• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 927 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I have a problem, my Diglett wont level up past evel 20. It says it does go to level 21 but it somehow resets to 20.

Reactions: Raj

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Wow, Beta 7 is out? I remember playing this a few years ago. I'll be sure to LP the new beta as soon as I get a good mic :D

Years
  • I'll post another wall of text soon about my ideas on the berry pots (what i wrote about it a few posts ago was just a very small idea to get some feedback).

Allright time to do it.

So for the berry pots those are the possibilities i can see happening:

-Some sort of flower pots which you could place on your house.

-Some sort of small pots you would carry with yourself like in HG/SS.

-Both of the above.

Lets start from the begining, with the flower pots on your house.

What items would be needed?

-Something to water the plant (Some sort of watering can).
    -Somewhere to plant the berry (The pots).
    -Something to fertilize the plant.
    -Fertile Dirt

Starting with the pots. I'd say you can either buy them from the berry master or create a NPC called the "Clay master". He could probably live in a random house in one city. I'd prefer the Clay master idea, he would have 4 pots in stock ready to be sold, and he would fabricate 4 more each day. A decent price could be 250$ each (considering the power the berries can achieve).
    After you've bought them, you would go to your house's PC and go to the "Decoration" option. DarkDoom will need to implement this option. Once there, you could select items from your backpack that can be placed on your house (Only the pots for the moment, but this would open many possibilities for future decoration items) and a map of your house would pop-up like with a grid and you'd choose in which coordinate the item goes. Once placed you'd exit the menu and go back to the PC. This would be very similar to how secret bases worked on R/S/E. Each house will be diferent when decorating

After you've placed the pot, if you right-click it while looking at it, it'd open the backpack menu and it'd let you select the berry that you want to plant. But you wont be able to plant it unless you have Fertile dirt, the berry master would sell this to you in small pouches, you could use each pouch twice (so you would need 2 pouches to fulfill 4 pots). He would sell each pouch for 150$.

Once you have at least one pouch, when you click the pot that is already placed on your house, it will first fulfill the pot with said fertile dirt, and then it'll ask you to choose one Fertilizer(will be explained later) to use and one berry to plant.

From now it would work very similar to how berries grow on the outside. But since they are inside your house, you'll need to take some care of them. This means:

-They can only be placed near the window

-They need to be watered once per day.

This leads us to how to water them. A simple idea is that you can buy a watering can somewhere. As for "somewhere" I'd suggest a small florist shop in Magnus city (I think that was the city name). In that shop they can sell you a Watering can (Or they can give it to you for free after completing a sidequest) and they would also sell Fertilizer.

Once watered the berry will start growing, since you can bypass the day/night by sleeping , they will grow based on steps. But if you sleep you'll still need to rewater them.

There would be 3 types of fertilizers (someone think of good names for them) :

-Type1 : Applying it will make the berries grow faster, but the water will also dry out faster.
    -Type2 : Applying it will make the berries grow slower, but the water will also dry out slower.
    -Type3 : Applying it will make it so a better berry grows , it will grow at normal speed but the water will dry out faster.

You can only apply one type of fertilizer to a pot, and only before you plant the berry.

The pseudocode-formula for their growth would be something like this:

Code:
    int RefreshedDirt(int Ԑ, int Ω){
            [B][I][COLOR="Red"]/*If we water the dirt,this function will change the value from Ԑ to Ԑ+Ω.If we dont, it will return Ԑ*/[/COLOR][/I][/B]
            If true 
            [B][I][COLOR="Red"]/*This will need something external that will tell this function when we have watered the dirt*[/COLOR]/[/I][/B]
                    Ԑ=Ԑ+Ω;
    return Ԑ;
            If false
    return Ԑ;
    }

int Loop(int Φ, int Ԑ){
            int Δ = 1;
            int Ω = 0;
            while (Δ <= 5){ [COLOR="red"][B][I]/*Until we have done 4 cycles*/[/I][/B][/COLOR]
                    while (Ω != Φ){ [COLOR="red"][B][I]/*This while counts each cycle's loop*/[/I][/B][/COLOR]
                            if (Ω = Ԑ){
                            [COLOR="red"][B][I]/* Every 'Ԑ' steps, the water will dry out (3000 steps = 1 day)*/[/I][/B][/COLOR]
                                    Ԑ=RefreshedDirt(Ԑ,Ω); [COLOR="red"][B][I]/*'Ԑ' will double if we have watered the dirt*/[/I][/B][/COLOR]
                                    Ω--; [COLOR="red"][B][I]/*This will cancel the step increase if the dirt dried out*/[/I][/B][/COLOR]
                            }
                            Ω++;
                    }
                    Δ++; [COLOR="red"][B][I]/* One cycle completed, the plant leveled up*/[/I][/B][/COLOR]
                    If (Ω = Φ)
                            Φ+=Φ; [COLOR="red"][B][I]/*After the level up,Φ will increase so its harder to grow to the next level*/[/I][/B][/COLOR]
            }
    return Ԑ-Ω;
    }

