• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • The one guest that's looking at this thread is wondering what the frell is going on. XDXDXD

Drugs.

To the guest, more than you know is going on. You just can't see me right now...

What? I'm just eating cake. :/ What were you thinking?

Edit:
    Jaxxxy x Oni x Scythey x Asty x Phany x Thesis and his many blasphemic names x Alter ego x The stupid Gummy bear x this random silver person x Baybaybaybaybaybay x Turtleking x Lashy (ogod) x mewthree(random fandom!) x Saff x Sike x Jaxxy (owait, already said him xD) x bobandbill (mirror b!!) x DP479 x this luphinid person x DP-Chan x fanfiction x Guest

Now it's a party.

-dance-

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Jaxxxy x Oni x Scythey x Asty x Phany x Thesis and his many blasphemic names x Alter ego x The stupid Gummy bear x this random silver person x Baybaybaybaybaybay x Turtleking x Lashy (ogod) x mewthree(random fandom!) x Saff x Sike x Jaxxy (owait, already said him xD) x bobandbill (mirror b!!) x DP479 x this luphinid person x DP-Chan x fanfiction x Guest
    When did this get added!?!?

And in a desperate attempt to stay on topic:

Have ever written/read and enjoyed a fic in script format?

Bay

Years
  • Oh man, the room is gonna cost us...XD

And Gummy, Scythteen is just a gummy bear hater. (nods)

I've written one fic in script format but it's a contest challenge of sorts in another forum and I got second place in it. ^^ Basically I have to interview a few members on that forum and I'll say the answers they gave me are funny. XD And also, I've written a couple real scripts back when I before wanted to be a script writer. XD

Also, I've read fics in script format and the only one I've enjoyed a lot is Divinty's "Breaking the Fourth Wall." Really love the real life and Pokemon references he put in there. ^^

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Have ever written/read and enjoyed a fic in script format?

I used to do this a lot when I first started back around 2000. Even wrote a fanfiction where a bunch of Pokemon characters did an episode of Whose Line Is It Anyway?, and a number of my parodies after that were in the script format. After FFNet banned the format from the site a couple years later, I switched to pure prose.

For that reason, I haven't actually been able to find enough script-format fics in recent years, particularly ones that were actually done well. The problem is more of a nitpick, mainly. Not only do script-formatted fics tend to completely suspend all or most rules of English grammar (and often logic), but also, when fanfiction authors attempt to do script-formatting, they tend to not actually know what should be put into writing a script to begin with. So, you just get massive amounts of dialogue with no one actually doing much of anything because there's no stage directions (and if there are, they're not actually properly formatted and tend to look like actions one might write if they were in a chatroom). For that reason (and the part about English grammar), I just haven't been able to sit down and actually enjoy a script fic. There are a few that are okay (such as one by Strawberry Delcatty), but nothing really made me want to go back and reread it the way stories in the standard format for fiction tend to do.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Jaxxxy x Oni x Scythey x Asty x Phany x Thesis and his many blasphemic names x Alter ego x The stupid Gummy bear x this random silver person x Baybaybaybaybaybay x Turtleking x Lashy (ogod) x mewthree(random fandom!) x Saff x Sike x Jaxxy (owait, already said him xD) x bobandbill (mirror b!!) x DP479 x this luphinid person x DP-Chan!

Hanako Tabris Astinus, can I have permission to write a parody one-shot on that list?

No.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    Oni san, you have permission to write this as long as you include x fanfiction and x Guest.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • That's right - you can't do me without Miror B XD.

Well, I've written some scripts before a long time ago, although it was based in the real world (more or less) with my own created characters. Nothing to do with Pokemon or anything. The first 'series' that I did for a few episodes (more than 5 or so) were based on two dumb characters, called Bob and Bill. Hence my username.

Haven't really read any fanfiction works in script form that were good as they usually were badly done, abandoned before long and sometimes not that funny...
    EDIT - execpt for Divinity's fic 'Breaking the Fourth Wall.' Although I haven't seen any scripts which are good that aren't in that fashion...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Jax said:
    Do we? ;D
    For the mirrors, snugglemuffin. ;3

*whistles as she goes off to "check" something she previously didn't have*
    I finally have that picture of the somewhat-hilarious-if-you're-immature thing I found in work. Just need to upload it from camera to computer.

