• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cscof

pretty coolish guy
Years
  • 3ds/2ds emulator

Is there a working emulator that i can play gen 6 games on? i don't really have much hope for a 3ds emulator, but 2ds possibly?

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

none, apparently, and there won't be for a long while. Also, if there was a 2DS emulator to be made...then that's pretty much a 3DS emulator already. Since, you know, the 2DS is -simply put- a device of cheaper hardware thats plays 3DS games? Software-wise, they're pretty much the same thing. Oh 3D simulation...me dumdum.

Last edited:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • There IS one 3DS emulator I know of but it's still in early alpha. It's called Citra, and right now it's barely functional, only capable of running homebrew demos, not actual games.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2014
    IV breeding help

So, I'm breeding Shuppets.
    After 3 boxes of them, I have one with perfect IVs in every stat except for hp.
    None of the Shuppets I have bred have a perfect hp IV.
    What is the fastest way for me to get a perfect stat Shuppet?

what I have:
    - 1 Shuppet with perfect Atk,Def, SAtk, SDef, and speed IVs
    - power items (belt, bracer, etc)
    - destiny knot
    - ever stone (I would like to maintain the almost-perfect shuppet's adamant nature)

I'm thinking I need to go back to Mt pyre and use the dexnav to find one with a perfect hp IV, but once I have that, what's the fastest way to combine them?

#DickBats

Oliver Queen
    Years
  • None sadly. As Mew_nani said there's maybe two or three emulators in development. I don't see a fully functioning 3DS emulator in the near future, maybe in 3-5 years.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023

Hi there!

Unfortunately, I'm not into breeding all that much, so I'm not sure I'll be able to help you. Though, I did want to say that we don't need to post new threads to specifically ask a question; we could use the Quick Questions and Answers thread instead. Due to this, I'll be going ahead and merging your topic with that; I hope you mind!

Thread merged.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • So I want to restart my White 2 for the Christmas challenge (go check it out if you haven't js!!), but all my boyfriend's stuff is still on the file. For those that don't know, I'm kind of locked out of Bank and still need to call and get that fixed, but I'm only locked out of bank as far as I know. So if I were to use the transporter, which I imagine should work, would the Pokemon safely make it to the transfer box, even though I don't exactly have access to it?

I really just don't want to whip out another DS and manually trade them to another gen V game, but I mean, if I must, then I must...lol.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

So I want to restart my White 2 for the Christmas challenge (go check it out if you haven't js!!), but all my boyfriend's stuff is still on the file. For those that don't know, I'm kind of locked out of Bank and still need to call and get that fixed, but I'm only locked out of bank as far as I know. So if I were to use the transporter, which I imagine should work, would the Pokemon safely make it to the transfer box, even though I don't exactly have access to it?

I really just don't want to whip out another DS and manually trade them to another gen V game, but I mean, if I must, then I must...lol.
    IIRC, poketransfer needs to "communicate" with the bank (as seen when when poketransfer loads things up), so if you are "locked out" or are experiencing problems, then you may not even be able to get it up and connected. Take this with a grain of salt, though, as i am only basing this off my knowledge that "poketransfer requires an active bank to work"

I'm afraid I couldn't test it out, myself, but you might be able to. Now to answer your question: IF pokemon were successfully transferred, regardless of your current issue, then you could be sure that they will stay there for as long as your bank account is active.

Edit: my bad, PokeTransporter** Got mixed up.

Oh and (though I assume you already know this, but I'm reminding you anyway) if you can't access the bank, but still manage to get stuff transported, you will only have a maximum of 30 pokemon transferred until you remove pokemon from the transfer box thru the Bank. This might be a problem if your boyfriend's got more than that.

