• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Chain Fishing

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I have tried fish chaining and haven't found any shinies but you are all finding heaps. What breaks your chain a part from moving to a another spot and not getting a bite?
    You may not be doing anything wrong, it's not a guaranteed shiny, so patience I guess is all you can try now.

wheres the best place to find a horsea
    Cyllage or Ambrette I think w/Good Rod.

Years
  • So I figured out where this idea came from (sorry if someone mentioned this already). The one fishing house, although I can't remember where, has a fisherman that tells your player that if you land consecutive reels, rare Pokemon will appear. Guess someone saw that and tested it out.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Just caught a shiny remoraid in shalour city after a chain of around 30.

I think it must be true that fishing on spots surrounded by rocks makes shinies more likely to appear. There's a spot at the left of the entrance to the tower that's surrounded by three rocks. That's where I was chaining.

Naxus_Darkstar

Team Warlock!!!!
    Years
  • I'm in class, so I haven't had an opportunity to test this out. I'm excited to try later today, but does anyone know if there's some sort of comprehensive list of obtainable 'fishable' Pokémon? I'd like to have some idea of a target.

Last edited:

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
    Years
  • I think it must be true that fishing on spots surrounded by rocks makes shinies more likely to appear. There's a spot at the left of the entrance to the tower that's surrounded by three rocks. That's where I was chaining.
    I dunno if the rock theory is right or not but I always cast my rod so it lands in the parts that sparkle and it never takes me more than 30 to catch one or two

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'm in class, so I haven't had an opportunity to test this out. I'm excited to try later today, but does anyone know if there's some sort of comprehensive list of obtainable 'fishable' Pokémon? I'd like to have some idea of a target.
    Top of my head...
    -Magikarp
    -Remoraid
    -Poliwag
    -Basculin
    -Luvdisc
    -Poliwhirl
    -Octillery
    -Gyarados
    -Corsola
    -Relicanth
    -Horsea
    -Seadra (?)
    -Shellder (Y exclusive)
    -Staryu (X exclusive)
    -Skrelp (Y exclusive)
    -Dragalge (Y exclusive)
    -Clauncher (X exclusive)
    -Clawitzer (X eclusive)
    -Goldeen (?)
    -Seaking
    -Carvanha
    -Wailmer
    -Clamperl
    -Gorebyss
    -Huntail

Naxus_Darkstar

Team Warlock!!!!
    Years
  • Top of my head...
    -Magikarp
    -Remoraid
    -Poliwag
    -Basculin
    -Luvdisc
    -Poliwhirl
    -Octillery
    -Gyarados
    -Corsola
    -Relicanth
    -Horsea
    -Seadra (?)
    -Shellder (Y exclusive)
    -Staryu (X exclusive)
    -Skrelp (Y exclusive)
    -Dragalge (Y exclusive)
    -Clauncher (X exclusive)
    -Clawitzer (X eclusive)
    -Goldeen (?)
    -Seaking
    -Carvanha
    -Wailmer
    -Clamperl
    -Gorebyss
    -Huntail

That's great! thank you very much, I'm probably going to go for a Clauncher, results to come.

Years
  • Chain of 83, chain of 64, chain of 46, and a few chains around or under 20. Not a single shiny. I am getting sad now.
    Anyone find that using a certain rod is better or worse? Cause I have only used super rod and I always get bad luck...

Years
  • Chain of 83, chain of 64, chain of 46, and a few chains around or under 20. Not a single shiny. I am getting sad now.
    Anyone find that using a certain rod is better or worse? Cause I have only used super rod and I always get bad luck...

I've mainly been using a Good Rod, although it should work with all of them. I don't know if one has a better chance than the others.

Top of my head...
    -Magikarp
    -Remoraid
    -Poliwag
    -Basculin
    -Luvdisc
    -Poliwhirl
    -Octillery
    -Gyarados
    -Corsola
    -Relicanth
    -Horsea
    -Seadra (?)
    -Shellder (Y exclusive)
    -Staryu (X exclusive)
    -Skrelp (Y exclusive)
    -Dragalge (Y exclusive)
    -Clauncher (X exclusive)
    -Clawitzer (X eclusive)
    -Goldeen (?)
    -Seaking
    -Carvanha
    -Wailmer
    -Clamperl
    -Gorebyss
    -Huntail

You can catch a Goldeen on 22.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Chain of 83, chain of 64, chain of 46, and a few chains around or under 20. Not a single shiny. I am getting sad now.
    Got a Shiny Magikarp pretty quickly out of Old Rod. Try that?

Years
  • In one chain of indeterminate length, I caught a two shiny Relicanth, a Clauncher, and a Luvdisc. Also, Seadra is confirmed to be fishable.
    If you think its your longest chain yet, go to the fishing shack on R15 (I cant remember and don't have the game up atm) and talk to the guy in the back of the shack, he will tell you your longest streak and give you some dive balls which are nice for catching shinies (As I can see you can actually find them unlike me xD )

I guess as soon as I get some homework done I will try the good rod and see if that raises my chances at all. Thanks for the replies guys! {XD}

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    does anyone know any god fishing spots? cuz im tired of fishing in the same one over and over again.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I dunno if the rock theory is right or not but I always cast my rod so it lands in the parts that sparkle and it never takes me more than 30 to catch one or two

I tried that on my first attempt. Must have chained to about 50 before I couldn't get a bite.

Back