No and no. I've read fics, but I didn't enjoy them.

Even wrote a fanfiction where a bunch of Pokemon characters did an episode of Whose Line Is It Anyway?
    Who, pretell, was Brad?

Hanako Tabris Astinus, can I have permission to write a parody one-shot on that list?
    Since you called me by my unsmexy old name...no. ;______; Unless you meant:

Jaxxxy x Oni x Scythey x Asty x Phany x Thesis and his many blasphemic names x Alter ego x The stupid Gummy bear x this random silver person x Baybaybaybaybaybay x Turtleking x Lashy (ogod) x mewthree(random fandom!) x Saff x Sike x Jaxxy (owait, already said him xD) x bobandbill (mirror b!!) x DP479 x this luphinid person x DP-Chan x fanfiction x Guest x parody one-shot

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • For the mirrors, snugglemuffin. ;3

So we attach them to the ceiling. Problem solved?

I finally have that picture of the somewhat-hilarious-if-you're-immature thing I found in work. Just need to upload it from camera to computer.

Woohoo! Can't wait to see it. XD

Who, pretell, was Brad?

Hmm. I don't think I ever actually specified. It might've been Tracey, although I think he was serving as Colin Mochrie too. Brock was either Colin or Ryan, Misty was Cathy, Ash was naturally Drew, and I don't remember who I threw in for the last member. It was either Richie or James.

...Wow, this brings back memories.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    I don't keep track of you people. This is all I know

Jaxxxy (three x') x Oni x Scythey x Asty x Phany x Thesis and his many blasphemic names x Alter ego x The stupid Gummy bear x this random silver person x Baybaybaybaybaybay x Turtleking x Lashy (ogod) x mewthree(random fandom!) x Saff x Sike x Jaxxy (owait, already said him xD) x bobandbill (mirror b!!) x DP479 x this luphinid person x DP-Chan x fanfiction x Guest x parody one-shot x Andy x Angel

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I don't keep track of you people. This is all I know

Jaxxxy (three x') x Oni x Scythey x Asty x Phany x Thesis and his many blasphemic names x Alter ego x The stupid Gummy bear x this random silver person x Baybaybaybaybaybay x Turtleking x Lashy (ogod) x mewthree(random fandom!) x Saff x Sike x Jaxxy (owait, already said him xD) x bobandbill (mirror b!!) x DP479 x this luphinid person x DP-Chan x fanfiction x Guest x parody one-shot x Andy x Angel
    D= No! No no no! No Andy and Angel! I like watching them. I don't want to be a part of my favorite source of entertainment. I have to fix that!

Jaxxxy (three x') x Oni x Scythey x Asty x Phany x Thesis and his many blasphemic names x Alter ego x The stupid Gummy bear x this random silver person x Baybaybaybaybaybay x Turtleking x Lashy (ogod) x mewthree(random fandom!) x Saff x Sike x Jaxxy (owait, already said him xD) x bobandbill (mirror b!!) x DP479 x this luphinid person x DP-Chan x fanfiction x Guest x parody one-shot x John Paul

=( Is it wrong to be attracted to pixels on my computer screen?

Jax said:
    So we attach them to the ceiling. Problem solved?
    But...but...the walls and the ceiling! I want to see it everywhere!

I was going to mention the food that I bought tonight at work, but that would definitely be crossing the line of good taste (which I already crossed).

Woohoo! Can't wait to see it. XD
    I also have a picture of cheese curls with a hilarious brand name.

Hmm. I don't think I ever actually specified. It might've been Tracey, although I think he was serving as Colin Mochrie too. Brock was either Colin or Ryan, Misty was Cathy, Ash was naturally Drew, and I don't remember who I threw in for the last member. It was either Richie or James.
    But...Wayne! D: Who was Wayne? Brock would be the only one remotely close. o.o

ZOMG. We're not being srs in this Lounge. D:

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    Yamato-san shall shun us now for being unsrs in this lounge.

