• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Slowbro or Slowking? Which is the better one to go with, they seem pretty even.

Both are actually very good, they have the same stat total but it's distributed differently, with Slowbro having higher Defense and Slowking has higher Sp. Defense. Slowbro also has a Mega Evolution, which gains a huge boost to Defense and Sp. Attack.

They are fairly useful thanks to learning some interesting moves, but in the end it depends on which suits your playstyle.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    Wonder Mail S for recruiting Pichu

The only Wonder Mail S generator I know doesn't have Pichu. So I ask of you, are there any Explorers of Sky players who have Wonder Mail S for recruiting Pichu?

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • The only Wonder Mail S generator I know doesn't have Pichu. So I ask of you, are there any Explorers of Sky players who have Wonder Mail S for recruiting Pichu?

As a fellow Mystery Dungeon player, I couldn't turn my back on this. :)

I think I know exactly which generator you're using, and you're correct that it does not list Pichu. However, if you have the link to the "Advanced Generator" (found here), then Pichu is listed along with many other untested features.

Try this one:

&KJK% Q@Y8W89 YS-@F
    =57W8 @R#R0J= #X68X

I just tested it for myself and it SHOULD be working properly, but just to make sure, have you beaten the game yet? If not, I can't 100% guarantee you that it'll work, but it's still worth a shot. ^^

If it does work properly, it should yield the following mission:

Mission: Rescue Pichu.
    Client: Pichu
    Restriction: None
    Reward: Pichu joins your team

Wonder Mail S (US/AU):
    &KJK% Q@Y8W89 YS-@F
    =57W8 @R#R0J= #X68X

Good luck, and I hope everything works out!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    As a fellow Mystery Dungeon player, I couldn't turn my back on this. :)

I think I know exactly which generator you're using, and you're correct that it does not list Pichu. However, if you have the link to the "Advanced Generator" (found here), then Pichu is listed along with many other untested features.

Try this one:

&KJK% Q@Y8W89 YS-@F
    =57W8 @R#R0J= #X68X

I just tested it for myself and it SHOULD be working properly, but just to make sure, have you beaten the game yet? If not, I can't 100% guarantee you that it'll work, but it's still worth a shot. ^^

If it does work properly, it should yield the following mission:

Mission: Rescue Pichu.
    Client: Pichu
    Restriction: None
    Reward: Pichu joins your team

Wonder Mail S (US/AU):
    &KJK% Q@Y8W89 YS-@F
    =57W8 @R#R0J= #X68X

Good luck, and I hope everything works out!

Thanks for linking to this advanced version, I didn't even know it existed :)

And I probably should have mentioned I'm playing the European version.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Thanks for linking to this advanced version, I didn't even know it existed :)

And I probably should have mentioned I'm playing the European version.

No problem! ^^

Hmm, I see. Well, never fear! In case you haven't had the time to do so already, I just generated the same situation for the European version (and tested it):

X8-SJ F@W98@% K7YJR
    RX8WQ 8#6#5&= Y0@K=

As before, I'm not exactly sure if it works differently if you haven't beaten the game, but if it does work, it should come out as this:

Spoiler:

Let me know if you have any problems getting that Pichu! I'm pretty sure there's one other way of recruiting one without Wonder Mail if worst comes to worst.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    No problem! ^^

Hmm, I see. Well, never fear! In case you haven't had the time to do so already, I just generated the same situation for the European version (and tested it):

X8-SJ F@W98@% K7YJR
    RX8WQ 8#6#5&= Y0@K=

As before, I'm not exactly sure if it works differently if you haven't beaten the game, but if it does work, it should come out as this:

Spoiler:

Let me know if you have any problems getting that Pichu! I'm pretty sure there's one other way of recruiting one without Wonder Mail if worst comes to worst.

Thanks, man! It worked!

(I don't like not being American...)

Years
  • Could this be hacked..?

Unsure if this is the right place for this, but I'll give it a shot anyways. Feel free to move it if needed!

