• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 927 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • he/him
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah I knew that would be the case about Kecleon. Though having it learn Conversion would be a handy way to fix it's issue of no Color Change/Protean.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • he/him
  • Seen yesterday
Um. I hte to be the bearer of bad news but your patch didn't fix the bug in shinies. The shiny pokemon still don't show their shiny image when encountered. I still hear the "BLING" when the shiny in question appears but there's still no ring of stars and cool coloration. I just ran into a level 24 poocheyna that had the shiny sound effect in Mine Valley and it still looks like a normal Poochyena.

And yes I did patch the .74 game with the stuff you told us to apply from the .741 file you linked. The strange thing was is that when I copied it over I saw no prompts for overwriting the previous files with the ones containing the bug fixes, so I don't think the thing was saved proper at all. I got the updated maps yes, but nothing else appears to have been fixed.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Um. I hte to be the bearer of bad news but your patch didn't fix the bug in shinies. The shiny pokemon still don't show their shiny image when encountered. I still hear the "BLING" when the shiny in question appears but there's still no ring of stars and cool coloration. I just ran into a level 24 poocheyna that had the shiny sound effect in Mine Valley and it still looks like a normal Poochyena.

And yes I did patch the .74 game with the stuff you told us to apply from the .741 file you linked. The strange thing was is that when I copied it over I saw no prompts for overwriting the previous files with the ones containing the bug fixes, so I don't think the thing was saved proper at all. I got the updated maps yes, but nothing else appears to have been fixed.

The sound effect you're hearing is the "new pokedex entry" sound. It happens each time you encounter a new pokemon.

The patch fixes these stuff: Fixes:
-Fixed Silph Co. glitched stairs
-Fixes corrupted gengar
-Fixed Refine -flying TM labels
-Fixed Aron Obtaining
-Fixed Berry Master's berry options
-Fixed Shiny eevee glitch

Best way to check if it patched correctly is to go to the refining screen and look at the flying TMs, and whether their labels are right. The title screen's version number should have a .1 at the end too.

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
DarkDoom3000 said:
Bad news: Newgame+ Delayed to 0.75
And no Eeveeon yet. I was anticipated for the fight against Zero, which was one of my favorite scenes. But the Team Rocket takeover in Silph Co. is better than before.

I started a new game in .74 and noticed some maps have changed, which gives a fresh feeling. And again I stumbled over some bugs:

1. Spelling error: In the feature chamber, in battle Corpish was misspelled "Cropish". And Defence Curl was misspelled "Decence Curl" or something.

2. After training and obtaining Tyrogue in the Magnus Dojo (and beating Whitney), I noticed my money has become negative and I couldn't buy. Thankfully I made a save backup and avoided the dojo. After beating Whitney and giving some Rare Candies (for test) my money haven't got negative. Maybe a new bug in the dojo which makes money negative?

3. The berry trees in the Berry Patch doesn't give the "Item Obtained" jingle when I got to collect Special Berries.

4. Before I was going to Lionhearts domain, I spoke to M again. She still said XDR is the leader of the hypervisors. I'm sure it's Zero now. (maybe old text?)

5. After finishing the sawdust side quest, the achievement still says 99 sawdusts despite I gave 30 sawdusts. And some corrupted Pokémon doesn't have a achievement yet like Snubbull and Sandshrew (I have challenged more corrupted Pokémon than before and noticed this).

6. The Sale House on Portus City costs 9250, maybe from the version 0.6? The last Sale House I bought was in Mors Village which costs almost 2000.

I like the idea with the hypervisor virus on Eevee, which is more practical than item viruses. The new domains are also nice, reflecting the coming of the third generation. I almost got lost on Lionhearts domain until I caught track. And yeah for the status attack boosts, Helping Hand is more useful than before.

I am curious what's in the north of Portus City.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • he/him
  • Seen yesterday
On the issue of the corrupted pokemon lacking an acheivement, the same is said about the Mankey one find outside Magnus City. There's no acheivement for Mankey even though it now has a proper corrupted pokemon sprite. And for those who updated from the previous version, a lot of us are likely to already have a Snubble from the quest with the house that needed three keys to enter. Is there something else available from him now since snubble is a corrupted pokemon? Because if thats so that really sucks for me because I had been working my tail off to get my pokemon leveled up as of late, and as such I may have to reset my game, AGAIN.