void main(){
            int WhatsLeft0 = 0;
            int WhatsLeft1 = 0;
            int WhatsLeft2 = 0;
            int WhatsLeft3 = 0;
            While(1) /*Forever*/{
                    Switch (Ɣ) [COLOR="red"][B][I]/*Ɣ Will be 0,1,2,3 depending on the Fertilizer type (0 = No fertilizer used)*/[/I][/B][/COLOR]
                            Case '0':
                                    WhatsLeft0=Loop(250,3000-WhatsLeft0)[COLOR="red"][B][I]/*After the loop we will have 5 berries identical to the berry we planted*/[/I][/B][/COLOR]
                            Case '1':
                                    WhatsLeft1=Loop(210,2000-WhatsLeft1)[COLOR="red"][B][I]/*After the loop we will have 5 berries identical to the berry we planted*/[/I][/B][/COLOR]
                            Case '2':
                                    WhatsLeft2=Loop(300,4000-WhatsLeft2)[COLOR="red"][B][I]/*After the loop we will have 5 berries identical to the berry we planted*/[/I][/B][/COLOR]
                            Case '3':
                                    WhatsLeft3=Loop(250,2000-WhatsLeft3)[COLOR="red"][B][I]/*After the loop we will have 2 berries better than the berry we planted. It will be the next in the healing berries tier(If we use 1 normal berry, we'd get 2 Gold berries, if Gold berry is the 2nd weakest berry).*/[/I][/B][/COLOR]
            }
    [B][I][COLOR="Red"]/*After we pick up the berries, each WhatsLeft will save the amount of steps that we walked after watering the water depending on the fertilizer. If we plant a new berry, we will need to step the same amount as before minus 'WhatsLeft'.*/ [/COLOR][/I][/B]
    }

Ω Increases by 1 each step you make
    When Δ reaches 5 the berry plant has fully grown
    Φ Increases every cycle.
    Ԑ is a sentry value that will make it so the function stops counting steps once the water dries out.
    ß is the value that increases Φ each cycle by a Φ=Φ+Φ/ß.
    WhatsLeft(0,1,2,3) Will contain the amount of steps that you took after the last watering.

(This pseudo-code was made mixing C and Pascal)

This code explained for no fertilizer:

You need to take an specific amount of steps so the berry increases his grown level. Each level will be seen by the size of the sprite of the plant that is over the pot when you see it in your house and the string that Gold would say when right-clicking over the pot. We enter the 'while' loop with Ω and Δ being 0, and Φ being 300. After 300 steps the condition from the 'while' breaks so Δ becomes 1 (The plant is at level 2 now). Since Ω and Φ have the same value we satisfy the 'if' condition so Φ becomes itself plus itself, since Φ = 250, now it is 250*2 = 500.
    Δ isnt 5 yet so we go back to the 'while' loop, but now we need 400 steps so the plant grows to level 3. The same thing will happen as before and Φ would increase like this (from the beggining):

With No fertilizer -> 250-500-1000-2000 = 3750 steps needed

With Type1 Fertilizer -> 210-420-840-1680 = 3150 steps needed

With Type2 Fertilizer -> 300-600-1200-2400 = 4500 steps needed

With Type3 Fertilizer -> 250-500-1000-2000 = 3750 steps needed

About the Watering:

With No fertilizer -> Every 3000 steps you need to water the dirt. After 1 plant as grown completely, you must have walked 3750-3000 = 750 steps after watering the dirt, so you will need to water the plant 2250 steps after you plant another berry. (3750-2250= 1500 , now you will need 1500 steps after planting the 3rd berry. And so on...).

With Type1 Fertilizer -> Every 2000 steps you need to water the dirt. After 1 plant as grown completely, you must have walked 3150-2000 = 1150 steps after watering the dirt, so you will need to water the plant 950 steps after you plant another berry. (3150-950= 2200 , now you will need to water it twice after planting the 3rd berry. And so on...).

With Type2 Fertilizer -> Every 4000 steps you need to water the dirt. After 1 plant as grown completely, you must have walked 4500-4000 = 500 steps after watering the dirt, so you will need to water the plant 3500 steps after you plant another berry. (4000-3500= 500 , now you will need 3000 steps after planting the 3rd berry. And so on...)

With Type3 Fertilizer -> Every 2000 steps you need to water the dirt. After 1 plant as grown completely, you must have walked 3750-2000 = 1750 steps after watering the dirt, so you will need to water the plant 250 steps after you plant another berry. (3150-250= 2900 , now you will need to water it twice after planting the 3rd berry. And so on...).

