• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's make a list of hacks that just NEED to be made

Acnologia Rising

Koliax Rogue
Years
An idea I have always liked is a hack that limits what types are available to you, depending on the scenario.
EG.
-A Post-Apocalypic scenario would limit you to Bug, Poison, Dark, Ghost and maybe Steel types.
-A Great Flood scenario would limit it you to Flying, Water (duh), Ice and maybe the occasional grass type.

Another idea I like is one where it would allow you to choose your own path. A truly open world Pokemon Game.

wundrweapon

Memelord
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
there's a lot to this one so I'll spoiler it. NOTE: If anyone wants to make this for some reason, PM me about it
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I would like to see a romhack made like that you start in a home town living poorly and under the reign of a tyrant and his followers he lives like a king cause he managed to caught the legendary (insert legendary here ) then one day your mother is forced to work but she is to tired but they keep pressing and she collapse and that is when you had enough and start fighting back so you go to the resistance hideout and. They provided you with the power to fight back. Choose starter here
They give you 10 controlballs and explain that since they reign of the tyrant there áre few wild pokemon left so they had to make new balls that let you capture the oppents pokemon but this comes with a backlash the pokemon will resent you at first and will disobey sometimes ( happiness system). But that if you threat them right they will warmup too you

Now for the catch in this game pokeballs are gone captureballs is the new thing you lower the hp for pokemon just like normal but you take them from trAiners but likewise they can steal your pokemon

I dont know if this would be possible at all but if someone can do it please do!!!!!!

P.s. If my english is bad sorry not my native tongue

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
Years
We've seen hacks based around other franchises like Zelda, DBZ, Mario, etx. I'd like to see a Kingdom Hearts hack where we catch Heartless, Nobodies, Unversed, and Dream Eaters instead. It'd be fun having each city be a Disney location and instead of Pokèballs, the player uses Cards

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I've always wanted to see a hack with all the gyms in one town. You beat one gym, leave and explore the region, progress the plot, which unlocks the next gym, which unlocks more of the region to explore, and so on. Sort of like Spirit Tracks.

Years
- A better Mario and Pokemon crossover.

- A hack that makes fun of things often done in lower quality ROM hacks. (Everything is overpowered, random usage of non-Pokemon (not even Fakemon) characters as Pokemon yet still have actual Pokemon in there, usage of any method aside from Touched's for Mega Evolutions (IE: Use Mega Stone on Charizard to get Mega Charizard), terrible grammar etc.)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 4, 2017
- A hack that makes fun of things often done in lower quality ROM hacks. (Everything is overpowered, random usage of non-Pokemon (not even Fakemon) characters as Pokemon yet still have actual Pokemon in there, usage of any method aside from Touched's for Mega Evolutions (IE: Use Mega Stone on Charizard to get Mega Charizard), terrible grammar etc.)

Joke games became a big fad for a while in Zelda Classic circles. Personally, i never saw the point in making a purposefully bad game, but to each his own.

I'd like to see a big community project where a bunch of hackers contribute their fakemon to create one massive game with thousands of catchable monsters. FR supports 4 OW maps, natively, and with expanded memory, there's nothing truly stopping the community from making a massive world.

Also, something akin to PokeMMO, but with fakemon and original regions, would be awesome. The one huge drawback i personally find with most hack games is that you can't enjoy the game with friends, at all. To me, trading and battles against other actual players are the best parts of the series.

AceTheHanyou

ShakeTheHanyou
Years
I dont know if this was mention before because I didn't bother to read the post.
My Idea: Pokemon Zero version??? idk whatever name sounds cool
Base: Firered or Ruby rom please (if someone decides to use)
Details: MCs 17 years (age approriate)
Basically you start off hearing how bad the evil group (team whatever) is and start off the game normally. By like the 4 or 5 gym battle, the professor calls you back and sends you and your rival on a mission to defeat and destroy the group. Turns out that you were only clearing the way for your Professor to complete his evil plans. Yes, your professor has betrayed you, he's evil. Now after you earn let's say your 7th badge, the old leader of (team whatever) approaches pleading for help to stop the now evil professor. You and your Rival decide to start up your only army of trainers you fought along the way, Gym Leaders, and former Team Whatever name. Your army vs. Professor's army. You defeat all of the Professor's Aides, (because in every lab there's like 4 NPC Aides) the professor disappears. You earn your 8th badge, face off against the elite four. Become Champ, then hear news from your Army's scout that the professor has captured a legendary and is trying to destroy the world and he has taken your hometown hostage. You head home to face the evil professor.
After-Story: Let's add Kanto region for fun times at the end. HEY THEN YOU can face your #1 grunt, Rival, Blue from Kanto, and Red from Kanto in a World Pokemon Tournament....
LAST BUT NOW LEAST:
NO FAKEMON!
-AceTheHanyou

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
So this was a post I wrote in a completely different thread, I'm just copy and pasting my old post from this thread, http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=347827
Put it in spoilers since it's a load of info.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
you are practically describing the hack i'm working on right now,Pokemon Fire Red:Flash back to the future.
4 regional tournaments,a world championship, start with a Celebi with the follow-me script(hopefully) that will take back to the pre-apocalyptic time and a lot more!!
still needs tons of work and help but i don't give up .

Can I help?
I've been trying to get into making rom hack's but I wasn't sure where to start. My preferences would be the map editing and text editing, but anything's fine.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 11, 2017
Hey everyone, I don't know if this already exists or has been mentioned but are there any games where you start in Kanto and can go to Johto? Like a reverse Gold/Silver.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I would like to see a pokemon button
Like as in benjamin button you start of your journey with a stage 3 evolution charizard blastoise etc. at level 36
But there is a new evil team looking to make pokemon dissepear by reverting time
I think it could be done like So every time you battle a wild encounter or a trainer battle the exp you normally get will now be taken down like if you get 535 exp you level down 535exp points
So it will be a real challenge managing your pokemon and by the end of the game you don,t have a level 3 charmander even gym battles become something to think about do i use my strong pokemon to defeat the gym or evil team leaders and lose expierience or do i search for pokemon strong enough to defeat them Best of all would be if post game you defeated the evil team and now pokemon can grow again
If i had any knowledge of hacking i would do it myself

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
A second thought The concept is this you start off like normal but in this world you dont get to just become a pokemon trainer because fuck it your 10 and ready to go you must instead prove yourself worthy of becoming a pokemon master by trial aka the gym e4 and champion
So you start of with the normal starter. Grass water fire But you cant catch any pokemon instead after each gym you get another 3 option choice in style of that gym or hm An example let say you have a bug gym You get 1 venipede 2 catterpie 3 sewaddle So at the e4 you would have a well balancend. Team and after you become champion you deserve the right to use pokeballs to catch them all with opens up post game legendary hunts not to mention it would be the ultimate nuzlocke challenge if you have end the main game with 8 pokemon and the replay value is there with 735471 combinations of teams to complete the game

Back