• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sun & Moon demo coming soon?

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    FxVaAhc.gif

good one.
    Let me dream! D:

Game Freak will put purposefully wrong info in the demo to trick the dataminers.

Every NPC will be ORAS Wallace. Just you wait, it will totally happen.
    Nah, every file will just be named "lol, no info for you". :P

Karous

Captain Obvious
    Years
  • Based on what was on the ORAS demo, I have a feeling that the rest of the new Pokemon, Alolan forms, and Z moves are inevitably going to be datamined. What we're unlikely to get is the contents of the storyline, like what the plot is or a map of Alola or what all the rider Pokemon are. I think the former is what most people are interested in, but I think people are exaggerating about how a datamine is going to ruin the experience or something. Besides the new Pokemon, nothing about the actual gameplay experience is going to be spoiled so you can still enjoy the game.

We forget that simultaneous international releases are a relatively recent thing. Everything before XY was a torturous several months between the JP and international releases where we not only had spoilers, but were unable to play the game unless you imported. Don't lie, some of you went onto Serebii once you got your copies of XY (or even a previous game) to check out what kinds of Pokemon you'd want to use for your in-game team before "discovering" them in the game. Datamined spoilers are no big deal.

Last edited:

Karous

Captain Obvious
    Years
  • I definitely agree, that's what I meant. We'll get the dex and probably Z moves as well since I find it really unlikely that a SuMo demo wouldn't include a demonstration of them.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • There could potentially be story spoilers, like say if there's a bigger Team Skull admin than Guzma, the trainer data would exist and then we would know, and if Lillie has a secret battling identity then we could know too, if there's a character like "Champion/Team Skull Admin/Boss Lillie".

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • I think it was the remaining Mega Evolutions, Gym Leader & Trainer rosters, and then some other tidbits.

Actually all the mega evolutions had already been revealed before the demo came out. All the demo data mine confirmed was that there would be no more new megas.

But I do hope the game doesn't get data mined. ORAS was fine since it was a remake but I'd rather not have it happen with S&M. Obviously I could just avoid spoilers but wat is self control????

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Personally I'm excited if the special demo for Sun and Moon will eventually come out, and I hope it's released internationally, to keep on the hype of Sun and Moon coming. I'm wondering if a special Z-Crystal will also be included in the demo for anyone who happened to play it, probably tied to a certain Pokémon.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    If the demo gets datamined, are we going to get images of the new Pokemon or just names and other details about them?

Also when the datamine occurs will there be a thread only for new Pokemon or will it be in one big mega thread?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    ehhhhh I'm personally thinking it'll make sense in a mega thread? we can keep the discussion flowing in that thread and it'll be updated as more leaks surface. probably would make sense for daily purposes, as well, but im also not 100% sure on that. will get back to you once im more certian, though.

My problem with that is I'd only really be interested in the new Pokemon and what they look like. (and some info like what their types are) I'm probably not the only person who feels that way.

I don't really want to enter a thread that's going to be talking openly about plot or leaked trial captains or anything like that.

I guess if it's all in spoiler tags it wouldn't be so bad though, so people could still pick and choose what to look at?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It just depends on how much data gets leaked from this demo which we won't know about until it actually surfaces. There is still a lot of information about these games kept under wraps, it could potentially be a huge data mine if pretty much everything contained can be breached from it.

I think it would be wise having two separate threads just because there would be soo much to talk about if everything does get pulled. I can imagine there would be people who will want to see the storyline details but save themselves from spoiling the Pokedex list and vice versa.

Years
  • At least the demo should come out about a month before release, that way we won't know everything that is leaked for ages and just be sitting around for a few months knowing most of the information that gets released to us officially. I expect to get the Pokedex, and perhaps some new features and items that will provide some interesting speculation in the build up to release.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I'm pretty stoked to get my hands on the Sun and Moon Demo. I actually never played the OR/AS demo (because I didn't follow the game during it's pre-release), but from what I heard about the exclusivity of a special item and transference over to the actual game, makes me even more interested in checking out the demo when it is released.

As for the "Data Mining", I don't really want to be spoiled on anything except for what the official TPC reveals have given us, so that means if the demo is data mined and the whole game is revealed or even just some important pieces that give away too much information, then I personally will go way out of my way to avoid and ignore any leaks.
    I'm not going to blame leakers, hackers or even TPC for the spoiling of the games information. No matter what happens, these games will be hacked in one way or another, and information will be leaked. If I want to truly enjoy the mystery of playing these new games, then it's up to me to have the self control to actively avoid or ignore any leaks or reveals. Honestly my plan when Su/Mo is released I'm planning to actively stay away from most of the pokemon websites I go on to as well as I will purposely be avoiding the Su/Mo board and a few other of the boards on here.

I can't stop the leaks, but I can definitely prevent them from ruining my own game experience, just need to have a little bit of will power.

Back