In short: We buy the pot, buy the dirt, place the potin our house, put dirt on it, put the fertilizer, put the berry, walk, harvest.

For the pots that you carry yourself. It will work exactly the same, but since they are smaller, they are way cheaper, you can fulfill the 4 pots with 1 poucher of dirt. The plants produce less berries tho, 3 berries for the Type1, Type2 and No Fertilizer and 1 berry for the Type3 Fertilizer.

Of course the code wouldnt work like that anywhere, its made to explain how it could work the system easierly than with just plain text.

If you didnt understand certain parts of the code or you think there are important errors that may deliver misunderstandings, please ask.

I think i went too far with this...

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I have a suggestion regarding moves. Is it at all possible to have Hidden Power work as it does int he main pokemon games? It's supposed to change type depending on the pokemon so even on two of the same species it isn't ever gonna be an identical type. I bring this up because when in the Flareon form it'd be nice to have a grass element attack for water, rock, and ground types and Jolteon could do with grass or ice similarly.

Even if that's not possible to do with this battle system I think there should be some revision of some of the moves currently learnable by a pokemon, especially in the case of Umbreon who once I got him had Shadow Claw, which is questionable since it is a dark type and has physical dark moves usually (Payback would be way better over Shadow Claw, as it's part of the Curse set in the main games for example). It kinda makes no sense to have it use Shadow Claw, even when facing fighting types since Umbreon can learn Psychic which will hit harder than Shadow Claw on a fighting type anyway.

Also some moves are using the wrong class, Swift is a physical attack when it's supposed to be special for example.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • Some good news, 0.74 is coming out this week, but I'll end mid-way through chapter 5.
    In addition to having Pickaxe, Shinifcation, chapter4 changes, new hypervisor domains and NewGame+.

0.75 will come out a bit later with the rest of chapter 5 and some other new additions.

The wait between releases is something i definitely want to shorten. I usually have a tendency to make each release a chapter long, which was fine before, but now that I'm working, it's making the waits become really long. So having releases, that won't nessicerily be packed with too much new stuff, but will be coming more often. Ideally 1 release every 2 months?

Thanks for your patience, sorry for the long delays.

Replies in bold :)

I like the revised map, good work
    As for the berries, what exactly do you mean seeds? is there a special process and a separate item altogether? or did you just mean plant berries?

Yeah, basically just planting the berry.

And what do you mean exactly by "harvest" it sounds pretty intense, so I doubt it would be something you could do willy nilly, but on the other hand I suppose it makes things easier

Harvest would give you all berries growing in every berry tree in the region, but at the cost of lots of money, or a special item. The basic idea is that I want to cut down situations where people are grinding for berries so they walk around the entire region multiple times, collecting every berry from every tree. If you've got the money, then why not speed up this process?

I also love the idea of the mining thing, but you'd need to add a whole new mechanic to the game, blacksmithing, and it would be lame to only be able to create new items and not improve others. Going with that, you could add a village or a settlement of some kind to that ore mine area where you can become a blacksmith apprentice or something.

Not nessicerily, the mining can be learned from the Mine Master (the guy who gives pickaxe) and the refining menu. The only requirement for mining would be a pickaxe, and knowledge of where specific ores are found. Then you can go to a pokecenter, go to the refining menu, and refine the ores into items.

Regardless this is becoming pretty amazing, and very intense; I've got so much hype for this now.
    Thanks!

Portus City Revised is awesome and ya I really like that idea and its good its a possibility cant wait for .75!!!!
    Haha, yeah, it's good to finally reach portus city again becuase 0.7 is finally catching up to 0.6. I regret how long it's taken, but unfortunately with life it's the way things are. Can't wait to finally get 0.80 out early next year.

I'd definitely implement 2nd and 3rd possibilities (the 1st looks very lazy even tho it could be very expensive). About the Berry Juice, an idea i have in my mind right now is that, as there are different berries, there should be different berry juices that can be made with them; and each of them will have an unique effect. Think about it with the same perspective of the refining method, you can use simple berries to make a decent berry juice, or you can work out some rare powerful berries and make a really powerful Berry juice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God what a wall of text i just wrote... Another thing i came up with is the fact that you find money when beating wild pokemon. It just looks really odd and i think a decent way to change this could be that all pokemon will drop one specific junk item that could be sellable to markets for like 2$ each or so, not sure what junk could be but would definitely make more sense than suddenly finding money. Stronger pokemon could drop bigger amounts of these junk, or a better one which you can sell for more cash.

I'll post another wall of text soon about my ideas on the berry pots (what i wrote about it a few posts ago was just a very small idea to get some feedback).

