• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sun & Moon demo coming soon?

Years
Interesting development here, guys.

According to Serebii, it appears the Korean Rating Board has put out a new rating for a piece of software that is the Pokemon Sun & Moon Special Trial Version. It's not known at this point on when this will be officially released or if it will have anything connected to the main game. Serebii will be putting full details at a later point on this developing news.

Verlisify also covered this discovery in a video he just uploaded:

According to him, the OR/AS demo was released around a month before the games came out (demo came out October 15th 2014, while OR/AS came out November 21st 2014) so I think we could expect this demo to come out a month before release. The question will be if dataminers can somehow hack into the coding and leak a ton of info, like what happened after the OR/AS demo came out.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
I really really hope people can't datamine this demo, because I don't want to be spoiled on the new games. A new demo would be great though, give us a taste of the game and then potentially a new Pokemon. Do you think we'll get a Z-Crystal from this like how we got a Mega Stone from ORAS? Perhaps a Pokemon exclusive Crystal?

blue

gucci
Years
Hopefully this gets an international release in a similar fashion to the ORAS demo. It will be interesting to see how they tackle the encryption for this demo after the breach of ORAS, but I still wouldn't be surprised if hackers managed to pull something from it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Nintendo consoles and games are usually really easy to hack compared to other consoles. Just look at the VIta/PSTV/PS4 where it's hard to even get an homebrew on it. Meanwhile the 3DS/Wii U/Wii got datamined easily and got an homebrew quite fast.

Years
Of course, I'm expecting people to attempt to datamine anyway, because there's fun and excitement in leaking information out to people who want to know that information, and then it spreads, and spreads to the rest of the internet. u_u Fully expecting some sort of full Pokedex leak come October, assuming the demo is out then.

The Pokedex is definitely what I'm expecting the dataminers to target first since I bet a lot of people who pay attention to leaks want to know. Maybe they'll also try and leak all the Z-Crystals' names, like how the OR/AS dataminers confirmed no new Megas other than the ones revealed before release, and that was because they shared a list of all the new Mega Stones' names. Leaking all the Z-Crystals will also give us an idea over which Pokemon get specific Z-Moves, like what we had with Raichu and Snorlax.

As for how I feel the demo will be released, I hope it's an actual simultaneous worldwide release because the OR/AS came out much later for the US compared to other countries.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Was everything about ORAS datamined from the demo? I guess it never seemed like such a big deal at the time since it was just a remake and we pretty much know most of it already.

I prefer the idea of new Pokemon leaking as people get and start playing their copies, just datamining it seems kinda boring and anticlimactic. Also it wouldn't really hype me as much if it was a whole month before release as opposed to just a few days.

blue

gucci
Years
Was everything about ORAS datamined from the demo? I guess it never seemed like such a big deal at the time since it was just a remake and we pretty much know most of it already.

I prefer the idea of new Pokemon leaking as people get and start playing their copies, just datamining it seems kinda boring and anticlimactic. Also it wouldn't really hype me as much if it was a whole month before release as opposed to just a few days.

I think it was the remaining Mega Evolutions, Gym Leader & Trainer rosters, and then some other tidbits.

Years
Another question for you guys - do you think the S/M demo could have a special item that could be transferred to the main games?

Reason I'm asking is because the OR/AS demo had a Glalie and Glalitite Mega Stone that you were able to transfer to your main OR/AS game (Japan had Steelix instead) with no limitations. My likely guess is a Z-Crystal since it appears to be the main mechanic of the generation and it would encourage some to try out the demo if it grants them a bonus they can add to their game once they get it.

I think it was the remaining Mega Evolutions, Gym Leader & Trainer rosters, and then some other tidbits.

If I recall reading their Pastebin document, they also leaked the adjusted level-up movesets of some Pokemon.

Years
Yes this is gonna be so good, I expect it will be a global release and it will be a great chance for everyone to experience Sun and Moon. I really hope there's a special item that comes with the demo that can be transferred to the full game, maybe a special Z-move crystal thing? Cause that would be really cool.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Do you think the demo will reveal any new Pokemon? (I mean outside of data mining)

ORAS isn't really a good example since there wasn't really the potential for new Pokemon. Were Mega Glalie and Steelix known about before they appeared in the demo?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Of course, I'm expecting people to attempt to datamine anyway, because there's fun and excitement in leaking information out to people who want to know that information, and then it spreads, and spreads to the rest of the internet. u_u Fully expecting some sort of full Pokedex leak come October, assuming the demo is out then.

I'm the opposite; I definitely want people to datamine the games haha. I want to know all the new Pokemon, mostly, I don't really care for knowing the story before I play the game.

Ok for real I just want to have the starter confirmed and I'm too impatient :x

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Huh, I guess the rumors of people getting emails about an upcoming demo is true.

Either way, I'm excited! Hope they can't datamine it though and that we get some nice news from the demo itself.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
I'm excited about the demo but at the same time I feel insecure... I wouldn't really want people datamining the demo, since it takes away the excitement of discovering (either from new trailers or from actual gameplay) new mechanics, Pokémon, Z-moves,etc ....

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Huh, I guess the rumors of people getting emails about an upcoming demo is true.

Either way, I'm excited! Hope they can't datamine it though and that we get some nice news from the demo itself.

I definitely hope that they learned their lesson after OrAs demo, and had the Demo made prior to adding the other stuff to the game, or made sure to strip away info from the demo this time...

Reactions: Z25
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I'm excited about the demo but at the same time I feel insecure... I wouldn't really want people datamining the demo, since it takes away the excitement of discovering (either from new trailers or from actual gameplay) new mechanics, Pokémon, Z-moves,etc ....

I feel like we should make our peace with the fact that it's going to be datamined. People will do it even if they're told/asked not to. It's going to happen 100%.

The only defence is if Game Freak doesn't include everything in the demo.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
Surely GF learned their mistake after ORAS and won't leave a bunch of spoilery data in the demo, right?

Right?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 16, 2017
When the demo comes out, I'm most likely going to unsub to all of the Poketubers and going to avoid this subsection of the forums, so I won't see the leaks from the dataminers.

Back