• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    Heatran was... Unique. It has a unique typing, a unique type effectiveness thing (5 double resistances), it's a unique among legendaries for being male or female, it has a unique design, pretty much everything about it is unique. Overall, however, I don't really like or dislike this pokémon, but it's slightly different from other fire types.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Personally, I would say I'm a strong fan of Heatran.

In terms of design, I don't quite like it, unfortunately, but I do believe it suits the Pokémon rather well, as it's got this feeling of intimidation surrounded. Heatran is legendary and was specifically meant to be fearful, and I feel this is a good way to go about that--having its appearance scream loud.

Battling-wise, it's definitely helpful. It's got heavy defenses, allowing it to endure good amount of hits. On top of this, Heatran also has Flash Fire ability, and whenever we're expecting opponent to strike with some fire-type attack, we could instantly switch to this Pokémon and have power of its moves raised, making it easier to take foe down.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Fire it back up! Time for a new Pokémon of the week!

Spoiler:

Houndoom!

Gold Pokédex: If you are burned by the flames it shoots from its mouth, the pain will never go away.

Never? O_O

I like Houndoom a lot, I'm currently using it in a playthrough of Platinum and it has been great. It's got a great design, an awesome typing, and is pretty powerful. It's definitely one of my favorite Fire-types and overall as well.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Houndoom, I never actually used it but I love it's typing. A dark/fire type seems pretty boss. I wanted to use one even more since it got a mega, and it looks awesome non the less

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Come on, no more Houndoom lovers? This is strange, I thought Houndoom was a pretty popular Pokémon :P

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Lol sorry i guess im late!
    I love Houndoom as it is a dark type and its sooooo powerful! I originally thought it was like dark and steel as per the horns anklets and "necklace". Then it breathed fire on me so haha i lost plenty of battles at first. I love its mega! So awesome powerful and easily useable on a monotype fire team! Its actually probs one of my top 10 fire types hehe

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Oh my god, I love Houndoom so much. It's my favorite little puppy next to Arcanine. It looks so badass and if I don't start with Typhlosion in HeartGold, I will wait patiently until Kanto to catch myself a Houndour. I love a lot of Pokemon that have stats perfect for sweeping.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • POTW! This week:

Spoiler:

Black/White Pokédex: Its magma-like blood circulates throughout its body. Its body's heat can top 1,100 degrees F.

That's quite hot for a little Pokémon

Magby is the much cuter form of Magmar and Magmortar, and I like it quite a lot actually. It's got a very simple but cute design and fits very well with it's evolutionary line.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Name: Oblox
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Mega Charizard X & Charizard Y
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: When I first started on Pokemon Red I picked charmander and have loved all his forms ever since, Charizard has always been good and now with mega evolutions its a near perfect pokemon for me and is always on my team (I have separate Charizard for each mega type! Just wish you could mega evolve both at once). Flame moves have pretty much always looked good across the generations, flamethrower, blast burn, flame charge and all the specials for legendaries like Victini and Reshiram. Groudons Omega Ruby was my choice for the new games because I like fire too.
    Answer to current topic:
    I like Heatrans moves but ive never liked his design, I just think its a bit odd. Saw it first in soulsilver and have never really been that bothered about it.

Houndoom has always annoyed me mainly because of stalling me for ages in Soulsilver from beating the elite 4. Never one id choose to use myself.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Nekochen
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Houndoom and Talonflame!
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: I always have been a fire type fan. Fire always appealed to me and I loved using them. Eventually Houndoom became my favorite pokemon so I generally always have one on my team no matter what game I have. Houndoom helped me through so much back in crystal days. The Houndoom I had then could easily wipe the elite four out by herself! Even so I still love the other fire types! You don't know how excited I was to hear about the fire flying typing for Talonflame.
    Answer to current topic: I wasn't sure if the topic was Heatran or Magby since it says Heatran on the front page but Magby posted from two days ago but either way I like both of the pokemon. I was never a huge fan of magmar design but Magby is still cute c:

Also! I decided to test out my abilities some today and made a banner for you guys 8D I don't know if it is as good as what you have now but I hope you like it! I tried to spiffy it up with some animation basing it somewhat off the design of the others.
    firebanner_zpsq7jxn3y1.gif

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Oops, it's Magby, I forgot to change the front page. I'll do all that now!

Name: Oblox
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Mega Charizard X & Charizard Y
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: When I first started on Pokemon Red I picked charmander and have loved all his forms ever since, Charizard has always been good and now with mega evolutions its a near perfect pokemon for me and is always on my team (I have separate Charizard for each mega type! Just wish you could mega evolve both at once). Flame moves have pretty much always looked good across the generations, flamethrower, blast burn, flame charge and all the specials for legendaries like Victini and Reshiram. Groudons Omega Ruby was my choice for the new games because I like fire too.
    Answer to current topic:
    I like Heatrans moves but ive never liked his design, I just think its a bit odd. Saw it first in soulsilver and have never really been that bothered about it.