Wow. Lots of detailed ideas there, I do like them. Problem is that there can only be 1 instance of the berry juice item, and it will only heal a fixed amount (or a fixed percentage), dynamic items is something RPGmaker doesn't have.
    I actually want to avoid having multiple berry juices, because right now it's a bit difficult to keep track of the multiple berries, the reason why I had the berry juice in the first place is so that you can clear out your inventory of berries if you wanted.

Attaching a minigame to the berry blending and giving higher amoungs of berry juice for choosing higher powered berries and doing better at the minigame, is a great idea and something I'll definitely do.

The ultimate endgame for the berries is that you'll be able to refine them into rare candies, which will be the only stable way to get them.

As for pokemon dropping money, I agree it doesn't really make sense. But I like giving out money that way, so that if people do run out of money, they can always get more no matter which point of the game they are at. Plus in most Final Fantasy games enemies give out money, so it sorta fits in that regard.

Pokemon do drop items using this equasion.
    Rank 1 drop rate% = 4*level.
    Rank 2 drop rate% = 2*level.
    Rank 3 drop rate% = level.

I have a problem, my Diglett wont level up past evel 20. It says it does go to level 21 but it somehow resets to 20.
    Do you possibly have the Balance Band equiped on eevee? After every battle, it takes all the gained EXP and gives it to the lowest level member of the team (sometimes reduces levels too)

Wow, Beta 7 is out? I remember playing this a few years ago. I'll be sure to LP the new beta as soon as I get a good mic :D
    Cool! I actually remember watching your LP, they were pretty good :)

Nice work
    You have done a great work!
    Thanks, I'm trying :)

Allright time to do it.

So for the berry pots those are the possibilities i can see happening:
    [snip]
    I think i went too far with this...
    Man, you are getting good at thinking about systems, lots of good ideas in there.
    I think I really want to avoid the berries getting too complex. Both for the sake of me having to code it using RPGmaker's limited eventing system and because I don't want there to be too high a barrier of entry for berries, or else people won't use it. I think dirt isn't really needed, we can probably assume the pot comes with dirt or something. I like the idea about fertilizer and watering, as it'll give it a minigame feel.

-Pots you buy from the berry master, they'll get more expensive the more pots you get with 4 being the maximum.
    -Fertilizer can be gotten many ways, refining (organic stuff like flowers or leaves), buy from berry master.
    -Watering Can - given for free with your free Pot purchase.

Fertilizer I'd say would be better served changing the amount of berries the new tree will grow. Good fertilizer would give you a berry tree with 5+ berries. You can also not use fertilizer at all, which will give you the lowest payload. (2 berries)

With water controlling how fast it grows. When you examine the pot, it'll say whether the plant looks soaked, wet, moist, parched or dry. And will give you the option to water. If you water the plant too much or not enough, it's growth rate will lower (ie: require more steps) and also reduce the fertilizer rank (thus get less berries from the plant)

I have a suggestion regarding moves. Is it at all possible to have Hidden Power work as it does int he main pokemon games? It's supposed to change type depending on the pokemon so even on two of the same species it isn't ever gonna be an identical type. I bring this up because when in the Flareon form it'd be nice to have a grass element attack for water, rock, and ground types and Jolteon could do with grass or ice similarly.

Unfortunately, RPGmaker attacks are mostly fixed, I can't have an attack change type :/ That's actually why a lot of moves in SPEE have different properties than the official games, I did my best emulating them, but a lot of them are off.

Even if that's not possible to do with this battle system I think there should be some revision of some of the moves currently learnable by a pokemon, especially in the case of Umbreon who once I got him had Shadow Claw, which is questionable since it is a dark type and has physical dark moves usually (Payback would be way better over Shadow Claw, as it's part of the Curse set in the main games for example). It kinda makes no sense to have it use Shadow Claw, even when facing fighting types since Umbreon can learn Psychic which will hit harder than Shadow Claw on a fighting type anyway.

I gave umbreon shadow claw for a bit of type diversity, he gets pretty loaded with dark moves so ghost seemed like a decent replacement. I'll have a look at it later. Movesets aren't set in stone, so post recommendations

Also some moves are using the wrong class, Swift is a physical attack when it's supposed to be special for example.
    Nice catch.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Some good news, 0.74 is coming out this week, but I'll end mid-way through chapter 5.
    In addition to having Pickaxe, Shinifcation, chapter4 changes, new hypervisor domains and NewGame+.

0.75 will come out a bit later with the rest of chapter 5 and some other new additions.

The wait between releases is something i definitely want to shorten. I usually have a tendency to make each release a chapter long, which was fine before, but now that I'm working, it's making the waits become really long. So having releases, that won't nessicerily be packed with too much new stuff, but will be coming more often. Ideally 1 release every 2 months?

Replies in bold :)

Haha, yeah, it's good to finally reach portus city again becuase 0.7 is finally catching up to 0.6. I regret how long it's taken, but unfortunately with life it's the way things are. Can't wait to finally get 0.80 out early next year.