B-b-b-but, I wantith Andy and Angel.

I'm putting them back in

Jaxxxy (three x') x Oni x Scythey x Asty x Phany x Thesis and his many blasphemic names x Alter ego x The stupid Gummy bear x this random silver person x Baybaybaybaybaybay x Turtleking x Lashy (ogod) x mewthree(random fandom!) x Saff x Sike x Jaxxy (owait, already said him xD) x bobandbill (mirror b!!) x DP479 x this luphinid person x DP-Chan x fanfiction x Guest x parody one-shot x John Paul x Andy x Angel

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • I don't keep track of you people. This is all I know

Alright, I leave for a day and you're already getting me angry. I've had three different usernames, the second of which was just the same thing everyone had been calling me up till that point anyway plus one letter, and you're already saying that I have "many blasphemous names"? Now that's just cruel.

So, that entire list is Loungeshipping? Any particular reason that I'm right next to AE despite the fact that we're both guys, and I'm not homosexual? XD

Er... FANFICS ARE TEH COOLZORZ! *shot'ed*

Have you ever read and enjoyed a fic written in script format?

I tried reading Yamato's fanfic in the archives, which is script-format and intended to be transferred to a visual media, but I kind of lost interest after the first page and went back to reading "The Ties That Bind" for the eighth time. Every other script-fic I've read has been a pitiful attempt by some n00b to get out of writing with actual grammar and description of events. Actually, I once wrote my own "script", complete with directions, intended to be a parody of Pokemon, but I abandoned the project halfway through the first chapter.

What are your thoughts on "muses"? Have you ever used/seen them used? Up to what point are they acceptable?

Alright, for those who don't know, "Muses" are characters that the author of a fanfic "converses" with at the beginning and end of each chapter, usually in script format, before the chapter starts. Their use tends to make the fic seem "episodic", in that each chapter seems to be another "episode" in the overall "series". As for my thoughts on them, they get annoying if the conversations go on too long/aren't really adding anything, but I did read one fic where the use of the "muse" genuinely made me laugh- in this case, the "muse" was constantly warning the general public that the chapter was horrible, as well as the whole fic in general, and should not be read, before getting shouted down by the author. She managed to strike a balance between "comic relief" and "annoying lead in/taking up too much space" and the fic was written in such a way that it didn't matter if the conversations made each chapter seem like a different "episode", without resorting to the use of converted visual gags. Other than that one time, I really didn't like their use because it seemed unnecessary and really added nothing to the story.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    Erm, I don't even know the meaning of blasphemy, so for as far as I'm concerned I'm saying all yours names are pretty little flowers girls, and if it offended you, sorry, I guess. Annnnd, the list is in no particular order. So you being next to AE means nothing.

Have you ever read and enjoyed a fic written in script format?

I hate script format, but it is easier reading it.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Yamato-san shall shun us now for being unsrs in this lounge.

B-b-b-but, I wantith Andy and Angel.

I'm putting them back in

Jaxxxy (three x') x Oni x Scythey x Asty x Phany x Thesis and his many blasphemic names x Alter ego x The stupid Gummy bear x this random silver person x Baybaybaybaybaybay x Turtleking x Lashy (ogod) x mewthree(random fandom!) x Saff x Sike x Jaxxy (owait, already said him xD) x bobandbill (mirror b!!) x DP479 x this luphinid person x DP-Chan x fanfiction x Guest x parody one-shot x John Paul x Andy x Angel
    They are being taken back out because I don't think you want some guy who murdered an few people in our ship. And Angel's all monogamous.

Alright, I leave for a day and you're already getting me angry. I've had three different usernames, the second of which was just the same thing everyone had been calling me up till that point anyway plus one letter, and you're already saying that I have "many blasphemous names"? Now that's just cruel.
    Thesis-kun! *glomps* Are you just being facetious here, or are you all "rawr" and stuff for reals?