DarkDoom3000

Years
And no Eeveeon yet. I was anticipated for the fight against Zero, which was one of my favorite scenes. But the Team Rocket takeover in Silph Co. is better than before.

I started a new game in .74 and noticed some maps have changed, which gives a fresh feeling. And again I stumbled over some bugs:

1. Spelling error: In the feature chamber, in battle Corpish was misspelled "Cropish". And Defence Curl was misspelled "Decence Curl" or something.

2. After training and obtaining Tyrogue in the Magnus Dojo (and beating Whitney), I noticed my money has become negative and I couldn't buy. Thankfully I made a save backup and avoided the dojo. After beating Whitney and giving some Rare Candies (for test) my money haven't got negative. Maybe a new bug in the dojo which makes money negative?

3. The berry trees in the Berry Patch doesn't give the "Item Obtained" jingle when I got to collect Special Berries.

4. Before I was going to Lionhearts domain, I spoke to M again. She still said XDR is the leader of the hypervisors. I'm sure it's Zero now. (maybe old text?)

5. After finishing the sawdust side quest, the achievement still says 99 sawdusts despite I gave 30 sawdusts. And some corrupted Pokémon doesn't have a achievement yet like Snubbull and Sandshrew (I have challenged more corrupted Pokémon than before and noticed this).

6. The Sale House on Portus City costs 9250, maybe from the version 0.6? The last Sale House I bought was in Mors Village which costs almost 2000.

I like the idea with the hypervisor virus on Eevee, which is more practical than item viruses. The new domains are also nice, reflecting the coming of the third generation. I almost got lost on Lionhearts domain until I caught track. And yeah for the status attack boosts, Helping Hand is more useful than before.

I am curious what's in the north of Portus City.

Good work with those bugs, i'll probably have a 0.74.2 patch out in the weekend to fix this and any other issues that pop up.

That tyrouge issue is an annoying one, it's due to an error in the way bonus trainer XP/$$ is calculated. it's fixed in the 0.74.1 update.

I like the eevee virus too, I had did some changes in the overall SPEE story that I had in my head, which required that change. I quite like it, and the virus effect reuses the limitbreak animation i had previously. Which is a throwback to FF8.
I've had about 11 iterations of the story i've gone through now, including the origins of the hypervisors and what would happen in the final chapter.
I think I've finally nailed down a pretty awesome story.

The ferry, zero and eeveeon will be avaliable in 0.75, in addition to *fingers crossed* newgame+. I figure december is gonna be busy for probably won't get anything out then. So, I've got a target date of early 2015.

On the issue of the corrupted pokemon lacking an acheivement, the same is said about the Mankey one find outside Magnus City. There's no acheivement for Mankey even though it now has a proper corrupted pokemon sprite. And for those who updated from the previous version, a lot of us are likely to already have a Snubble from the quest with the house that needed three keys to enter. Is there something else available from him now since snubble is a corrupted pokemon? Because if thats so that really sucks for me because I had been working my tail off to get my pokemon leveled up as of late, and as such I may have to reset my game, AGAIN.
Yeah, I forgot to create a lot of the new corrupted achievements. Luckily due to the way they're coded into the game, once they get implemented (for 0.74.2?) then when you load up your game, you'll automatically obtain any missing trophies. kinda amusing seein trophies pop up one after another.

Good point about the snubbull, that sidequest now gives you an evolution stone of your choosing, I'll add to the update a change so that anyone who did the sidequest previously will get the updated reward.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • he/him
  • Seen yesterday
THAT is definately good news. Because considering a few of the bugs mentioned in events prior to the 4th gym I don't feel like restarting until the next set of bug fixes should I decide to do a new game regardless, that answers my concerns. I'll go ahead and whack and collect some new pokemon then. Thanks again!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • he/him
  • Seen yesterday
Ok a slight problem with the hatchet, when I hit the enter key in the green area to do a one-shot kill to a small tree, it gives me only one thing of sawdust rather than three. I wager the pickaxe is similarly bugged. At least I have enough sawdust for the sawdust quest but still this is a slight problem.

DarkDoom3000

Years
Ok a slight problem with the hatchet, when I hit the enter key in the green area to do a one-shot kill to a small tree, it gives me only one thing of sawdust rather than three. I wager the pickaxe is similarly bugged. At least I have enough sawdust for the sawdust quest but still this is a slight problem.