Wow. Lots of detailed ideas there, I do like them. Problem is that there can only be 1 instance of the berry juice item, and it will only heal a fixed amount (or a fixed percentage), dynamic items is something RPGmaker doesn't have.
    I actually want to avoid having multiple berry juices, because right now it's a bit difficult to keep track of the multiple berries, the reason why I had the berry juice in the first place is so that you can clear out your inventory of berries if you wanted.

Attaching a minigame to the berry blending and giving higher amoungs of berry juice for choosing higher powered berries and doing better at the minigame, is a great idea and something I'll definitely do.

The ultimate endgame for the berries is that you'll be able to refine them into rare candies, which will be the only stable way to get them.

As for pokemon dropping money, I agree it doesn't really make sense. But I like giving out money that way, so that if people do run out of money, they can always get more no matter which point of the game they are at. Plus in most Final Fantasy games enemies give out money, so it sorta fits in that regard.

Pokemon do drop items using this equasion.
    Rank 1 drop rate% = 4*level.
    Rank 2 drop rate% = 2*level.
    Rank 3 drop rate% = level.

Do you possibly have the Balance Band equiped on eevee? After every battle, it takes all the gained EXP and gives it to the lowest level member of the team (sometimes reduces levels too)

Cool! I actually remember watching your LP, they were pretty good :)

Thanks, I'm trying :)

Man, you are getting good at thinking about systems, lots of good ideas in there.
    I think I really want to avoid the berries getting too complex. Both for the sake of me having to code it using RPGmaker's limited eventing system and because I don't want there to be too high a barrier of entry for berries, or else people won't use it. I think dirt isn't really needed, we can probably assume the pot comes with dirt or something. I like the idea about fertilizer and watering, as it'll give it a minigame feel.

-Pots you buy from the berry master, they'll get more expensive the more pots you get with 4 being the maximum.
    -Fertilizer can be gotten many ways, refining (organic stuff like flowers or leaves), buy from berry master.
    -Watering Can - given for free with your free Pot purchase.

Fertilizer I'd say would be better served changing the amount of berries the new tree will grow. Good fertilizer would give you a berry tree with 5+ berries. You can also not use fertilizer at all, which will give you the lowest payload. (2 berries)

With water controlling how fast it grows. When you examine the pot, it'll say whether the plant looks soaked, wet, moist, parched or dry. And will give you the option to water. If you water the plant too much or not enough, it's growth rate will lower (ie: require more steps) and also reduce the fertilizer rank (thus get less berries from the plant)
    Haha great I'll try to download it still need a new computer but i have insentive to get it working for this!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    glad I caught the issue with Swift for you, there's no telling what other moves have a miss-matched classification.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    oh discovered several more important things that should be looked at, I'm suprised I never saw these before.

1: On the grass crafting section when you go to refine items, Giga Drain is listed twice on the TMs section even though one is supposed to be Petal Dance. I took a chance and crafted two Giga Drains and was able to get Petal Dance, so it was a typo rather than a repeating of the same code used for both crafting recipes. Others might be more wary than I was though.

2: On the Normal crafting section, the Black Belt is mispelled as "B;ack Belt", a small typo but it is visually distracting on some level.

3: In addition to Swift not being the right class as a special attack, the electrical move Spark is classed as a special attack instead of Physical. Spark is a sort of electrical tackle attack like Flame Wheel is supposed to be a fiery tackle, so the special classification is a bit odd. The effect f it spreading out is one I like though, since the impact of such a move would naturally cause the electricity to arc outward from the initial target, so whatever the case that should remain.

4: I'm not sure of the total TM list you have planned, but I do hope that all the boosting moves from Nasty Blot, Dragon Dance, and others are TMs in future updates (assuming none of the related moves are added next update) as they can be vital to certain pokemon. Even with the equipable items allowing one to use moves a pokemon are not otherwise able to use (An alakazam holding a power drill armed with Mega Punch for example) a certain stat boosting move would be vital depending on the situation. Dragon Dance on Feraligatr comes to mind, as in the main games it is my favorite Feraligatr varient when using waterfall, Ice Punch, and Earthquake. In this game it'd help get it more turns due to how speed works in this game using the final fantasy system and ups its strength which ends up making it better than Agility which it now learns by leveling up.

Raj

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • NewGame+.
    YES.

I mean that's great. :blush

So having releases, that won't nessicerily be packed with too much new stuff, but will be coming more often. Ideally 1 release every 2 months?
    That's fine with me, it would also personally reassure me a lot more as it would be visible progress even if it was a lot slower. So it sounds great to me at least.

It's no problem, again you are doing this for fun, you don't have any obligations towards us, and while we appreciate your dedication to working on the game it's more important that you have a fulfilling life. :)

Can't wait to finally get 0.80 out early next year.
    Looking forward to it, try not to delay it again will you. :D

Interesting but quick question, is it a good idea to use rare candy's?

