• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Iris in XYZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Do you guys think that we will see Iris come and support ash while he is in the kalos league since they haven't brought her back yet like they did with the other female characters? Or do you think that she will come and talk to the dragon type elite four and maybe ash will get a chance to battle her? Let me know what you guys think

Years
I don't think it's going to happen, especially considering the league is starting soon and then there's the Team Flare climax to wrap up, all of that having to be done in a short amount of time before the new generation begins. Since it's likely a Sun & Moon series will begin the week after the games are released, I just cannot see an Iris cameo happening because there's no reason to.

While it was fun seeing the previous-gen girl cameo, the fact that we now have a new team of writers means they are likely breaking that trend.

Years
I don't think it's going to happen, especially considering the league is starting soon and then there's the Team Flare climax to wrap up, all of that having to be done in a short amount of time before the new generation begins. Since it's likely a Sun & Moon series will begin the week after the games are released, I just cannot see an Iris cameo happening because there's no reason to.

While it was fun seeing the previous-gen girl cameo, the fact that we now have a new team of writers means they are likely breaking that trend.

Yea true it does makes sense since it will be a lot to do in a short amount of time

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I think it is too late at this point. Similar to the Malamar storyline which never finished, but that might still be linked to Team Flare.

If she was going to make a cameo, I think she would have by now. It is possible that they may try to bring back every character to make a cameo in SUn and Moon anime, with it going to be the 20th Ann of the anime. So that may be one reason she has not returned like the others.

For the most part, I think Iris was one of the less liked characters of all time in the pokemon anime.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I think it is too late at this point. Similar to the Malamar storyline which never finished, but that might still be linked to Team Flare.

If she was going to make a cameo, I think she would have by now. It is possible that they may try to bring back every character to make a cameo in SUn and Moon anime, with it going to be the 20th Ann of the anime. So that may be one reason she has not returned like the others.

For the most part, I think Iris was one of the less liked characters of all time in the pokemon anime.

In all fairness, Tracey and even Max got cameos despite their being less than popular characters.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Omg I completely forgot about the Malamaras episodes.. What was its point? LOLLL
Also, I will be SO MAD if Iris doesnt show up.

Years

Wow I forgot all about the malamars and true it would be cool if they did that for the 20th anniversary

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
We're closing in on the Alola series, so it's too late to bring in Iris for a couple of episodes, unless they somehow shoehorn her in on the final Team Flare episodes due to her association with Dragons.

I thought the Malamar subplot was already concluded after their plot was foiled a second time?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
We're closing in on the Alola series, so it's too late to bring in Iris for a couple of episodes, unless they somehow shoehorn her in on the final Team Flare episodes due to her association with Dragons.

I thought the Malamar subplot was already concluded after their plot was foiled a second time?

The Malamar said something like "We head to the future where the world will already we will take it over." They zapped themselves into the future where they said their plans would succeed.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017

Well to be honest Dawn wasn't that popular in the Pokemon anime either, but it didn't stop them from bringing her back for Unova. But now that Kalos is being rush for the Pokemon League i don't think they will have enough time to give Iris a cameo, maybe Iris will make a cameo appearance in the Alola region anime.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Well to be honest Dawn wasn't that popular in the Pokemon anime either, but it didn't stop them from bringing her back for Unova. But now that Kalos is being rush for the Pokemon League i don't think they will have enough time to give Iris a cameo, maybe Iris will make a cameo appearance in the Alola region anime.

If I am not mistaking, Dawn was the most popular in Japan by a long shot.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Having Iris' cameo moved for the Alola region would kinda make sense, since she looks more like a Pacific Islander than an African American, but it'll also disrupt any attempt for Serena to make her cameo in Alola, since the pattern is that Pokegirl makes cameos on a gen after the end of their time in the anime.

Only to be contested by Serena, nonetheless.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017

To be honest, we don't have a way of telling if Dawn was the most popular female character in Japan, and i highly doubt that she was.

I can see Iris making a cameo in the Alola region, it does seem like a place Iris would visit.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
To be honest, we don't have a way of telling if Dawn was the most popular female character in Japan, and i highly doubt that she was.

I can see Iris making a cameo in the Alola region, it does seem like a place Iris would visit.

She was. A lot of people liked Piplup as well. That was said many times and why she returned for so long in one season. The reason she was well liked was because she had a lot of character dev. And I am doubting Iris will come to Alola. There is no reason for her to and to me, it just doesn't make sense.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Well everyone does have different opinions on how they felt about Dawn. She was design really well but to me she didn't seem to really have much personality and her Piplup was annoying in DP as far as i remember.

Is possible Iris might get a cameo in Alola anime but i doubt it. Now that they have new writer's they may drop the cameo girl revisit.

Years
Is possible Iris might get a cameo in Alola anime but i doubt it. Now that they have new writer's they may drop the cameo girl revisit.

This is what I likely suspect since these new writers have been breaking a lot of trends in X/Y such as Ash not catching any Grass-types and also evolving his Water-type starter for the first time. Given the fact we're now in the middle of the Kalos League and nearly at the Team Flare climax it's safe to assume the "previous gen girl cameo" trend has been broken as well.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
This is what I likely suspect since these new writers have been breaking a lot of trends in X/Y such as Ash not catching any Grass-types and also evolving his Water-type starter for the first time. Given the fact we're now in the middle of the Kalos League and nearly at the Team Flare climax it's safe to assume the "previous gen girl cameo" trend has been broken as well.

Maybe, but then again, the new writers were also the ones who had Iris leave after Best Wishes, so we can't be too sure about that.

The cutting of the previous gen girl cameo trend may result in old characters actually returning for more than a bit cameo, though. It does seem somewhat suspect that they're releasing Misty figurines (Anime Misty, I should be more specific) despite it not even being the 20th anniversary of the anime yet. Not to mention Brock possibly returning.

Still, I wouldn't say we're out of the woods just yet, though. We've got a long way 'til November, let's wait until the penultimate episode of the series before we declare it safe to assume such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back