Cool, fixed.

I'm planning a 0.74.2 patch out later in the week. Just minor glitches and fixes. Also gives $10k to anyone who was effected by the negative money glitch in the dojo.

Reactions: Raj

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • he/him
  • Seen yesterday
fortunately for me when I tested that out myself it didn't happen so I kept all my money when I started up a new game. My old save file for some reason wouldn't allow me to apply the pre-existing shiny data I had collected so I had to open a new file in the off chance there was an issue with my download.

Also swift is still a physical attack I saw, just in case you overlooked the re-classing of that move.

Years
Could I get some tips on how to deal with Vanish? I have next to no healing items...and my team just keeps getting wrecked by her...I can get her to Fury Mode...but then I just lose...

The team I'm currently using: Eevee Lv23, Quilava Lv22, Hitmonlee Lv22, Pidgeotto Lv19.
Eevee knows: Tackle, Quick Attack, Dig, Bite, Double Kick, Sand Attack, Tail Whip, Focus Energy, Helping Hand, Recharge, and Hypervisor Virus.
Vaporeon knows the same moves, except for Dig, Bite, Double Kick, and Focus Energy. It also knows Water Gun and Bubble Beam.
Jolteon is the same as Vaporeon, but knows Thunder Shock, Thunder Fang, and Thunder Wave instead.
Flareon is the same, but knows Ember, Fire Fang, Pursuit, and Baton Pass.
Espeon is also the same, but knows Confusion and Psy Beam.
Quilava knows: Scratch, Quick Attack, Ember, Flame Claw, Flame Wheel, Aerial Ace, Iron Tail, Smokescreen, and Recharge.
Hitmonlee knows: Tackle, Comet Punch, Karate Chop, Double Kick, Leer, Agility, Helping Hand, Foresight, and Recharge.
Pidgeotto knows: Tackle, Quick Attack, Gust, Air Cutter, Sand Attack, Whirlwind, and Recharge.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Vanish is Electric/Psychic and half of your team appears to be weak by her attacks. But it's possible to beat her and it's exploring her weakness and strength as well good grinding (I beat her with a Lv. 25 team and had to consume all my Rare Candys for my trump cards).

First, switch Pidgeotto and Hitmonlee with two Ground-type Pokémon such as Gravelver and Dugtrio. They have Magnitude and Dig, which is a great help. Dugtrio knows Sucker Punch too, but both Pokémon needs to be at least Lv. 25. Or you get a Houndoom too, since Vanish is weak to Ground-, Ghost- and Dark-types. But both Pokémon consume their MPs so quickly so you will need many Ethers.

Second, Quilava can benefit from TM Shadow Claw, which can be bought in the Magnus Department Store.

Third, you said you have next to not healing items. I strongly recommend to bring some Potions and Ethers, even those which can heal the entire party. Higher Potions and Ethers can be refined. You can use berries too.

Fourth, keep Eevee as Flareon, since in this form his attack state is at the highest for Bite or Pursuit. At the beginning of the battle I recommend to use Helping Hand twice, since it raises all attack states.

I hope I can help with this tips. I tend to be crazy prepared to beat the hypervisors, but Lionheart managed me to catch off guard most times since one of my Pokémon was useless or weak to him.

Years
Vanish is Electric/Psychic and half of your team appears to be weak by her attacks. But it's possible to beat her and it's exploring her weakness and strength as well good grinding (I beat her with a Lv. 25 team and had to consume all my Rare Candys for my trump cards).

First, switch Pidgeotto and Hitmonlee with two Ground-type Pokémon such as Gravelver and Dugtrio. They have Magnitude and Dig, which is a great help. Dugtrio knows Sucker Punch too, but both Pokémon needs to be at least Lv. 25. Or you get a Houndoom too, since Vanish is weak to Ground-, Ghost- and Dark-types. But both Pokémon consume their MPs so quickly so you will need many Ethers.

Second, Quilava can benefit from TM Shadow Claw, which can be bought in the Magnus Department Store.

Third, you said you have next to not healing items. I strongly recommend to bring some Potions and Ethers, even those which can heal the entire party. Higher Potions and Ethers can be refined. You can use berries too.