In the actual game, if you want a good Pokemon you have to IV train them and using rare candy is a horrible idea. Is that the case here? Or does using a rare candy boost stats just as much as if we earned that level through playing.

Also speaking along those lines is the max level still 100 for Pokemon?

Personally I'm happy with it, I make the most of my money from grinding against wild Pokemon followed by trainers, I get next to nothing from items since I'm a hoarder so I save everything I can.

Do you think that bus will be fixed for the next edition? Because suddenly I really am worried about keeping my guys help back a level if I use the Balance band.

I don't want there to be too high a barrier of entry for berries, or else people won't use it.
    Guilty as charged. :blush

I'll probably be OK with just getting 2 berry's myself as I rarely ever use them, plus I have always liked hoarding money even in video games.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    The idea of rare candies ruining EVs is a myth, it just raises a level, it doesn't screw up one's EV gain in any way. Fact brought to you courtesy of Serribi.net.

Raj

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • The idea of rare candies ruining EVs is a myth, it just raises a level, it doesn't screw up one's EV gain in any way. Fact brought to you courtesy of Serribi.net.
    That's true but it doesn't really give you any additional EV points, and considering the whole reason we even have a level up system is to make it so there is a limit to how many points you can get. I never saw much point in just using a rare candy as in the long run it will make your Pokemon weaker even if you aren't the type to EV train.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    That's true but it doesn't really give you any additional EV points, and considering the whole reason we even have a level up system is to make it so there is a limit to how many points you can get. I never saw much point in just using a rare candy as in the long run it will make your Pokemon weaker even if you aren't the type to EV train.

It doesn't take that long to EV train so long as one is making use of EV reducing berries on one hand to be able to train up stats dependant on how you want. You only need to fight Zubats/golbats for speed as they tend to be among the most common pokemon for that stat, Defense is traditionally best reserved for Geodude or Sandshrew, and so on.

Also, Black and White changed the EV system to the point that levelling up isn't required at all, EVs add up indipendant of a pokemon's total experiance for a given level making rare candies even less of an issue to use.

Also its worth pointing out that this fangame uses a much different set of game mechanics due to using the final fantasy style mechanics over pokemon mechanics, EVs might not even be an issue in this game at all. Besides that this game is set in the 2nd gen pokemon world, by the look of things if there is such a stat-increasing system at all like EV training it wont be with EVs at all. I say this because EVs and IVs only first appeared in the third gen, before that there was a system called Deter Values.

The following link has more info on Deter Values or DVs: http://www.psypokes.com/gsc/dvguide.php

Deter Values are similar to IVs in the sense that they were what influenced a pokemon's stats. The better the DV for a stat the stronger that stat is. This was the original stat system in R/B/Y as well, not just G/S/C. In the 2nd gen, due to the advent of Hidden Power DVs were what made Hidden Power work, and the site I linked above likewise has a DV Calculator for using Hidden Power in the G/S/C era. The DVs also determined if a pokemon was shiny or not, and was why shnies used to be more common in the 2nd gen games and why in 2nd gen shinies were stronger than the normal varients due to the higher DVs. Like today breeding also passes on better DVs like how breeding influences the IVs of the newborn and affects the shiny chance as well. This was one of the reasons that the third gem games were incompatable with the older titles and that ties in with the overall premise of this fangame's plot.

In short if there's going to be anything relating to upping of stats I would assume DVs are at use in this game rather than IVs, and in the first and second gen games the strength of the stats was soley dependant upon the level of a pokemon and the DVs for each stat. So lets say the DVs are max in all the right places for a Pikachu, a rare candy actually benefits it because levelling up causes its DVs to kick in to boost it's best stats up, but its still a small amount because it's-as you said-the easy way out. But the means of stat gains in those days was very different than it is today, and beyond just leveling up the only way to actually do more significant increase to stats was using the stat vitamins and those can be used even at level 100. The only way stats were considered "maxed" in the original games was to use the usual ten protein/iron/calcium/carbos (Back then calcium did both special attack and special defense when the stat split was implemented, thus no Zinc) to raise the respective stats. So by then a level 100 pikachu with perfect DVs in attack, special attack, and speed will be quite a bit stronger than other pokemon in it's tier.

