• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orange_Flaaffy

Crystal Bell Keeper
Years
  • That is the key I think to writing any element into a pokemon story that was not in it to began with, remembering that it is a pokemon story and not drowning out the pokemon element :).

As for taking a page from Anne Rice, I've never cared for her style of vampires to began with, so other than making fun of them now and again, those 'we are vampires, watch us collect dust' types don't appear in my stories :3.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • Pokemon fanfics with vampires as main characters- is it possible to actually come up with a decent plot?

Like with any idea it depends on who is writing it. Stephen King can write the next pokemon movie that includes vampires and you know that it would gross 600 million because of who wrote it and the fact that he already wrote a ton of really good stories.

Have you ever encountered a fanfic that pretty much ripped every detail of its plot from a major movie/book/series outside the fandom it was written in only tweaked slightly and called it original?

I actually do it myself. But I always reference what it is based on and I usually deviate from it all the time

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Pokemon fanfics with vampires as main characters- is it possible to actually come up with a decent plot?
    If the writer is good enough, I could see a vampire-centric fic to be an interesting read.

Have you ever encountered a fanfic that pretty much ripped every detail of its plot from a major movie/book/series outside the fandom it was written in only tweaked slightly and called it original?
    No, but do consider the fact that I follow very few fandoms besides Pokemon.

Orange_Flaaffy

Crystal Bell Keeper
    Years
  • What sort of elements do you think would go into a good website for a fanfic? What would make you feel like coming back to it often (aside from new chapters being posted)?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • What sort of elements do you think would go into a good website for a fanfic? What would make you feel like coming back to it often (aside from new chapters being posted)?
    My fic's website is actually pretty slow as far as posted chapters go. It's got character bios (because those should NEVER go in the fic itself), some details on the region, fanart and sprites that others have made, and soon it'll have grammar advice as well. Don't know if that'll keep folks coming back to it, but that's what mine has.

In addition, my PC claims are in a special section on the site:)

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2014
    Hey, I'm planning to do a story based on an experienced trainer who's applying to be the Cinnabar Island Gym Leader. Does that seem like a reasonably good topic? (I'm going to write it regardless, so be as blunt as you need to be.)

It'll have to do with the application process, and his approach to battling incoming trainers. I'll also have a plot that's outside the Gym, and some flashbacks to help explain who this guy is.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Hey, I'm planning to do a story based on an experienced trainer who's applying to be the Cinnabar Island Gym Leader. Does that seem like a reasonably good topic? (I'm going to write it regardless, so be as blunt as you need to be.)

It'll have to do with the application process, and his approach to battling incoming trainers. I'll also have a plot that's outside the Gym, and some flashbacks to help explain who this guy is.
    Seems ok - might be interesting to read. Things I wouldn't mind knowing is who was the previous one (Blane(?) or someone else), and whether Cinnabar Island had a volcano erupt on them before (as in GSC...). Make sure that the application process is 'realistic' (i.e. not 'hey, you'll do!'), although given that you've planned a plot and all, I think it'll turn out fine. Take your time with it, and good luck!

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2014
    It will have been Blaine (previous leader), but I haven't decided on a reason to replace him. It'll be after they've cleared up most of the volcano's damage, and the trainer the story focuses on will be using Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn Pokemon, and will have connections throughout the world (aside from Sinnoh and Orre).

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • At what time of day do you write the most?

Usually from midnight to three am. Confound school for making me go to bed ;;

Here's a little timeline for you: before I started going to bed around ten pm, I wrote 18 chapters (began July of 2007, ended November of 2007). That's almost four chapters a month. After November to now: three and a half chapters. That's less than a chapter a month. Angst is occuring in my mind ;;

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
    Years

Between one and three in the morning. Not only is this the time when I am most creative, but it also, conveniently, tends to be the time when I have the least other stuff to do and fewer distractions, what with most of the diurnal types in my life having long since gone to sleep and left me in peace.

Bay

Years

Some of the elements I would like to see is fanart, soundtrack, a map if the region is different from the canon ones, character bios, and maybe a couple written commercials too.

I plan to put up a small website for my fanfic and I hope to have most of those put in. XD

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yeah, I too was think of making myself a website... although that too would more than likely be blocked by my school's 'det portal' thing - a sort of idea by the state government to block kids from going to naughty websites at school and the such. As a result, much more is blocked, including forums of any kind (blogs as well), and also useful websites that we are meant to use when we do work on the computer... kind of a joke to be frank.

My website - would probably be low on the fan art part, higer in character bios, would need an explanation list page, and if/when I make one, it would definately also have a 'Miror B appreciation page'... :)

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • 1000th Post!

At what time of day do you write the most?

Any time my siblings aren't home.

What sort of elements do you think would go into a good website for a fanfic? What would make you feel like coming back to it often (aside from new chapters being posted)?

Perhaps some fanart, if it's a Pokemon fic then maybe a link to an online Pokedex. I really wouldn't know, actually.^^ If I knew how to make websites I would have made one of my fics a long time ago.

Saffire Persian

Feline of Light and Shadow
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Utah
    • Seen Nov 7, 2011

Depends. Mostly in the later hours, though. I really don't have a set time, though I need one.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016

Mainly at night, when it's quiet.

Have you had any unfortunate dealings with plagiarism?

Yep. It actually happened here, lol. I was mad as hell then, but now I'm flattered that someone was impressed with my fic enough to the point they wanted to mimic it. :).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Like me, it's totally random. I've written stuff in the afternoon. I've written stuff at 3:30 in the morning. It all depends on my workload and whether I'm motivated enough to write.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023

Normally between one in the morning and four in the morning. The only hours that aren't dominated by schoolwork for me.

Have you had any unfortunate dealings with plagiarism?

Indeed I have. There was a chap named Lord94 who made an alternate account on PokèDream forums with the username of Oni Raichu and then he posted Operation Main Frame. I probably wouldn't have been able to find out about it or stop it if it wasn't for a certain LordZangoose/Nocturne who claimed he was introduced to Pokèmon Fan Universe by Jax Malcolm. Jax obviously didn't and got the link to where she had supposedly given Nocturne the link to PFU. I clicked on the link and got surprised.

Luphinid Silnaek

MAGNEMITE.
    Years
  • Nobody likes Anne Rice... *glances at own fiction* Oh crap.

At one point I would have said morning, but now I really don't know. It seems clear, however, that if I manage a truly epicly good night's sleep, the next morning is a cold, lucid, and writing-conducive time. (I think my writer's sense just evaded a word repetition subconsciously. I wonder if I'm going mad.)

Pokemon fanfics with vampires as main characters- is it possible to actually come up with a decent plot?
    Anything's possible. It would be difficult, though; all the major vampire plots have been used and overused to extinction. There are only so many aspects o a vampire one can illustrate, or flesh out, or expand on to some level of originality. Wait, there are a lot. I suppose one would have to be very acquainted with vampire stories--all the little details.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    I grow bored...

At what time of the day do you write?
    Whenever I feel like it. Mostly after my dogs goes to the bathroom and I'm forced to clean it up, so, you know, I get to write a bunch. ;-]

Oh, and word on the profile is that **** Jax has been messing with meh luvly pear.

I must step my game up!

*superultramegafantasticfastaslightningbutatthesametimeslowasaslugdelukeglomponastinus*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back