• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
Years
  • You joined at the right time then! Welcome to the club, Warspirit. :)

thank you aslan!

Welcome! What exactly is the Mega Evolution special?

Thanks! It's a special centered around Pokemon that can mega evolve and battling those Pokemon. It follows a trainer named Alain with his Mega Charizard X and a little girl (whose name I can not remember atm). It's on Act II right now with Act III coming out sometime next year. It's worth a watch! Steven Stone and a few other notable people also appear in it.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Charizard is the best pokemon (Tied with noivern).
    Other than more speed, there's nothing more I could ask for in a fire type.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's great to see Charizard join in on Pokémon of the Week! It's got to be one of my most favorite fire-types out there, right beside Ninetales.

I believe it's got some decent credibility, first and foremost, due to being one of the starters of Kanto, which is the first region we've ever got to visit, whether it be in anime or game. In terms of former, it had made some good amount of appearances throughout, as it was Ash's team member at one point. Initially, it would act too cocky and refuse to listen to its trainer, but during Advanced Generation season, however, when it made its return when Ash was facing off against Nolan of Battle Factory, all of this seemed to have changed; it learned to love Ash, and had developed better friendship.

When it comes to games, I'm quite a huge fan. It's got great offenses as well as access to some amazing moves, allowing it to be very viable for almost anyone's team. It's got two mega-evolution forms--Mega Charizard X and Y--both of which are stunning in terms of competitive. Personally, however, I'm more fond of latter, as its design seems to be rather natural.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • As much as I love Charizard Y's design, X is much better in battle due to charizard's versatile physical movepool, and X has a fantastic attack and special attack.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I like Charizard X better because it can do more with its moves and it's got an awesome design. I checked out that Mega Evolution special and it's awesome - especially because of Mega Charizard X.

I'm currently trying to breed a MM shiny Charmander which I plan on using as a Mega Charizard Y. Now I need a stone for it though :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I would have liked Mega-Charizard X more had it kept the color-scheme of its original form, to be honest.

Blue and black does seem pretty cool, I'll admit, but this combination, at least in my eyes, looks sort of misplaced; black coloring is primarily a part of Charizard's shiny form, and seeing that change doesn't precisely feel right. I definitely would have liked it better if it weren't for that.

As for battling, I haven't used Charizard X much, personally, so I cannot say how good or bad it might be in regards to this. Its stats do seem nice, however, and judging by those, it must be good!

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I have a possible theory for the color scheme change. Perhaps it underwent a major change when it Mega Evolved to become a Dragon-type. I guess that doesn't hold weight as much since others keep their color scheme when they change types.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I thought charizard became black because his fire was hot enough to burn his scales (Char them, hue hue), and the blue was blue fire, which is hotter than orange.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I agree! The fighting type would definitely make them feel a lot more like counterparts. :] One thing I've never understood though is how did Darmanitan-Zen happen? I've never looked at its backstory but it seems so drastically different from Darmanitan. I can make out some similar features but it's much smaller, almost like a Darumaka who either got possessed or inherited powers from some other source.

Darmanitan are based on Daruma dolls, which are modeled after Buddhist monk who founded the Zen school of Buddhism. Daruma dolls are rich in symbolism, they represent perseverance and are usually given as gifts of encouragement. When you get a Daruma doll, it has big round blank eyes, just like Darmanitan-Zen. What you do is, you fill in one of its eyes when you set a goal for yourself, then you fill in the second eye when you reach your goal. That way, whenever you see your one-eyed doll, you're encouraged to work hard towards your goal.

As interesting as the above bit is, I guess that Darmanitan-Zen, with its posture similar to the Lotus position and blank eyes, is more a reference to Zen meditation. Which requires will-power and mental strength (and is said to be a way to attain psychic powers??), so that's where the Psychic typing would come from.

Ah, what better way to return to a club than posting mildly interesting trivia about Pokemon origins {XD}

Wicked3DS

Years
  • First Pokémon of the Week for 2015!

Spoiler:

Litleo!

Y Pokédex: They set off on their own from their pride and live by themselves to become stronger. These hot-blooded Pokémon are quick to fight.

What a temper for such a cute Pokémon. Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan. Pyroar is a great battler, sure, and Litleo is fairly cute, but I'm not a big fan of the designs honestly, mostly because the coloration just doesn't work out for me. They're battling skills really don't stand out among other Fire-types all that much, and I've never been a fan of giving a Pokémon [x]/Normal-typing in the first place. It just doesn't make much sense (except maybe for Flying, but that's probably because it's been that way forever).

All that being said, the fiery mane is a very cool concept I must admit, and also the difference in gender designs of Pyroar was pretty unique.

SamuRay

Overlord of Fusions
    Years
  • Name: SamuRay
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Simisear and Charizard
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: I just like them for no reason
    Answer to current topic:

Pokémon of the Week: Charizard
    It's the last stage of my favourite starter and it is good if used as a sweeper.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name: SamuRay
    Answer to current topic:

It's the last stage of my favourite starter and it is good if used as a sweeper.

Welcome! I agree about Charizard, it's a very good Pokémon.