Not only that, back then one could even load every stat up with the appropriate vitamins, so one could have maxed stats in all categories for Pikachu in this hypothetical scenario so weither or not this pikachu has maxed DVs in every stat one could apply vitamins to all the stats to make them even stronger. This way even if a pokemon has a weaker stat in some area due to a poor DV, the vitamines could still be used. The third gen placed a huge limit on what stats you could pump up with the EV system, where a pokemon can only have 252 EVs per stat out of a total of 655 overall, meaning an optimal spread for Pikachu would be 4 in HP, 252 in special attack or attack and 252 in speed, which leaves it's defences massively weak. The nature sstem forced even more specialization in stats since there is a 10 percent boost and a 10 percent in reduction to each nature minus the neutrals (hardy, bashful, serious, and quirky). On some level the 3rd gen stat system works well but other times it ends up being a pain to work with, especially since Hidden Power now relies on both not just IVs but nature as well.

All in all regardless of the stat system used??? Rare candies have no ill effect, it's just raising the level by one point. And even if they did have a bad effect, tin this game's case it's doubtful that would be a problem unless this game managed to retain the exact same stat system as the 2nd gen games, which I find unlikely since you can't catch pokemon beyond the corrupted ones.

DarkDoom3000

Years
  • Bad news: Newgame+ Delayed to 0.75

Good News:

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition 0.74

-DOWNLOAD NOW!
    http://dreammodule.com/?spee=download

Release Notes:
    Gym5 - Defeat Morty!
    Silph Tour - Take a tour through Silph Co.
    Pickaxe - Break Rocks
    Stat Changing Attacks are now more useful
    Academy Challenge - Get a second starter Pokemon
    Pokedex - Use to see Pokemon Stats
    Shiny Data - Convert your Pokemon into Shiny
    Redesigned Hypervisor Domains

Have fun :)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    YAAAY! I had a feeling there was a small delay in the new version.

I got a question about shinies, if you already encountered one before this update, can the scanned data still be applied to a pokemon or not?

Also the download link is broken....

Years

• Will you provide a bugfix summary from this new beta at some point?

Things that i have been finding:

Pokedex no longer has its animation when used

Shinies are appearing constantly, more often than normal pokes, but they dont appear shiny, just make the shiny sound. After further thinking it may be that the "shiny" sound is just a pokedex sound for "new poke found". I tought it was a shiny alert because the first poke i encountered made that sound and actually gave me the "shinifier" item to make your pokemon shiny. Was i just really lucky? The sprite from that poke wasn't shiny. I scanned more pokes that made that sound but never got more than 1 shinifier item.

The corrupted pokemon on the Cave of the Dammed has no battle programmed like the houndoom did, insta victory.

Some wild battles dont have any time to press the confirm button to get a Surprise battle (May be intended)

In the refining system, the flying TM's have psychic as type. (Check attachment one)

In the refining system, in the rock part, to the right side there are Death resistance items, the last one being "Death immunity", does that mean your pokemon wont faint ever? Isnt it overpowered? (Check attachment two)

Berry Master's house is empty.

In Portus city, the two kids at the south of the city, can only walk with their sprite looking sideways (check attachment three)

GameBreaking glitch : In Silph Co. In the Floor 5, if you go understairs by the left side, you'll go to Floor 4, but if you use these stairs again, it will make you go to Floor 3, instead of back to floor 5. The area is closed so you are trapped forever. The stairs are reversed (you go to upstairs but go down one floor) (Check attachment four)

Shiny glitch : I "shinied" my jolteon, but after a few battles, the in-battle sprite came back to its normal state. Even thought in the pokemon menu it still says its shiny. Restarting didn't fix it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2016
    i dont know whether it just happens in my game but when i enter the sliph building and go to the 5th floor and go down the stairs when i come back up the area is blocked off and says 3rd floor....so you cant go anywhere :P

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
  • Tiny things I've noticed:
    In the first dialogue with Crystal, the last box has your picture instead of her's even though she is talking.
    When speaking with M, Overhaul is spelt Overhawl.
    After battling the Rocket for the Apricot sidequest, you say "4KApricot" I'm not sure if that's intentional or not but just thought I'd bring it up.
    YOU RECEIVE NEGATIVE MONEY FROM THE KARATE GUYS IN THE DOJO.

Shinies are appearing constantly, more often than normal pokes, but they dont appear shiny, just make the shiny sound.
    Is it, hmmm, I just thought that happened the first time you saw a new pokemon as the Pokedex registering it.

In the refining system, in the rock part, to the right side there are Death resistance items, the last one being "Death immunity", does that mean your pokemon wont faint ever? Isnt it overpowered?
    I think that's immunity from the DEATH effect, kinda like OHKO moves.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    The download link doesn't work for me, help please! I've been waiting for this so I could make my Feraligatr shiny. I had an idea to make a parody of the sonic characters Espio the chameleon, Charmy bee, and Vector the crocodile with the pokemon in this game but part of the necessary equation is a shiny feraligatr due to the fact it's green.

