). So this means no over-leveling the gym leader and winning easy battles against them or spamming potions, every gym leader has 6 pokemon, and both of your teams' levels are equal to each other, and even the worse, you cannot challenge the same gym leader ever again if you lose to him just once, even if you save before you battle him, the result of the gym battles are recorded independently from usual savefiles in one game! So this is why "12" gyms exist, the pokemon league still requires only 8 badges to participate, but out of 8 gyms, if you **** up at half of them, you can still go to 4 other cities and challenge 4 other gyms for second chances. All of these things, would make a particular pokemon game way more challenging and apart from any other pokemon games, and makes gym battling more strategy-oriented and requiring proper training of pokemon, instead of usual grinding and sweeping through of a gym with one pokemon's one move... The games always show it like every gym is a nothing special piece of cake, and you are the only one who is participating in pokemon league, as if you are the chosen one and on a fantasy oriented quest to take down 4 evil fiends. On the other hand every trainer you face on the next routes have higher leveled pokemon than a gym leader. And in spite of that it feels like nobody participates in that pokemon league. That is like a joke. This shouldn't be the case... I think this would be much more realistic and how it is like in the anime, lol. About the entrances/gates on the image, they are merely the only things restricting the player from advancing through at the first 2 gyms, and player needs to beat at least two gyms out of 4 in inner square in order to be able to travel to other cities and challenge other gyms. That's the only restriction keeping the player from visiting other cities that I've thought for this sketch.

2) Have you ever felt like that you are the only challenger of the pokemon league, and elite four literally has no life, because even if there are other challengers, they have to constantly battle and crush challengers, heal up quickly and battle another challenger, 24 hour of a 365 days of a year? The pokemon league should also be like how it is in the anime. Meaning, there is an actual tournament, and it doesn't feel like that you are the only one who challenges elite four to become the champion in game. There should be firstly a tournament section. You fight against randomly chosen trainers every battle. And healing items are still banned, but levels of the pokemon are not fixed, so you can grind and train your pokemon to your heart's content before participating in the tournament, also pokemon can gain experience through battles too. There should be a first 4 preliminary rounds, which you use only 3 pokemon to battle, and you can always change your team and ofcourse heal your party after each round and take a break before going to battle in next round. And you battle on a certain type of field each round previously mentioned by the announcer (namely those could be grass, rock, ice and lava fields) and those fields gives advantages to certain types. After first 4 rounds, trainers are allowed to use 6 pokemon in next 4 rounds, and every battle takes place on a regular field which doesn't give any advantages to any types. You fight against noticably tougher opponents on these rounds, and some of those trainers even should be a special familiar NPC who is known to be strong in the game (ex: player's rival). And the 8th round should be the final round, and after beating that and becoming the winner of the tournament, player should gain the right to challenge the elite four and the champion if he/she wants! And finally fighting against these elite four and champion should be just like how it is in the old vanilla games, meaning you can use items and healing and stuff, anything goes! And you can challenge any elite four member in any order you want...

So those are my big dreams, and those are what I want and expect from a pokemon game. Because seriously, I don't really want to play a linear pokemon game anymore, which it's compulsory to beat certain gyms in certain orders and/or certain cities being available after beating gyms, and I don't want to just go and beat elite four after gaining all badges, I want these things to be like how they are in anime. I want them to be organic.

Is there a hack/independent pokemon fan game like this yet?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 15, 2015
Plot-wise
You know what would be cool? A pokemon game involving time-travel at a back to the future fashion, maybe centered about celebi.

Gameplay-wise
A pokemon game where your actions have some effect on the game, like for example you can lose against a pokemon/rival and it will be acknowledged that you lost a battle. Because seriously, in the game it seems like you are the ultimate perfect trainer who just beats everybody (in pokemon X, i felt bad for defeating Serena so many times), and that feels kinda weak. Besides that, I agree with Erenussocrates, the elite 4 being a tournament would be really nice.
Then, I'd like the gym leaders to offer a fair battle. If they use only 2 pokes, it would be more challenging if it forced you to select only 2 pokes to battle too.