Houndoom has always annoyed me mainly because of stalling me for ages in Soulsilver from beating the elite 4. Never one id choose to use myself.

Welcome! I'd have to agree, Charmander was the first Pokémon I ever used and now Charizard is my favorite Pokémon of all time. I'd also have to agree about Heatran, it's one I probably wouldn't ever use. No Houndoom, eh? I personally think it's really cool and it's been very good in my Platinum playthrough so far.

Name: Nekochen
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Houndoom and Talonflame!
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: I always have been a fire type fan. Fire always appealed to me and I loved using them. Eventually Houndoom became my favorite pokemon so I generally always have one on my team no matter what game I have. Houndoom helped me through so much back in crystal days. The Houndoom I had then could easily wipe the elite four out by herself! Even so I still love the other fire types! You don't know how excited I was to hear about the fire flying typing for Talonflame.
    Answer to current topic: I wasn't sure if the topic was Heatran or Magby since it says Heatran on the front page but Magby posted from two days ago but either way I like both of the pokemon. I was never a huge fan of magmar design but Magby is still cute c:

Also! I decided to test out my abilities some today and made a banner for you guys 8D I don't know if it is as good as what you have now but I hope you like it! I tried to spiffy it up with some animation basing it somewhat off the design of the others.
    firebanner_zpsq7jxn3y1.gif

Welcome! I love the banner, I'll copy it to the first post. Houndoom is a good choice as I said earlier in this post, it's a good battler.

Years
  • Welcome! I love the banner, I'll copy it to the first post. Houndoom is a good choice as I said earlier in this post, it's a good battler.

Oh I'm glad! Thanks for the welcome c: Also wanted to mention how I'm a fan or Breaking Benjamin too. Glad to see more around. Hope I can get to know you guys better.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I was never a fan of baby Pokemon, let alone Magby. I'm not a fan of it's evolution line either.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Pokémon! Of the week!

Spoiler:

Typhlosion!

Gold Pokédex: If its rage peaks, it becomes so hot that anything that touches it will instantly go up in flames.

Hulk...fire?

Typhlosion is my 4th favorite Fire-type starter, recently being pushed down by Delphox. It may be a bit higher, but it needs more moves. Aside from breeding Extrasensory, it doesn't get a ton of Special Attack support which makes it harder to use except for burning stuff up. I love it's design and it's pre-evolutions though, so it's still a favorite of mine.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Cyndaquil and his evolutions are another bunch i've not found that interesting. He just looks odd from start to finish yet he could have been awesome.

Finished breeding and super training my new SAtk based Charizard Y and Atk based Charizard X, gone back to Mega Y though in my main team as it just looks loads better and I love drought for that fiery boost! Now focusing on playing X to finish my dex for the shiny charm (on around 690) so I can start my Charmander farm to breed my ultimate Shiny Charizard Y.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • I want to love Typhlosion so badly. He looks so cool and I really thought he'd pack a punch. Thing was, he never did slay anything for me in HG, in fact, I think he always got knocked by silly things. Cyndaquil and Quilava are so cute, but looks only get you so far. Speaking of looks, its shiny form isn't too striking? Black would have been cooler.

If anything, Typhlosion stood out to me in that anime short/movie thing with Jimmy and Raikou. He was ever loyal, and it was really cute.

Needless to say, I never had a good experience with the Cyndaquil line in-game. I just like obtaining one in every game since it is a fire starter just to say I have it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    TYYYYPPHHHHHHHHLLLLLLLOOOOOOOSSSSSIIIIIIOOOOOOONNNNNNN!!!

You already know this is my favorite pokemon without a doubt. He's got so much intensity, I just love it. I did wish he had access to more moves and was a bit stronger as well because I would love to use him competitively.

Years
  • Typhlosion has always been a favorite of mine. It's dear to my heart as my most-used starter in G/S/C and it carried me throughout pretty much the entire game since I never trained much else back then.. haha. But you're right that it does lack a good special attack movepool which makes it hard for me to use so I've been mostly neglecting it for generations now.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Very mixed reviews on Typhlosion. It's got a lot of potential but not much to take advantage of which hinders it quite a bit and it's pretty depressing.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Oh i guess i didnt see this,
    Ok so typhlosion is good and all it can be good with energy ball and really i feel it needs a mega. Its just so average and compared to the other starters hes not very good plus hes just pure fire type which shouldnt happen! Haha but u hope if he does get a mega its something more simplified and it adds a new type to him but plzzz dont let it be fighting haha.

Back