Now talk Litleo people!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Litleo's one of those pokemon that had a great idea but a flopped design. I didn't find myself really liking it that much despite lions being in my top three creatures for their appearance in different franchises and series. (e.g. Aslan, symbol of Gryffindor and The Lion King) Honestly, its male evolution is the only one I really like as it actually looks fiery over well, an ordinary lion in real life. I'm guessing that's where the normal typing got thrown in but yeahhh, it wasn't needed to say the least.

And while they did get most features of the cub right and it was quite cute, there wasn't really much else to like. I'm usually a fan of black but mixed with the orange and brown, it didn't work out so well. Also it does look rather like a bear with the ears, eyes and snout, haha.

Despite all these complaints, I still think its a decent pokemon outside of aesthetics. It's one of the stronger fire types offensively, has a cool male evolution and a mediocre female. I get why there was a signifcant design difference between the two but female Pyroar is still lackluster. :(

Name: SamuRay
    Answer to current topic:

Welcome! Simisear's rather underrated so I'm glad there are some fans out there! If I may ask, what do you like about him? Design, battle power, everything? I feel like he gets much more backlash than he deserves so it'd be awesome to hear your opinion on the guy. :]

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    Name: Umbr30n
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Houndoom, Arcanine
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: I've always chosen them as my starter (except from Hoenn because I happen to dislike the Torchic line) and there are a number of unique and diverse pokémon (IMO, these include, but are not limited to, Volcarona, Torkoal and Houndoom) and ideas that come with it, in my opinion anyway.
    Answer to current topic: I like the Litleo line. I don't know why, I just do. The design is a little off for Litleo, but other than that, the only thing I dislike about it is the part Normal type. It just gives them an extra weakness and an immunity that rarely ever pays off given the amount of weaknesses that it has. It gives them a better advantage with Hyper Beam and the like, but IMO it's not worth it.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name: Umbr30n
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Houndoom, Arcanine
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: I've always chosen them as my starter (except from Hoenn because I happen to dislike the Torchic line) and there are a number of unique and diverse pokémon (IMO, these include, but are not limited to, Volcarona, Torkoal and Houndoom) and ideas that come with it, in my opinion anyway.
    Answer to current topic: I like the Litleo line. I don't know why, I just do. The design is a little off for Litleo, but other than that, the only thing I dislike about it is the part Normal type. It just gives them an extra weakness and an immunity that rarely ever pays off given the amount of weaknesses that it has. It gives them a better advantage with Hyper Beam and the like, but IMO it's not worth it.

Welcome! Wait a second...aren't you the previous owner? Anyway, I agree about the Normal typing. It just is unnecessary. Kind of disappointed that you dislike the Torchic line since it's my second favorite Fire-type and starter line :O but Houndoom and Arcanine are good partner choices.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • When it comes to fire types, litleo and its evolution are rather odd. When I look for a fire type, I'm usually not thinking about some half-normal, relatively low stat mammal. However, litleo is as cute as a lion can be, and pyroar is cool looking in both forms and decent in battle. These two aren't the most badass fire types, but they're respectable and noble ones all the same.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I love Litleo family, to be honest; in my opinion, they're one of the best fire-types, right beside Charizard and Blaziken lines.

In beginning of Pokémon Y version, I was able to run into a shiny Litleo, but unfortunately, I accidentally wound up making it faint; I've had very limited amount of Poké Balls in my backpack, and did not want to waste any. Due to this, I decided to attack, and it turned out to be a critical hit. Rest is history. Thankfully, however, I have had chance to encounter another of these shiny Litleo later throughout, which I did catch.

As far as its evolution goes--Pyroar--I love it. It reminds me of Lion King characters; as I child, I've considered the movie to be one of my most favorites. Its design seems to suit the Pokémon quite nicely, and its stats, move-pool, and so forth aren't quite bad, either. Overall, Pyroar is rather decent.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Let's get another Pokémon up here shall we?

Spoiler:

Heatran!

Platinum Pokédex: Its body is made of rugged steel. However, it is partially melted in spots because of its own heat.

I'm not the biggest Heatran fan in the world. It's very unique and I like the typing, but I'm just not a fan of the design at all. The coloration isn't really my favorite and it just isn't the type of Pokémon that fits me well either. But I'm pretty sure a lot of you like it so go ahead and take this one away.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Heatran is a badass pokemon.
    What it's supposed to be, I've no idea. A gecko? A Cow? A shell-less tortoise? A protoceratops? Either way I just love it. Its steel jaw, its sturdy legs, the armor that melted into its lava-like skin, and even the fact that it has a gender for no reason at all.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • Name: JatinGupta
    Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Charizard and Combusken
    Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: First of all they are very powerful in Battles they have generally high attack stats :) they also have awesome designs(ex charizard) and they are cool and resist to pokemon moves(bug, steel,ice etc.)
    Answer to current topic: i like litleo because In battle, its tuft of fur radiates heat, and when up against a strong opponent, the temperature increases.Litleo is a hot-blooded Pokémon that is quick to start fights.i considered litleo stronger than charmander and torchic.

Last edited:
    Back