Last night i was wonder trading. Stuff i usually wonder trade, which is starter pokemon with pokerus.. and to my shock, I ended up with a level 100 shiny Gratina. I'll give the info on it:

LV 100 Giratina, shiny, with the "hexagon" symbol
    OT SciresM
    EXP: 1,250.000
    Rash nature, Alert to sounds, met in a "Faraway Place" @ LV 50 on 11/11/2014
    HP: 441
    ATK: 281
    DEF: 276
    Sp. ATK: 328
    Sp. DEF: 248
    SPE: 235

It's moves are Draco Meter, Toxic, Shadow Ball and Shadow Sneak

I mean, at first glance... I wouldn't think so... but can Giratina even appear as a shiny in the wild anymore?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Yes it can. In ORAS you can run into shiny Legendary Pokemon, including Giratina. It's still slightly questionable, but it's not completely impossible. If you want it, go for it.

EDIT: It says it was caught on the 11th of November, and the release date is around the 21st. I wouldn't trust it.

Years
  • As mentioned, if it didn't say that it was from a Faraway place, it'd be more believable but since it doesn't look like it was from Generation IV then it's probably not real.

But to the above poster, perhaps their 3DS was adjusted?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Along with our suggestions mentioned in above posts, have you compared its current stats with actual ones (info on them could be found throughout various places online) to see if they're slightly off? If they are, it's possible that this Giratina could be hacked.

Also, if you don't mind, I'm going to merge your thread into General Quick Questions & Answers, as it would likely fit better there; I hope we're okay with this!

Thread merged.

Years
  • Thank you Peitharchia. :)
    I'm beginning to think it was, indeed, hacked. I'm unsure what to do with it at this point. I won't be using it in battles or trading it, but it was a cool thing to look at for a while, though.
    I suppose best thing to do would be release it.

Years
  • Apologies for the double post, but another question has come up- is it possible to get a HA Tepig through legitimate means right now? I received one over Wonder Trade that was hatched on the 31st of last month.
    I've encountered a surprising amount of obviously-hacked pokemon with X/Y, it's a little saddening to think that I can work my butt off and still not be at all better then a hacker..

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Apologies for the double post, but another question has come up- is it possible to get a HA Tepig through legitimate means right now? I received one over Wonder Trade that was hatched on the 31st of last month.
    I've encountered a surprising amount of obviously-hacked pokemon with X/Y, it's a little saddening to think that I can work my butt off and still not be at all better then a hacker..
    An event started a little while ago where they're giving out HA Unova starters. Serperior was first, then came Emboar. Samurott was made available yesterday I believe. So HA Tepigs are legit now. There was also an announcement recently that the Johto starters will be getting their Hidden Abilities starting on the 27th of this month.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    I have a question for you to answer

Is the 3d better on pokemon x and y and pokemon omega ruby and alpha sapphire on the new nintendo 3ds xl system?

Years
  • Is the 3d better on pokemon x and y and pokemon omega ruby and alpha sapphire on the new nintendo 3ds xl system?

To answer this question, the 3D is all but useless in these games - it doesn't really do anything if you have it on, except make battles slow down a bit, especially against hordes. So you're likely better off not even touching that switch at all. :P

Years
  • To answer this question, the 3D is all but useless in these games - it doesn't really do anything if you have it on, except make battles slow down a bit, especially against hordes. So you're likely better off not even touching that switch at all. :P
    I don't mean to intervene on this, but I thought that battling was only 3D for single battles, and nothing more, for the sake of lag? I know for a fact that triple and rotation battles have no 3D capability, so I don't see why horde battles would at all.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Is the 3d better on pokemon x and y and pokemon omega ruby and alpha sapphire on the new nintendo 3ds xl system?
    First, I would agree that 3D (switch) doesn't change anything; and second, I believe that there would be no change in 3D quality, either. I mean, graphics improvements are unlikely to be 3D-specific.

Now, here's some (pretty old) news: all we know about "significant changes in quality" comes from the 3DS title "Monster hunter 4U." It has been noticed to have improved textures with the new system, but that obviously doesn't speak for the rest of the system's current titles -- nor 3D. If someone noticed that much from something less-popular than pokemon, then we should've received similar news for Pokemon titles by now...and we haven't. So it's safe to say that Pokemon pretty much looks exactly the same on both systems.

Performance-wise, with n3DS's new hardware (they doubled the RAM, specifically), slowdowns -in Pokemon- shouldn't no longer be an issue.

Hope this helped, kinda, though very late.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back