My only problem beyond that is I doubt at any point a Kecleon will be available for the game to play Espio's part since Kecleon's biggest selling point was it's ability to change type, and that's impossible in 2nd gen mechanics due to the lack of pecial abilities....though a lot of the moves it gets are quite cool, it would be worth considering if it's feasible to have a Kecleon be obtainable somehow if it isn't in this update already. Plus the fact it benefits from a high special defense would make for a cool mixed sweep/support with this in mind.

EDIT: WAIT, scratch the comment about the download link, I just tested it and the link works now. When it was first uploaded it failed constantly and I posted this comment not knowing it was fixed already lol

DarkDoom3000

Years
  • Alrighty, you guys have done a good job finding bugs already!
    Ive released a minor patch in the form of v0.74.1 which fixes the bugs reported so far, including the silph gamebreaking one.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5m5lc8h8glphoc8/Pokemon_Eevee_0.74.1_[Patch].zip

I'll be releasing more patches as more bugs get reported.

----
    YAAAY! I had a feeling there was a small delay in the new version.

I got a question about shinies, if you already encountered one before this update, can the scanned data still be applied to a pokemon or not?

Also the download link is broken....

--No worries- If you scanned a shiny pokemon previously, it'll get carried over.

Fixed link

Will you provide a bugfix summary from this new beta at some point?

Things that i have been finding:

Pokedex no longer has its animation when used
    --Oh yeah. forgot about that. I'll probably leave it out for the time being just because I think it wastes time.

Shinies are appearing constantly, more often than normal pokes, but they dont appear shiny, just make the shiny sound. After further thinking it may be that the "shiny" sound is just a pokedex sound for "new poke found". I tought it was a shiny alert because the first poke i encountered made that sound and actually gave me the "shinifier" item to make your pokemon shiny. Was i just really lucky? The sprite from that poke wasn't shiny. I scanned more pokes that made that sound but never got more than 1 shinifier item.

--Yeah, that's the new "Pokedex entry" sound, the pokedex now automatically adds pokemon. I'd say whats more likely is that you had scanned a shiny in the previous version which is why you got a shiny data item.

The corrupted pokemon on the Cave of the Dammed has no battle programmed like the houndoom did, insta victory.
    --Ah! will fix.

Some wild battles dont have any time to press the confirm button to get a Surprise battle (May be intended)
    --Ah, yep. It's a problem with the cave of the dammed it seems.

In the refining system, the flying TM's have psychic as type. (Check attachment one)
    --Cool, fixeed

In the refining system, in the rock part, to the right side there are Death resistance items, the last one being "Death immunity", does that mean your pokemon wont faint ever? Isnt it overpowered? (Check attachment two)
    --Resistance to Instant Death attacks. I've relabeled it so it's not as ambigious.

Berry Master's house is empty.
    --She's only in her house once you talk to Jasmine. Will fix this.

In Portus city, the two kids at the south of the city, can only walk with their sprite looking sideways (check attachment three)
    --Fixed

GameBreaking glitch : In Silph Co. In the Floor 5, if you go understairs by the left side, you'll go to Floor 4, but if you use these stairs again, it will make you go to Floor 3, instead of back to floor 5. The area is closed so you are trapped forever. The stairs are reversed (you go to upstairs but go down one floor) (Check attachment four)
    --GGGGGAAAAAHHHHH!!!! Had a feeling a gamebreaker would appear sooner or later.

Shiny glitch : I "shinied" my jolteon, but after a few battles, the in-battle sprite came back to its normal state. Even thought in the pokemon menu it still says its shiny. Restarting didn't fix it.
    --Fixed!

i dont know whether it just happens in my game but when i enter the sliph building and go to the 5th floor and go down the stairs when i come back up the area is blocked off and says 3rd floor....so you cant go anywhere :P
    Fixed :D

Tiny things I've noticed:
    In the first dialogue with Crystal, the last box has your picture instead of her's even though she is talking.
    When speaking with M, Overhaul is spelt Overhawl.
    Cool, fixed!

The download link doesn't work for me, help please! I've been waiting for this so I could make my Feraligatr shiny. I had an idea to make a parody of the sonic characters Espio the chameleon, Charmy bee, and Vector the crocodile with the pokemon in this game but part of the necessary equation is a shiny feraligatr due to the fact it's green.

My only problem beyond that is I doubt at any point a Kecleon will be available for the game to play Espio's part since Kecleon's biggest selling point was it's ability to change type, and that's impossible in 2nd gen mechanics due to the lack of pecial abilities....though a lot of the moves it gets are quite cool, it would be worth considering if it's feasible to have a Kecleon be obtainable somehow if it isn't in this update already. Plus the fact it benefits from a high special defense would make for a cool mixed sweep/support with this in mind.

EDIT: WAIT, scratch the comment about the download link, I just tested it and the link works now. When it was first uploaded it failed constantly and I posted this comment not knowing it was fixed already lol
    I can't really implement keckleon due to it being far too complex to implement :|

Last edited:
    Back