Last edited:
Years
I prefer the hacks with well designed story and character. Actually, I think no one can do this perfectly.
Recently I've thinking about a story set in the world which has been controled by evil organization such as Team Rocket for years.
Maybe player can be a recruit of the organization, fight against a group consist of people who were hurted by the organization years ago and want to take revenge. When fight them, player would doubt what is justice or the right thing? which side should he choose?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Hack in the time of Damos and pre-pokeballs, apricorns / berries / 'boiling brew of potions' with wild pokemon chosen randomly from every region/gen BUT fitting with the area
-deerling, sawsbuck, stantler, hoothoot, rattatta, ect and their evos in the forests.
- Mon's must make sense in the climate they go in, like the Safari Zones in pokemon glazed [and I think Light Platinum?]
- instead of battling 'gym leaders' you can go in any random direction to any budding village/town and beat the Village Master, works like a gym leader but you get nothing but exp.
- In-game dragonite/charizard/pidgeot flight service "Would you like to fly to -insert village name here? If so, it will cost you one berry/potion/apricorn"

- travel on water with rafts?

-..and then you return to your village and become it's Village Master after defeating the current one.

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
Years
Hmm... I guess I would have to say...

-A game where you go through Kalos and some other region. Includes all 721 Pokémon in some way or form.
-Play through Ash's Sinnoh adventures on a GBA game.
-Pokémon Academy (think Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, but with Pokémon)
-Play as Red in Johto, ends with the battle against Gold/Ethan.
-Play as Oak/Agatha in a Gen 1 Prequel.

Heck, if I had help with scripting, I'd make these games! (Please PM me if you can script)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 15, 2015
Hmm... I guess I would have to say...

-A game where you go through Kalos and some other region. Includes all 721 Pokémon in some way or form.
-Play through Ash's Sinnoh adventures on a GBA game.
-Pokémon Academy (think Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, but with Pokémon)
-Play as Red in Johto, ends with the battle against Gold/Ethan.

Heck, if I had help with scripting, I'd make these games! (Please PM me if you can script)

The Oak/Agatha one sounds interesting, has it been made before?, and I know a bit about scripting but I'm too busy at the moment with stuff :(

King Qusai

Zettai Makerarenai
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 1, 2020
Plot-wise
You know what would be cool? A pokemon game involving time-travel at a back to the future fashion, maybe centered about celebi.

Gameplay-wise
A pokemon game where your actions have some effect on the game, like for example you can lose against a pokemon/rival and it will be acknowledged that you lost a battle. Because seriously, in the game it seems like you are the ultimate perfect trainer who just beats everybody (in pokemon X, i felt bad for defeating Serena so many times), and that feels kinda weak. Besides that, I agree with Erenussocrates, the elite 4 being a tournament would be really nice.
Then, I'd like the gym leaders to offer a fair battle. If they use only 2 pokes, it would be more challenging if it forced you to select only 2 pokes to battle too.

you are practically describing the hack i'm working on right now,Pokemon Fire Red:Flash back to the future.
4 regional tournaments,a world championship, start with a Celebi with the follow-me script(hopefully) that will take back to the pre-apocalyptic time and a lot more!!
still needs tons of work and help but i don't give up .

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 15, 2015
you are practically describing the hack i'm working on right now,Pokemon Fire Red:Flash back to the future.
4 regional tournaments,a world championship, start with a Celebi with the follow-me script(hopefully) that will take back to the pre-apocalyptic time and a lot more!!
still needs tons of work and help but i don't give up .

Well that's cool, I don't know how much time do hack development take, but if you need some help I'll be able to help you in a couple of months (I'm close to finals in university at the moment)

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
Plot-wise

There's a fan game called Pokemon Zeta/Omicron which does almost practically the same thing as you said. Except celebi part.

Gameplay-wise
A pokemon game where your actions have some effect on the game,

There is a Pokemon Ruby Destiny series hack called Life of Guardians, and there were "multiple path choices" leading to different endings, as I heard.

There's a fan game somewhere out there which does THE EXACT same thing that you asked. Forgot the name. It might still be in development, and I did not hear good things about the creator too actually, lol.

Back