• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
  • Hello,

I love your work! Keep going.
    I just have a problem, when I try to patch "Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.18)"
    , its says "Failed! Input checksum is invalid." I used a Ups patcher tsukuyomi. Can you help me? Regards
    Are you using a version 1.0 rom? And I forgot which UPS patchers have this option, but there is a choice to press ignore before patching it so that error doesn't come up.
    nvm mind, already found the powerstone gym leader and finished the rocket tower

is that where the beta ends ?

also i read the old playguide, there's an info about a man giving short for surfer club, how could i find him?

and how to evolve seadra?
    The beta ends there, but there are tons of surfable places for you to explore by then.
    The Surfer Shorts can be found during the day between 1pm and 3pm I think. The actual Brawly minigame involving that is going to be in RC 3.
    Seadra evolves when exposed to an area in Hydra Den which is not available in this build.
    My pichu is level 26, how do i evolve it.
    Freindship during the day.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2017
    Hello, again.. I finished the game yesterday and wonder is there a side require that was important?

Years
  • So i patched this perfectly fine but when i play this game on my gba4ios on my iphone it says the 1M sub circuit board is not installed. Any help would be appreciated!

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2020
    Amazing game so far. I think I am currently stuck right after being send back by my evil alter ego (after Oak's conference) and I dont know where to go, the lets play goes to the regi cave but the people do not appear there...

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • A question, my (female) ralts doesn't evolve is there a certain method for it?
    Ralts of both genders evolve at level 15 as long as its attack and defense stat are equal. At level 35 Kirlia evolves into Gallade or Gardevoir depending on its gender.
    Hello, again.. I finished the game yesterday and wonder is there a side require that was important?
    There's not really any side quests but there are random areas to explore once you have surf.
    So i patched this perfectly fine but when i play this game on my gba4ios on my iphone it says the 1M sub circuit board is not installed. Any help would be appreciated!
    That's a common emulator setting problem. Do you have customized settings for that emulator?
    Amazing game so far. I think I am currently stuck right after being send back by my evil alter ego (after Oak's conference) and I dont know where to go, the lets play goes to the regi cave but the people do not appear there...
    Did you explore the Dotte Hole on Route 63?

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    So i patched this perfectly fine but when i play this game on my gba4ios on my iphone it says the 1M sub circuit board is not installed. Any help would be appreciated!

does gba4ios have save flash 128k?

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Hey there!
    So, I started playing yesterday, but on RC 2.14, which I patched some days ago. Today I noticed that there's been an update to RC 2.18. Is there any major difference between the two?
    Also, can I patch 2.18 over the (already patched) rom with 2.14 and keep my save?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • Hey there!
    So, I started playing yesterday, but on RC 2.14, which I patched some days ago. Today I noticed that there's been an update to RC 2.18. Is there any major difference between the two?
    Also, can I patch 2.18 over the (already patched) rom with 2.14 and keep my save?
    You have to update to the latest version... because you will be encountering bugs and posting it here when you are not even on the latest one. You get a another clean rom to patch the new update. And rename the game file to the same name as your save file. That is how you use a game save. I am doing these constant updates because the game is just too large now to make single releases and because of all these random easily fixable bugs that keep popping up for no reason...
    --------------------
    I am so confused... I noticed that flag 967 no longer works... all this time those unaccessible areas in the early part of the game were accessible...
    EDIT 1 - FIXED. THERE WILL BE NO MORE INCONSISTENT FLAG PROBLEMS FROM NOW ON. I broke the 3.0 2.18 link for now so I can release a
    3.0 2.29 soon.

Last edited:

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • You have to update to the latest version... because you will be encountering bugs and posting it here when you are not even on the latest one. You get a another clean rom to patch the new update. And rename the game file to the save name as your save file. That is how you use a game save. I am doing these constant updates because the game is just too large now to make single releases and because of all these random easily fixable bugs that keep popping up for no reason...
    --------------------
    I am so confused... I noticed that flag 967 no longer works... all this time those unaccessible areas in the early part of the game were accessible...

Cool thanks!

By the way, your type chart looks good, refreshing at the very least :P I really like the new and the modified moves as well. Combine these two and you get a unique experience, even though you're playing a game series you've played many times before, which is awesome!

This might have been reported before, but anyway here we go
    At Route 53 District when you walk south from the guy with the derpfishe (lmao), there is a dead end with a female trainer. When I ran south so she would turn right and engage me to a fight, she engaged me a tile prior to her line of sight, which led to a game freeze.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2020
    Thanks for the reply! No i have not yet been to the dotte hole, but i dont have surf yet... the girl in powerstone is still being painted, doesnt want to give me surf yet.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • Cool thanks!

By the way, your type chart looks good, refreshing at the very least :P I really like the new and the modified moves as well. Combine these two and you get a unique experience, even though you're playing a game series you've played many times before, which is awesome!

This might have been reported before, but anyway here we go
    At Route 53 District when you walk south from the guy with the derpfishe (lmao), there is a dead end with a female trainer. When I ran south so she would turn right and engage me to a fight, she engaged me a tile prior to her line of sight, which led to a game freeze.
    Thanks! Since it is a new region with existing creatures, I wanted to make it feel new and refreshing in different ways.

That's interesting. I think I haven't had a problem when I tested it out before, but I'm going to on my new save I just made and see. That seems very weird though.
    Thanks for the reply! No i have not yet been to the dotte hole, but i dont have surf yet... the girl in powerstone is still being painted, doesnt want to give me surf yet.
    Did you do the other events regarding Oak and Dad in the Powerstone cave (which technicially the Powerstone entrance side to Dotte Hole).
    sorry... I mean side story.. Is there side story that were important?
    There's no real main side story once you beat Marshall John.
    --------------------
    Here's my first official stable release of RC 2 as support for it will be ending soon so I can work on RC 3. Hope this release goes well. The flag fiasco is finally fixed for good (99.999% good).

It's also nice to see people still downloading and playing RC 1 (for a different save file of course) probably to see how the game is progressing along the way. Since RC 1's release on May 29, 2015, there have been 6070 downloads. Thanks for the support guys.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2020

Did you do the other events regarding Oak and Dad in the Powerstone cave (which technicially the Powerstone entrance side to Dotte Hole).
    No, i have been in the cave but there dont seem to be any people in it, there is however an entrance in the back that i cant go through.

Last edited:

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years

• That's interesting. I think I haven't had a problem when I tested it out before, but I'm going to on my new save I just made and see. That seems very weird though.

If I remember correctly you suggested an emulator to play on, but I'm on my phone so I'm using MyBoy. That could be the reason but I don't know the first thing about hacking, so I can't tell what might be causing it.
    The second time I walked there instead of running, so she wouldn't turn towards me. I fought her normally, no other problems.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2016
    No, i have been in the cave but there dont seem to be any people in it, there is however an entrance in the back that i cant go through.

Did you battle Tizzle in luster forest? Because I had the same problem and it turned out I missed that battle and that's what fixed it for me.

Back