Fourth, keep Eevee as Flareon, since in this form his attack state is at the highest for Bite or Pursuit. At the beginning of the battle I recommend to use Helping Hand twice, since it raises all attack states.

I hope I can help with this tips. I tend to be crazy prepared to beat the hypervisors, but Lionheart managed me to catch off guard most times since one of my Pokémon was useless or weak to him.

First off, thank you so much for your tips. Unfortunately, due to where I saved, I could not go back and get more healing items, but I had Diglett and Shroomish in my second team, and switched them with Hitmonlee and Pidgeotto. I also took your advice and started with Eevee as Flareon, then switched back to Eevee for Dig...I lost Quilava and Shroomish in the battle...but Diglett and Eevee managed to survive long enough to get Vanish down to her Core Mode...once again, thank you for your tips...

DarkDoom3000

Years
fortunately for me when I tested that out myself it didn't happen so I kept all my money when I started up a new game. My old save file for some reason wouldn't allow me to apply the pre-existing shiny data I had collected so I had to open a new file in the off chance there was an issue with my download.

Also swift is still a physical attack I saw, just in case you overlooked the re-classing of that move.
Weird, I thought I accounted for prexisting shiny data.
Just out of curiosity, what do you guys think about the shiny rate at the moment? Should I make them more rarer? it's currently a 1/1024 chance per battle, unless you get a suprise battle in which case the chance doubles(?)

Wow, very impressive analysis :)

Another note I'd add is if you're trying to train up a new Pokemon, you should equip a Balance Band on eevee, you get it from Crystal in Chapter 4. Doing so will siphon all the battle exp from your main team, and give it to the lowest level pokemon in your main team. Meaning 3 pokemon will get 0 EXP, while the weakest pokemon will get 4x the exp. This makes it easy to raise up new pokemon to become viable in your team.
Also, your second team will gain EXP from battles, so take note of that.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • he/him
  • Seen yesterday
Nah 1 out of a thousand seems fine to me, I mean if that was increased that would mean no one will be able to make use of the machine that makes pokemon shiny. The main games have the probability at like 1 out of 8000 or so, it's near impossible to find shiny pokemon in the standard games' playtime usually.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 16, 2015
when you click the oven in your house it says means instead of meals..yeah i pick up on stuff nobody cares about but i thought id just tell you anyway

i love this game btw,its the only final fantasy pokemon based game i found so im hyped to see the final game when its done.

DarkDoom3000

Years
New Patch Avaliable. 0.74.2
http://dreammodule.com?spee=download

Mostly just fixing up additional bugs, but also adding a bunch of trophies to corrupted pokemon which never had them before.

-Fixed crystal's find bomb on F5 option in silph raid.
-Fixed encounters in Ferreus Mines
-Fixed Dojo money glitch
-Make Mors bone burying a proper sidequest
-Special Berry trees now have correct item jingle
-Various spelling fixes
-Added trophy for Corrupted Liaron, Snubbull, Nuzleaf, Lotad, Mankey, Bulbasaur, Exeggcute, Weedle/Caterpie, Wooper
-Fixed Axe and Pickaxe item rates

I've also update the demo download so that it'll download a pre-patched version of 0.74.2
There will likely be atleast 1 more maintanance patch for 0.74

-----
Nah 1 out of a thousand seems fine to me, I mean if that was increased that would mean no one will be able to make use of the machine that makes pokemon shiny. The main games have the probability at like 1 out of 8000 or so, it's near impossible to find shiny pokemon in the standard games' playtime usually.
True that. Shinies add an optional goal (for the obsessed) of unlocking the shiny form of every obtainable pokemon. So need that rate to be high enough for that.

when you click the oven in your house it says means instead of meals..yeah i pick up on stuff nobody cares about but i thought id just tell you anyway

i love this game btw,its the only final fantasy pokemon based game i found so im hyped to see the final game when its done.
Thanks! Typos are aplenty, and I do appreciate spelling corrections

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Ok so im not gonna update till .75 which i cant wait haha! Ok so early 2015? Great thats a good target date and I'll keep watching this :)

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
Is it fine if you update from 7.3 to 7.4.2? Or should I download and update to 7.4 and then 7.42? I'm asking because 7.4.2 is 80MB which seems like the entire game instead of just a quick patch.

Back