• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Iris in XYZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Yah, every things going on I'm not seeing a cameo any time soon. They can't give her one in the next region cuz if Serena leaves than they'll have issues. Too many random cameos, I thought they did an awful job with Dawn's cameo in Best Wishes, look at May and Misty's cameos.

I hope if Serena leaves they do a much better job.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Yah, every things going on I'm not seeing a cameo any time soon. They can't give her one in the next region cuz if Serena leaves than they'll have issues. Too many random cameos, I thought they did an awful job with Dawn's cameo in Best Wishes, look at May and Misty's cameos.

I hope if Serena leaves they do a much better job.

At least Misty and May's cameos actually DID have direct relation to the overall plot (aside from the fact that Misty was one of Ash's oldest friends, she also had to release Togepi, or rather, Togetic, and as for May, her presence actually got Dawn out of her rut), not to mention did not interfere with their goals at all (May's self-explanatory, and as far as Misty, her arriving in Hoenn had more chances of her actually pursuing her goal than what she's currently doing in Cerulean Gym). Dawn had neither (not only was she really not needed for Unova at all, it doesn't even have contests in the region, which only reinforced just how pointless the appearance was).

EDIT: Also, regarding Piplup's popularity, according to TVTropes, apparently Piplup's not all that popular (as they put it, it's about as hated as Misty's Togepi for the exact opposite reasons), and since they didn't mention a distinction between whether it was in the English version or the Japanese version, it's likely that it was in both versions (Manaphy, for example, specified that most of its hate was more in the Western Kids than with Japan or even Western Adults who at least tolerate him). That being said, Piplup IS mentioned in Americans Hate Tingle.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Misty cameo made sense because it played a very important part to the overall plot ( besides the fact she was Ash's first female traveling companion). May cameo didn't add much to the plot and all she did was help Dawn out of her rut which Dawn herself should have been doing. Dawn cameo was really pointless and overrush and i'm glad she won't be coming back since she wasn't that popular. Iris didn't get a cameo for the Kalos saga and it might be due to the new writers, i think they might have stop the female cameos guest visits since Dawn's was poorly handled.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back