So, I'm breeding Shuppets.
    After 3 boxes of them, I have one with perfect IVs in every stat except for hp.
    None of the Shuppets I have bred have a perfect hp IV.
    What is the fastest way for me to get a perfect stat Shuppet?

what I have:
    - 1 Shuppet with perfect Atk,Def, SAtk, SDef, and speed IVs
    - power items (belt, bracer, etc)
    - destiny knot
    - ever stone (I would like to maintain the almost-perfect shuppet's adamant nature)

I'm thinking I need to go back to Mt pyre and use the dexnav to find one with a perfect hp IV, but once I have that, what's the fastest way to combine them?
    Idk if this has already been answered elsewhere, but anyway, I'm assuming that you already have a background on breeding for IVs. Great, then it's just about chain-breeding. Breed and replace a partner whenever a new child with more perfect IVs is born (you will want the child to always have a perfect HP IV and opposite sex tho). Once you get two Shuppets with at least 4 P. IVs, it's just a few eggs from there. Many people settle with pokes that have 5 Perfect IVs, since it takes a ton of time to get a fully-perfect one even if both parents had 5 perfect IVs AND many pokemon don't really need all 6 Perfect IVs (usually you choose between speed, Atk, or Sp.A to ditch)

As a tip: People usually hoard Dittos with perfect IVs to get rid of the hassle of capturing same-species everytime. Makes it easier to get a 3 Perfect IV partner than searching in the wild. Try to find a generous person with a Ditto safari, and start breeding them from there. Safari pokemon, as you may know, have at least 2 perfect IVs, so it won't take a while to get a good ditto.

P.S sorry for the notifications everytime I edit, guys. IDK why this still hasn't been fixed.

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Does anyone have a good 3DS emulator that doesn't need a survey or anything dumb?
    No "3DS emulator" out there is capable of playing 3DS games as of yet. Most of what you see in the internet are scams; attracting you to their website, allowing them to earn money with their ads and surveys.

If there are any trustworthy sites you'll need to follow for such news, then it would only be this and this

Chrayus

Chrayus is love, Chrayus is life
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2015
    Breeding Question

So, I am trying to breed higher IV pokemon and I cannot seem to raise a pokemon's IVs past 3 perfects in breeding. I am using a 6IV Ditto, and a 5-6IV of the other pokemon. How can I make it breed higher IVS.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

So, I am trying to breed higher IV pokemon and I cannot seem to raise a pokemon's IVs past 3 perfects in breeding. I am using a 6IV Ditto, and a 5-6IV of the other pokemon. How can I make it breed higher IVS.
    The key item here is Destiny Knot -- it allows the offspring to inherit 5IVs from either parent, instead of 3 (where the rest are randomized, which i think is your problem here). However, this mechanic only works on GEN VI games.

hm, that reminds me, i forgot to mention this to someone who recently had a similar problem...

Last edited:

Chrayus

Chrayus is love, Chrayus is life
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2015
    The key item here is Destiny Knot -- it allows the offspring to inherit 5IVs from either parent, instead of 3 (where the rest are randomized, which i think is your problem here). However, this mechanic only works on GEN VI games.

hm, that reminds me, i forgot to mention this to someone who recently had a similar problem...
    And which pokemon do I put it on?

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

edit: Sorry I worded it wrong: It doesn't matter. You do want to have one parent hold an everstone for the desired Nature, though.

Do note that if you don't have any gen VI games, then you only have power items to use. In such case, you will equip the power item to a pokemon who has a perfect IV (corresponding to the power item) that you wanna pass down (100% guarantee)

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Ok well is there an emulator i can play x/y with?
    Okay, let me rephrase: You can't play 3ds games (x/y & ORAS included) on any platform right now aside from the 3ds itself, and it's other models.

P.S the answer to your question is nope, none.

Last edited:
    Years
  • So I am thinking of getting Pokemon Conquest, and Rumble U. How good are those games? Also thinking about the Art Academy but are the tools better than the lessons for everyone Art Academy?

Years
  • Havent played any of those, but I am definitely planning to. Pokemon COnquest seems so awesome and underrated. Reminds me of old turn based games. I say go for it. :)

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    i'm a big fan of turn-based combat games (Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, FFTA) so for me Pokémon Conquest was awesome! and well, i haven't played Rumble U nor Art Academy, but i have to say Art Academy actually looks quite fun from the gameplay videos i've seen on youtube, haha.
    i'd say definitely try them if you're interested enough! c:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yeah I just wanna make sure of this but, Pokemon cannot be placed into Bank boxes if they are holding an item, correct? You can't transfer items through the Bank, right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back