• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: You get this pointless award!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
We all do things just for the heck of it. What things have you done that are cool, but mean absolutly nothing?
I evolved totodile before my first rival battle in hg/ss

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
I beat Champion Blue's Venusaur with a Lv17 Spearow (and my Lv36 Ninetales came in to help do damage) because Gen 3 AI is OP. It's only attacking move was Solarbeam (5-8 PP), I had Fly. Figure the rest out yourself.

I also used a Meganium.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I beat Champion Blue's Venusaur with a Lv17 Spearow (and my Lv36 Ninetales came in to help do damage) because Gen 3 AI is OP. It's only attacking move was Solarbeam (5-8 PP), I had Fly. Figure the rest out yourself.

I also used a Meganium.
Objection! AI controlled Pokemon had infinite PP in gen III! Still, countering that Venusaur like that wouldn't be too hard. XD

I managed to avoid battling a youngster on the second route on Sapphire, only to come beat him up with a level 100 Kyogre later.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
In my original playthrough of Pokémon Blue in 1998, I was one of the kids who came back after capturing Mewtwo and Hyper Beamed a level 2 Rattata on Route 1.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Objection! AI controlled Pokemon had infinite PP in gen III! Still, countering that Venusaur like that wouldn't be too hard. XD

I managed to avoid battling a youngster on the second route on Sapphire, only to come beat him up with a level 100 Kyogre later.

Hold It! That was gen I, not gen III

And that is the #1 achievement ever. You deserve a gold star.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
I eveolved my starter in Blue before I got the Pokedex. I also trained a Misdreavus in Gold from level 5 to 100 in just one day (as in a real day).

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
I, typically, evolve my starter before going in to the first gym.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
I know I've done some other pointless things that i took pride in but the one I'm enjoying most is already having my team of 6 all set in Pokemon X before even reaching the 2nd gym. Looking forward to the inevitable bonding i will have with this team

I also won two categories in the Pokemon Contest Spectacular (forget which two, I think clever and beauty) without using a single move that actually fit into that category on the highest rank (like no beauty moves for the beauty category)

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Getting all the Kanto and Kalos starters before the 2nd gym with the help of GTS, breeding and Wonder Trade in Pokemon X. Needless to say I didn't use the Kanto starters since I'm planning to only use Kalos Pokemon for my run.

And yes, this means I used all 3 Kalos starters in my team.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
I thought this thread would have been about the diploma you get when completing the Pokédex, haha.
Since you complete the Pokédex, and then they go like, There you go, you get this pointless award!

Years
Trading a Pokemon I want before I get to where that Pokemon is usually found. I have done it before, with some of my 4th and 5th Gen games.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Burned through 350+ Marills and Azumarills, both in the wild and through hatching... just to hatch an egg for my team. My reward? An overpowered rat.

Not to mention, I managed to fill up my entire PC solely because of that whole thing going down.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I thought this thread would have been about the diploma you get when completing the Pokédex, haha.
Since you complete the Pokédex, and then they go like, There you go, you get this pointless award!

In a sense, you are absolutely correct. Because completing the Pokedex before B2W2 doesn't give you anything except that digital diploma. Would be cool if there's a desktop wallpaper for those who complete their Pokedex, they could be given through Global Link.

Getting back on the main topic, I've bred and trained competitively perfect Pokemon despite not being a real competitive battler, I'm terrible at battling. So yeah, I got nothing after hatching and training.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
One would be training my Charmeleon to level 20 before facing off Brock in FireRed. I can't remember as to why I'd done it; this amount of training wasn't exactly necessary to win against him, haha.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Getting back on the main topic, I've bred and trained competitively perfect Pokemon despite not being a real competitive battler, I'm terrible at battling. So yeah, I got nothing after hatching and training.

I can take a couple of those off your hands if you want :P

OH AND I ALMOST FORGOT

I won all the Poketathalon cycles with 3 Magikarp. Except maybe Stamina. That was fun as hell.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Err..well, I maxed out my Pokemon Emerald playtime to 999:59, I intentionally lost to certain Hoenn Battle Frontier Brains to examine their victory quotes (as hard as it is to reach them in the first place -.- ;-;), and I deliberately accumulated Pokemon in my PC to see what the message was when the Pokemon Storage System becomes full in Pokemon Emerald (which is "The BOX is full.", and the player is prevented from throwing any Poke Balls during battle until space is made).. {XD} Not sure if those tasks merit any "pointless awards".. XD

txteclipse

The Last
Years
I got two bonus drinks from a vending machine once...having played the games since Blue version, I was very surprised. XD

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
The first time I played it was Pokemon Crystal, by the time I was at the Pokemon League all my 6 pokes in my party were all lvl 100 :)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I kept an Oddish as an Oddish until the seventh Gym in Johto. He was surprisingly strong for an unevolved Pokemon.

Back