• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] What are you working on?

Years
  • After 4-5 months i decided to pick up my game again and i finally managed to fix a problem with autotiles i had that made me quit(and the solution was so simple i facepalmed that i couldn't figure it out before). I'm gonna upgrade to the newest Pokemon Essentials version and then start working on my game again. If i don't run into any high school problems i could possibly make a post about it in a month.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2016
    Although progress is extremely slow due to work commitments amongst other things, I'm currently attempting to create a fangame version of the Alternia Region Text RPG (of which I was adminstrator...sadly it's now on hiatus). It's a pretty ambitious thing to try and do given the features we had. It would feature three ways of attaining starters (which would result in potentially 170+ starter Pokémon), variable gym order (and variable teams - in the late-game, each slot in their party would have a choice of two Pokémon with the exception of the last 1/2 slots), wild Pokémon at similar levels to your own team throughout the game. Also includes free travel around the entire region (ferry travel unless you want to use Surf), the Pokémon League tournament (with varied trainers who have earned eight badges to reach said tournament - the right to face the Elite Fou is the prize) and (this one may be beyond me, granted) a variable champion.

Main stumbling block at the minute is mapping - I'm going for a Gen 4 style and in terms of spriting in that style...yeah. >>; If anyone would be willing to lend a hand in that regard, it would be much appreciated (though sadly, I feel spriting may be something of a dying art nowadays with Gen 6 and 3D Models).

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
  • Ending my break from Faith & Prayer Version after 2 months, it's time to start getting back down to business again. Right now I'm currently working on some side content that will be present in Demo 6, taking place in the Abandoned Cinnabar Mansion Ruins within the volcano. This video shows a cutscene for this little event.

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
    Years
  • Finished a demo of an ORAS remake up until Petalburg event for event, but I'm not happy with it, so it'll be a private project.

I've started a new project with lots of original ideas that I hope to organize a thread for soon if progress goes well.

Years
  • Finished a demo of an ORAS remake up until Petalburg event for event, but I'm not happy with it, so it'll be a private project.

I've started a new project with lots of original ideas that I hope to organize a thread for soon if progress goes well.

I think the ORAS remake might not be a bad idea, even if you don't want to release it as a game. People could use it as a base for a project, only replacing the events they need to, similar to a rom hack

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
    Years
  • I think the ORAS remake might not be a bad idea, even if you don't want to release it as a game. People could use it as a base for a project, only replacing the events they need to, similar to a rom hack

This is a good idea, I'd have to clean it up a bit, but yeah, if this can help people with eventing, I might consider posting the demo.

Years
  • I just got into making a game with essentials, after a joke between some friends slowly evolved into an idea for making a game. i'm pretty much a novice at it all, and my ideas surpass my skill level, but with a little help i'm hoping to produce something good. Right now i'm just learning as much as I can about it all, while my friends who want to help seem to be doing none of the hard stuff... Its pretty much they randomly tell me of ideas that are cool, but don't try to figure out how to work them. I still have a LONG way to go, and will be a very long time before I can produce something i'm happy with, but ill get to it eventually.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2015
    Trying to figure out how to port my Python skills to Ruby. XD
    Meanwhile, trying to avoid cursing out Ruby for every single minuscule counter-intuitive thing that makes me want to punch it and trying to pray myself into the parallel universe where RPGMXP was written in Python instead. XD

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • Trying to figure out how to port my Python skills to Ruby. XD
    Meanwhile, trying to avoid cursing out Ruby for every single minuscule counter-intuitive thing that makes me want to punch it and trying to pray myself into the parallel universe where RPGMXP was written in Python instead. XD

The tricky thing about Python, from what I've been told, is that it was written specifically for parsing strings and nothing else. It made the jump at some point when someone familiar with python decided that it was easier to expand the language than learn a different one that already did what that programmer wanted. If Zero Engine ever goes public, remind me and I'll be happy to send you a link to a version which supported Python!

Erassus

I'm back.
    Years
  • I'm working on MMO Pokémon Game based on lastest Pokémon Essentials (15.01) with Luka EB System, shiney570 BW Menu, minor overhaul's and HUD made by me. Full trade support based on RMX-OS.