So, that entire list is Loungeshipping? Any particular reason that I'm right next to AE despite the fact that we're both guys, and I'm not homosexual? XD
    Drunken alphabetical order.

What are your thoughts on "muses"? Have you ever used/seen them used? Up to what point are they acceptable?
    I have a muse. But not in the traditional fangirl-sense of the word. That means that I don't have conversations with him before/after the chapter. What I use my muse for is for conversations while writing. Like if I need to work something out, I just turn to him and talk, and things work out.

I dunno. It's kind of hard for me to explain. This "muse" of mine helped me get through some serious stuff a few years ago, and... *shrug* I dunno. I'll just say that he works for me, and leave it at that.

Sike_Saner

*aromatisse noise*
    Years
  • I also have a picture of cheese curls with a hilarious brand name.

...This intrigues me. o.o

I've never written any fics in script format. I have read some, however, and I did enjoy them.

I'm almost positive that I've seen those used somewhere before, but I can't remember where. I'm fine with the notion of them for the most part, although I would worry a bit if the muse sections were way in the heck longer than the actual chapter. O.o

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • But...but...the walls and the ceiling! I want to see it everywhere!

Well, okay, we'll attach them to the walls too. Shouldn't take up too much space, really. Although if we break one, we're kinda screwed. Do you think we can get the same effect if we just wallpaper the room with aluminum foil?

I was going to mention the food that I bought tonight at work, but that would definitely be crossing the line of good taste (which I already crossed).

Oh, well, now you have to mention it. XD

I also have a picture of cheese curls with a hilarious brand name.

Which is? XD

But...Wayne! D: Who was Wayne? Brock would be the only one remotely close. o.o

Wayne can only be Wayne, partly because he's that sexy and partly because there's no black people in the Pokemon world, apparently.

Except for that one chick in the educational PC game, but she doesn't count.

By that definition, I do agree that they're annoying and unnecessary most of the time, particularly if the arguments eventually break down into a cry of "please review us, or we'll stop writing" or otherwise either take up half the fic, takes characters featured in the fic/canon out of character, or is just generally badly written. I can tolerate it, however, just as long as I'm free to skip over it.

However, I hate it when muses leak into reviews (which has happened to me a few times on FFNet). The reason why is because when I look for reviews, I tend to want constructive criticism or actual feedback, even just a line that honestly tells me what I did wrong or right. When people let their muses review, it's like they go incredibly off topic in a bad attempt to make me laugh by having their muses react to the writing and then argue with each other. I'm sorry, but I just find that to be annoying and unhelpful.

As for whether or not I have muses, I do, but it's pretty much in the same sense as Astinus. I don't talk to my muse in reviews or at the beginning or end of my fics. I just do it when I'm hitting a block. Alternatively, just thinking about certain characters suddenly strikes me with inspiration, so I consider them to be muses in that respect as well. (Bill, for example, has been the inspiration for God knows how many WTF plots.)

Orange_Flaaffy

Crystal Bell Keeper
    Years
  • [Have ever written/read and enjoyed a fic in script format?
    Yes to both questions, but they were not written in 'true' script forum with the right sort of stage directions. I have been meaning to learn how to write one the right way however:)

What are your thoughts on "muses"? Have you ever used/seen them used? Up to what point are they acceptable.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but for me a muse is what I call an idea when I first get it. After that starting point I don't really pay it any mind anymore. I don't think of a muse as a little person/thing I can talk to really :).

Bay

Years

• What are your thoughts on "muses"? Have you ever used/seen them used? Up to what point are they acceptable.

I think I seen them been used a few times in a comedy fic at Serebii. I don't really mind too much unless it goes a little too long. As for muses used in reviews, I don't mind them too much but if the muses seem to be much more longer than the review itself, then I'll be a bit annoyed as it seems the reviewer is not confident enough in his/her review skills and also just doing that to make it longer.

As for me used one: I think I did it one time with either "Take Fifty Five" or its sequel, but don't remember. ^^; However, I'm thinking of doing a quick muse for "Nothing, Everything" as an anniversary sort of thing just for kicks. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back