• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Chain Fishing

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Got a chain of around 40-50 before I got a nothing seems to be biting message. I'll keep trying but I'm not feeling too lucky right now.

Edit: Another chain of 81 with nothing to show for it except some dive balls.

Last edited:

Red Viper

Pokémon Collector
    Years
  • Before this topic, i never knew about chain fishing, so thanks for that. I just caught a shiny Clamperl, within 30 tries I think.

Years
  • Gah, tried last night for about 2 chains of 20-30ish (I was tired) and nothing, might try later once I feel up to it.

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
    Years
  • forgot to mention that i found a shiny Clauncher less than 30 mins after Qwilfish. gonna go on Y and try for Skrelp. and I dunno if anybody else noticed but there seems to be single sparkling spots on the sea and thats where I've went to catch mine

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I try to go to a secluded area of water like the fishing guy suggests, not sure whether or not that helps. And it's strange, I net 3 shinies in a 60 chain, 0 in a 120 chain.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • After getting my shiny Basculin last night (I caught the second one after killing the first), I decided to chain in Shalour City. I probably chained 40 last night before going to bed, so I left it in sleep mode. Fished three more times this morning and got a Shiny Alomomola!

Years
  • What rods are you using? I know theres no difference, but do you guys think its easy to chain lower levels than higher levels? Cause the rods are directly related to the lvl of fish you catch.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    This is weird guys.

I was fishing in the town north of route 8, but my attraction rates were bad, so I started fishing in route 8 to try and look for Inkay (now I know it is actually in grass). I got 4 misses in a row, and then on my first encounter... Shiny Shelder!

So this means that not attracting a pokemon does not break the streak... or I had a very lucky coincidence.

Years
  • Lucky coincidence or you got the fishing lure in a closed in area and got lucky that way too. Chaining and random appearances are different as far as I know.

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
    Years
  • I just mix and match between good and super. it works easily with both for me. just got my 10th unique shiny an Alomomola

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I just tried this today and got to a chain of 21 and found a shiny relicanth! I named it ancient relic.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    If you catch a pokemon does the chain break?

I've been fishing for about an hour and a new pokemon appeared. I figure its rare...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I can't imagine that it would, what Pokemon was it?

A huntail.

I want to catch it now rather than having to trade evolve a clamperl.

Edit: Just caught a shiny Corsola. I was starting to lose hope.

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I caught a shiny Horsea.

Spoiler:

155 tries on the same small spot is a bit... tiring.

You can't move from the spot you're fishing, and cannot even get on skates/bikes. At least you can run away from unwanted Pokémon, eh?

Back