Video Showcase: https://vid.me/8eY3

eFIDQ09.jpg

2f6mOAq.jpg

z9ahSrY.jpg

En8ooPU.jpg

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2015
    The tricky thing about Python, from what I've been told, is that it was written specifically for parsing strings and nothing else. It made the jump at some point when someone familiar with python decided that it was easier to expand the language than learn a different one that already did what that programmer wanted. If Zero Engine ever goes public, remind me and I'll be happy to send you a link to a version which supported Python!

It's regex engine was ported from perl, and it doesn't actually have a designated and consistent way to parse XML. XD It's good at parsing strings, great depending on what you want parsed, don't get me wrong, but that's by far not the only thing it's good at.

Python's real weakness, as I've seen it, is that there's too many third-party libraries that do essentially the same thing with little variation. You have to know how to shop around to make Python good, but when you do, it quickly becomes great. It's very accessible, and writing your own modules is a snap. I use it to accent my work on PE recently, actually. I had a script take all the files from Smogon's XY sprites and rename/retool them to fit the formatting. That whole process of dealing with 300+ images took me ten minutes and less than 50 lines.

But yeah. Now I'm working on getting my new move effects implemented. This... this will be rough.

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm currently trying to implement a 'birth sign' system, kinda like in the Elder Scrolls games. Searching through the scripts I noticed that essentials keeps track of moon phases and astrological signs in the zodiac...seems like a waste to have that just sitting there, not really affecting anything.

So far I've been able to make it so that the game will recognize which 'sign' a Pokemon is born under, and I've put together some graphics to accompany each sign in the Summary pages (coming up with constellations and lore to go along with them). I've written out some basic ideas for bonus effects each sign will bestow onto a Pokemon, but I haven't implemented any of them yet...so at the moment, it's pretty much just novelty.

I think if I combine this with an Unreal Time system, some cool bonuses, and link some kind of quests and things to it, it could really deepen the breeding system and help personalize your Pokemon a bit more. I'm also thinking that something special can happen on your Pokemon's birthdays, or maybe they get some kind of additional boost if you use them during times of the year that correlate with their birth sign. I think there's lots of potential with this idea, I just hope I can figure out how to properly implement it beyond just cosmetics. I'm not a coder or anything, so everything I've done so far is a gradual process of trial & error.

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • I'm working on MMO Pokémon Game based on lastest Pokémon Essentials (15.01) with Luka EB System, shiney570 BW Menu, minor overhaul's and HUD made by me. Full trade support based on RMX-OS.
    Were can we see more :D It looks great ! Might want to ask JV about his pvp script he made , he might be willing to help out

Erassus

I'm back.
    Years
  • Were can we see more :D It looks great ! Might want to ask JV about his pvp script he made , he might be willing to help out

My main game is still in only internal development, so i will publish when is very polished. (This will take months)

However now i'm making a little MMO Pokemon Game, and probably the first game online with debug available functions, i think in july or august will be available in PokeCommunity.

Hint:
    latest

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
    Years
  • At the moment I'm working on my protagonists' sprite and personality... it's hard to build an appealing character. This is kinda slowing me... specially because I hate to draw people. xD
    Spriting takes a lot of time.

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2019
    At the moment, I am coming up with character designs for the villainous teams in my fangame (Pokemon Collective and Mercantile), and planning to find someone to do the OW sprites and the Gen 6-styled mugshots.

Aljen

The Lost Boy...
    Years
  • Im currently drawing Custom Trainer sprites and translating my project to my local language ~^^~
    Here is one of them xD xD:
    11753683_109779849366271_1796260972466203839_n_by_magickid1234-d91j5e3.png

What do you guys think?

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
    Years
  • Im currently drawing Custom Trainer sprites and translating my project to my local language ~^^~
    Here is one of them xD xD:
    11753683_109779849366271_1796260972466203839_n_by_magickid1234-d91j5e3.png

What do you guys think?

Wow! It's very good! Particularly I like the color of her eyes.
    Will she be a psychic gym leader?

Back